2013 Cheer Challenge
asd

Manchester, KY

#83 Jan 21, 2013
the real winners were the ones taking up the money and selling food, they easily made 40,000 plus yesterday, good job to those loaded their pockets cause the kids won't benefit from it
Well well

United States

#85 Jan 21, 2013
After reading all the comments above a few hit it right and a few are way off guard... Every year competition is bought off... Last year hacker should have won and yes this year manchester boys squad deserved to win.. However the rest was all a money racket.. No my child does not attend either school.. I find it hilarious steph wants a winning team but however after all the money age has made for screwing the grade schools over she puts it to use paying her judges in other counties... It was obvious north laurel middle school showed cchs gis up... It was obvious than manchester boys squad showed out high school girls up.. Now who's gonna be cheering 4 years from now only the girls from manchester why cause she has took the rest of the girls pride.. If I had anything to do with it she would have to get out get a job and pay the Florida trip herself.. Why us parents should watch our kids cry because of politics and being cheated so she can shine?? Next is thanks to Letha Byrd and Ralph Hoskins for letting the cat out of the bag about the money for steph.. Again everyone who attended knew ur girls done a good job and done what was capable but the difficultly was not there.. Oneida done better clean moves than u all and difficultly was better.. My opinion by watching all.. Boys should have been manchester burning springs paces creek oneida big creek goose rock and girls should have been burning springs manchester paces creek oneida big creek... Big creek didn't have their hair bows right no cradles to tumbling and was not sharp and no fulls.. Burning springs had it all along with manchester.. Paces creek didn't have it either.. Think bout Oneidas ending it was so much better than big creeks...Again I'm sure next year it will be sad again cause I'm sure more teams will not compete... And eventually she will be ran out of the county
Letha

Pineville, KY

#86 Jan 21, 2013
I have no clue what you talking about money for Steph..So well well before you throwing my name out there you better know what you taking about!!!!
Reecia Samples

Manchester, KY

#87 Jan 21, 2013
I have a grandaughter that goes to Manchester and Stephanie and Donnie....I WANT MY CUT DAMMIT!
Well well well

Brownsville, TN

#89 Jan 21, 2013
I don't think there is a rule on how one wears the hair bows and no Big Creeks were not wrong. They were exactly as we wanted them. Every other team there had theirs the other way by choice and that is just fine. Every other teams cheer was like we are _______ we are __________ we are ____________. We all knew who they were and that was a bit boring. However, I felt all the little girls were winners. These kids are involved in cheer and gymnastics in an area where way too many never get the opportunity to do anything. Adults need not say things to lessen their desire to be in any sports related activity. Thank God they are interested in something.
Well well well

Brownsville, TN

#90 Jan 21, 2013
agree wrote:
<quoted text>At least that would be fair.I think the money raised should go to the grade school's for their uniform's etc.
I agree each elementary school should get a percentage of the monies raised for their cheer programs. Wonder who could get that changed?
Parent

Lexington, KY

#91 Jan 21, 2013
Manchester had a better boy’s squad. This is a larger school, the school district has more children whose parents work for a living then most of the other schools, and therefore they have the funds to make these girls better. They hire people to help them with their stunts and cheers because the parents want them to be the best. Now, I know that there are other schools that have children whose parents work also, but because the schools are smaller, there is a lot less of them and therefore it is harder to come up with the same funding. If you think that I am making this up, then just look at Clay County’s statistics, numbers do not lie.
If you want your squad to be better, do something about it. Are you willing to travel back and forth to take your child to gymnastics? Are you willing to enroll them in summer camps? Are you pushing them and making them practice?
It is not bought, it is not fixed, and it is a true competition. My child did not cheer for Manchester, and I can tell you this, that at our school there are some parents that are putting forth the effort and trying to help our girls become better and they have improved tremendously. Guess what, we are already talking about ways that we can improve and we are willing to put forth the effort to do it. How about you?????
I will admit that I was disheartened that my daughter did not get 1st place, I was even angry. Then when I saw how excited and tickled she was because they got another place, it didn’t matter anymore, because she didn’t care. I understand now, why Manchester Girls got 1st place, but now that our girls have gotten a taste of competition we will work even harder.
As for the Hacker vs. Manchester crap, it is a big deal if your stunts are harder, but if you cannot follow through with them 100% then you should not get credit for difficulty. A basketball player who misses a 3 pointer does not get 1 point for effort.. I don’t really know how all that works, but that is my opinion and only that, it is not the rules…
One more thing, maybe if Clay would do the same thing as Laurel and Knox County, then maybe things would be more peaceful here. Most of the schools do not have grade school sports; they have basketball, football, baseball, cheerleading, etc… leagues. Children of the same age can compete with other children who are the same age. These children can actually learn how to play the sport so that there are more than just 6 or 7 kids at the middle school and high school level who are considered good. Why would any parent want to hold their child back in grade school, just so that they can dominate? I would be ashamed of myself, bragging that my 13 or 14 year old son beat a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds, what a joke. It will be like be bragging that my 10 year old beat my 6 year old running a race. If anything, if you want your child to be better, then you must put them around others who are better, they can learn more. What can they learn by being around younger children? Does anyone know of any children who were held back and received a scholarship to a big name college or even went pro?? They only sport that I know of at the high school level that has always done great would be baseball, because they grew up playing the game with others that were the same age.
People of Clay County need to change and get out of their old ways of doing things. Stop being a joke.
well well

Harrison, AR

#92 Jan 21, 2013
i now see why hacker didnt compete.lol all you people acting stupid.it was wise of the hacker parents keeping their children away from this foolish stuff.
Parent

Manchester, KY

#93 Jan 21, 2013
Now Stepanie, Donnie, and Reecia, I wrote this for you, now I want paid or else I will tell everyone on topix how Stephanie let the high school cheerleaders train Manchester Cheerleaders and let them use their mats all summer long and how Stephanie let Reecia buy the judges off these last three years.
Former Tiger

Mckee, KY

#94 Jan 21, 2013
You ppl are pathetic
mes parent

London, KY

#95 Jan 21, 2013
Parent wrote:
Now Stepanie, Donnie, and Reecia, I wrote this for you, now I want paid or else I will tell everyone on topix how Stephanie let the high school cheerleaders train Manchester Cheerleaders and let them use their mats all summer long and how Stephanie let Reecia buy the judges off these last three years.
mes bought their own mats last year. The parents paid for them.
seriously

Manchester, KY

#97 Jan 21, 2013
workhard wrote:
There is nothing wrong with competition! children need to learn that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose! the problem is the adults crying when they lose and making a scene in front of their children and screaming we got CHEATED! you compete and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose that is a part of life! everybody can't win, but the parents need to take that lose and go home and start over again the next day preparing for the following year! I agree that some of the schools don't have a chance because they are small and can't compete with the bigger schools, but if they don't like their chances then just don't compete! Competition is good it challenges your child to strive and work hard to get ahead, life is not easy and there are no hand outs! work hard to get what you want in life!
It would be different if the winners wasnt already chosen before the stupid thing ever started. I saw some pretty good teams out there. Manchester did not deserve the win. Burning springs and onieda should have won thisyear but this is Manchester and if yourthe underdog then you wont get nowhere i guess its payback for Manchester loosing in the football tournament
Wildcat-fan

Bolivar, MO

#98 Jan 22, 2013
lawyer wrote:
Hacker management,and parent's decided not to let their team compete.It's their choice,and their children.Case closed!!
. Hacker management?? Parents had no choice in the matter we was told by the coach we would not be doing cheer challenge this year.
i know

Gray, KY

#101 Jan 22, 2013
Wildcat-fan wrote:
<quoted text>. Hacker management?? Parents had no choice in the matter we was told by the coach we would not be doing cheer challenge this year.
and you see who won?? might i say more?
lawyer

Winchester, KY

#102 Jan 22, 2013
Wildcat-fan wrote:
<quoted text>. Hacker management?? Parents had no choice in the matter we was told by the coach we would not be doing cheer challenge this year.
I was just going by someone saying different than what you say.
Wildcat-fan

Bolivar, MO

#103 Jan 22, 2013
i know wrote:
<quoted text>and you see who won?? might i say more?
Didn't matter to me who won. I'm proud of all the teams, for having the courage to get out their and perform takes a lot to do that!!! I just wanted to clarify that the hacker PARENTS had no choice of going or not going to cheer challenge, and I do know that for a fact.
Wildcat-fan

Bolivar, MO

#104 Jan 22, 2013
lawyer wrote:
<quoted text>I was just going by someone saying different than what you say.
Well I KNOW because I am a parent of one unless I was left out, now that's possible but not likely.
oh no

Brownsville, TN

#105 Jan 23, 2013
who cares about cheer challenge anyway, everyone loves the other sports....only family of the cheerleaders care about it....
Tiger

London, KY

#106 Jan 23, 2013
oh no wrote:
who cares about cheer challenge anyway, everyone loves the other sports....only family of the cheerleaders care about it....
Yet you bring it right back to the top?
ur so smart

Hazard, KY

#107 Jan 24, 2013
AntiHillbilly wrote:
What do those cheers sound like from Clay County residents? I'll bet it's like this, "Layuts Gao Cayuts!
For those that don't speak hillbilly, sound it out phonetically (I know, big word), it will sound like you're talking in hillbilly.
just because i talk slower and may not pronounce every word correctly doesnt mean i'm not intelligent. your comment made you look like an a$$. it's so typical of a pretentious city slicker like yourself, to judge a whole group of people based on their speech, that shows how "stoopid" you are! anyway, come see us sweetheart!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lovers leap?? 5 hr Truth I Tell 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr another viewer 163,774
Tv show about a artifact rock found in creek 10 hr Chinaman 8
Beverly Sizemore 11 hr pee wee 7
Tiffany Deston Gibson 15 hr Truth I Tell 2
House across from the hospital Tue Bullshipper 4
Manchester mcdonalds (Dec '13) Tue Gin 34

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages