First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bill

London, KY

#1 Jun 25, 2009
is it true what we hearing..he gave up church and they say mistreated little boys..tell me it not so
It is so

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2010
bill wrote:
is it true what we hearing..he gave up church and they say mistreated little boys..tell me it not so
That's why he left the Bible Holiness Church.
Not mistreating- molesting.
Not Sure

AOL

#3 Mar 24, 2010
Heard it was adult men that he propositioned when his wife was out of town, not children. Does anyone know what actually happened? Feel so sorry for his wife and daughters.
Wondering

AOL

#4 Mar 25, 2010
Yeah,what did happen? Anybody know?
I know

Harrisonburg, VA

#5 Aug 12, 2010
I attended a church that was affiliated with him and his church. He did admit to molestation, and although I don't agree with anything he did, all men fall. I hope he can get back up. He shouldn't have done what he did, but he did. It's sad really.
anonymus

United States

#6 Jul 3, 2011
I believe Bro. Gary was set up by someone in the church to get rid of him. I have heard a statement made before that "the tongue can hang a man or set him free." The person/persons that started this awful life-long torment for Bro. Gary will have to face an Almighty God in judgement. I would hate to know that I put a stumbling block before someone to make them fall. No matter what; God still loves Bro. Gary.

Since: Aug 08

AOL

#7 Jul 3, 2011
Hard to believe Gary would do something like this!!
Friend

Monroe, GA

#8 Jul 9, 2011
I also believe that Bro. Gary was set up...He had found out some things that were going on in the church and was going to bring it out...Therefore by discrediting him, they thought they could get by...But they will not get by in the end...
Confused

UK

#9 Aug 7, 2011
I do not understand what has gone on! I am very upset to hear this news! I used to go to BHC with a lovely family that I am trying to get in touch with (which is why I looked up BHC) As a kid I used to love BHC and bro edenfields preaching was captivating! I hope that he hasn't done what he was accused of, and I will keep him and his wife and daughters in my prayers. It is up to GOD to judge, not any of us
anonymous

United States

#10 Sep 6, 2011
He wasnt set up people ..thats just ignorant! Where there's fire there's smoke. Besides, he was caught in a public bathroom with a man. They were both in the same stall. A man that happened to know him..walked in as they were coming out of the same stall....he wasnt set up...thats just pure dumb
anonymus II

Manchester, KY

#11 Sep 7, 2011
anonymous wrote:
He wasnt set up people ..thats just ignorant! Where there's fire there's smoke. Besides, he was caught in a public bathroom with a man. They were both in the same stall. A man that happened to know him..walked in as they were coming out of the same stall....he wasnt set up...thats just pure dumb
Yes, I knew about this incident as well. Sadly, it is true.
anonymous

United States

#12 Sep 9, 2011
It is sad he was one of my favorite preachers before I found out. So I KNOW ..I'm not trying to judge him. I just don't understand sympathy towards hypocrisy. It's one thing to commit a regretful sin once or twice but for 10 yrs..and sodomy? I think my "confused" went out the door. However, I do wish I could ask him one question...where did he develop the problem..and why didnt he just ask for help. Also, you have to wonder where all the discernment went....all the churches ..noone knew?
John Doe

Martinsville, VA

#13 Sep 16, 2011
He always seemed like a snake oil salesman to me.
Hurt

Mechanicsville, VA

#14 Sep 22, 2011
@ John Doe-He was and still is
anonymous

United States

#15 Nov 2, 2011
But still...how come noone knew?
Joe

Savannah, GA

#16 Nov 18, 2011
John Doe wrote:
He always seemed like a snake oil salesman to me.
It's always so easy to say that after the fact. Are there any ministers out there that you would like to call out before they are exposed? Warn us! Don't wait until the truth comes out and then tell us that they never seemed right to you.
the lonely leppar

Martinsville, VA

#17 Jan 13, 2012
I look n from the outside and feel not one adult member of BHC is less guilty than he is. The entire town of Elkton looks upon BHC as some hipocratic cult. It's sad but people seem to enjoy the fact that this came out, because the to good to give any non-BHC "christians" on the hill the time of day were finally given a reallity check.I feel what he did will b judged and punished or not by the lord but I do think that all of you who claimed to have loved and respect him should really evaluate yourselves as christians to never have let sinners feel comfortable in coming to you for help.
robbie

Waynesboro, VA

#18 May 21, 2012
the to good to give any non-BHC "christians" on the hill the time of day were finally given a reallity check

What a horrible and disgusgusting thing to say. I went to BHC and those folks are loving and sweet as any ihave ever met.Yes i loved Brother Gary and yesim horified about what went on, but for you to say those thngs about my friends at BHC just show that you my friend need tolook in the mirror for some self examination.
Dave

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Jul 29, 2012
Robbie, Dont fool yourself. You know good and well most of the holiness churches in that fellowship do not consider others to be saved. Not Baptists, not Methodists. Anyone that has a tv, cut hair, etc. So please, dont be a hypocrite and act shocked. I belong to teh fellowship and Ive seen people driven out over trivial things- to the point to where I doubt they will ever go to church again. Its the truth and you know it to be so.
Clint

Jesup, GA

#20 Jul 29, 2012
You're dead wrong about the Holiness movement. They took me in at my worst and never forced their beliefs on me. Every movement has its exceptions, but as a whole I have found no greater people in the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr HistoricallySpeaking 131,919
lil boy 2 hr Crippled Fact 24
Dear Santa 4 hr Santa 2
Who should be the next Clay County High School ... 9 hr Truth 43
Review: Raintree Apartments 9 hr barbaraannwhite 1
Strange 4 wheeler activity on Rt. 66 14 hr Know all to well 11
again Sat seen her 2
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info