alittlefyi

London, KY

#109 Jul 23, 2013
Judge Danny Reeves recused on Tuesday. The case has officially been transferred to Chief District Judge Karen K. Caldwell in Lexington. She will now decide if these men are released on bail, or simply returned to the Franklin or Laurel County Detention Center(s). Chief Judge Caldwell will preside over ALL future proceedings.
awake in hector

Atlanta, GA

#110 Jul 24, 2013
Why are they deciding on releasing these people?? Is it time for their parole hearings .. or was it something new come out since the trial??
Hopefully

Louisville, KY

#111 Jul 24, 2013
Hopefully they are all out of money and none of them can post bond!
whoknows

Flat Lick, KY

#113 Jul 24, 2013
senior wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet Whitey Bulger, the Boston mob boss charged with racketeering and 19 murders won't more time than Maricle. The sentences were excessive in the Clay 8 case.
Ray "White" Bulger, haha

Killed a bunch of rival mobsters and some crooked FBI agents. Should have given him a medal.
fcol

Flat Lick, KY

#114 Jul 24, 2013
hatesbackbiters wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Darnell and Paul get rich? Don't know where you got your info, but they had court appointed attorneys and basically live the same as always.. These guys was not the educated mob bosses they was made out to be. Lets get real much smaller fish then your head honchos. They served what the judge gave them and honestly why do they deserve more? Answer this does crime fit punishment? Lets get real, I know of a murderer receiving less time then these guys and lets not forget the murder or rape cases that get little to no time especially if the crime is done in this state. You may dislike these people , but put that aside and really think about why we tax payers should have to pay the taxes to support old men and some sick while in prison, it's foolish! If your gonna push for longer prison terms on cases such as this foolishness then taxes will keep going up, prisons and jails are way to full as it is.
Who's talking about Darnell?

Haha, afraid it might cut into your SSI?
lonely

Manchester, KY

#115 Jul 24, 2013
i bet clay co people really respect those idiots lol
Wonder

Liberty, KY

#116 Jul 24, 2013
The Sixth Circuit ruled a large portion of the government testimony inadmissible, the lead FBI agent died, and now the judge is gone. Stay tuned, its going to get interesting.
weezy

London, KY

#117 Jul 25, 2013
I agree wonder. It sure is going to be awfully interesting to see how this turns out
Wonder

Liberty, KY

#118 Jul 25, 2013
Weezy, don't think they will go out in the same way and place as goodman.
Wonder

Middlesboro, KY

#119 Jul 25, 2013
Let them all go, they are not guilty. Only thing they are guilty of is sodomy. Ha Ha Ha
Joke

Heidrick, KY

#120 Jul 25, 2013
Joke
I think

Louisville, KY

#127 Jul 29, 2013
Oct. 28th starts the new trial! I think 6 will walk and the other two will go back. You know who they are.
Doubt

Manchester, KY

#128 Jul 29, 2013
With all the parties, issues and attorneys involved, doubt it will be tried that quickly.
wait

Mount Vernon, KY

#129 Jul 29, 2013
Don't see a trial taking place. They will settle with time served.
tells

Mount Vernon, KY

#130 Jul 29, 2013
free I hope
Just Heard

London, KY

#131 Jul 29, 2013
wait wrote:
Don't see a trial taking place. They will settle with time served.
Just heard there is going to be another trial in October for the Clay 8 and that don't sound good. If the Feds are going to spend all that money for another trial then they must have more infofrmation to use to prosceute them with but I sure hope that's not the case. They have served way too much time already and need to come home to their friends and families !!!!
spend the time

United States

#132 Jul 31, 2013
I am going to use my freedom of speech without naming individual names. I took time out of my schedule to go vote,(and yes I work).
While I raced around my schedule to make the time to cast my vote, I should have not wasted my time and listened to my gut telling me that it was already determined who the winners were.
A judge has lots of power and when they abuse that power then they should be given the max of time.
How can some on here feel sorry for people that stole your vote and think that they have served their time? No, enough time has not been served yet.
Citizen

Harrison, AR

#133 Jul 31, 2013
There is a day of judgement that will make this verdict look like a cake walk. You better get your sins covered by the blood. Many are still walking in Clay Co that should be behind bars. Your day will come.
Reader

London, KY

#134 Jul 31, 2013
I think wrote:
Oct. 28th starts the new trial! I think 6 will walk and the other two will go back. You know who they are.
You must be on the inside track. The Lex. herald Leader just reported 6 may be released on bond and 2 held ( Doug Adams and William Stivers).. Read the article
Just a thought

Danville, KY

#135 Aug 1, 2013
I've heard it said if the FBI takes the time and manpower to investigate and then to arrest...walking isn't in the future for those that were investigated....they may be delayed....but when the FBI arrests .... the convictions usually stick...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 55 min ChromiuMan 168,902
Elect Patrick robinson sheriff 2018 2 hr LaLa 9
Bible questions 6 hr coalminer 13
Ashley and Billy joe 16 hr Yulp 8
Why does a jailer have a county vehicle? 17 hr True 2
trying to slander nancy link (Sep '14) 20 hr Karmasabitch 11
pamela & chuck henson (May '10) 21 hr Curious22 35

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages