anyone looking to buy a magicjack

anyone looking to buy a magicjack

Posted in the Manchester Forum

former customer

Murray, KY

#1 Aug 23, 2012
hi, im new to topix but i just wanted to let anyone out there that is thinking about buying a magicjack to think twice. i bought one in august of last year and after i installed it on my pc it worked fine unless you are watching youtube or downloading music, then it wont work. i was fine with that too. I was happy with the service because it was only 29.95 a year. then came time to renew the service. i renewed the service on august 20th 3 days ago. they took 29.95 off my debit card for another years service. then yesterday morning i got up and tried to use the phone and they was no dial tone. i got online and live chatted with one of their representatives and was told my service was terminated because of excessive use and the 29.95 i paid the day before was non-refundable. i used the phone as i always did the first year. no more or no less. now im out 29.95 and still have no service. so if anyone is thinking of buying a magicjack, i strongly suggest you don't because this is a scam and i just dont want this to happen to anyone else.
hmm

Manchester, KY

#2 Sep 22, 2012
I was wondering if this worked?
Well

Somerset, KY

#3 Sep 29, 2012
I have one and love it. First year was included in price and I bought additional five years for $69.95. that was less than one month of what I was paying, so I love my magic jack.
Jack

Tiptonville, TN

#4 Sep 29, 2012
former customer wrote:
hi, im new to topix but i just wanted to let anyone out there that is thinking about buying a magicjack to think twice. i bought one in august of last year and after i installed it on my pc it worked fine unless you are watching youtube or downloading music, then it wont work. i was fine with that too. I was happy with the service because it was only 29.95 a year. then came time to renew the service. i renewed the service on august 20th 3 days ago. they took 29.95 off my debit card for another years service. then yesterday morning i got up and tried to use the phone and they was no dial tone. i got online and live chatted with one of their representatives and was told my service was terminated because of excessive use and the 29.95 i paid the day before was non-refundable. i used the phone as i always did the first year. no more or no less. now im out 29.95 and still have no service. so if anyone is thinking of buying a magicjack, i strongly suggest you don't because this is a scam and i just dont want this to happen to anyone else.
Liar
former customer

Dexter, MO

#5 Sep 29, 2012
wait til they say you have violated their terms of service by excessive use and cut your service off
Jack

Tiptonville, TN

#6 Sep 29, 2012
former customer wrote:
wait til they say you have violated their terms of service by excessive use and cut your service off
Are you a Windstream or Time Warner employee?

haha
Larry

Somerset, KY

#7 Sep 30, 2012
hmm wrote:
I was wondering if this worked?
I've used the older version magic jack three or four years and the only complaint I had was my computer had to be on before it would work. I recently upgraded to magic jack plus and I love it, the only problem I've had with magic jack plus is when I'm streaming movies and using magic jack the same time the phone does cut in and out a little. For the money I'm saving on phone service, I love magic jack.
former magicjacker

Dexter, MO

#8 Sep 30, 2012
I'm not saying everyone will be done this way, I'm just stating what happened to me. No I'm not a employee of any cable or phone service. I got a magicjack plus a little over a year ago and hooked it up. I called the same people I always do over that first year. Then, when my service came time to renew, I purchased another years service and the next day my service was cut of and all I was told from them was i violated their terms of service by excessive use and I was not getting a refund on the 29.99 i just paid the day before. The thing is still on my pc desk and now its useless.
former magicjacker

Dexter, MO

#9 Sep 30, 2012
what seemed funny to me was they waited until i paid for another year to tell me excessive use could get your service terminated even though i used it the same way as i had the first year. no more or no less. they waited til i paid for another year before cutting my service off and not refunding my money. just beware of these scammers. im sure i wont be the only one.
Well

Somerset, KY

#10 Sep 30, 2012
former customer wrote:
Hope that doest happen. This is the first complaint I have seen or heard on magic jack. Saves me bucks so I will keep it as long as possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Axle 36 min Willetta 121
Hoop out on ROR 6 hr Truthfulness 1
Donald Begley 9 hr Friend 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 hr Just an observer 169,982
CC Basketball 10 hr Could Be Worse 5
Gas Station owners feuding! 11 hr GasUp 4
defamation 20 hr Peggy Napier 43

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages