food pantry near the old use to be li...

food pantry near the old use to be light house....

Posted in the Manchester Forum

concern

Manchester, KY

#1 Jan 30, 2013
walmart gave them 10000 dollars to help them and you are post to go there and get help well all the help you get there are dogs they give you one can of cranberrysauce and green beans and one bag of macaronies and think you can eat a meal from that omg people wake up they give you a little of nothing while they keep there good food for themselves like spagetti and things like that it makes me sick how they give you nothing and they keep the good food for there selves i will never understand how people can do that and the woman up there she treats you like a dog like it is coming out of her pocket and it is not but let a person got money coming in there and she will give them alot doges is what that place is and god is not of that people need to stand up for what is right when they are getting alot of help like they get still letting the food ruin they need to give it to people that need it..it makes me so sick to my stomach need a change
Truth

London, KY

#2 Jan 31, 2013
A-men.....yep what hsppen to 10,000 from walmart?most of the food people get from outbof state when that big truck comes that says feed the hungry.
SWK

Princeton, IL

#3 Jan 31, 2013
I think this matter really needs looked into because a lot of times people that get stamps barely get by so someone needs to really check in on this!!'
I know

West Milton, OH

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Some Kids at Hacker get a goodie bag of food on Thursday since they don't go to school on Friday.
Good thing

London, KY

#6 Jan 31, 2013
I know wrote:
Some Kids at Hacker get a goodie bag of food on Thursday since they don't go to school on Friday.
That is a really good thing... Proud of the People who sponsor it.God will Bless you all.
You can not please people

East Bernstadt, KY

#7 Jan 31, 2013
That truck that comes there that says feed the hungry is not free they get grants and stuff to pay for that food I have helped give the food out and you get what is brought on the truck they dived it up into 150 boxes AND ITS FREE TO YOU ungrateful people If I was you that are complaining I would not take the food from there that will show them
Honey combs

United States

#8 Feb 2, 2013
You can not please people wrote:
That truck that comes there that says feed the hungry is not free they get grants and stuff to pay for that food I have helped give the food out and you get what is brought on the truck they dived it up into 150 boxes AND ITS FREE TO YOU ungrateful people If I was you that are complaining I would not take the food from there that will show them
No one is complaining about the truck so glad it comes because it helps feed my sister.her food stamps only last two weeks..i think the local grocery stores should help with that program. The groceries are sooo high they rob people charging a war price.

Since: Oct 12

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Feb 2, 2013
Groceries and other necessities do cost so very much. It is very expensive to feed and provide for oneself and ones family these days. It requires making wise and sometimes a little unpleasant decisions in how to spend the resources we have. Cell phone or gas in our car? Satellite tv or better clothes for our children? Cigarettes or save a few dollars for a rainy day? Work a 2nd job for 15 extra hours per week or spend those hours on Internet or gaming?
A lot of the folks who get the food at the pantry are truly doing the best they can to get by. God help them. Others, however, use the pantry as just another handout, relying on someone else to provide for their needs and wants. These are the people who complain about being given free food.:). THE PANTRY IS DOING A GREAT WORK!!!
Court watcher

United States

#10 Feb 2, 2013
Peace at last wrote:
Groceries and other necessities do cost so very much. It is very expensive to feed and provide for oneself and ones family these days. It requires making wise and sometimes a little unpleasant decisions in how to spend the resources we have. Cell phone or gas in our car? Satellite tv or better clothes for our children? Cigarettes or save a few dollars for a rainy day? Work a 2nd job for 15 extra hours per week or spend those hours on Internet or gaming?
A lot of the folks who get the food at the pantry are truly doing the best they can to get by. God help them. Others, however, use the pantry as just another handout, relying on someone else to provide for their needs and wants. These are the people who complain about being given free food.:). THE PANTRY IS DOING A GREAT WORK!!!
I know people who go get groceries diwn there and dont need them all they are doing is knocking someone else out that really need them.
You can not please people

London, KY

#11 Feb 3, 2013
My post was for the ones complaining about what they get from there. and for the ones saying that the pantry keeps the good stuff and GIVES them what is left And thats not true they give what they get from the truck. But I have been there and people will say as they are going through the line to get there free food IS THIS ALL WE GET I am just saying Thank God
that he put it in there heart to help the needy
face facts

Somerset, KY

#12 Feb 3, 2013
I have never used the place you all talking about(thank God) so i can not say what they do, but fact is they will be low life people that will go there that don't need it. If i was them i ask all the local churches for most churches knows ones in need to give them a list of families that are in need and when someone showed up i ask for proof of income, with internet and other technology in use today its easy to check out people that do scam . Its just like with the heat assistances program i know they people they get help there that dang well don't need it.
Hungry child

United States

#13 Feb 3, 2013
Im thankful for the food pantry.Its sure help me when I was in need.some people dont know what its like to struggle every month.Thank God for the food pantry.ths ones complaining are probably the ones that stop at Mike's to acco barn selling pop.then people buy foodstamps there are taking food from some hungry child Im sorry but the people buying are no different than the parent causing kids to go hungry.and to the other people buying someone's foodstamps when you sit down to eat you need to tell yourself that you took food from some child and while youre eating steak some child is going hungry
sad but true

Manchester, KY

#14 Feb 3, 2013
Hungry child wrote:
Im thankful for the food pantry.Its sure help me when I was in need.some people dont know what its like to struggle every month.Thank God for the food pantry.ths ones complaining are probably the ones that stop at Mike's to acco barn selling pop.then people buy foodstamps there are taking food from some hungry child Im sorry but the people buying are no different than the parent causing kids to go hungry.and to the other people buying someone's foodstamps when you sit down to eat you need to tell yourself that you took food from some child and while youre eating steak some child is going hungry
but either way they child wasnt going to get it anyways the nasty parents would just find somone else to buy them its sad but true
gatorfan

Williamsburg, KY

#15 Feb 3, 2013
well the way i look at it if people would stop going to the stores iga,save-a-lot and buying pop with there stamps and then running to certain stations and selling it for cash, then you would not have a bunch of people running to these pantries getting free food or acting like they dont have any food for their kids if they would buy food with there food stamps, i think these pantries should be to help people that cant get or dont food stamps.
highway robbery

Middlesboro, KY

#16 Feb 3, 2013
people need to go to london wal mart or kroger to buy there groceries because iga and save a lot are just to high go in iga and look at the prices it is unreal highway robbery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Crafts Tattoos? (Jan '12) 18 min Bob 33
Anyone wanna hook up tonight 1 hr Loaderman 21
who is beautiful blonde waitress at Mexican res... 2 hr interested 4
Billy Joe Henson 4 hr someone 12
Janel Hoskins (Dec '12) 6 hr Rpg3 26
Whatever happened to Vicky mills 6 hr hello 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 hr I believe 148,165
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages