Clay Co, Drug Court..Friend or Foe

Clay Co, Drug Court..Friend or Foe

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
2informthepublic

Manchester, KY

#1 Sep 26, 2009
I don't know how many people in CC understand or know what drug court is. Drug court is a program designed by a group of people, I believe in Prestongsburg to help drug related offenders to get a second chance at life. This program is designed to help them change their lifestyle, thinkig and habits through case management, counseling, employment and support groups. These participants are to go to court in front of a judge every week, get a job, or do community service, attend counseling and report to their case manager at least once a week to check progress. They are also suppose to drug test on a random basis. If this criteria is not met, they are sanctioned, which means more jail time, more community service, more meetings or whatever the "drug court team" comes up with. There are phases, I II III and aftercare, as the person moves up, the obligations become easier, they can also be set back if they do not do as they are suppose to. This program is set to change peoples lives for the better. How many of you think it is run right in Clay? I hope you know or think that it is in no way run the way it was designed. Of course politics are heavily involved, you are suppose to met a certain criteria even to be considered, but not in clay county, if you are "someone" or know someone, you get a get out of jail to drug court card, no questions ask, even if you are not addicted to drugs.Clay county's drug court team consist of Yancy White-He is for the people in the program, he is not there to watch them flounder and wallow and fail, he tries to help them as much as possible. Paul Hays, captain of unite_-he's also for the participants and changing their lives, and is not their judge and wants to see them do good, he is also a great encourager to them. Maurice House-Maurice is just THERE he could care less either way. Dana Caldwell-a guy from Leslie county who flunked out or quit the state police academy because Landry Collett took his woman, he's the supervisor and LOVES to get thise participants in trouble, he goes for days trying to dig up dirt before they are suppose to phase up so they can't.

“Welcome to the Machine.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Sep 26, 2009
2informthepublic wrote:
I don't know how many people in CC understand or know what drug court is. Drug court is a program designed by a group of people, I believe in Prestongsburg to help drug related offenders to get a second chance at life. This program is designed to help them change their lifestyle, thinkig and habits through case management, counseling, employment and support groups. These participants are to go to court in front of a judge every week, get a job, or do community service, attend counseling and report to their case manager at least once a week to check progress. They are also suppose to drug test on a random basis. If this criteria is not met, they are sanctioned, which means more jail time, more community service, more meetings or whatever the "drug court team" comes up with. There are phases, I II III and aftercare, as the person moves up, the obligations become easier, they can also be set back if they do not do as they are suppose to. This program is set to change peoples lives for the better. How many of you think it is run right in Clay? I hope you know or think that it is in no way run the way it was designed. Of course politics are heavily involved, you are suppose to met a certain criteria even to be considered, but not in clay county, if you are "someone" or know someone, you get a get out of jail to drug court card, no questions ask, even if you are not addicted to drugs.Clay county's drug court team consist of Yancy White-He is for the people in the program, he is not there to watch them flounder and wallow and fail, he tries to help them as much as possible. Paul Hays, captain of unite_-he's also for the participants and changing their lives, and is not their judge and wants to see them do good, he is also a great encourager to them. Maurice House-Maurice is just THERE he could care less either way. Dana Caldwell-a guy from Leslie county who flunked out or quit the state police academy because Landry Collett took his woman, he's the supervisor and LOVES to get thise participants in trouble, he goes for days trying to dig up dirt before they are suppose to phase up so they can't.
Sounds like a scam to me, and just maybe unconstitutional. Maybe someone should bring it the ALCU on this.
2informthepublic

Clay City, KY

#3 Sep 26, 2009
If I new how, I would, there is much more to the story but it wouldn't let me post it all. I'm serious here, im not a participant, but i've been around them and i've been in the courthouse and saw this stuff..
citizen

Somerset, KY

#4 Sep 28, 2009
Drug court isn't suppose to be for repeat offenders either, how many times has Marty Wolfe been a participant. I think the tax dollars are being wasted on repeat offenders such as Marty and Willie Jean Roberts Beatty, I think everyone deserves a second chance but repeat offenders need a much more stiffer punishment. If rehab, comunity service and weekly drug testing doesn't teach them anything, throw them in jail for about a year and I bet they come out clean and not so eager to do drugs again.
2informthepublic

Macon, GA

#5 Sep 28, 2009
citizen wrote:
Drug court isn't suppose to be for repeat offenders either, how many times has Marty Wolfe been a participant. I think the tax dollars are being wasted on repeat offenders such as Marty and Willie Jean Roberts Beatty, I think everyone deserves a second chance but repeat offenders need a much more stiffer punishment. If rehab, comunity service and weekly drug testing doesn't teach them anything, throw them in jail for about a year and I bet they come out clean and not so eager to do drugs again.
Its also not suppose to be for people who have had vilonet charges in the past either, but this is clay county. You wouldn't believe how many people are in there that are not addicts, and THATS who it's suppose to be for, its a mess and a disgrace to this county
2informthepublic

Macon, GA

#6 Sep 28, 2009
I'd like to let you know more about this so called good program. These participants are suppose to get iencentives when they phase up, like gas cards, gifts, money, free coupons to local places around town, but they do not. The drug court is also suppose to have a steering commitee (which they do not) to help them with financial matters. They are suppose to have money for participants to have the utilities hooked up on a first time basis, which they do not help them to. Dana Caldwell put a stop to all that, he says if they get themselves in trouble then let them get out. Summer pennington a state troopers wife and new case manager can't do anything on her on, she has to look for dana therefore her client dont have a chance. Heather-crokett-traugott is something, who knows what but loves to run the show, she has her favorites (matt welsh for one) who can do anything and everything and still not get in trouble. Judge House of course is on the team, but he just does what everyone wants and never takes a stand, you've got Ken Bolin who fights for those who'll come to his church, screw the rest, and doc allen who calls them convicts criminals and says she never speaks to them because she dont want to be seen talking to a criminal..bet they dont want to be seen talking to her. there's much more to this story. if anyone knows how to bring this down..let me know, because calling frankfort is a waste of time.

“Welcome to the Machine.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#7 Sep 28, 2009
2informthepublic wrote:
I'd like to let you know more about this so called good program. These participants are suppose to get iencentives when they phase up, like gas cards, gifts, money, free coupons to local places around town, but they do not. The drug court is also suppose to have a steering commitee (which they do not) to help them with financial matters. They are suppose to have money for participants to have the utilities hooked up on a first time basis, which they do not help them to. Dana Caldwell put a stop to all that, he says if they get themselves in trouble then let them get out. Summer pennington a state troopers wife and new case manager can't do anything on her on, she has to look for dana therefore her client dont have a chance. Heather-crokett-traugott is something, who knows what but loves to run the show, she has her favorites (matt welsh for one) who can do anything and everything and still not get in trouble. Judge House of course is on the team, but he just does what everyone wants and never takes a stand, you've got Ken Bolin who fights for those who'll come to his church, screw the rest, and doc allen who calls them convicts criminals and says she never speaks to them because she dont want to be seen talking to a criminal..bet they dont want to be seen talking to her. there's much more to this story. if anyone knows how to bring this down..let me know, because calling frankfort is a waste of time.
Try the Lexington hurl, they seem to love to bash this part of the state whenever possible.
DRAG QUEEN

Kennett, MO

#8 Sep 28, 2009
wellllll" somebodys got pissed lmao
asking

Bolivar, MO

#9 Sep 28, 2009
2informthepublic wrote:
I'd like to let you know more about this so called good program. These participants are suppose to get iencentives when they phase up, like gas cards, gifts, money, free coupons to local places around town, but they do not. The drug court is also suppose to have a steering commitee (which they do not) to help them with financial matters. They are suppose to have money for participants to have the utilities hooked up on a first time basis, which they do not help them to. Dana Caldwell put a stop to all that, he says if they get themselves in trouble then let them get out. Summer pennington a state troopers wife and new case manager can't do anything on her on, she has to look for dana therefore her client dont have a chance. Heather-crokett-traugott is something, who knows what but loves to run the show, she has her favorites (matt welsh for one) who can do anything and everything and still not get in trouble. Judge House of course is on the team, but he just does what everyone wants and never takes a stand, you've got Ken Bolin who fights for those who'll come to his church, screw the rest, and doc allen who calls them convicts criminals and says she never speaks to them because she dont want to be seen talking to a criminal..bet they dont want to be seen talking to her. there's much more to this story. if anyone knows how to bring this down..let me know, because calling frankfort is a waste of time.
who is doc allen? and how is she involved? i know 5 or 6 people that went through drug court, graduated [as they call it], and all are either back doing drugs or dealing drugs. where is the good in it? what does it accomplish? just another way for the click to get more tax payers money. give me proof,and i will tell you how to get this investigated, i honestly do not believe it works at all.
Snoty nosed bastard

Kennett, MO

#10 Sep 28, 2009
well umm it doesnt work if the perticipants dont want to quit useing their drugs it dont matter what ya do if one dont wanna stop using they arnt goin to stop if you put em in prison they wont stop till they want to and drug court gives them that 2yrs to stay out till theyfk up again and like u said mostthat i have saw does and has messed up but thats theyr choice isnt it and even tho it doesnt help or not i aslo think its a bunch of shit i woulnt sign up for it if i had to i dont think damthat place and from the readings of this thread dam on the ones makeing it hell to complete its easy to get paid and be a bigshot but how many would want to try the game? NOT ME

“Welcome to the Machine.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#11 Sep 28, 2009
Snoty nosed bastard wrote:
well umm it doesnt work if the perticipants dont want to quit useing their drugs it dont matter what ya do if one dont wanna stop using they arnt goin to stop if you put em in prison they wont stop till they want to and drug court gives them that 2yrs to stay out till theyfk up again and like u said mostthat i have saw does and has messed up but thats theyr choice isnt it and even tho it doesnt help or not i aslo think its a bunch of shit i woulnt sign up for it if i had to i dont think damthat place and from the readings of this thread dam on the ones makeing it hell to complete its easy to get paid and be a bigshot but how many would want to try the game? NOT ME
See that's the whole thing. These programs don't work, have never worked and never will work. Either the majority of the users are unable to stop using or are unwilling. Either case they are going to continue.

A definition of insanity is to repeat the same process over and over and keep expecting a different outcome.
How long is the citizenry going to allow these hucksters kick this dead horse?
my opinion

Manchester, KY

#12 Sep 28, 2009
drug is a good program that alot of people on the streets do not understand. they go by what they here from the participants that have messed up. and in my personal opinion this post was started by someone that is a formal commitee member or worker or someone that is now or has been in drug court that messed up and want someone else to blame there problems on. why dont you talk to some of the people that are in drug court that the program has actually helped..the people that really want the help....the problem with this county is that when there is a program to help people that some people in the county are out to bash it....why not do some research for your self instead of listening to someone that is just on here venting.....and as for the committee and workers i know them and you have one or to of them wrong...mrs. allen is a wonderful person and i have never known her to turn her nose up to anyone.
sbf

Anderson, SC

#13 Sep 28, 2009
I find it sickening when drug court graduations are featured on the local news, as well as in the newspapers. I dont think completing this program is cause for celebration.
Been there

Greenbrier, AR

#14 Sep 29, 2009
It is something to be proud of I'd like to see 80% of this county try to complete this program more than half would fail this I know i was a participate and yes I completed it with no dirty drug tests or any sacations and now I'm going on my 5th year being clean and sober drug court can be helpful if you want it.
2informthepublic

Clay City, KY

#15 Sep 30, 2009
asking wrote:
<quoted text>who is doc allen? and how is she involved? i know 5 or 6 people that went through drug court, graduated [as they call it], and all are either back doing drugs or dealing drugs. where is the good in it? what does it accomplish? just another way for the click to get more tax payers money. give me proof,and i will tell you how to get this investigated, i honestly do not believe it works at all.
What proof do you need/want. Doc Allen is a lawyer and she sits on the drug court team. And most of the post I've read are right, its all about the money.
CitizenX

Somerset, KY

#16 Sep 30, 2009
If the drug court is working, why do we see the same people in there time after time. Those caught using drugs are forced to participate, they aren't trying to change. As soon as they graduate they're back using. Drug court is another waste of tax dollars and another joke on Clay County. If they're caught using or in posession of illegal drugs, stick their hind ins in jail and they will not be so eager to use again. Think about it, suppose one of these drug court participants are turned loose while participating and uses anyway, gets on our public roads drugged up and kills some innocent person.You do not have the right to endanger other people by letting these drug heads be free to roam the streets.
Snoty nosed bastard

Kennett, MO

#17 Sep 30, 2009
CitizenX wrote:
If the drug court is working, why do we see the same people in there time after time. Those caught using drugs are forced to participate, they aren't trying to change. As soon as they graduate they're back using. Drug court is another waste of tax dollars and another joke on Clay County. If they're caught using or in posession of illegal drugs, stick their hind ins in jail and they will not be so eager to use again. Think about it, suppose one of these drug court participants are turned loose while participating and uses anyway, gets on our public roads drugged up and kills some innocent person.You do not have the right to endanger other people by letting these drug heads be free to roam the streets.
ya gotta think is it only the people thats in drugcourt thats used drugs or that IS currently useing? HELL TO DA NO!i mean heck you prolly take meds in some way or another you may get em from a dr and thats good for you IF YOU NEEDEM but ev3n if you drive on prescribed meds and hit someone or not if you drive on em your UNDER THE INFLUENC of drugs so thank about it almost i say ALMOSt erybidy is useing in some way other but the drugcourt is a taxdollars waste no matter howb you be lookins at it
take a bite out of crime

Williston, SC

#18 Oct 1, 2009
"wah wah sounds like somebody failed another drug test.ever heard of REHAB!!!! its not the drug courts fault you cant stick to the program ,sounds like Dana Caldwell and the leslie,clay and jackson county drug courts do things buy the book...keep up the good work...
IFUTHINK

Macon, GA

#19 Oct 2, 2009
take a bite out of crime wrote:
"wah wah sounds like somebody failed another drug test.ever heard of REHAB!!!! its not the drug courts fault you cant stick to the program ,sounds like Dana Caldwell and the leslie,clay and jackson county drug courts do things buy the book...keep up the good work...
If you think for one minute that dana caldwell does stuff by the book you are crazy and dont have a clue what your talking about. Thats all I can say you dont know what your saying, but it will all come out in the wash
snoty nosed bastard

Corbin, KY

#20 Oct 4, 2009
slow your rol people i think they DO care sometimes and y ya talk about dana he stays in leslieco from what i hear and that little summer girl is just a sweetheart that actually has a heart bigger than texas from what i hear and you people is doggin the heather lady when shes only the assesment lady that dont bother anyone and shes not even involved with you people because i was told you all answer to summer or dana and the judge and team but if you wanna go and talk with heather she is much ablide to help you and talk with you so people say all ya wanna say im gone til nxt time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min LMS 148,451
Salt Works Festival 8 hr Tabitha 1
Greenbriar 12 hr Concerned 2
chelsey crail is awesome (Jan '10) 18 hr Just like it is 8
Ray and Connie Martin 18 hr Puckett 9
coal hollower (Apr '13) 18 hr ice 5
red head amber Sun swimmer 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages