Next Last
All Clay

London, KY

#1 Jul 17, 2013
Free?
Supporter

London, KY

#2 Jul 17, 2013
Yes, they are, and they are on their way home. It's about time!! My heart goes out to their families!
new trial

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Jul 17, 2013
Appeals court orders new trials for 8 in Clay County vote-buying conspiracy case

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/17/2717962/ap...
Bet

London, KY

#5 Jul 17, 2013
Could the Sixth Circuit opinion excluding evidence, combined with Agent Briggs death, allow the defendants to go free? Very possible, maybe even probable. Hell, Clete might return to the bench. Bet this bunch will repay every kindness extended to them and their families by the good people of Clay county.
phish

London, KY

#6 Jul 17, 2013
what happened with Cleatus's old motto of, "do the crime, do the time"? double standards? cleatus knew he did the crime, and he tried and tried to get out. guess he wasn't as powerful on the inside as he is on the outside. it's a shame. if these people were anyone else it wouldn't even have been an issue to get out. guess their hold on this area will never lose grip.
U CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH

London, KY

#7 Jul 17, 2013
U R so pathetic! Maybe the verdict has been vacated because the appeals court saw a problem with the law and due process. What has happened to this country? I bet you are so sinless that you could cast the first stone. I wonder if you have ever cheated on your taxes? Did you know that is a federal offense? You and so many more are so hypocritical that it makes me sick! I bet you are just like Jesus! Maybe you are GOD????????
BBB

London, KY

#9 Jul 17, 2013
Given federal courts reluctance to reverse criminal convictions, there must have been serious error in this case. Can't wait to read the opinion and see what evidence they ruled inadmissible. The second trial could get real interesting, given Brigg's death and the evidentiary exclusions. Who knows they maybe get acquitted. In the short term they should be released on bond pending trial.
opine

Somerset, KY

#10 Jul 17, 2013
The opinion is on the 6th circuit court of appeals website, the only one to be published.
Captain D

Hazard, KY

#11 Jul 17, 2013
There are BACK...
hatesbackbiters

London, KY

#12 Jul 17, 2013
So happy for all involved! I have preached this whole case was about agents relationship with the Whites and lets not forget the judge who was a relative to Jordan. This whole case was lies and honestly they did buy votes, but it became a witch hunt to pay back for the Whites. People keep spouting your hate, but I bet you don't know the facts like you think you do!
IDK

London, KY

#13 Jul 17, 2013
The news says a new trial. So they still have to be proven innocent right or am I wrong?
BBB

London, KY

#14 Jul 17, 2013
opine wrote:
The opinion is on the 6th circuit court of appeals website, the only one to be published.
Correct, all 66 pages. The retrial, in view of this ruling, will be interesting. It appears the Judge will be different too.
wrong

London, KY

#15 Jul 17, 2013
IDK wrote:
The news says a new trial. So they still have to be proven innocent right or am I wrong?
They have to be proven GUILTY.
opine

Somerset, KY

#16 Jul 17, 2013
The opinion explicitly did not call for a different judge, though Judge Reeves may recuse - or not.
Question

London, KY

#17 Jul 17, 2013
Can you download the opinion?
Here Tis

Williamsburg, KY

#18 Jul 17, 2013
BBB

London, KY

#19 Jul 17, 2013
opine wrote:
The opinion explicitly did not call for a different judge, though Judge Reeves may recuse - or not.
In terms of the recusal issue, how do you interpret the court's decision vs its conclusion Reeves abused his discretion in not recusing himself.
funny

Hazard, KY

#20 Jul 17, 2013
money talks crooks walk all I got to say.
Supporter

London, KY

#21 Jul 17, 2013
hatesbackbiters wrote:
So happy for all involved! I have preached this whole case was about agents relationship with the Whites and lets not forget the judge who was a relative to Jordan. This whole case was lies and honestly they did buy votes, but it became a witch hunt to pay back for the Whites. People keep spouting your hate, but I bet you don't know the facts like you think you do!
You are do very right. The Whites played "Tell All" and got themselves a plea deal. I hope it bits them big in the butt. Maybe Mrs.White can find her maid she's advertising for in jail.
Tellall

New York, NY

#22 Jul 17, 2013
funny wrote:
money talks crooks walk all I got to say.
That's an untrue statement!! Only Rats walk in federal court!! The Whites squeaked like pigs on everything they DID NOT know just to save their skin !! Squealing doesn't get Respect back and the Clay 8 has respect, they have a backbone, they can hold their head up with pride!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gods coming soon are you ready? 32 min Meme22 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min so true 142,361
Kaney Hoskins cheatin 1 hr sjgkalsgjarrgarg 4
Manchester kentucky dance for toddlers 2 hr Mom 2
James Harris weak herated back stabbing Bitch 4 hr fedup 4
geneva messer (Apr '12) 15 hr wow 12
Facts Wed Jimmy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages