2 hunters shot in clay county
Big Doug

Manchester, KY

#368 Aug 11, 2014
hate wrote:
I think they all know that they have set this man up. It don't matter how crooked clay county is. This will never be tried in clay county and clay county's corrupt arm reaches very little distance in the entire state. Everyone knows how stupid some are. As far as disrespecting the man who died goes, if he was a decent person as all describe him to be then framing and pinning this on the wrong man is disrespectful to him. In a sense it has disscrased him so I guess they can all pat themselves on the back and congratulate themselves for that, real pals there. Glad I don't have pals like that. If they were more than neanderthals working this then they would actually go after the one who killed them. Admit their mistake at first and go on, find the killer and get them out of the woods. Jmo
Agree. The heat is on and somebody has to be arrested or the public is gonna be all over them. Its horrible for the family who lost their loved one, as well as for the one who lost an eye and the trauma for the 3rd man. I cant help but believe it was a horrible accident, yes one that should have never happened. However, knowing Dwight, I know without a doubt he would've never left those fellas, and no consequences would have entered his mind, only their lives would have. He would render help to anyone he could. He is not the person they are portraying him to be.
By_Stander_Doe

Mount Vernon, KY

#369 Aug 13, 2014
I agree with so many of you that someone wanted an old-school courthouse steps hanging with the noose landing on the first G-I-n-JOE that came along in my opinion. What part of that is going to bring the young man back home to his family? My opinion you all think it will erase everything that happened that God awful morning and it's not going to happen.

M.O , if he had been the loving father, husband and more then his priorities were taking their place in the wrong direction. If you are going to get married , have children then be exactly that instead of putting your boyish games first and family last . Sure nothing wrong with hunting or other sports but it is my understanding this particular sport has gotten way out of control. If you are going to leave your family at home for hunting at least let it be for putting food on the table not another brag badge for your sleeve.

Very sad when accidents as this happen asking if the bragging rights were worth the ante? Sorry if anyone is offended , that's just my opinion on bad choice parenting led to a terrible accident. Who pays the price now? Innocent people falling victim also just as innocent families having to move forward imo.
truth

London, KY

#370 Aug 14, 2014
By_Stander_Doe wrote:
I agree with so many of you that someone wanted an old-school courthouse steps hanging with the noose landing on the first G-I-n-JOE that came along in my opinion. What part of that is going to bring the young man back home to his family? My opinion you all think it will erase everything that happened that God awful morning and it's not going to happen.
M.O , if he had been the loving father, husband and more then his priorities were taking their place in the wrong direction. If you are going to get married , have children then be exactly that instead of putting your boyish games first and family last . Sure nothing wrong with hunting or other sports but it is my understanding this particular sport has gotten way out of control. If you are going to leave your family at home for hunting at least let it be for putting food on the table not another brag badge for your sleeve.
Very sad when accidents as this happen asking if the bragging rights were worth the ante? Sorry if anyone is offended , that's just my opinion on bad choice parenting led to a terrible accident. Who pays the price now? Innocent people falling victim also just as innocent families having to move forward imo.
Your such a p.o.s. the sorry sob shot one of the good ones. Dewight has had his run thru fogertown an he has ran across everyone's farms an shot his share of everyone's game an everyone knows it. Sounds like the pipers been paid. About time is all I say. Just my opinion!
By_Stander_Doe

Mount Vernon, KY

#371 Aug 14, 2014
What are you implying ? Run?? Does that mean they are allowed so many hours in the woods ? Geez how long id your plan of running? Fact here is in my opinion the Griffit boy dropped the ball on marriage and parenting, it is obvious so now you all are trying to justify his childish choices. If his love and loyalty was rock solid then he would have chosen to be with tfhm pm the the other hand
.
truth

London, KY

#372 Aug 16, 2014
By_Standeyoure wrote:
What are you implying ? Run?? Does that mean they are allowed so many hours in the woods ? Geez how long id your plan of running? Fact here is in my opinion the Griffit boy dropped the ball on marriage and parenting, it is obvious so now you all are trying to justify his childish choices. If his love and loyalty was rock solid then he would have chosen to be with tfhm pm the the other hand
.
Bet they hang him an your opinion as well referto last mmessage! P.O.S.
wildcat

Middlesboro, KY

#373 Aug 17, 2014
Dwight is a wonderful man who is going to pay the price for another criminals wrong doing it is a damn shame.
someone who knows

London, KY

#374 Aug 17, 2014
I know most of the police and such from clay county. I can say they can't detect their as*ses with both hands. I don't believe Dwight shot anyone. They just need a fall guy to protect the truth. Someone needs to take the fall so the family and community can fell like "Justice" is served. Anyone who knows anything about Clay County knows how it works. Its sad that the boy was shot. Its even more sad that they are now trying to convict anyone they can. My opinion, it was an accident...not murder as they are trying to convict someone for. Either way, I hope the REAL TRUTH comes out because right now its all smoke and mirrors.
truth

Eubank, KY

#375 Aug 17, 2014
someone who knows wrote:
I know most of the police and such from clay county. I can say they can't detect their as*ses with both hands. I don't believe Dwight shot anyone. They just need a fall guy to protect the truth. Someone needs to take the fall so the family and community can fell like "Justice" is served. Anyone who knows anything about Clay County knows how it works. Its sad that the boy was shot. Its even more sad that they are now trying to convict anyone they can. My opinion, it was an accident...not murder as they are trying to convict someone for. Either way, I hope the REAL TRUTH comes out because right now its all smoke and mirrors.
Agree with most of what you said. There is no justice. One good man is dead an another man is going to prison. Not sure how anyone can call this justice. When there is justice someone gains some I think!
Irrational

Manchester, KY

#376 Aug 18, 2014
By_Stander_Doe wrote:
I agree with so many of you that someone wanted an old-school courthouse steps hanging with the noose landing on the first G-I-n-JOE that came along in my opinion. What part of that is going to bring the young man back home to his family? My opinion you all think it will erase everything that happened that God awful morning and it's not going to happen.
M.O , if he had been the loving father, husband and more then his priorities were taking their place in the wrong direction. If you are going to get married , have children then be exactly that instead of putting your boyish games first and family last . Sure nothing wrong with hunting or other sports but it is my understanding this particular sport has gotten way out of control. If you are going to leave your family at home for hunting at least let it be for putting food on the table not another brag badge for your sleeve.
Very sad when accidents as this happen asking if the bragging rights were worth the ante? Sorry if anyone is offended , that's just my opinion on bad choice parenting led to a terrible accident. Who pays the price now? Innocent people falling victim also just as innocent families having to move forward imo.
Really?! Seriously?! I can not believe that you would try to justify someone of being a bad husband and father because he wants to hunt! Regardless of whether he kills it for food or just as a hobby in which he just enjoys makes him no less of a person, man, husband or father! and if he gets a good one, by all means he should be proud! I am all for people having their own opinion but some need to be well thought through and sometimes even kept to themselves!
my opinion

Flat Lick, KY

#377 Aug 19, 2014
a lot of people on here sound very confident that Dwight didn't do the shooting. So confident that it seems some of you know or have an idea who did do the shooting. I've heard it could have been Dwights son and It was an accident and Dwight is just takin the blame for his son. Of course Dwight would be in trouble either way because a kid that young is not allowed to have possession of a weapon without close supervision. If it wasn't Dwight, and it wasn't the kid, who are some other possible suspects? Id like to see the truth come out about this no matter who did it. I'm sure brains entire family feels the same way. To those of you attacking brains family life because he took a hunting trip, you are going to reap every bit of evil you sow as well. Men go to work everyday and leave their children and wives at home. Men go to war. Men go to hunt. Sometimes men go on private outings with their friends and something terrible happens and they don't get to come back home and see their true loves. How many of you typing have never taken your family or your life for granted?
Big Doug

London, KY

#378 Aug 25, 2014
my opinion wrote:
a lot of people on here sound very confident that Dwight didn't do the shooting. So confident that it seems some of you know or have an idea who did do the shooting. I've heard it could have been Dwights son and It was an accident and Dwight is just takin the blame for his son. Of course Dwight would be in trouble either way because a kid that young is not allowed to have possession of a weapon without close supervision. If it wasn't Dwight, and it wasn't the kid, who are some other possible suspects? Id like to see the truth come out about this no matter who did it. I'm sure brains entire family feels the same way. To those of you attacking brains family life because he took a hunting trip, you are going to reap every bit of evil you sow as well. Men go to work everyday and leave their children and wives at home. Men go to war. Men go to hunt. Sometimes men go on private outings with their friends and something terrible happens and they don't get to come back home and see their true loves. How many of you typing have never taken your family or your life for granted?
What people need to do is stop listening to hear say and pray that whoever really did this has the courage to come forward, otherwise the guilt of walking away from that scene is going to haunt them til the day they die. Accidents happen & I do believe had this happened someplace besides Clay Co this person may have been more likely to have already come forward, however in Clay Co, they know, accident or not, the law is Clay Co style......I do know Brians family and my heart breaks for them. A great son, father, husband has been lost. But grasping at straws with no real evidence to put an innocent man away for something he didnt do is not going to bring this wonderful man back, and that wont solve anything either---no matter how many like or dislike Dwight.
smoking gun

London, KY

#379 Aug 27, 2014
If he done it or not I'm going to say he gets very little to no time, it will be hard to have enough evidence to convict him of manslaughter, you better have hard core evidence and a smoking gun to convict a man of the crime and that's something they don't have, yes some evidence but not the smoking gun so I say he gets very little time.
Big Doug

London, KY

#380 Aug 28, 2014
smoking gun wrote:
If he done it or not I'm going to say he gets very little to no time, it will be hard to have enough evidence to convict him of manslaughter, you better have hard core evidence and a smoking gun to convict a man of the crime and that's something they don't have, yes some evidence but not the smoking gun so I say he gets very little time.
Just seems to me that from the start this one individual has been the only one looked at. What about the mention of the limping person or even the 3rd man? Just seems odd that a man is labeled guilty for going to where the helicopter is. Is it not common in a small community for people to go see where an ambulance went when one goes by their home? Come on, many do that, whether it be out of concern or just plain being nosey...doesnt mean they caused a heart attack or an accident.
8338 verry

Brownsville, TN

#381 Dec 1, 2014
i belive they got dna. off his sunglasses
billy wagers redbird

Harlan, KY

#382 Dec 3, 2014
Bang bang!!! pew pew
educated much

Annville, KY

#383 Dec 4, 2014
8338 verry wrote:
i belive they got dna. off his sunglasses
That is not true. There is absolutely no evidence. None, other than grand jury testimony from fools who can't even keep their lies strait in the testimony, not to mention they always appear ( expecually behind a camera) to be mildly to moderately retarded. Also, the detective on the case already got fired from the state police for being dishonest in other cases. I'll go ahead point out the big purple elephant in the room, how on earth are they still holding a man prisoner? He is on house. Is that not false imprisonment? I can not fathom the thought that anyone would want someone innocent charged and not ever know the guilty party. That's not closure at all, only clay in county does this happen.
The Ghost of clay past

Annville, KY

#384 Feb 4, 2016
For real wrote:
Dwight Hughes is a murderer and a coward. Enough said. I pray justice is served but knowing Clay County he could possibly walk, but that is ok because everyone knows what a scum sucking low life he is. It IS going to get VERY interesting when it finally comes to trial !
So whom are you Sir? Madam? That you know this man is in fact a murderier? And a coward? One could deduce your factual statement as to a fact that perhaps you seen with your own two eyes the accounts and happenings of said murder. So come on, out with your name. I would like to have tea with you at your most frequent concurrence. We shall discuss the interesting thing you seem perplexed about.
The Ghost of clay past

Annville, KY

#385 Feb 4, 2016
educated much wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true. There is absolutely no evidence. None, other than grand jury testimony from fools who can't even keep their lies strait in the testimony, not to mention they always appear ( expecually behind a camera) to be mildly to moderately retarded. Also, the detective on the case already got fired from the state police for being dishonest in other cases. I'll go ahead point out the big purple elephant in the room, how on earth are they still holding a man prisoner? He is on house. Is that not false imprisonment? I can not fathom the thought that anyone would want someone innocent charged and not ever know the guilty party. That's not closure at all, only clay in county does this happen.
Mr Educated much, dandy name. Your argument is while rather written in anger, the facts stated seem true. I like you teacher, perhaps coffee after the next court case.
The Ghost of clay past

Annville, KY

#386 Feb 4, 2016
Concerned wrote:
Everyone should check the news: Dwight Hughes has been formally charged.....
And presumed innocent, I know you left that out there pal. Have a wonderful night, I hope mother has a better day tomorrow. Wish her well for me.
The Ghost of clay past

Annville, KY

#387 Feb 6, 2016
Big Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
What people need to do is stop listening to hear say and pray that whoever really did this has the courage to come forward, otherwise the guilt of walking away from that scene is going to haunt them til the day they die. Accidents happen & I do believe had this happened someplace besides Clay Co this person may have been more likely to have already come forward, however in Clay Co, they know, accident or not, the law is Clay Co style......I do know Brians family and my heart breaks for them. A great son, father, husband has been lost. But grasping at straws with no real evidence to put an innocent man away for something he didnt do is not going to bring this wonderful man back, and that wont solve anything either---no matter how many like or dislike Dwight.
In the county of occurrence and the half whit joke of the new venue, they already started with the jury tapering in Jackson county with their own newspaper. Dwight has excellent attorneys as well as a very dark shadow lurking behind him. What's that saying, hell fire could rain down in clay county again. Some of these so called evidence gathers ( CSI) better hold their britches up or completely drop them. Jmo Jack

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr North Mountain 156,580
Billy joe 3 hr Henson 1
Spurgeon Sizemore (Jan '14) 13 hr Reagel 17
Johnny Holland (Apr '12) 17 hr retspih 24
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 17 hr hot dog 755
Vida blue sizemore Tue zootopia 5
Who was found dead on ham holler? Dec 5 Dont Know 8

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages