Clay County Football 2013
Go Big Orange

Flat Lick, KY

#126 Oct 5, 2013
LOSERS wrote:
The coach needs to let the players party and dope before the games maybe they might win a game.
I hear Lane Kiffin is looking for a job.
Coach

London, KY

#127 Oct 5, 2013
Hard for players not to party when the coach throws the best ones around. Its team bonding and manditory to funnel a beer after a big loss in clay county now.
Liar Liar

Somerset, KY

#128 Oct 6, 2013
The team has problems and some of the players are partying but that happens in every county and every team. The only problem I see with the coaching staff is that they don't demonstrate discipline in the players. These boys don't care if they lose because they're still treated like winners by the coaching staff.We have a few players in the starting line-up that gives it their all but most care very little about winning. If the coaching staff doesn't make a lot of changes in the line-up, we'll have another losing season next year. The following comment is an absolute lie.
Coach wrote:
Hard for players not to party when the coach throws the best ones around. Its team bonding and manditory to funnel a beer after a big loss in clay county now.
disappointed

Somerset, KY

#129 Oct 9, 2013
After watching the JV team lose again, I've realized that the coaching staff of the Tigers don't care to lose. We had a freshman trying to be a coach and humiliating himself along with other member of the Tiger team. A member of any team should never be allowed to scream at other players while the so called coaching staff sits idle. There seems to be no discipline on either the varsity or jv teams. This is beyond being pathetic, it's embarrassing. I never believed any of the old stories about players being chosen because of their last names instead of their ability to play but now, I'm waking up and seeing it's a possibility. This team and coaching staff is in great need of a complete overhaul. Why should the team care if they win or lose,the coaching staff doesn't care. I also think the flag football is a rip off. We weren't told when this would take place. The coaching staff's only concern was getting our money. My child will never participate in flag football again. This organization is being poorly managed. The "party boys" have control of the organization. I'm starting to believe, if you aren't rich or if you don't associate with the "party boys" you don't play varsity and you surely aren't recognized for your ability. These coaches are being led around by the nose by the "party boys" and what makes it worse is the boys know they are in control. The Carr boy's future is being sacrificed so the "party boys" can be seen on the field. Coach E, if you're afraid of the parents then step down. Winning is more important to some of your players than others and your job is to determine who plays to win and who plays for popularity. Losing isn't fun for some of your players. The party may go on for most of your starting line up but for those who want to win, it's lights out. As for the JV team and their coaching staff, why risk getting one player hurt if you aren't even going to try to win. For the freshman that has the authority to scream curse words at his teammates, you're embarrassing the whole team. Clay County football is a waste of time and money.
Former Coach

London, KY

#130 Oct 9, 2013
The name game isn't a possibility, its a fact. I wasn't at the jv game you are talking about but I can guess will the utmost certainty who the player was. I also don't understand how kids who don't perform are the ones teaching the kids coming thru flag football.
Right on

London, KY

#131 Oct 9, 2013
Your completely right but it doesn't make any difference.
Bobcat

Mount Sterling, KY

#132 Oct 11, 2013
No comment.
Guru

Somerset, KY

#133 Oct 11, 2013
What a game tonight! WOW!
Who Next

London, KY

#134 Oct 11, 2013
What coach would consider taking over this program? Do we have enough kids that "want to play"? Where do we go from here? I cant sleep tonight after seeing those boys at the end to the first quarter, and thinking now how they must feel now. I know that winning isn't everything but losing all the time isn't what it is about either. The sign read at the middle school awhile back "its all about the kids", lets make football all about the kids. Get them someone out there that will instill a winning attitude, and desire to be the best in our boys. Clay County is better than this.
pointing fingers

Mount Vernon, KY

#135 Oct 13, 2013
You all keep whining on topics see if that helps the case any , you know where the problem lays yet you do nothing about it , what just sit and keep putting your kids in a football uniform and send rm out on the field and then come on and whine , its a repeat every time , their spirit is broke , motivation is zero GET A NEW COACHING STAFF CLAY COUNTY for goodness sake and get the best players on the field and quit MAKING DIFFERENCES ! Or keep whining and shut up and lose but whatever , no need trying to tell ya all nothing !
2012Tiger

Brodhead, KY

#136 Oct 15, 2013
I read these comments and I agree with most of what has been stated. The team has some major malfunctions. I have been to some of the home games and I watched the expressions on the teams face. They have lost their spirit and so has the Tiger fans. This team gives up too quickly. The few fans that still attend only do so because their boy is playing or their daughter is cheering. There is no motivation, no hope of winning and it does not seem to matter to the players or coaches. The Tiger pride is gone and until something changes, the losing streak will continue. How in the name of our sweet Lord do you throw a game like Friday night. The score was Clay up 6 to 32 so I marked it as a W for us and left to grab a bite to eat then after driving through the pick up lane at Burger Mc D's, I flipped the radio on and the Tigers wrapped that game in a nice paper, placed a big bow on it and handed it to Breathitt County.I hate to say it but this arrangement ain't going to work. Either some players need to be benched or the coaching staff needs to be shuffled. This season is a great big loss and next season ain't looking promising if things don't change. I returned to the game for the last 4 minutes to see what happen and the few fans seem to have expected the loss. It seems to be the normal result. The players had no emotion what so ever. This team is done and I would like to see the coaching staff end the season with a statement for the clowns who wear the Tiger uniform with no pride. I sincerely believe the coaching staff needs to change order. Let Wayne be head coach and watch the motivation return or clean the slate and bring in another coaching staff. The party boys as some call them get away with their foolishness because the coaching staff don't have the balls to discipline. It was said that last years team was the product of the former coach. What excuse will be given for this team. Same problem last year as this year and same results. One common denominator, the coaching staff and their relaxed way of dealing with the team. Even the commentators don't get excited anymore. Nobody likes losing and if the players are not on the field to win then they need to watch from the sidelines or tune in on their radio from home.
Former Coach

London, KY

#137 Oct 16, 2013
2012 Tiger, you had me until "Let Wayne be head coach". If you were actually a 2012 Tiger you know who runs the team. He is the problem. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't a number of players asked before they hired Roark what they thought? And numerous players replied, "We would be happy with E but if Wayne has to come with him get someone else." Then Wayne and his ego wouldn't step aside and let E have it by himself. Now look at where Wayne has E.
superstar

London, KY

#138 Oct 16, 2013
Heard that a couple of players quit today.
Scout

Brodhead, KY

#139 Oct 16, 2013
Two players quit today, WOW!! Should we call the Lexington Herald for this breaking news? I thought the whole team quit during the first game of the season and to this day, they still have not started again. I won't cry a river because two players who got their cheerios pissed in decided to tuck tail and run. Really? are we to be alarmed because two players quit. After all, we all know that this team has made it their goal to lose. A NFL superstar could not improve this team. Somebody hit the nail on the head in a post made previously. This team is a bunch of whiners who have no pride in their spine. Boo Hoo blame this season on the coaches or anybody else but the players. Throw a pair of panties on them and let them learn ballet or cheerleading. Politics plays the biggest role in the starting lineup. Seriously tho, those guys need a no nonsense coaching staff and a zero tolerance level for the guys that rather be out drinking than winning. Take a look at the fans, attendance is down to little of nothing. A home game has more fans from the opposing team than the Tigers do and that my friends says a lot. There is nothing to get excited over. Throw in the towel, forfeit the remainder games and save yourselves from more embarrassment. The coaching staff is there for the long haul so get use to them and to losing.

Since: Oct 13

London, KY

#140 Oct 17, 2013
First of all, I really don't think the board of education here in clay can afford to cough up the funds that it would cost to forfeit games, second, im new to town with my kid "bear". Hes 13 yrs old, 5,11 and 275 lbs. Hes in the 7th grade. We left Corbin to come here and try to work and play sports for Clay County schools. We left an undefeated, probable state championship team to come here and try to get better. My kid is a good student with a b average in arguably the best educational system in the state(Corbin). His preliminary reports herein clay show him with an A average. Besides this, my kid is a winner, he has a positive attitude no matter what. When I show him these posts, I know that it will make him upset and want to make himself and all the kids around him better. That's the kind of kid he is. We know how hard you have to work and how lucky you have to be to win championships in any sport. Part of winning teams is the support that they get from the parents and the community, and if we have anything to do with it, things around here are gonna change. yeah, everybody loves a winner but you stand behind your kids NO MATTER WHAT!
MaXPreps

Flat Lick, KY

#141 Oct 19, 2013
34 - 0 (loss)
Dean

Toledo, OH

#142 Oct 19, 2013
Wow!!!!
Brashear

London, KY

#143 Oct 19, 2013
If you are showing your kid post on topix what kind of parent are you? By your post you sound like you would fit in good here at Clay, you hype him up to be a legend in the making, that is most of the battle here. If you left Corbin chasing the dream of "bear" becoming a football star here, you are going to be disappointed.
I believe the parents are behind the kids, its the coaches that are in question here. I also believe that the question of can the program be fixed will be addressed and we will have a whole new staff in place by Christmas break.
Sweetie

London, KY

#144 Oct 19, 2013
No danger in them hiring anyone else to coach. We just have to face it. Clay Co. is just not a football school. Let the boys play, and hopefully have some fun.
pointing fingers

London, KY

#145 Oct 20, 2013
Clay County Football Players shouldn't have to be looked at like a losing team because of the Napier's directions under coaching ! Looks like you all are just giving in to the Napier's !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr North Mountain 156,580
Billy joe 3 hr Henson 1
Spurgeon Sizemore (Jan '14) 13 hr Reagel 17
Johnny Holland (Apr '12) 17 hr retspih 24
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 17 hr hot dog 755
Vida blue sizemore Tue zootopia 5
Who was found dead on ham holler? Dec 5 Dont Know 8

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages