First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Blue Eyes

London, KY

#125 Sep 3, 2013
Howdydoody are you married or divorced? You don't seem to be able to conduct yourself in an orderly fashion while defending yourself. If the truth hurts then make changes. There's seems to be a lot of watchful eyes in Clay County, it's an improvement over those who walked around with their eyes closed for so long. It doesn't take a genius to know that Clay County Festival is a joke. All you had to do is drive by to see the failure. Closed minds never see the truth just as conceded individuals who strive for popularity, never find happiness. You aren't important just because you sit on a committee. You're only as important as your success is. Anybody can sit on their A%% and pretend to be working hard but it's the end result that counts. If the festival committee put a years worth of thought and planning in this years event, it's time for a new committee.
Stan

London, KY

#126 Sep 3, 2013
Would like to see the budget for the festival operations. Please post your figures. Open records and transparency is important to create credibility.
bbb wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay County Days booths are always open to locals. Its always the same every body wants something for nothing. it takes money to put on a festible . This year as
skimpy as it was it cost at least $25,000.00. tell me how you can do it and not charge for booth space
Stan

London, KY

#127 Sep 3, 2013
Yes, it is time for a change Just today, listening to the rock 105 talk show a caller was asked, simple conversation about did they go to the festival and the response from the caller, was, duh, uh, NO....and the topic shifted....

It is time for a change of festival leadership, we need a new focus and theme, a new energy with creativity, multiple venues all throughout the community.....a community wide celebration......

Let's make the festival something special and something our entire community can be proud of and something interesting enough and enjoyable enough to draw visitors......
Blue Eyes wrote:
Howdydoody are you married or divorced? You don't seem to be able to conduct yourself in an orderly fashion while defending yourself. If the truth hurts then make changes. There's seems to be a lot of watchful eyes in Clay County, it's an improvement over those who walked around with their eyes closed for so long. It doesn't take a genius to know that Clay County Festival is a joke. All you had to do is drive by to see the failure. Closed minds never see the truth just as conceded individuals who strive for popularity, never find happiness. You aren't important just because you sit on a committee. You're only as important as your success is. Anybody can sit on their A%% and pretend to be working hard but it's the end result that counts. If the festival committee put a years worth of thought and planning in this years event, it's time for a new committee.
lil stan

London, KY

#128 Sep 3, 2013
I agree with stan all the way!!!!!
Howdydoody

Somerset, KY

#129 Sep 4, 2013
I agree with you all on needing new faces so my point is where is your face I'm sure if you know any of these people they would be glad to step down and have a new person take their place,so before getting on Topix talking about people lets all see your face and tell them what you think and as far as a meeting goes call out when you and the rest of your associates wants a meeting and you can have all next year to get your plan together,Make A CALL I'm sure anyone you contact will get in touch with the others and let you decide what next year should do.Let's see New Faces instead working on Topix.
irecon

Somerset, KY

#130 Sep 4, 2013
Howdydoody wrote:
I agree with you all on needing new faces so my point is where is your face I'm sure if you know any of these people they would be glad to step down and have a new person take their place,so before getting on Topix talking about people lets all see your face and tell them what you think and as far as a meeting goes call out when you and the rest of your associates wants a meeting and you can have all next year to get your plan together,Make A CALL I'm sure anyone you contact will get in touch with the others and let you decide what next year should do.Let's see New Faces instead working on Topix.
I am dying to see how Stan and a few more organize and work the festival ...while sitting on their butts on topix....
BBB

London, KY

#131 Sep 4, 2013
Stan wrote:
Would like to see the budget for the festival operations. Please post your figures. Open records and transparency is important to create credibility.
<quoted text>
I`m not on the board and have nothing to do with it. I am a business man that has to operate on a budget every day. I know that you cannot operate nothing with out money. People just want work for nothing. Tell me STAN what have you ever done for the community. How menny hours volunteer work have you done? Get off your but and help do something or find another hobby.(bitch about what other people are trying to do)
Hog Wash

Annville, KY

#132 Sep 4, 2013
bbb wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay County Days booths are always open to locals. Its always the same every body wants something for nothing. it takes money to put on a festible . This year as
skimpy as it was it cost at least $25,000.00. tell me how you can do it and not charge for booth space
Would you please explain to me why it cost $25,000 to have a festival.Sounds to me like somebody is dipping in the pot.The fine citizens needs to look at the books.Shouldn't have to pay for local talent.I would figure that our local talent would perform free.I sure don't see $25,000 being spent on that festival.Please explain what its used for.Who got paid that much money and for what? The people paying for booth space pays for the water and electric that was used.I think somebody is dipping in the pot.
open the closet door

London, KY

#133 Sep 4, 2013
Sam Roark starring in her own videos (even the homemade you tube ones ) is embarrassing for her. If she wants to be a cute country singer she needs to drop 100, cover the tats, and dress like a girl. Everybody knows she gay. She married a chic. IF she's going to continue to look & dress like a lesbian, she might as well make lesbo videos. The videos are good even if b or c grade, but Sam Roark as she looks and dresses now (the boy hair, the tats, the boy clothes) is not believable at all as the female love interest of any guy. Sam can't have it both ways. If she wants to play to a straight audience needs to look the part. If she wants to continue to look lesbo AND star in the videos - she needs to change romantic leads to girls. Good singer - just has alot of decisions to make.
Sam Fan

Busy, KY

#134 Sep 4, 2013
open the closet door wrote:
Sam Roark starring in her own videos (even the homemade you tube ones ) is embarrassing for her. If she wants to be a cute country singer she needs to drop 100, cover the tats, and dress like a girl. Everybody knows she gay. She married a chic. IF she's going to continue to look & dress like a lesbian, she might as well make lesbo videos. The videos are good even if b or c grade, but Sam Roark as she looks and dresses now (the boy hair, the tats, the boy clothes) is not believable at all as the female love interest of any guy. Sam can't have it both ways. If she wants to play to a straight audience needs to look the part. If she wants to continue to look lesbo AND star in the videos - she needs to change romantic leads to girls. Good singer - just has alot of decisions to make.
I agree with you but from what I hear all the (Big) record labels in Nashville that she's talking to and the (Major Indie)label that she's with have all told her to just be herself and not fake and her voice will take care of the rest (record sales and concerts). I hope they are right because she certainly has an amazing voice and could soon put Clay Co. KY on the map for something positive for a change !!!
You no like

Louisville, KY

#135 Sep 4, 2013
O come on Robert! You're the only one who is still the crap she is feeding you. Have you not wasted enough money yet? The Clank Clank video is a joke. She screams Jolene. None of the BIG RECORD labels are interested in her with all the talent in Nashville. She'll take what you have until you don't have anything. Wake up Robert...It's only a dream.
bbb

Mount Vernon, KY

#136 Sep 4, 2013
Hog Wash wrote:
<quoted text>Would you please explain to me why it cost $25,000 to have a festival.Sounds to me like somebody is dipping in the pot.The fine citizens needs to look at the books.Shouldn't have to pay for local talent.I would figure that our local talent would perform free.I sure don't see $25,000 being spent on that festival.Please explain what its used for.Who got paid that much money and for what? The people paying for booth space pays for the water and electric that was used.I think somebody is dipping in the pot.
Its easy to tell you have never done nothing but sit on your ass and bitch about what other people do. Next year the committee needs to hire you to run the whole thing. I have an ideal talk the company from Indiana to bring his $75000.00 stage down here along with 3 helpers for three days for $ 200.00. How about asking the sound people to borrow their $50 to $75000.00 worth of equiptment that you are a good fellow and will take good care of it. I don`t know who or where the entertainment came from. a few years ago some 0f the singers were paid 9 To $10,000.00 plus motel room. You get the ideal. thats just a small example of the expense.
Blue Eyes

London, KY

#137 Sep 4, 2013
bbb you have confirmed what we were all thinking, the clay county festival is a waste of tax payers money. There is no way that the kind of money you are suggesting is donated. There is no way that the festival is making money for anyone. Do you get the idea? The festival is a bust, it's a waste of money and we're tired of the politicians wasting our tax money then requesting taxes to be raised because they have over spent or made bad investments. It's not the job of these politicians to spend more money than they have. It's their job to protect the tax payers money. These politicians were elected to invest wisely. This is a business decision and the festival is not a wise investment.
bbb

Mount Vernon, KY

#138 Sep 4, 2013
Blue Eyes wrote:
bbb you have confirmed what we were all thinking, the clay county festival is a waste of tax payers money. There is no way that the kind of money you are suggesting is donated. There is no way that the festival is making money for anyone. Do you get the idea? The festival is a bust, it's a waste of money and we're tired of the politicians wasting our tax money then requesting taxes to be raised because they have over spent or made bad investments. It's not the job of these politicians to spend more money than they have. It's their job to protect the tax payers money. These politicians were elected to invest wisely. This is a business decision and the festival is not a wise investment.
Its hard to talk to someone that don`t have a clue. How is it that you don`t understand or can`t read English. I don`t know what their budget was this year. I do know that in past years they have spent $25,000.00 and more on entertainment. Once again it is done with donations not tax payer money. What do you think those sighs around the stage were? Since you don`t seem too bright ,I will tell you. Those businesses and people are the ones sponcered C C Day. With the economy being down and money being tight is one reason it hasn`t been as big as usually. Its a shame that people who really try to do something have to listen to people like you. I`m sure it don`t feel good to be called a crook when they are only trying to help. Maybe you are a crook but everyone isn`t.
Laplicker

Manchester, KY

#139 Sep 6, 2013
bbb wrote:
<quoted text>
Its hard to talk to someone that don`t have a clue. How is it that you don`t understand or can`t read English. I don`t know what their budget was this year. I do know that in past years they have spent $25,000.00 and more on entertainment. Once again it is done with donations not tax payer money. What do you think those sighs around the stage were? Since you don`t seem too bright ,I will tell you. Those businesses and people are the ones sponcered C C Day. With the economy being down and money being tight is one reason it hasn`t been as big as usually. Its a shame that people who really try to do something have to listen to people like you. I`m sure it don`t feel good to be called a crook when they are only trying to help. Maybe you are a crook but everyone isn`t.
Your best bet is to get Richie Farmer he has already been payed!!!!
Mabeline

London, KY

#140 Sep 6, 2013
CRAZY wrote:
You people are crazy! She has her uncle fooled! I'd bet that Kid Rock's dad is her manager too? What happened to the tattoo shop? Never in a million years will anyone sign her to a major label. You people are crazy!!
I agree with all this. We all know what happened to that lesbo K.D. Lang trying to make it big in Nashville several years ago and being loud and proud of being gay. They gave her the boot and she aint been seen since. Go to San Francisco with your "wife" where you will look "normal" with the rest of them weirdos and not to the Opry where you look like a dyke AND stupid. lol
Mabeline

London, KY

#141 Sep 6, 2013
You no like wrote:
O come on Robert! You're the only one who is still the crap she is feeding you. Have you not wasted enough money yet? The Clank Clank video is a joke. She screams Jolene. None of the BIG RECORD labels are interested in her with all the talent in Nashville. She'll take what you have until you don't have anything. Wake up Robert...It's only a dream.
He is too drunk to know he is being taken for a ride. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lil boy 3 hr Crippled Fact 22
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Known Fact 131,906
again 7 hr seen her 2
mittie bowman 8 hr cupid 1
What happen today at Save a Lot? 8 hr dezy 1
Who should be the next Clay County High School ... 14 hr Rumor 42
dog dumping on urban creek rd 17 hr Cornhead 2
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night