Half of Clay County is flooded...yet ...
School

Barbourville, KY

#24 Apr 17, 2013
People get your info correct . Clay co. Has a person who checks the roads and he makes the decision to call school off or not.
Who Does What

Gray, KY

#25 Apr 17, 2013
school wrote:
<quoted text>doug adams done a better job, he never did put a kid on the road when it was dangerous.
But who has the job to check the roards and weather ? Is it Ronnie Mathis, Transportation Director or Reecia Samples Superintendent. Someone is not doing there job ! You don't put children out in a severe thunder storm and pouring hard rain standing in the dark waiting on the bus to come. This morning the childrens safety was not put first !
Billy

Frankfort, KY

#26 Apr 17, 2013
yeap wrote:
<quoted text>
if it was your child at school right now trapped and can't get home you would be on here feeling the same way these parents feel
No, I'd get off the computer complaining about something and be trying to get my child home.
Billy

Frankfort, KY

#27 Apr 17, 2013
Who Does What wrote:
<quoted text> But who has the job to check the roards and weather ? Is it Ronnie Mathis, Transportation Director or Reecia Samples Superintendent. Someone is not doing there job ! You don't put children out in a severe thunder storm and pouring hard rain standing in the dark waiting on the bus to come. This morning the childrens safety was not put first !
No, you don't put them out in the pouring rain waiting on the bus. You drive to where the bus is to pick them up in your car or let them wait in the house for the bus.
Me Thinks

Flat Lick, KY

#28 Apr 17, 2013
School wrote:
People get your info correct . Clay co. Has a person who checks the roads and he makes the decision to call school off or not.
Reecie Samples makes the decision to call off school.
Omg

London, KY

#29 Apr 17, 2013
You know its pretty bad that when Samples calls in and cant show up herself because she is flooded in,but still lets the kids have school,how pathetic is that..and they say our children are safe :/
WELL

Lexington, KY

#30 Apr 17, 2013
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't put them out in the pouring rain waiting on the bus. You drive to where the bus is to pick them up in your car or let them wait in the house for the bus.
Some parents don't have a car for them to sit in and some kids I know have a 15 minute walk to the bus stop. The bus driver isn't allowed to wait for the kids. What choice do they have? There should at least been a delay this morning. Childrens safety should be first!
just an american

United States

#32 Apr 17, 2013
What is wrong with people today, you all ever think before you start bitching and whining about things. I have stood in rain(parents back then had enough sense to have rain coats for kids), stood in below freezing weather(Parents had coats for their kids) and went to school. You so called so concerned parents blaming this or that, did any of you offer to just keep your kids home you thinking it was so bad. I bet some of the kids got better food and treatment in school then they do in some of you so called concerned parents homes. I bet if they had called school of you so called concerned people would have been on here bitching why did they not have school. If that pisses you people of good, you all need to do some growing up and stop acting like brats that wants a doll and its mommy said no. It's a disgrace how so called grown up people will do and say crap that is just ignorant. Let me ask you so called concerned people did one kid get hurt, cause a so called parent to get hurt or did it make some of you so called concerned parents have to get up get out and be a parent and go get you child. You griping about walking, bull crap try walking from horse creek to Manchester like my granddad did to get an education, even in winter then you can bitch about walking.
Crippled Fact

London, KY

#33 Apr 17, 2013
With '' Parents '' comment up there , its get you to realizing whats what and whats not in this ole world ! Way he / she talked you would think that he / she would just throw a bar of dial in flooded area's to people instead of helping them ! I don't like that phrase you used toward people on here '' Parent '' you know the one i am talking about , whats that suppose to mean '' You People ''? You are one self centered asshole if i must say , one i would love to get a chance to smack the taste right out of your mouth ! I usually am a pretty chilled person but you hit a nerve , no one is better than someone else we are equal !
well

United States

#34 Apr 17, 2013
funny wrote:
Poor school officials, damned if they do and damned if they don't. You whining about them having school whine when they don't need to get lives. I can remember back when I was in school we used to have to walk home, but we got a good education. If you so called parents so afraid to let your children out, dang buy you some cages and keep them off the streets and out running around the neighborhood at all hours of the nite when they are not in school. I swear the way some of you people carry on its like you think the school officials, law or even churches are out to destroy or hurt your kids. I wonder sometimes if you people even know how ignorant and stupid the things you get on here and whine about. Like I said we used to walk to or home from school when water got over bridges in couple of places, education was important to us kids, we wanted to learn and not be whiners about if stumped toe or ever scratched knee we got.
exactly right i can remember walking to school with a 6 in.snow on the ground,also coming thru the woods dodging high water!! kids are wimps these days.
Crippled Fact

London, KY

#35 Apr 17, 2013
I can't help if you was born in a different dimension , i have heard my parents say the same thing you just did , so what? The world doesn't owe you anything , you gotta make your own breaks in this world , Kids today shouldn't have to suffer cause of what happened to you all in the past !

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#36 Apr 17, 2013
Sorry, but there should NOT have been school today. I am usually one for going to school whenever the doors can possibly be open, but today was NOT one of those days. The road in front of Goose Rock was flooded over at 7 AM. It was still pouring the rain so they knew it was going to get worse before it got better. Many roads were flooding over and closed. Rescue squads were called out to get people out of homes. Doesn't sound to me like a good day to have children out on buses and at school.

OH, AND THEY JUST CALLED SCHOOL OFF HERE TOO. Figured I'd get that out there too since I was on here.
E town

London, KY

#37 Apr 17, 2013
bull crap wrote:
This is R. Samples fault. She does not know if its raining or the sun is shining. When will Parents get fed up with this foolish actions, Must a child get hurt or worse?
She been in Frankfort all week. Just got back at 6 this evening. Didn't know about weather until she saw it on tv.
rabbit

Flat Lick, KY

#38 Apr 17, 2013
E town wrote:
<quoted text>
She been in Frankfort all week. Just got back at 6 this evening. Didn't know about weather until she saw it on tv.
So then Asst. Superintendent Amon Couch didn't make the call?
ttony

Pineville, KY

#39 Apr 17, 2013
rabbit wrote:
<quoted text>
So then Asst. Superintendent Amon Couch didn't make the call?
This is true.
CCR

Flat Lick, KY

#40 Apr 17, 2013
more

Pineville, KY

#41 Apr 17, 2013
The assistant superintendent need's to go.
more

Pineville, KY

#42 Apr 17, 2013
more wrote:
The assistant superintendent need's to go.
MANCHESTER, Ky (WYMT)- Clay County experienced some severe flooding Wednesday that stopped school bus runs.

Highway 80 near Horse Creek was impassable in spots.

Several cars were reported stranded.

(The assistant superintendent) says the flooding started after school began.

A shelter was set up for stranded students at Clay County Middle School.

Around 25 students were there waiting to be picked up by their parents.
huehuehue

Manchester, KY

#43 Apr 17, 2013
Flooding started after school began. HAHAHAHAHAhhahahaha... HHHHHHHHhhhhhaaaaaaaahahahahah hhahahahhaaa.HHHHHHHHHHAaaaaaa aaaahahahaha...

Rescue services were out before 6:45am this morning to rescue people trapped in their vehicles in the road ways. So bull crap on when the flood started.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#44 Apr 17, 2013
Mr. Couch must have need of an eye exam if he thought there was no flooding anywhere in the county this morning! I had to go to Hazard this morning, and on the way back I didn't think we'd make it home coming along 66!

I guess they only check the main areas of Manchester when they decide if they have school? Seriously, who do they get to check the far-out areas of the county that are usually bad when town isn't?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 167,525
Ryan Gibson 53 min Wondering 1
who is the biggest hung man in clay county 2 hr Reality in your face 14
DON'T let randy napier in your bathroom 2 hr Vengence with rath 34
GEORGE DEZARN RAN out of GAS at my HOUSE 2 hr Peggy Napier 28
clay county crusin car show (Jul '07) 2 hr Jojo 12
Ashley/Billy Joe 2 hr Trash 9

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages