Hospital - ICU
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truth

Hyden, KY

#1 Jul 31, 2012
Most of the day shift nurses are new to the unit and know very little about nursing. If you want to keep your family alive, keep them away!
agree

Somerset, KY

#2 Aug 30, 2012
I do agree, they can't stay off the phones checking on their cheating men or off the computer ordering things with money they don't earn. I say this because all they do is sit on their butts. They walk around like their poop don't stink, if you're going to be a nurse it's to make peoples life easier while they're going through a hard time because they're sick or a family member is not by being a c***. sorry they need to re-educate them on how to be a good nurse because they really aren't doing a good job. It's really sad. I don't think I'd let them take care of my dog.
Truth

London, KY

#3 Aug 31, 2012
agree wrote:
I do agree, they can't stay off the phones checking on their cheating men or off the computer ordering things with money they don't earn. I say this because all they do is sit on their butts. They walk around like their poop don't stink, if you're going to be a nurse it's to make peoples life easier while they're going through a hard time because they're sick or a family member is not by being a c***. sorry they need to re-educate them on how to be a good nurse because they really aren't doing a good job. It's really sad. I don't think I'd let them take care of my dog.
You told the truth. They holler at PCT'S all day long. To sorry to get up.It is true, they use there personal cell phones all day. Truth is the truth. They lose the good nurses.They don't want stand up for the good ones. They like the sorry ones. The will back them up with there mistakes.
concerned citizen

Manchester, KY

#5 Aug 31, 2012
In responce to "seriously" I am not a worker at the hospital and I think ICU has gone to the dogs. In fact I think the whole hospital has. When a member of my family was in the hospital the women that was supposed to be over telemetry was on her cell phone and looking at magazines. One nurse was out in the hall and the other was standing in the door. If I had not been there to holler at them I do not know what would have happened. And then they looked at me and said I did not have to stay they would take care of everthing.Sure they would. The new nurses they have know nothing and someone is going to die. When you have all new nurses on the same shift who is in charge the one thats been on the floor two months or the one thats been there four. My experence with Manchester Memorial Hospital was bad evertime I was there and that was a lot. Please if you have someone in the hospital, please stay with them and ask lots of questions especially when they give medicine, real bad experience on that. I have nothing good to say about the hospital. I will take my chance of dying trying to make it to Lexington than maybe being killed by incompetences. I normally just get on topix and read everybodys comments but my feelings about the hospital are so negative I had to post this.
concerned citizen

Manchester, KY

#7 Aug 31, 2012
If you were there as long as I was you listen and you learn a lot. When a nurse comes to the room and does not know how to hook up an IV port, calling all the time for help if you ask them a question.Don't know how to take the cap off of an oxygen canister. You can spot a mile off.
Know so much

Dexter, MO

#8 Aug 31, 2012
Since you know so much then you should not even be there sounds like you can do it all yourself!! If it is so bad then why do you keep going back and you aren't dead yet!!
concerned citizen

Manchester, KY

#9 Aug 31, 2012
But the person I was with is. Was sent home with a blood pressure of 75/63. How about that.
dont understand

Dexter, MO

#10 Aug 31, 2012
This hospital is part of our community and instead of supporting it people do nothing but tear it down. I have been in the ICU several times with my mother and on a recent visit they saved my mothers life, she did die on them and they brought her back and I can't thank them enough for allowing us to still have her in our lives. The nurses that worked on her that day where young nurses and they did everything possible to bring her back, I am not sure but I think one of them's name was billy but I cannot be sure. I have seen a change in the ICU in the past 6 months, you can see that the new nurses that are there now and very happy doing what they do and I feel blessed to have them at our hospital. I cannot express how thankful that I am to have had those nurses care for my mother that day because who knows if she would be with us today, had they not acted so fast. I am not a health person but I think that every nurse young or old has to pass the same test and go through school to be nurses, so they have to know the same stuff. I am sorry that nurses have to deal with people who do not appreciate all that they do, and what a service they provide. May God Bless you all as you care for people who don't even appreciate what you do for them.
know so much

Dexter, MO

#11 Aug 31, 2012
I don't think people get sent home from ICU very often, I think they have to go to another floor first, and if you knew that was the bloodpressure and you were concerned about it why didn't you report it to someone, even if it was the nurse's boss?? Doctor's are the ones that discharge people not nurses, they just do what they are told.
concerned citizen

Manchester, KY

#12 Aug 31, 2012
First of all was not in ICU at this time. Was on second floor. Was discharged by the doctor. Right before we left an aid took the blood pressure and said I can't believe they sending this person home like this. Waited for the doctor or nurse to come back and no one came and the person said lets go home,will come back tommorrow but died later in the day. When you are in the hospital as much as we were you see a lot.
lmbo

Hyden, KY

#13 Aug 31, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
If you were there as long as I was you listen and you learn a lot. When a nurse comes to the room and does not know how to hook up an IV port, calling all the time for help if you ask them a question.Don't know how to take the cap off of an oxygen canister. You can spot a mile off.
Both the "new" nurses have been nurses for at least 4 years in different units. If you are really saying that one of these two didn't know how to hook up an IV after being a nurse for over 4 years, I just don't believe that. Most likely, the person you are getting your information from forgot to mention that.
Justmy2cents

Somerset, KY

#14 Sep 1, 2012
The same nurses you are putting down are the same ones you are going to be calling for when something goes wrong and you need to be in the hospital....I am a retired nurse and worked in ICU at the hospital, Laural Creek Nursing Center and Home Health...trust me all nurses are trained for their jobs. Some may have to learn to use new equipment in that facility. Nurses have to be able to multi- task, because they are never going to be doing just one thing at a time....You may feel that your parent or whoever is the most important person in the hospital and that is the way you should feel about your family but the nurses have to take care of ALL patients in Icu and they all have to be special.The floor nurses can have around 20 or more patients that they are responsible for. So the next time you are sick I am sure that the nurses would appreciate you going to Lexington because their jobs are hard enough without having someone gripe and complain and then get out an talk about them.
Truth

Altamonte Springs, FL

#16 Sep 2, 2012
Blondie don't know much
lmbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Both the "new" nurses have been nurses for at least 4 years in different units. If you are really saying that one of these two didn't know how to hook up an IV after being a nurse for over 4 years, I just don't believe that. Most likely, the person you are getting your information from forgot to mention that.
someone that knows

Somerset, KY

#17 Sep 2, 2012
The nurses at MMH are only responsible for 8 patients a shift.As for nurses have at least 2 to 4 years of experience before on the floor by their selfs. Veronica House was hired at MMH in May 2012 and is on the floor by her self now. Just passed her nurses test about 2 months before that.
Eyes

Altamonte Springs, FL

#18 Sep 2, 2012
She knows how to smoke and I know she is a bit**
Truth wrote:
Blondie don't know much
<quoted text>
Face it

Altamonte Springs, FL

#19 Sep 2, 2012
She acts like a new nurse. Every time I ask her a question, she rolled her eyes and said I know know
lmbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont know much

Hyden, KY

#20 Sep 2, 2012
J
someone that knows wrote:
The nurses at MMH are only responsible for 8 patients a shift.As for nurses have at least 2 to 4 years of experience before on the floor by their selfs. Veronica House was hired at MMH in May 2012 and is on the floor by her self now. Just passed her nurses test about 2 months before that.
Veronica doesn't work in ICU.
ICU

Somerset, KY

#21 Sep 2, 2012
Who said she worked in ICU.
wondering

Sheridan, AR

#22 Sep 3, 2012
is st joes in london any better?
well

Altamonte Springs, FL

#23 Sep 3, 2012
I think every one in icu does a great job

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr another viewer 168,764
Bible questions 6 hr No one special 3
Ashley and Billy joe 7 hr Family 5
English bulldogs 7 hr Bully 1
Beve Begley (Mar '17) 7 hr Flubber 21
House Enterprises stealing people's money! 8 hr John 3
ROGER HOSKINS for sheriff 9 hr Tommy 3

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages