Have you noticed..... just an observa...

Have you noticed..... just an observation.......

Posted in the Manchester Forum

Stan

Hazard, KY

#1 May 21, 2013
Just an observation that I have noticed about topix posts; it appears that most of the commentary is negative, vulgar, or plain out right false.

When someone posts an interesting message about something positive going on in the community, something good that might need to happen, or some idea that might help our community there is no shortage of negative feedback and rude posts.

When someone tries to share a positive message about the many good things that are happening or need to happen, someone always has to bash, spread falsehoods, or slander someone specifically by name.

People have feelings, kids matter, and yes, being positive is good thing!

Have you noticed all the great accomplishments academically and athletically by our local students, have you noticed the many achievements by our adult learners who have earned academic honors and excellent college credentials, have you noticed the grassroots organizations such as Stay in Clay, Clay Cancer Coalition, Child Autism Awareness, etc.

Please take a moment to appreciate the good things we have in our community, and think for a moment about other communities that are less fortunate and do not have four groceries, several food venues, several retail pharmacies, a chain hotel, and wal-mart.

Can we do better, should we want to do even more to grow and develop? Yes, but we must stop the negative, name calling, slanderous ways that prevent good fine people from wanting to become involved and working to improve our community.

Together, we can do better!!
funny

London, KY

#2 May 21, 2013
Just my observation but this Stan sure the heck sounds like a want a be politician. Heck every community has some good and some bad things, that's just the way life is. You can set all day post all the negative or positive things one likes but it comes down to people either they want better things or they could careless, around here to many satisfied with way things are. Like it has been posted so many times before, clay counties location hurts it more then anything. If and I do mean if they was a larger highway, better rail system , small airport or a water way closer then clay county could grow. The way things are now no large business that would mean growth will come here, and what small business do exist, you have to many other better suited small communities out their for clay to contend with. Sorry but that is just the cold hard facts, America slow growth with the politician we have in office is limiting any kind of growth other then large companies and even those are declining.
LOL

East Bernstadt, KY

#3 May 21, 2013
You got that right. I started one about Tombstone Junction and how much I liked going there when I was young and I never got one comment on it. I have also noticed that Manchester Topix's is busier than most of the other town topixs and like you said it's mostly all bad comments on here. Oh yea you might as well look for some one to make a bad comment on what you wrote because some one will find some thing wrong with it.
here ya go

London, KY

#4 May 21, 2013
Here is your bad comment. It is a shame that some people can only think of positive things to say when it is so much more fun to be negative and use obscene language and gossip about things that you know nothing about....the nerve of some people trying to push their positive outlook on people who enjoy putting others down! Is this what Topix is coming too? If so then I will find another place to spew my lies and encourage others to follow suit!
Stan

Manchester, KY

#5 May 21, 2013
That is an execellent idea; we need to work together to promote the heritage, tourist, and ecotourism opportunities that exist.

We don't have a significant hwy system that should be proclaimed as the "Gateway to the Mountains", our local leaders MUST work together city, county, and state to move projects from ideas to fruition.

A closed rail dinner train circuit, a zip line with atv trails and campgrounds, a large lake with tournament quality fishing and boat races with beach area for family recreation, agribusiness to include cedar farms and vineyards, etc.

We can do better, but it requires leadership and working together. It requires that we hold officials accountable for every election cycle. Vote them in if they do what they say and have ideas and a vision, and vote them out if they fail to deliver on progress or can't get along with others and have no vision for a better community.
LOL wrote:
You got that right. I started one about Tombstone Junction and how much I liked going there when I was young and I never got one comment on it. I have also noticed that Manchester Topix's is busier than most of the other town topixs and like you said it's mostly all bad comments on here. Oh yea you might as well look for some one to make a bad comment on what you wrote because some one will find some thing wrong with it.
Stan

Manchester, KY

#6 May 21, 2013
We do have the parkway that can bring visitors into the area! It needs to be 4 lane from London to Hazard. Pardon the previous typo.
tommy

London, KY

#7 May 21, 2013
i vote for ya stan
Graham Wellington

Anonymous Proxy

#8 May 22, 2013
Good luck making Clay County an attractive place.

The first thing you need to do is get rid of all the hillbillies. That's the source of your problem. I don't want to go anywhere near people or places that look like they came straight from the movie "Deliverance". Then clean up your town, so visitors don't see broken down buildings and mobile homes with trash strewn about. Nothing makes my skin crawl than looking at some of the places around the county. How do you people live like that? Yuck.

Tourists want to get away to nice places and leave their troubles behind. They don't want to go to a third world country and see poverty, despair, and ignorance all around. Did you ever notice the first thing that resorts do in foreign countries? The build a wall around it and keep the locals as far away as possible. That's what you have to do in Clay County.
bbqking

London, KY

#9 May 22, 2013
Stan wrote:
Just an observation that I have noticed about topix posts; it appears that most of the commentary is negative, vulgar, or plain out right false.
When someone posts an interesting message about something positive going on in the community, something good that might need to happen, or some idea that might help our community there is no shortage of negative feedback and rude posts.
When someone tries to share a positive message about the many good things that are happening or need to happen, someone always has to bash, spread falsehoods, or slander someone specifically by name.
Have you noticed all the great accomplishments academically and athletically by our local students, have you noticed the many achievements by our adult learners who have earned academic honors and excellent college credentials, have you noticed the grassroots organizations such as Stay in Clay, Clay Cancer Coalition, Child Autism Awareness, etc.
Please take a moment to appreciate the good things we have in our community, and think for a moment about other communities that are less fortunate and do not have four groceries, several food venues, several retail pharmacies, a chain hotel, and wal-mart.
Can we do better, should we want to do even more to grow and develop? Yes, but we must stop the negative, name calling, slanderous ways that prevent good fine people from wanting to become involved and working to improve our community.
You're kidding, right? What rock have you been living under the past 5 years. Topix is ALWAYS littered with trash. Nothing is ever positive on here. You're lucky if you can read an entire thread that uses correct grammar and spelling.

And, stop insulting the cynics on here with your Reading Rainbow style positive vibes.
Ummm

Williamsburg, KY

#11 May 22, 2013
Stan wrote:
Nope, don't believe I have?
Stan

Busy, KY

#12 May 22, 2013
Go figure. Point made. Neeless to say there is one in every crowd (and post).
Dopey

London, KY

#13 May 27, 2013
Remember folks you can put lipstick on a pig and its still a pig.
This place may look like pig shit, but it has some of the best people you will ever meet. Also as far as I'm concerned if you don't like our little hillbilly town then quit coming here to buy your booze you bunch of drunks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
messer=lice heads 1 min tolman 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min God Bless 142,335
Child support for wemon. 3 hr Dad 1
Eva Davis aka tinsey or leea 3 hr Yeo 22
Eva Davis (Jan '13) 3 hr Yeo 5
looking for some love.. 3 hr Yeo 16
Social Security disability program benefit cut... 5 hr title 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages