Half of Clay County is flooded...yet ...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
udontwanttoknowh atithink

Madisonville, KY

#45 Apr 17, 2013
school wrote:
lol..lol....oh goodness, at least you give me a lol for today...about all you are fit for...yeah, you look like praying to God, talking the way you do...I have you know I have children and grandchildren out in this today...you wasnt the only one. The water wont stay up forever, why panic..Why didnt you go before it got to bad..I wished I had as much money as you think you have brains...wow, Id be richer than what I am now...and you didnt have complete faith either, read what you wrote...
You can't stop my belief in God nor can you slander it, that will be on you. From what I see you are no better than Reese Cup there. Children come first. Just so you know there "oh one who is always right" I had to hire someone to come and remove mud enough so I could get out, so it looks like I made a real effort to get where I was going "TO MY CHILD" what were you doing, sitting behind a computer....doing absolutely nothing. And trust me if u had as much money as I DO HAVE brains you'd be the richest in the world. Goodnight to you, have a safe day tomorrow and forever to you and yours.
Parent

Somerset, KY

#46 Apr 18, 2013
yeap wrote:
<quoted text>
if it was your child at school right now trapped and can't get home you would be on here feeling the same way these parents feel
Believe it or not I used what is called common sense and patenting skills. And unless it's free and given out by the state most people in this county don't posses it! They are to eager to get rid of their child do they don't have to deal with them.
SMFH

Manchester, KY

#47 Apr 18, 2013
u people are jokes they are better off at school than out in the weather what a bunch of idiots.
huehuehue

Manchester, KY

#48 Apr 18, 2013
SMFH wrote:
u people are jokes they are better off at school than out in the weather what a bunch of idiots.
While that would seem like solid logic, the fact is they had to go "out in the weather" just to get to the school. So no, you are the idiot.
common sense

Pineville, KY

#49 Apr 18, 2013
Who Does What wrote:
<quoted text> But who has the job to check the roards and weather ? Is it Ronnie Mathis, Transportation Director or Reecia Samples Superintendent. Someone is not doing there job ! You don't put children out in a severe thunder storm and pouring hard rain standing in the dark waiting on the bus to come. This morning the childrens safety was not put first !
just curious, but did you actually let your children stand outside during a severe thunderstorm waiting on a bus? because you should have kept them home in the first place if that was going on when they were waiting for their bus to come. or are you just talking about children in general? and if you are, obviously the parents didn't care enough for their own children to do this if they let their children stand outside during a severe thunderstorm waiting on a bus, surely people are smarter than that, if not get some common sense! In this case it's hard to say who is dumber, the super, bus garage people, or the parents who would let their children stand outside in these conditions to catch a bus! sometimes we have to use common sense and make the right call for own children!
mattie

Delaware, OH

#50 Apr 18, 2013
concerned parent wrote:
Tell me about it this school system is so messed up they tell people to never drive thru flood road ways, but yet they have school and people having to drive thru flooded road in order to get to the school it was bad enought that a two lane road became a one lane they need to get someone working for the board of education that will really do their jobs and not be to lazy to get out of bed and check the roads.
i totally agree with the parents, kids are getting mixed messages. not good.
Crippled Fact

Somerset, KY

#51 Apr 26, 2013
huehuehue wrote:
<quoted text>
While that would seem like solid logic, the fact is they had to go "out in the weather" just to get to the school. So no, you are the idiot.
Who are you calling a idiot '' Parent ''? You are the one up there agreeing with yourself ! Like ( common sense ) would not tell me that ! Your just a ''Moron '' with no knowledge as to what your fingers are typing , there was water in the road before school ole intelligent one ! Agree with yourself some more !
Yep

Flat Lick, KY

#52 Apr 27, 2013
Crippled Fact wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you calling a idiot '' Parent ''? You are the one up there agreeing with yourself ! Like ( common sense ) would not tell me that ! Your just a ''Moron '' with no knowledge as to what your fingers are typing , there was water in the road before school ole intelligent one ! Agree with yourself some more !
horse creek was flooding by 5:00, bad at 6:00
Well

Flat Lick, KY

#53 Apr 27, 2013
People should have gotten on here and posted where the water was getting up or where it would soon be over a road or bridge. That could have helped everyone including the county bus garage.
Crippled Fact

Somerset, KY

#54 Apr 27, 2013
Well wrote:
People should have gotten on here and posted where the water was getting up or where it would soon be over a road or bridge. That could have helped everyone including the county bus garage.
For one i am not judging Reese Samples , As much as i know of her she is a pretty good person and i am sure she would not want anything to happen to any kid , i only commented here just cause i didn't like a certain term that was used in earlier comments '' You People '' i walked away at first and it eat me up till i had to make a comment back to that insult toward any person ! That's what starts trouble and causes forums like this , is cause one crowd thinks they are better than others & they don't have the nerve to stand up to that person face to face so they seduce now to this site !
Crippled Fact

Somerset, KY

#55 Apr 27, 2013
There is no one person in that school system they should blame , to me it was a bad call to have school that day but i am sure that there was more behind the verdict of that call rather to have school or not than just Reese Samples , she is the title carrier though
just an american

London, KY

#56 Apr 27, 2013
I usually don't post on topics as this but what is with you people, you would think a bunch kids drowned or got stuck by lighting from what you all say. Here's a fact for you like someone else posted when I grew up we walked to school for many years, if it was raining we put on our either if we had them a rain coat or just a piece of plastic to keep us dry. If it was storming bad we would wait until it passed, if it was to long heck we get a free day off. Come winter we walk to school, it cold as a witches tit as saying goes but we did not mind it, we was raised to be tough not like people now days bunch of whining whuzzies. If you complaining, blaming this person or that person were so concerned why did you send your kids in the first place. I get sick at how whining, crying and bitching people have become, what's happened to peoples backbones, grown ups on here are worse then little kids. You all so dang concerned with thunderstorms or rising water, heck wish you all was as concerned over the drug, drinking, stealing, young people making babies while they still just kids then maybe this county be hell of a lot better off. Now you all can whine moan or bitch over my post or get mad and get out do something useful and stop behaving like a spoiled brat.
GBer

Flat Lick, KY

#57 Apr 27, 2013
just an american wrote:
I usually don't post on topics as this but what is with you people, you would think a bunch kids drowned or got stuck by lighting from what you all say. Here's a fact for you like someone else posted when I grew up we walked to school for many years, if it was raining we put on our either if we had them a rain coat or just a piece of plastic to keep us dry. If it was storming bad we would wait until it passed, if it was to long heck we get a free day off. Come winter we walk to school, it cold as a witches tit as saying goes but we did not mind it, we was raised to be tough not like people now days bunch of whining whuzzies. If you complaining, blaming this person or that person were so concerned why did you send your kids in the first place. I get sick at how whining, crying and bitching people have become, what's happened to peoples backbones, grown ups on here are worse then little kids. You all so dang concerned with thunderstorms or rising water, heck wish you all was as concerned over the drug, drinking, stealing, young people making babies while they still just kids then maybe this county be hell of a lot better off. Now you all can whine moan or bitch over my post or get mad and get out do something useful and stop behaving like a spoiled brat.
I'm sure you walked 15 miles every day! I work and had to take off to pick up kids at two different schools and some of us didn't want to end up in court because of an unexcused absence.
funny

London, KY

#58 Apr 28, 2013
WARNING WARNING ALL YOU PARENTS SO AFRAID OF RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS, KEP YOUR KIDS IN DOORS TODAY. DON'T LET THEM GO TO THOSE RESTURANTS THEY MAY GET STRANDED AND EAT THEMSELFS TO DEATH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min usa 158,043
Michelle maxie 1 hr Knows 1
Samuel and Rebecca Brummett (Aug '11) 1 hr Dude 6
Looking for meetings AA , NA, Celebrate Recovery 3 hr same 2
I Veda Vallance will never go to jail 8 hr peaches ... 4
City Mayor Wed rabbit hayre 6
The women at Manchester water company are rude Wed Water bill 33

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance