Clay Co Days Lineup Set

Somerset, KY

#43 Aug 27, 2013
Going to be another great Clay County Days this year with another unbelievable line up of talent. Congratulations Betty, Dobber, and Jamie. Can't Wait !!!! Country Wide and Anthony Jones and Trouble Train on Thursday Night. Dewayne Spaw, Dwanna and The Prime Time Band and Nashville's Honky Tonk Angel, Samantha Roark and her talented special Nashville (TV Series) Guest Friday Night. Johnny Holland and South Rock, Dewayne Spaw, Travis Wayne, and closing down the Festival on Saturday Night for the 2nd year in a row is the awesome Kiss Cover Band "Dressed To Kill" !!! Lots of awesome talent nightly that you won't want to miss. As good as it gets and best of all it's FREE !!!!!
Job

Busy, KY

#44 Aug 28, 2013
When it comes 2 Clay County Days my patience is all used up! I can't say it enough I hate Clay County Days!!!!!!!!!! It's always in the way & the DRUGGIES seem 2 come out of the woodworks & from underneath every rock in the county! I wish they'd STOP HAVING THEM!!
Who

Annville, KY

#46 Aug 28, 2013
Just a place for parents to drop their wild teenagers off and let them run wild.
Quagmire

Evarts, KY

#47 Aug 28, 2013
Giggidy
claycountysusks

Williamsburg, KY

#48 Aug 28, 2013
They just anything to get more money...they suckkkk for real
Barney Five

London, KY

#49 Aug 29, 2013
Clay County Days Suck!! It's created for the lowlifes of this county who are to sorry to work, but can walk up and down the roads until the wee hours of the night!!

It's for these so called parents who don't give a rat's behind about their kids. They just drop them off, wearing hardly nothing and let them roam wild!!

It's for the drunks and drug heads who come blowed out of their minds, looking for drugs/alcohol falling all over everyone else!

It's for those that don't have life's or jobs that wonder up and down the streets trying to be seen by those that don't give a damn!

It's for the businesses who are there to take the "First of the Monthers" free money they receive each month from stealing from the working people!! And that's Clay County Days!!!
Stop Judging

London, KY

#50 Aug 29, 2013
We are the people without lifes, really? But your the one on topix judging and bashing a county which you dont even live in. I think you should rethink because everywhere you go theres something negative for someone too get in too.
Kinda like how everytime something happens in a community, someones gotta run there mouth- no matter where you are.
Hate Clay County Days

London, KY

#51 Aug 30, 2013
Are you saying that "Barney Five" is wrong? That's right, you can't, because its the truth! The lowlife's love it. It's a place for them to hung out. The small, and I do mean small, percent that work can't stand it!! So they are exactly right! It's a poor excuse for a county festival! It should be called, "Bring Your Check Days"!
Unknown

London, KY

#52 Aug 30, 2013
Wonder how many people will get arrested
EyeoftheTiger

London, KY

#53 Aug 30, 2013
Unknown wrote:
Wonder how many people will get arrested
Be good and you want get arrested .
EyeoftheTiger

London, KY

#54 Aug 30, 2013
clay county Days is fun to go and lisen to the singing 2 they do is get your money that you will need later when your out in town and its about 90 to 100 and that last dollar is there in your pocket and you think yep i got a dollar get a Arizona tea
hell fire

London, KY

#55 Aug 30, 2013
Some people would grip if Jesus should show up on the stage tonight and bless them all.GET YOUR CLASSY ASS OUT AND GO TO WORK AND KEEP THE CHECKS COMING. ID SAY MOST WOULD PERFER U DIDNT COME. People had rather see something different besides a drugbust or pot puffer throwed in jail. SOME like to walk the streets. .It shouldnt be none of your business.Damn get a life keep your ass home tonight and stay on cp and bitch.Alittle pot or pill or drink aint going to hurt noone just makeum feel a little bit better.Where u live... bridge street.Some outgrow their pants and forget where they come from.A little free country music and a funnel cake is good once a year. put u up a booth and get some opf that check money.hey dont work to hard.
Stan

Hazard, KY

#56 Aug 30, 2013
I appreciate the reason and the spirit behind the Come Home to Clay County Days Festival, but like many of you, I too have grown frustrated with the slow decline over the last few years of the quality of the festival.

Do we have many good vendors and booths, yes. Do we have a lot of good people with good intentions, yes. Do we need new leadership and an infusion of new ideas among the festival committee, YES.

I, as you, recall fondly the many great headline acts that we were proud to host and have provide high quality entertainment that was able to draw large crowds of locals and a number of visitors from out of town. This is not intended to diss or bash any of the locals, they are great and it is wonderful to provide them a venue by which to display and promote their talents, but should be during the day hours and not during the "prime time" when we should have a major headliner as in the past.

My post in merely intended to share a humble opinion about the need for new and dynamic membership to be involved with next years festival. Event planning and fundraising efforts should begin in October immediately following the festival conclusion with an outside Treasurer or CPA to reconcile all funds according to "best practices" and the committee must have a majority vote to approve all expenditures in promotion of the festival.

80% funds should be dedicated to headline music contract whereas 20% be allocated to other incentives to encourage community participation and support in various prize activities.

We need to get back to the point where the "CC Days Festival" draw big crowds with the goal of making it a top festival in the region. It may even need to be relocated to the Ramsey Ball Park area which can accomodate convenient parking and provide space for multiple and simultaneous events, while decreasing traffic congestion.

I really like adding the Quilting, how about other Appalchian arts and crafts and exhibits? How about a really nice horse show? How about CC Days 5k run? How about fireworks at the end on Sat nite? How about mud bog event for ATV's or Crash Car Derby? Etc. Etc.

I will be at the festival Saturday night, but sure wish has more reason to go on Friday night, or during the day as well. Just a few thoughts!
CCDays Supporter

Somerset, KY

#57 Aug 30, 2013
Stan wrote:
I appreciate the reason and the spirit behind the Come Home to Clay County Days Festival, but like many of you, I too have grown frustrated with the slow decline over the last few years of the quality of the festival.
Do we have many good vendors and booths, yes. Do we have a lot of good people with good intentions, yes. Do we need new leadership and an infusion of new ideas among the festival committee, YES.
I, as you, recall fondly the many great headline acts that we were proud to host and have provide high quality entertainment that was able to draw large crowds of locals and a number of visitors from out of town. This is not intended to diss or bash any of the locals, they are great and it is wonderful to provide them a venue by which to display and promote their talents, but should be during the day hours and not during the "prime time" when we should have a major headliner as in the past.
My post in merely intended to share a humble opinion about the need for new and dynamic membership to be involved with next years festival. Event planning and fundraising efforts should begin in October immediately following the festival conclusion with an outside Treasurer or CPA to reconcile all funds according to "best practices" and the committee must have a majority vote to approve all expenditures in promotion of the festival.
80% funds should be dedicated to headline music contract whereas 20% be allocated to other incentives to encourage community participation and support in various prize activities.
We need to get back to the point where the "CC Days Festival" draw big crowds with the goal of making it a top festival in the region. It may even need to be relocated to the Ramsey Ball Park area which can accomodate convenient parking and provide space for multiple and simultaneous events, while decreasing traffic congestion.
I really like adding the Quilting, how about other Appalchian arts and crafts and exhibits? How about a really nice horse show? How about CC Days 5k run? How about fireworks at the end on Sat nite? How about mud bog event for ATV's or Crash Car Derby? Etc. Etc.
I will be at the festival Saturday night, but sure wish has more reason to go on Friday night, or during the day as well. Just a few thoughts!
I agree we need more community involved everybody talks about how bad it is but do nothing to help.There isn't enough people on committee it works them to death on the other hand they never invite anyone to the meetings never let anybody know what is going on they need to be more like Stay in Clay inviting people to join, Just my thoughts
Stan

Hazard, KY

#59 Aug 30, 2013
Yes, I totally concur. The committee should be a jointly appointed group by the Mayor, the County Executive, and the Chamber President.

The festival service membership should have varying years of service from 1-3 yrs with a continuous mix of experienced members and new membership for continuity and creativity. Each of the community leaders shall appoint 3 persons to the newly created Festival Board. Members of the new County Festival Board should ideally have diverse backgrounds from business, education, public service, community organizations, and from the spiritual community.

Let's work together to make this a regional event that can showcase our community in a positive and remarkable way! Let's make CC Days a top ranked festival attraction for the region and state. We can do this!
CCDays Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>I agree we need more community involved everybody talks about how bad it is but do nothing to help.There isn't enough people on committee it works them to death on the other hand they never invite anyone to the meetings never let anybody know what is going on they need to be more like Stay in Clay inviting people to join, Just my thoughts
gump

London, KY

#60 Aug 30, 2013
Better wait to you get some new ones in office first.Everbodys squirming cause election time is comin up.I just dont see Clay being number one.To many know the tricks of the trade and are in the click or think they are. Lot of the click being used and dont know it.
Reporter

Somerset, KY

#61 Aug 30, 2013
Clay County Days are declining because it sucks! It's held on the first of the month for a reason! And I can assure you, it's not the working people of this county! But the low-life, pilled up check drawers of this county! No decent hard working person wants to work all day and than run up town and rub elbows with the nasty, stinking sorry asses of this town, who has nothing better to do with themselves than go to Clay County Days!!
The only thing this joke of a festival is good for is bringing the low-life's out of the wood work!!
They can't have it any other time of the month or it would be a bigger flop than it is now!!
No decent person or business wants to be associated with "Clay County Check Day"!

Don't blame the elected officials, they can't make people in this sorry county work!
Blame the low-life's who rob the county and its working people of every resource available! And still want everything for nothing!!
Business Owner

London, KY

#62 Aug 31, 2013
Clay County Days is declining simply because of the economy. People do not have the money to spend on things they do not need. Most people just come for the food and the socialization. If the committee wants more booths, then they need to lower the price. A vendor told m that the rent was 200.00 for a 10 x 10 space. It takes a whole lot of sales to make the rent.
funny

London, KY

#63 Aug 31, 2013
Just an idea but maybe if they added a drug store an a liquor joint to the mix since that seems the only business wanting to come here might spice up the cc days.
Just A Twerking

Williamsburg, KY

#64 Aug 31, 2013
funny wrote:
Just an idea but maybe if they added a drug store an a liquor joint to the mix since that seems the only business wanting to come here might spice up the cc days.
Yeah, we could invite some of the big drug companies like Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Glaxo, Roche, Novartis, AstraZeneca, Merck, Bristol-Myers, Eli Lilly. They would each have a booth and offer free samples and during the parade they could throw out bucketfuls to the crowd.

Hey, we might try getting those Budweiser Clydesdales. I know the kids would enjoy it.

We could also invite Mylie Cyrus and even make her honorary Clay Countian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the gal that is manager at Walmart ? 3 hr Caught on camera 1
Does any one trust Mary Messer Root 4 hr heavenlydelight 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Marie 136,236
Police in Clay County 6 hr Jeff Centers 2
Wanted Fugitive Possibly in Manchester Area - H... (Apr '14) 6 hr Tabitha Akins 4
Swimming Pool 9 hr Country girl20152... 3
Horny and board bury 11 hr just wondering 4
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]