To Just Curious

Gray, KY

#1 Sep 30, 2012
I saw where Doug White is getting out in October. How fair is that to this county and people he cheated for decades!
Well

Tiptonville, TN

#2 Sep 30, 2012
I think your critIcism of the former mayor is invalid. For what he was convicted, I'm sure most county judges and mayors in Kentucky have often opted to help secure their re-elections by hauling gravel and spreading blacktop for their chosen constituents. In eastern Kentucky most are never charged with a crime so this case was the exception and the excessive length of his sentence was certainly an outrage considering how common this practice is in the mountains.
Classof012

Dyer, TN

#3 Sep 30, 2012
WELL, What do they do to the regular Joe for stealing a load of gravel or less? Or do you think it's all right just because ever one else did it? Can't you see that if this county is going to prosper we will have to change our way of thinking.
County

Gray, KY

#4 Sep 30, 2012
If I remember correctly, he got caught drunk in town with an under age girl. On top of everything else he did.
Nope

Tiptonville, TN

#5 Sep 30, 2012
County wrote:
If I remember correctly, he got caught drunk in town with an under age girl. On top of everything else he did.
Never happened, just another false rumor.
Worker

Somerset, KY

#6 Sep 30, 2012
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Never happened, just another false rumor.
It was in the Manchester paper. He will more than likely try tonics in London as well.I know he was and is a piece of crap. Taking money from the county, buying votes, and making up positions for his family.
Worker

Somerset, KY

#7 Sep 30, 2012
I meant hide in London
well

London, KY

#8 Oct 1, 2012
i don't think u know what u mean!! lol
yeah

London, KY

#9 Oct 1, 2012
Worker wrote:
<quoted text>It was in the Manchester paper. He will more than likely try tonics in London as well.I know he was and is a piece of crap. Taking money from the county, buying votes, and making up positions for his family.
well them county judges have a lot on their side,they get a lot of money to spend,have to do something with it!!
The Manchester Surprise

Tiptonville, TN

#10 Oct 1, 2012
Worker wrote:
<quoted text>It was in the Manchester paper.
Hahahahahaha, too funny.
IMHO

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Oct 2, 2012
I don't know what he did or didn't do, but I do know one thing: Our city prospered and was a lot better off when he was mayor. Now we have alcohol and higher taxes on everything and that wasn't the case when he was mayor so he must have done some things right !!
Clay

Hazard, KY

#12 Oct 5, 2012
IMHO wrote:
I don't know what he did or didn't do, but I do know one thing: Our city prospered and was a lot better off when he was mayor. Now we have alcohol and higher taxes on everything and that wasn't the case when he was mayor so he must have done some things right !!
Are you stupid or just related to him! He was a joke! He stole from the county, committed fraud, and would NOT allow any type of jobs in this county!! And let's not forget the jobs he tried to create forhis stupid son!
Do A Little Math

London, KY

#13 Oct 5, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Are you stupid or just related to him! He was a joke! He stole from the county, committed fraud, and would NOT allow any type of jobs in this county!! And let's not forget the jobs he tried to create forhis stupid son!
Well lets see ....under Dough White...no jobs..no debt...money in the bank..

under last 2 mayors....no jobs.... BIG DEBT...BROKE!!!!

Do The Math!!!!!!
Hope

Hazard, KY

#14 Oct 5, 2012
The stupid county has been broke. He never did anything to benefit this county. At least the others have tried. The camp ground does great. It's a great place to go and get away from things. Alot of outsiders come. The only money in the bank was going in his bank account not the county's. None of the new mayors had much to work with after he was done with the county. Yeah Doug is a real symbol of a great leader! His like every other crook here. Waiting for a handout!
nmm

United States

#15 Oct 5, 2012
To Just Curious wrote:
I saw where Doug White is getting out in October. How fair is that to this county and people he cheated for decades!
He did his crime...he served his time....he destroyed his family...he paid for it. Constituti Leonally he is a free man. Let him be.
Hmmm

Flat Lick, KY

#16 Oct 5, 2012
Hope wrote:
The stupid county has been broke. He never did anything to benefit this county. At least the others have tried. The camp ground does great. It's a great place to go and get away from things. Alot of outsiders come. The only money in the bank was going in his bank account not the county's. None of the new mayors had much to work with after he was done with the county. Yeah Doug is a real symbol of a great leader! His like every other crook here. Waiting for a handout!
Aren't you confusing Daugh White with Crawdad?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CriminalForever 156,448
Who was found dead on ham holler? Sat carolyn 7
Larry Collins slacked let it all happen under h... (Feb '14) Sat crazy bitch 20
Karen Lawson posts being deleted. Sat motorboater 10
Favorite Breakfast Cereal Sat nom nom 5
i were wemen panties when i smoke meth (Jun '12) Sat Stevbo1 28
Memorial hospital Dec 2 Curious 1

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages