oldcoach

Manchester, KY

#41 Jun 18, 2011
Did you happen to think for a minute that the 2 six graders might have been the best two athletes in the 6th grade last year?

I would say smart move by Coach Smith by trying to keep them interested in baseball.
Read It

London, KY

#42 Jun 18, 2011
oldcoach wrote:
Did you happen to think for a minute that the 2 six graders might have been the best two athletes in the 6th grade last year?
I would say smart move by Coach Smith by trying to keep them interested in baseball.
Nope never crossed my mind. Ok say they were the 2 best, how could you tell about the 1 being 1 of the best him not playing in atleast 2 years? And if middle schoolers cant play there were 2 there also.
As for football, I counted myself 26 players on the sideline at 1 of the final home games. But with all the parents/idiots wanting attention on the sideline it did look like we had more than that. Also most of the idiots on the sideline would be looking up in the crowd to see who they could see looking down at them.
But we went 8-4 with our best team in years and got blew out on Senior night and 1st round in the playoffs but some adults were seen so good season right?
Read It

London, KY

#43 Jun 18, 2011
oldcoach wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not allowed to play with the middle school when in the 6th grade, but the high school does not have the rule. You don't have a clue what you are talking about in regards to football either. Last year we had the biggest team we had in years with around 40. It is rare now that kids play more than one sport so that limits the number of players on the football team.
How many other teams did you see this year enforcing this rule? And before you respond to the 26 players on the sideline post I counted between quaters when they all was over there. Would Like to see you name 40 players.
oldcoach

Manchester, KY

#44 Jun 18, 2011
Read It wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope never crossed my mind. Ok say they were the 2 best, how could you tell about the 1 being 1 of the best him not playing in atleast 2 years? And if middle schoolers cant play there were 2 there also.
As for football, I counted myself 26 players on the sideline at 1 of the final home games. But with all the parents/idiots wanting attention on the sideline it did look like we had more than that. Also most of the idiots on the sideline would be looking up in the crowd to see who they could see looking down at them.
But we went 8-4 with our best team in years and got blew out on Senior night and 1st round in the playoffs but some adults were seen so good season right?
Middle schoolers can play high school. Grade schoolers can not play middle school, but they can play for the high school. Clay middle school will not allow them to play for the middle school.

If you counted 26 on the sideline, you obviously forgot to count the 11 on the field which would have been 37 and some out injured. I assure you there was never only 26 players on the team this year.

As for the record, yeah there were 8-4 with a win over Scott County which made it to the final 4 in 6A. The loss all came to final 4 on finals in their class. When you play a tough schedule you will have some losses. Clay won in the first round of the playoffs. They lost in the second round and were missing one key player, the quarterback John Wilson was in the hospital, he was also the leading tackler on the team. You know nothing about football if you think they did not have a good season.
FEEDER

Ford City, PA

#45 Jun 18, 2011
Tiger coach wrote:
He took them on to keep them playing. They'll play for the middle school next year. He's trying to get kids interested in baseball is all he's doing. Baseball doesn't have a built in feeder system like basketball and football in Clay County.
You know why they don't have the feeder...because you have COACHES that are there for THEIRS and shaft others to make theirs look like STARS. But in the end it bites their butt...CHOMP CHOMP. Now for the FOOTBALL coaches. How many are there to coach? Most are there to avoid home and pick up their SIGNIFICANT others while supposedly being on the FOOTBALL FIELD. Don't act like this isn't true because you know of at LEAST 2 that are. Another black eye for CLAY COUNTY SPORTS. What examples. CLEAN IT UP!!!
oldcoach

Manchester, KY

#46 Jun 18, 2011
There you go , if you can count. That is the playoff roster from KHSAA if you want to check it.
2 Josh Burchfield Off: WR,Def: DB, So.
50 Robert Bowling Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
3 Nathan Dobbs Off: WR,Def: LB, Fr.
51 Jeremy Ball Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
4 Noah Reid Off: RB,Def: DB, Sr.
52 Trevor Crockett Off: OL,Def: DL, Jr.
5 John Wilson Off: QB,Def: LB, Sr.
53 Clint Smith Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
8 Logan Westerfield Off: WR,Def: DB, Sr.
54 Jonathan Collins Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
9 Joey Dezarn Off: WR,Def: DB, So.
57 Christian McNeal Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
10 Joseph Cheek Off: LB,Def: DB, So.
60 Jordan Murphy Off: OL,Def: LB, Fr.
11 Tanner Smith Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
61 Jacob Hyde Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
12 John Roberts Off: WR,Def: DL, Jr.
62 Bobby Smith Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
15 John V. Hooker Off: QB,Def: DB, Sr.
64 Brayden Gibbs Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
16 Damon Bragg Off: WR,Def: DB, So.
66 Matthew Hampton Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
17 Ethan Horton Off: QB,Def: DB, So.
67 J. R. Gray Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
20 Hayden Gilmore Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
73 Landon Weaver Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
23 Phillip Sester Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
74 Tristan Dean Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
24 Travis Smith Off: RB,Def: LB, So.
75 Justin Foster Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
28 Tanner Hoskins Off: RB,Def: LB, Fr.
78 Isaiah Collins Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
30 Joseph Gray Off: RB,Def: LB, Fr.
79 Nick Burns Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
34 C. J. Miller Off: RB,Def: LB, Sr.
81 Josh Henson Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
38 Tanner Gilbert Off: WR,Def: LB, Sr.
82 Michael Hacker Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
45 Travis Wombles Off: RB,Def: DL, Sr.
83 Shannon Long Off: WR,Def: DL, Jr.
facts

Manchester, KY

#47 Jun 18, 2011
Looks like someone needed to do their homework before getting on here spouting off
"Read it" you made yourself look like a fool,, because it is evident you had no idea what you were talking about.
Read It

London, KY

#48 Jun 18, 2011
oldcoach wrote:
There you go , if you can count. That is the playoff roster from KHSAA if you want to check it.
2 Josh Burchfield Off: WR,Def: DB, So.
50 Robert Bowling Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
3 Nathan Dobbs Off: WR,Def: LB, Fr.
51 Jeremy Ball Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
4 Noah Reid Off: RB,Def: DB, Sr.
52 Trevor Crockett Off: OL,Def: DL, Jr.
5 John Wilson Off: QB,Def: LB, Sr.
53 Clint Smith Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
8 Logan Westerfield Off: WR,Def: DB, Sr.
54 Jonathan Collins Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
9 Joey Dezarn Off: WR,Def: DB, So.
57 Christian McNeal Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
10 Joseph Cheek Off: LB,Def: DB, So.
60 Jordan Murphy Off: OL,Def: LB, Fr.
11 Tanner Smith Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
61 Jacob Hyde Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
12 John Roberts Off: WR,Def: DL, Jr.
62 Bobby Smith Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
15 John V. Hooker Off: QB,Def: DB, Sr.
64 Brayden Gibbs Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
16 Damon Bragg Off: WR,Def: DB, So.
66 Matthew Hampton Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
17 Ethan Horton Off: QB,Def: DB, So.
67 J. R. Gray Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
20 Hayden Gilmore Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
73 Landon Weaver Off: OL,Def: DL, So.
23 Phillip Sester Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
74 Tristan Dean Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
24 Travis Smith Off: RB,Def: LB, So.
75 Justin Foster Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
28 Tanner Hoskins Off: RB,Def: LB, Fr.
78 Isaiah Collins Off: OL,Def: DL, Sr.
30 Joseph Gray Off: RB,Def: LB, Fr.
79 Nick Burns Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
34 C. J. Miller Off: RB,Def: LB, Sr.
81 Josh Henson Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
38 Tanner Gilbert Off: WR,Def: LB, Sr.
82 Michael Hacker Off: WR,Def: DB, Fr.
45 Travis Wombles Off: RB,Def: DL, Sr.
83 Shannon Long Off: WR,Def: DL, Jr.
This may have been the roster but all these guys wasnt there, call it whatever you want you know this isnt right. I bet you must be 1 of those parents out there cutting weeds or dragging dirt during the baseball season. Is this how you plan on spending the entire off season? If you would get out there and work with your child maybe you could brag how he was 1 of the few who could throw 90 instead of talking how we aint suspossed to beat anybody.
oldcoach

Manchester, KY

#49 Jun 18, 2011
They were all there you just can't count. You just can't accept the fact you were caught lying,

My kid has graduated and don't worry about him. He was worked with plenty. He is trying to decide if he wants to play college ball or not at this point.

I never picked up a rake.
As far as the offseason, I am just trying to correct your lies and/or ignorance.

I am sure you cannot play, and your kid was probably cut from the team.
lol

Somerset, KY

#50 Jun 18, 2011
oldcoach wrote:
They were all there you just can't count. You just can't accept the fact you were caught lying,

My kid has graduated and don't worry about him. He was worked with plenty. He is trying to decide if he wants to play college ball or not at this point.

I never picked up a rake.
As far as the offseason, I am just trying to correct your lies and/or ignorance.

I am sure you cannot play, and your kid was probably cut from the team.
Liar.... If your son had an opportunity to play college ball, he would have signed by now. College teams are chosen by now and I am sure they aren't waiting on your son's decision. You can't get on a public forum and spout lies because you will get called out every time! IDIOT!
oldcoach

Manchester, KY

#51 Jun 18, 2011
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.... If your son had an opportunity to play college ball, he would have signed by now. College teams are chosen by now and I am sure they aren't waiting on your son's decision. You can't get on a public forum and spout lies because you will get called out every time! IDIOT!
Not in baseball. You don't know what you are talking about. There is actually a couple of the boys still getting offers. Not just mine. The only one that has made his decision is Wilson and he just signed a couple weeks ago. NAIA and JUCO is different than NCAA as they have to wait to see what is left over. A lot of Baseball kids are still be recruited up into the summer as the colleges watch the summer tournaments also. You also only get partial scholarships in baseball, almost nobody gets a freeride.
facts

Manchester, KY

#52 Jun 18, 2011
Read It wrote:
<quoted text>
This may have been the roster but all these guys wasnt there, call it whatever you want you know this isnt right. I bet you must be 1 of those parents out there cutting weeds or dragging dirt during the baseball season. Is this how you plan on spending the entire off season? If you would get out there and work with your child maybe you could brag how he was 1 of the few who could throw 90 instead of talking how we aint suspossed to beat anybody.
You have never seen 90 mph. I am sure Coach Smith will be glad to let you dummies that think it is so easy to hit a 90 mph ball come out to the fieldhouse and try. I would be willing to bet that you would be afraid to stand in the cage when it is throwing 90 and you sure could not hit it.
facts

Manchester, KY

#53 Jun 18, 2011
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he already caught you lying about the football team and exposed your poor counting skills , and now you are showing your ingnorance in talking about something else you know nothing about. Colleges recruit for baseball until late summer.
lol

Somerset, KY

#54 Jun 18, 2011
oldcoach wrote:
<quoted text>Not in baseball. You don't know what you are talking about. There is actually a couple of the boys still getting offers. Not just mine. The only one that has made his decision is Wilson and he just signed a couple weeks ago. NAIA and JUCO is different than NCAA as they have to wait to see what is left over. A lot of Baseball kids are still be recruited up into the summer as the colleges watch the summer tournaments also. You also only get partial scholarships in baseball, almost nobody gets a freeride.
I know who you are.. You don't have a son deciding on what college he wants to play for... Keep the lies going because it is actually entertaining in a train wreck sort of way. LOL
lol

Somerset, KY

#55 Jun 18, 2011
facts wrote:
<quoted text>I think he already caught you lying about the football team and exposed your poor counting skills , and now you are showing your ingnorance in talking about something else you know nothing about. Colleges recruit for baseball until late summer.
I didn't post anything about football. You need to learn to read. Also any kid that is decent has already signed. They dont wait till the end of summer.
Read R

Russell Springs, KY

#56 Jun 18, 2011
facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never seen 90 mph. I am sure Coach Smith will be glad to let you dummies that think it is so easy to hit a 90 mph ball come out to the fieldhouse and try. I would be willing to bet that you would be afraid to stand in the cage when it is throwing 90 and you sure could not hit it.
He is still wet behind the ears and so are you.
Informer

Mayfield, KY

#57 Jun 19, 2011
If kids aren't still being recruited then why are colleges having "Showcases" and inviting other schools and players to attend? It's because they're still RECRUITING you idiot. Baseball recruiting is not like football or basketball. You guys need to get your facts straight before getting on Topix.
lol

Crossett, AR

#58 Jun 19, 2011
Informer wrote:
If kids aren't still being recruited then why are colleges having "Showcases" and inviting other schools and players to attend? It's because they're still RECRUITING you idiot. Baseball recruiting is not like football or basketball. You guys need to get your facts straight before getting on Topix.
I said ALL the kids that are good have already signed. I don't think you know what you are talking about!!
lol

Crossett, AR

#59 Jun 19, 2011
Oh yeah and they don't wait till summer before school starts to choose their players from a showcase. Maybe one or two scraglers but for the most part they are recruiting for the next year!!
facts

Manchester, KY

#60 Jun 19, 2011
lol wrote:
Oh yeah and they don't wait till summer before school starts to choose their players from a showcase. Maybe one or two scraglers but for the most part they are recruiting for the next year!!
You are wrong. I think I know who oldcoach is qnd if that is who it is his son is deciding on whether to play for union or not. I think Alice Lloyd and maybe Pikeville are also recruiting him.

They are also still having senior showcases for college recruiters so it is you that does not know what you are talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stoker coal 47 min larry 1
Kentucky Needs Grimes 51 min BOB 53
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr RAINBOWS_SUNSHINE 131,406
Christina (Sep '13) 1 hr shortcake 26
Breaking News Wes Whitehead and WoodyGate 3 hr want to know 28
Snapchat girls comment your username 5 hr 100-inthebitch 2
skynard grubb 6 hr skynard grubb 15
School board Race Thu Wayne the pain 27

Freeze Watch for Clay County was issued at October 31 at 5:33AM EDT

Manchester Dating
Find my Match

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester