just an american

Vicco, KY

#63 Jul 19, 2013
After reading so many of the response to this topic, does anyone think clay county will ever change. It does not matter how big a crook, how much you cheated people, how much they keep clay county down seems the majority of clay countians close there eyes and say oh they done enough time or they were wrongly treated. The old saying goes your community is only as good as its residents, well no wonder clay county is the dump, made fun of place it is. Now all you that see nothing wrong with cheating, lying, swindling, and corruption keep on defending people just because they do you a favor now and then and see how other people make fun and downgrade clay county.
someone

Manchester, KY

#64 Jul 19, 2013
people, it doesn't even matter anymore whether or not they should or should not be in prision. the fact is, they have pulled their time. everyone is so quick to judge these guys just because of who they are you form a image of them as being TERRIBLE people, when they're not! they sold a few votes, yes they were convicted of that, they've been in prison for almost 4 years, that's enough time to serve for selling some votes. they never murdered nobody, they never killed a dozen people, they sold some votes! it was wrong, but they've served their time for that and they should come back to their families. stop "profiling" these people as being bottom of the barrell criminals, because they are not. they are intelligent men, who served the community, made a few bad decisions, paid for them by serving their time, now they should be free.
Hmmm

Flat Lick, KY

#65 Jul 19, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously know little about the Turner dynasty and their control over Breathitt county for the last century. One election, my rump.
I wasn't debating that, only the content of the court record. You can believe anything you want.
Hmmm

Flat Lick, KY

#66 Jul 19, 2013
See the light wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know nothing about the Clay 8 Trial. None of these people had a criminal agenda, it was the convicted criminal's that testified against them that had the agenda. The Clay 8 should have been a simple vote buying case, but, due to hidden agenda's of certain un-named people, and an agent with his own agenda, this case was turned into way more. However, the US Court of Appeals has render their opinion on cumulative error (meaning there were so many error's made by the District court, that these 8 people DID NOT get a fair trial)
I could have been the one who recorded their meetings. Not everything was entered into evidence during the original trial.
Hmmm

Flat Lick, KY

#67 Jul 19, 2013
Wondernomore wrote:
<quoted text>Those who say the 8 were guilty, are obviously related to Whites are ignorance really is bliss
Nonsense.

You can't possibly know Doug Adams and not realize the original verdict was absolutely correct.
Hmmm

Flat Lick, KY

#68 Jul 19, 2013
someone wrote:
people, it doesn't even matter anymore whether or not they should or should not be in prision. the fact is, they have pulled their time. everyone is so quick to judge these guys just because of who they are you form a image of them as being TERRIBLE people, when they're not! they sold a few votes, yes they were convicted of that, they've been in prison for almost 4 years, that's enough time to serve for selling some votes. they never murdered nobody, they never killed a dozen people, they sold some votes! it was wrong, but they've served their time for that and they should come back to their families. stop "profiling" these people as being bottom of the barrell criminals, because they are not. they are intelligent men, who served the community, made a few bad decisions, paid for them by serving their time, now they should be free.
Your comments are so ridiculous there's really no way to respond.

See ya later boys, heading to Shiloh's!
fan of clay 8

Columbus, IN

#69 Jul 19, 2013
phish wrote:
what happened with Cleatus's old motto of, "do the crime, do the time"? double standards? cleatus knew he did the crime, and he tried and tried to get out. guess he wasn't as powerful on the inside as he is on the outside. it's a shame. if these people were anyone else it wouldn't even have been an issue to get out. guess their hold on this area will never lose grip.
evidently no crime was committed by clete or any of the others. No crime no time.
fan of clay 8

Columbus, IN

#70 Jul 19, 2013
just an american wrote:
After reading so many of the response to this topic, does anyone think clay county will ever change. It does not matter how big a crook, how much you cheated people, how much they keep clay county down seems the majority of clay countians close there eyes and say oh they done enough time or they were wrongly treated. The old saying goes your community is only as good as its residents, well no wonder clay county is the dump, made fun of place it is. Now all you that see nothing wrong with cheating, lying, swindling, and corruption keep on defending people just because they do you a favor now and then and see how other people make fun and downgrade clay county.
Cry us a river
DONNA

London, KY

#71 Jul 19, 2013
Wondering two wrote:
Who is paying the legal bills now? I know the CA attorney is very expensive.
Donna c that owns the game room is paying the lawyer bills so they dont rat on her.
Wish list

Chicago, IL

#72 Jul 19, 2013
This case investigated by the FBI was never about drugs or they would have turned it over to the DEA -and if you don't know those letters then you must be from clay county. And if you think that they haven't been in clay co for the past 3.5 years investigating others that might have something to do with this case,you got to be crazy or kidding yo selves but the Feds don't play games,they get evidence to nail your ass to the door or floor before they ever persent an indictment to a judge or grand jury. You do wrong to long they come into your little world and show you who's boss. They are nuts if they try to get another trial that only means that they have learned new stuff over the last 3.5 years and have bigger fish to fry. And this has nothing to do with breathitt county or the new your mob, theses guys have done worse things over the years but I'm for Cletus and the gang I really hope they stay free an Home in they're last years but someone has to pay the piper and I know Cletus on the bench didn't care how old a man was to send him off to jail I saw him send a 78 year old man to prison for defending his property once in clay county then had someone buy the property 2 years later threw a family member now that's the kind of people were dealing with here ol well talk about brethett county and there past problems it makes no difference to me I know they where crooks
And thieves but couldn't prove it now there time has come
Hecht Yeah

Chicago, IL

#73 Jul 19, 2013
Id like to see them get Scott Maden and a
Few more good old boys while there getting or cleaning up the place --------hope he's next!!!!
clay 8 fan

Columbus, IN

#74 Jul 19, 2013
Tellall wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an untrue statement!! Only Rats walk in federal court!! The Whites squeaked like pigs on everything they DID NOT know just to save their skin !! Squealing doesn't get Respect back and the Clay 8 has respect, they have a backbone, they can hold their head up with pride!!
couldn't have said it any better.
MIMexicano

Mount Vernon, KY

#75 Jul 19, 2013
just an american wrote:
Mind ya on bidness biotch
Lil Mermaid

Pineville, KY

#76 Jul 19, 2013
I hope that piece of scum Gary gregory gets what he deserves no wonder he stays hid in florida all the time
So What

Indianapolis, IN

#77 Jul 19, 2013
No.one will never kn the truth , only the ones in prison an God knows the truth. What makes no sense is why waste tax payers money an then let them out. it's not just clay co. it's everywhere in the USA!!! It's all about money!!!!
Wondering

Nicholasville, KY

#78 Jul 20, 2013
Wondernomore wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my answer to your questions.
1. You should read the reversal and not just opinions of others. You will be enlightened on how the trail was.
2. If you read the courts opinion, someone is worse off but it's not the Clay 8.
3. Does it really matter?
4.Even if he was alive, the court of appeals banned his testimony.
5.It all was a bit extreme.
I often wonder, if those who post even live in Clay. How can you NOT know who the bad guys are? What family held EVERY position to be known in Clay, not just for one term. Lets be real, the Whites ruled Clay since it was founded, the mansion built on the hill could not possibly come from a County Clerks salary,!! Ed Jordons house does not come from a sheriffs salary. Those who say the 8 were guilty, are obviously related to Whites are ignorance really is bliss
The reason I said that they might be worse off now then before is because the court ruled that RICO was proper in a vote buying case. That is a defeat for the defense, in my opinion, and an issue that cannot be raised at the next trial.
I don't think the death of the FBI agent will amount to much. They do not make evidence just fine it--i.e., witnesses with first hand information that testifies in court.
Nearly all politicians are dishonest. It is always good with a few get caught.
See the light

London, KY

#79 Jul 20, 2013
Every one is ditching on Clay County for vote buying and selling. The sad truth is that it happens in every small town and big city. Starting from Washington DC on down. If the US Government really wanted to do something about Vote buying and selling, they should start in their home town of Washington DC. What do you think our Congress men and women do every day, when they take favors from lobbyist and special interest groups? But, oh yeah, I forgot, it is legal in Washington.
See the light

London, KY

#80 Jul 20, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have been the one who recorded their meetings. Not everything was entered into evidence during the original trial.
Yeah, and I could be the Tooth Fairy.
just an american

Vicco, KY

#81 Jul 20, 2013
It is sad reading some of the comments made on here. Some justify crooks by saying it happens everywhere, other say it never happened and others say they done served their time. All I know is it seems this whole country has lost it morals, honesty and shame. To so many nothing anyone does is wrong because others do it, while others say well it does not affect me so why should I care and last there are those who look for favors in response for their supporting crooks. All you can get mad spit out foolish lines but fact is, look in a mirror and you will see why the world has so many problems, people just don't care for anything anymore.
god

Lexington, KY

#82 Jul 20, 2013
just an american wrote:
It is sad reading some of the comments made on here. Some justify crooks by saying it happens everywhere, other say it never happened and others say they done served their time. All I know is it seems this whole country has lost it morals, honesty and shame. To so many nothing anyone does is wrong because others do it, while others say well it does not affect me so why should I care and last there are those who look for favors in response for their supporting crooks. All you can get mad spit out foolish lines but fact is, look in a mirror and you will see why the world has so many problems, people just don't care for anything anymore.
So you are right and everyone else is wrong including All the appeals court judges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Cczar 169,864
Axle 11 min Lol 29
Peggy Hates Axl Has Exes 23 min Lol 75
Shop with a Cop 1 hr Hopeful for you 2
Jerry and Jonathan benge lol 1 hr Know them 3
Citizens of Clay? 3 hr hillary 3
defamation 3 hr FYI 27

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages