hatesbackbiters

Mount Vernon, KY

#83 Jul 20, 2013
just an american wrote:
It is sad reading some of the comments made on here. Some justify crooks by saying it happens everywhere, other say it never happened and others say they done served their time. All I know is it seems this whole country has lost it morals, honesty and shame. To so many nothing anyone does is wrong because others do it, while others say well it does not affect me so why should I care and last there are those who look for favors in response for their supporting crooks. All you can get mad spit out foolish lines but fact is, look in a mirror and you will see why the world has so many problems, people just don't care for anything anymore.
Nobody is saying anyone of these guys is angels, but Reeves and many of the convicts that gave testimony was liars and had reason to make sure these guys was put away. Guilty of vote fraud sure, but the other charges was added on to threaten them. If you was not there and don't have the true facts then your just flapping your jaws. They did time and so have the families. You have no idea if your not either one. I'm praying for all involved and I hope they get to come home soon!
See the light

London, KY

#84 Jul 20, 2013
just an american wrote:
It is sad reading some of the comments made on here. Some justify crooks by saying it happens everywhere, other say it never happened and others say they done served their time. All I know is it seems this whole country has lost it morals, honesty and shame. To so many nothing anyone does is wrong because others do it, while others say well it does not affect me so why should I care and last there are those who look for favors in response for their supporting crooks. All you can get mad spit out foolish lines but fact is, look in a mirror and you will see why the world has so many problems, people just don't care for anything anymore.
I agree with you, this country has lost its morals, honesty & shame. But, as I said, it is a SAD TRUTH, it goes on from Washington DC on down to the small towns. However, that does not make it right. All I am saying is, if the US Government wants to clean house, they need to start in their own back yard. None of these 8 people deserve 25 years for Vote Fraud. Two wrongs don't make a right. There was a hidden agenda in this case from the start.
just an american

Vicco, KY

#85 Jul 20, 2013
We got no one but ourselves for all the corruption that goes on. We set back let crooks sweet talk, rig elections, promise people things and either not open our mouths or just don't vote. As a old person that has lived here all my life I can never remember one single election that was not influenced either by school board, county judge or some other politician. I guess to so many it was normal, they could get favors done, get dibs on fed money that was granted. Only a dead person would not see this, or someone blinded by greed, lust or just plain ignorance. As for the 8 getting appeals, that's our court system for good or bad it best system on earth. Now all you either praising or belittling the 8 should thank God you live in a country where you can say what you feel, but it is so sad how we as a people have lost our dignity, morals and our honesty. We so quick to defend people that we like or get favors from, turn our backs deny or just plain don't care when old people, children and the helpless are mistreated. When unburned are killed before they even get a chance to see or better this world. We call our selfs humans but God help us at times we are worse then animals, just look around you people and deny that.
IMO

Flat Lick, KY

#86 Jul 20, 2013
See the light wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, this country has lost its morals, honesty & shame. But, as I said, it is a SAD TRUTH, it goes on from Washington DC on down to the small towns. However, that does not make it right. All I am saying is, if the US Government wants to clean house, they need to start in their own back yard. None of these 8 people deserve 25 years for Vote Fraud. Two wrongs don't make a right. There was a hidden agenda in this case from the start.
These were not simply politicians who held some petty elected office; they were our senior circuit judge, our court clerk who oversees the fairness of our elections and the supervisor of our school district, one of the largest employers in the county.

Their crimes went far beyond vote fraud and the sentences they received were more than lenient.
BBN

Mount Vernon, KY

#87 Jul 20, 2013
IMO wrote:
<quoted text>These were not simply politicians who held some petty elected office; they were our senior circuit judge, our court clerk who oversees the fairness of our elections and the supervisor of our school district, one of the largest employers in the county.

Their crimes went far beyond vote fraud and the sentences they received were more than lenient.
Vote fraud is a way of life in the US from magistrate to presidential races. Wake up America
flitter

Somerset, KY

#88 Jul 21, 2013
BBN

Somerset, KY
You are correct. That was evident when all those homeless black people were driven to the polls so they could vote for obama. People that had never voted and had to be registered. The only problem is lots of them did not have a home address so how did they get registered to vote? That stuff was all over the news when it happened.
senior

Somerset, KY

#91 Jul 21, 2013
IMO wrote:
<quoted text>
These were not simply politicians who held some petty elected office; they were our senior circuit judge, our court clerk who oversees the fairness of our elections and the supervisor of our school district, one of the largest employers in the county.
Bet Whitey Bulger, the Boston mob boss charged with racketeering and 19 murders won't more time than Maricle. The sentences were excessive in the Clay 8 case.
Wondering

Lexington, KY

#93 Jul 21, 2013
senior wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet Whitey Bulger, the Boston mob boss charged with racketeering and 19 murders won't more time than Maricle. The sentences were excessive in the Clay 8 case.
In a way I agree with you and in a way I disagree. The time they got was a lot, but if we are not going to have fair and honest elections, then we might as well to just put the candidates to the highest bidder and the ones willing to pay the most get the office.
I haven't read the court's opinion but according to the Lex Leader, vote buying qualifies for RICO charges and that means it carries BIG time in prison.
Angel

Somerset, KY

#94 Jul 21, 2013
What about the ones that already served their time,they should be given something for serving out their time,like loss wages,time away from family. The only one I know of is Darnell Hipsher he did his time.
speaker

Flat Lick, KY

#95 Jul 22, 2013
This aint even cose to being over folks, to do this trial all over again is just another day at work for the feds if that happens look for the possibility of other players to become involved, it may go from the Clay 8 to the Clay 12.

Or

The feds may offer the accused some type of plea deal that'll equate to time served and fines already paid, it will not amount to the government giving stuff back and reimbursements to the charged. One must remember the depth of the federal governments pockets is infinite X infinite.

I do think the guys have been in lock up long enough and they've paid their due to society I do believe they were guilty of buying votes on a homogenous scale and they were citizens in prominent positions that should have known better.

It's time for this to be over, let them go.
Satan

Somerset, KY

#96 Jul 22, 2013
They have not served near enough time for what they have done..and 2 of them will never pay back to this community what they have took,and the people they have destroyed..HAVE A NICE DAY..
greenbriar con

Chicago, IL

#97 Jul 22, 2013
Satan wrote:
They have not served near enough time for what they have done..and 2 of them will never pay back to this community what they have took,and the people they have destroyed..HAVE A NICE DAY..
I agree 100% look at the lives these men have destroyed by the power they served. Clet held a spot in office that he had too much control. He would allow this one out of jail while holding this other one because he pals and heros asked him to. He would dangle things and situations over peoples heads. I know for a fact in the 80's he had his hand in cocaine trades and distribution in Clay Co. Saw that with my own eyes. He was later putting people in jail for the same things he had done. I do believe when someone is in prison it is harder on the family, than the people on the inside. You all have to also understand. These men are in Federal prison , which by the way is a cake walk compared to State prison. These men including Paul and Darnell have not spent enough time and they are just as rich today as they was before. If they was not they could not afford the legal teams they have and could not afford to post the bails they going to have to come up with. All of you need to stop kissing ass ti these families now. Theses families are no longer in power until we get them back out and allow them ti take back over.Now thank you and have a nice day!
Voters

Chicago, IL

#99 Jul 22, 2013
You must be one of many that sold their votes for a mesley $20 dollar bill and thinking your cool and you was a winner by taking money for your vote well sir your vote is a privilege, your personal choice to not be persuaded by anyone and you are a dumb ass by saying that vote buying is a way in the united states of america , you have just been spoiled over the years by excepting cash for your vote of a small because it's the way they've trained you and the people-for years. In clay co i know how it works on election day is to find out who has the money and you find him take $20 and they tell you who to vote for, it's been the way in clay co for a longtime, that's one of the only rights you can control. Well your a weak individual to sale your vote. But if you don't give a shit and use the money for not much but it's worth a lot more than $20 ol well I'm done here wasting my time
greenbriar con

Chicago, IL

#100 Jul 22, 2013
Voters wrote:
You must be one of many that sold their votes for a mesley $20 dollar bill and thinking your cool and you was a winner by taking money for your vote well sir your vote is a privilege, your personal choice to not be persuaded by anyone and you are a dumb ass by saying that vote buying is a way in the united states of america , you have just been spoiled over the years by excepting cash for your vote of a small because it's the way they've trained you and the people-for years. In clay co i know how it works on election day is to find out who has the money and you find him take $20 and they tell you who to vote for, it's been the way in clay co for a longtime, that's one of the only rights you can control. Well your a weak individual to sale your vote. But if you don't give a shit and use the money for not much but it's worth a lot more than $20 ol well I'm done here wasting my time
I have never sold a vote. I am retired from the navy and have never even thought of such a thing. You are very uneducated.
clay 8 fan

Shelbyville, IN

#101 Jul 22, 2013
KDog Rides wrote:
TellAll are should i say Mary Betty are you stupid they dont have respect they are crooks and all ways have been . The only people that want them back are family are someone who got something from them being in control.They need to do there time cletus always said do the crime do the time well live by your words old man.My self i hope they rot in there .
sorry bout your luck!! ha! ha! cause they be comin home.
Bond

Liberty, KY

#102 Jul 23, 2013
The Lexington Herald reported this morning that the Clay 8 have filed motions for bond and the US Attorney's office has not objected.
local

Manchester, KY

#105 Jul 23, 2013
Will they get their assets that were seized back
Yes

Liberty, KY

#106 Jul 23, 2013
local wrote:
Will they get their assets that were seized back
Yes, in fact, the opinion reversing their convictions overturned the seizure and forfeiture. Apparently, the US Attorney's office conceded the forfeiture was improperly secured. Big win for the Clay 8.
Judge Dredd

London, KY

#107 Jul 23, 2013
neither one of them is worth the price of a bullet it would cost to rid the earth of those sorry sob's
hatesbackbiters

Barbourville, KY

#108 Jul 23, 2013
greenbriar con wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100% look at the lives these men have destroyed by the power they served. Clet held a spot in office that he had too much control. He would allow this one out of jail while holding this other one because he pals and heros asked him to. He would dangle things and situations over peoples heads. I know for a fact in the 80's he had his hand in cocaine trades and distribution in Clay Co. Saw that with my own eyes. He was later putting people in jail for the same things he had done. I do believe when someone is in prison it is harder on the family, than the people on the inside. You all have to also understand. These men are in Federal prison , which by the way is a cake walk compared to State prison. These men including Paul and Darnell have not spent enough time and they are just as rich today as they was before. If they was not they could not afford the legal teams they have and could not afford to post the bails they going to have to come up with. All of you need to stop kissing ass ti these families now. Theses families are no longer in power until we get them back out and allow them ti take back over.Now thank you and have a nice day!
When did Darnell and Paul get rich? Don't know where you got your info, but they had court appointed attorneys and basically live the same as always.. These guys was not the educated mob bosses they was made out to be. Lets get real much smaller fish then your head honchos. They served what the judge gave them and honestly why do they deserve more? Answer this does crime fit punishment? Lets get real, I know of a murderer receiving less time then these guys and lets not forget the murder or rape cases that get little to no time especially if the crime is done in this state. You may dislike these people , but put that aside and really think about why we tax payers should have to pay the taxes to support old men and some sick while in prison, it's foolish! If your gonna push for longer prison terms on cases such as this foolishness then taxes will keep going up, prisons and jails are way to full as it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Patriot 153,749
McDonald's 6 hr Former customer 8
Melissa Bundy 8 hr curious 14
meth 10 hr I know 21
Jessica Bowling 13 hr curious 2
Drugs east manchester 13 hr wondering 35
Jennifer Burkhart (Jenny) (Jul '12) 13 hr Concerned 2

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages