London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

bears dad wrote:
First of all, I really don't think the board of education here in clay can afford to cough up the funds that it would cost to forfeit games, second, im new to town with my kid "bear". Hes 13 yrs old, 5,11 and 275 lbs. Hes in the 7th grade. We left Corbin to come here and try to work and play sports for Clay County schools. We left an undefeated, probable state championship team to come here and try to get better. My kid is a good student with a b average in arguably the best educational system in the state(Corbin). His preliminary reports herein clay show him with an A average. Besides this, my kid is a winner, he has a positive attitude no matter what. When I show him these posts, I know that it will make him upset and want to make himself and all the kids around him better. That's the kind of kid he is. We know how hard you have to work and how lucky you have to be to win championships in any sport. Part of winning teams is the support that they get from the parents and the community, and if we have anything to do with it, things around here are gonna change. yeah, everybody loves a winner but you stand behind your kids NO MATTER WHAT!
If you want Big Bear to play on a winning team and get a college scholarship you should have kept him in Corbin.
Sweetie

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

pointing fingers wrote:
Clay County Football Players shouldn't have to be looked at like a losing team because of the Napier's directions under coaching ! Looks like you all are just giving in to the Napier's !
Giving in? No, we are just facing reality. Evidently, someone thinks that they have the ability to bring this football team up to par. It's beyond our control. Until the administrators make changes, may as well cheer the boys on. It's not their fault. I firmly believer that.
Delete

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Football is a sport where kids must have an above average work ethic, and be a little tougher than the average. Kids get their work ethic and toughness from their parents some of it's learned some inherited, bottom line is it wouldn't matter if Tom Landry was on the sideline. Clay just don't have very tough kids, add this to the fact that they don't have an ounce of pride and you got yourself a loser.

No Coach can fix loseritious.
Delete

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Worse part is the players will read what I just said and it won't even affect them whatsoever, and that folks ... is level 4 loseritious.
superstar

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Ok, Let me see if I am understanding what everyone is saying. The coaches, players, parents, fans, school administrators, chain gang, Big D and the outlaws, Larry (who rides the little green gator up and down the track) and anyone else in Clay County who has seen a football game this year have lost all interest in this team and sport Well.... let's bury it then because it has died in it's tracks.
Cubby

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Yea we got problems. I sure hope Papa Bear brought some NFL quarterbacks and linemen with him along with a few coaches. I do think the motivation is lacking and there has always been a problem with the coaches playing favorites, being politically or financially connected with parents and playing Junior in the starting line to make his parents happy. We got some size sitting on the sideline, those boys need to be pushing the offense back and breaking through their line. If those big boys can't help us then they are just taking up space and blocking the view from the fans. We have a major problem with passing the ball. Those boys need to work on passing and catching. Take them all back to the fundamentals and start from scratch. No player regardless of who they are or what position they played should be guaranteed a starting position. You've got players out there that can't push a shopping cart trying to push back or hold back a 350 pound train. Strength is what the line needs. Get a sled and have them pull the coaching staff around a field to build their strength up. Go back to a time before weight lifting equipment and climate controlled work out rooms were around and toughen the boys up. Separate the men from the mice and only keep the strongest, fastest and best players. Make them earn the right to wear the uniform and not let just anybody who wants to be on the team wear one. If they want to play, they will earn their spot and if not let them go home to their Playstations and Mommas. Only the best should be on the team. They represent Clay County and we desperately need to build the pride back up.
pointing fingers

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Let me address a few comments here , you cannot judge a kid by it's parent's ,kid's who come from nothing strive hard on being everything they possibly can be and most of the time try harder than the other's ! No it's not the kid's fault ..never once said it was ..they need a new COACHING STAFF !
Almost

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Pointing Fingers, you almost got it right. We definitely need a coaching staff. One that won't tolerate the partying, coming to the games and practice while recovering from a hang over and one that will stand firmly against that kind of behavior.

Since: Oct 13

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Brashear wrote:
If you are showing your kid post on topix what kind of parent are you? By your post you sound like you would fit in good here at Clay, you hype him up to be a legend in the making, that is most of the battle here. If you left Corbin chasing the dream of "bear" becoming a football star here, you are going to be disappointed.
I believe the parents are behind the kids, its the coaches that are in question here. I also believe that the question of can the program be fixed will be addressed and we will have a whole new staff in place by Christmas break.
I consider myself an excellent parent and could not imagine not sharing topix with him, if for nothing else to show him different points of view, what would you do try to raise him inside of a box. Not me. My social openness with him has really helped me in raising what I consider a good kid. Hes polite, well mannered, friendly to everyone, and has respect for all. Sure glad I have raised a leader and don't have to worry about drugs, alcohol, staying out late, or running up and down the roads, I would sure rather him read topix and learn about the human condition than be doing something that would get him in trouble. Where is your's.
Brashear

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Most parents do consider themselves excellent parents. He is your child, you can raise he however you like. But, when you go to telling about him the first thing you said is how big he is, and how much of a leader he is. Those are thing that are to be proven not told. In Clay "certain kids" are told they are all these things, while others are told all they are not. Which has lead to the "certain kids" thinking they are better and that they dont have to work for their spots, which has made the program what it is.
As for the question where is mine. I can tell you it isn't on topix. For future reference, and I know I am adding to the sickness by posting on here, topix is nothing but trouble.
sorry

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

only if supporting your team would make them win games, no amount of support is going to help them win games, that's just facts. It takes talent to win games, not saying they don't have any but they are def. lacking in that area
pointing fingers

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

I am sure there is talent on the team they just need someone to specify who is good at this position and that position & place them where they need to be , you can point fingers in every direction but not at where the problem lays and that is with the coaching staff i think maybe you all are just lacking some balls to face off with the problem !
james samples

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

well let me tell you something no body is strating any thing on here and i like to say why is ever body being trun to there backs and for one clay county coach scoot reid is not a bad coach and all my friends play for clay county and and no body ain't being jealous and and the tigers are the best in clay county and and none of the coach are starting carp and im sorry about that and it has made ever body feel mad and and the naiper's needs to stop posting suff on here and i mean it thanks agian please write me back on here
pointing fingers

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

1st. of all you need to go back to school and nothing you said here i can answer to cause it makes zero sense ! I am not starting crap that i wouldn't say right to someone's face and yes sir i do have the balls to do so ! You have a good day !
Former Players Parent

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Has anyone notice that more players have quit this year than any other? The Napier's like to pitch the players at each other and that causes friction inside the team. They have their favorites and their favoritism is not based on a players ability, it's based on who they are.The only thing this coaching staff has accomplished this year has been shattering dreams, promoting low self esteem, provoking fights, encouragement for isolating certain former players and breaking friendships. My son quit because of the unfairness and I'm proud of the choice he made. He isn't a quitter, he didn't abandon the team in their time of need. He stood up against the unfairness and the favoritism. The Napier have drilled these young men to the point of exhaustion. Their grades have suffered greatly. They have very little time at home because of practice and games and for what reason? To be told they sux, they are a P***y and to be humiliated. This isn't a team, it's a torture camp. Winning isn't the goal, breaking spirits is the focus. If the Board of Education can't find better coaches then football in Clay County needs to be suspended until they find qualified human beings that knows how to build a team.
Sick

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Heard there are currently less than 20 high school players. Amon should make someone answer what happened, and why did soo many quit? Clay is on the verge of not having a football program, it close to being unfixable.
pointing fingers

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Way to go Napier's you are getting a fan club looks like ! Kid shouldn't have to tolerate this crap from anyone ! With draw your positions and do them a favor save yourself's from looking like the clowns you are !
Name

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

If this is true the admin needs to investigate the situation. Our kids deserve the best.
Daddy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Oh it is true and it can be verified by any of the players that has quit. I think there might be 2 seniors left on the team and if they have 20 players left it would surprise me. Old Wayne with his old school tactics did not get the job done. Evan with his new boy on the block does not know how to coach. The rest of the coaching staff is there to make sure there son or nephew has a starting position. My boy quit a few weeks ago and I was as happy as a child on Christmas morning. I told him it was his choice but pleased as punch that he decided to quit. The stress and aggravation was more than what it was worth. These complaints are not coming from parents who got mad cause there boy aint playing. Alot of the starters have quit because of the coaching. I am glad this season is over and my boy is out of CCHS this year. Good luck to next years team and parents cause with the Napiers calling the shots you are going to need all the luck you can get. More parents and players will tell you what went wrong this year and who is to blame.

Since: Oct 13

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Look, Im sure that there is plenty of blame to go around for the season which is now over. It's time to stop crying, whining, and placing blame upon the staff, players, and community for what everyone knows was an abysmal year. The key to having a successful season next year starts right now. I was lucky to be able to get Bear to try out for the basketball team which will give him a chance to stay active during the offseason and give him an advantage over kids in other programs like Corbin, Pulaskies and Laurels. I feel like an area of emphasis for kids to work on during this offseason should be fundamentals. That is where it has to start, because if you don't have them you are behind from the get go. Our teams seem to have plenty of size and speed, and as far as coaching goes, football is a pretty simple game so long as your fundamentals are sound and you make your kids work as hard as they can go and then ask them to work just a little more. That means lots of running and conditioning to keep those kids competitive when it gets down to the nitty gritty, when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter. And no one forget that football is still just a game and in a lot of cases you have to have some luck go your way to win sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of140
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Manchester Forum right now

Search the Manchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DemocRATS 146,109
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min spaceship 128,569
jailer and magistrate 48 min i care 29
Laurel Creek Health Care (Oct '13) 55 min Living And Learning 36
Water dep. people 2 hr Flattop 9
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr but now 81,566
Why WKLB 7 hr Heard That 24
•••
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••