JUST FOR FUN

Mount Vernon, KY

#1 Sep 29, 2007
Dr Becknell passed away this morning at 1am at the manchester memorial hospital. He was 96yrs old. Please pray for the family.
his_mamma

London, KY

#2 Sep 29, 2007
seriously?
JUST FOR FUN

Mount Vernon, KY

#3 Sep 29, 2007
Yes, i would'nt joke about that. They got him to memorial and started to take him to icu and he started throwing up and pasted away, please pray for Nancy and the family.
bck thn

Corbin, KY

#4 Sep 29, 2007
My prayers go out to this family.
his_mamma

London, KY

#5 Sep 29, 2007
He touched a lot of lives... This is very sad news... Prayers for the family will be sent up...
BLACK EYE PEAS

Middlesboro, KY

#6 Sep 29, 2007
HE FORGOT MORE ABOUT BEING DR. THAN SOME WILL EVER KNOW.
cruiser

London, KY

#7 Sep 29, 2007
one of the finest gentlemen i have ever had the pleasure of knowing.this world will not be as good without him.prayers going up for family

“Live, Love and Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

London, KY

#8 Sep 29, 2007
Prayers going up for the family. This man was my doctor as a child and teenager. He also delivered me in the old Manchester Hospital.

Mli

Since: Aug 07

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Sep 29, 2007
Sorry to hear about Dr. Becknell...prayers for the family...Would hope they would call school off and open the gym up for public service...So many people of Clay county will want to pay their respect...He was a very important person to Clay County...he has been the doctor for so many families...He delivered my second daughter...Last time I saw him was at a Thanksgiving Dinner at church before Nancy passed away...
straight up

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Oct 1, 2007
my prayers are sent out for the becknells. He was a fine man.
Gloria

AOL

#11 Oct 1, 2007
DR W.E. was a fine person as well as a outstanding doctor. Our community will miss him. My prayers go out to the family and too his friends.
DEBBIE FROM READING

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Oct 1, 2007
I went to see Dr. Becknell when I was a little girl, sorry to hear about him. He led a full life, thats for sure.
Josie

Smithland, KY

#13 Oct 1, 2007
Dr. Becknell will be at Britton's funeral home Tuesday, viewing and visitation starts at 5PM. Funeral will be at his church, Community Church, Wednesday, at 2PM. Church will be open at 11:00AM for those who still would like to come by.
Family member
kywildcatfan

Manchester, KY

#14 Oct 4, 2007
will be praying for the family
anon

Mayfield, KY

#15 Oct 4, 2007
Sure hate to hear this. He will be missed by many!
Bill

Florence, KY

#17 Jun 27, 2013
I see this post about the doctor and it reminded me of someting from back in November 1983. At the visitation of my mother I was standing at the coffin when an older gentleman walked up to me. I recognized him as Doctor Becknell who had for years been the family doctor and who had delivered me into this world. He was also the doctor who broke the news to me and Pop that my Mom was dying of cancer. After talking with the family at the coffin for a few minutes I looked in the far corner of the room and saw this man crying uncontrolably. That's what they mean by a "Family Doctor".
wombles

Flat Lick, KY

#18 Jul 1, 2013
Great Dr.
Trees

Gray, KY

#19 Jul 2, 2013
He was a good man. He did more for people and never said a word about it. He was so good to me and my mom after my dad passed.
Good Doctor

Stanford, KY

#20 Jul 2, 2013
He was a good man. To bad Manchester foes not have more doctors like him. You know in his time you never heard of doctors performing unnecessary procedures on patients for monetary gain, such as all the heart doctors at St Joes! And these same doctors lacking any compassionate toward the patients receiving these unnecessary procedures! This man truly cared for his patients

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min Billabong 161,147
Speedway gals Whoop 34 min Jus curious 1
Bridge Street filth 1 hr Ramona 10
Tisha inabnit & Leanne benge 2 hr The real sharie a... 2
Clay County Little League website (Apr '10) 10 hr hmm 8
Another Trump lie 12 hr steve ex wife 13
hottie working at McDonalds Sun maybe the girl 6

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages