Is Samantha Roark really that good of...

Is Samantha Roark really that good of a singer

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
pickels

Somerset, KY

#1 Oct 23, 2007
i think seh is ........
jennifer

London, KY

#2 Oct 23, 2007
yes, she most definately is
jennifer

London, KY

#3 Oct 23, 2007
oh wait, i thought you were talking about Samantha Young. she is awesome. I haven't heard the Roark girl.
concerned mom

Mount Airy, GA

#6 Oct 24, 2007
I think the kid has talent for her age. I applaud her for getting up on stage and belting them out like she does, that takes nerves of steel when you know that some people are going to put you down no matter how much talent you have..........I say "Go for your dreams and don't listen to anyone who tries to put you down"
curious

Smithland, KY

#7 Oct 24, 2007
i think samatha is a real good singer!
Skeptic

Manchester, KY

#9 Oct 24, 2007
If she went to sing for Brookes and Dunn, why isn't there a single photo? Who honestly plays on the same stage as Brookes and Dunn and doesn't get a photo? Also, people train their whole lives just so they can even get in the Olympics, but somehow she takes one of her hobbies and can fight with the BEST IN THE WORLD?!?! Point to lecture is, don't believe anything that is said about Samantha Roark, even if it is true, its not true for the reason you think it is. BTW, she use to sing beautifully but last year she totally slacked off, now she sounds terribly unextraordinary.
rodney dangerfield

Somerset, KY

#10 Oct 25, 2007
wow
Junk n da Trunk

Somerset, KY

#13 Oct 25, 2007
I have heard this little Lady sing the national anthem at Clay Co ball games and at the grade school tournament and I have seen both men and women with tears in their eyes.She sings as good as anyone and I saw her at the Chicken Festival a couple years ago and there was no one in her class and many people from the audience old and young told her she was wasting her time at this level and should be getting paid to sing. The sky is the limit for her if she wants to sing professionaly,
Junk n da Trunk

Somerset, KY

#14 Oct 25, 2007
I have heard this young Lady sing the National Anthem at Clay Co. ball games and the Grade School Tournament and I have seen tears in mens and women's eyes. I heard her sing at the Chicken Festival a few years ago with Gail Millers students I think, and she was by far the best singer there ,that day. Several men and women came from the stands and told her that she was wasting her time at this level and should be getting paid to sing. I even saw some people especially kids ask her for her autograph which I'm pretty sure I saw her give. If her voice hasn't changed for the worse I think she's as good as any female pop or country singer right now and she must be only around 17 or 18 years old I would think.
Hells Bells

Somerset, KY

#15 Oct 25, 2007
I heard her sing at the Chamber of Commerce Dinner last year at Laurel Creek. Clay Massey Bishop hosted the event and Carl Hurley was the guest speaker along with Hal Rogers and Bob Mitchell. It was an elaborate affair, black tie, tuxes and gowns, 100 bucks a seat,catered by the famous Charles Martin. The theme was A Night in Paris and it seemed so.She sang "Crazy" by Patsy Cine and you would have thought it was the Real Patsy Cline, God rest her Soul. Everyone there was stunned by her fabulous voice and Samantha received a standing ovation from the huge classy crowd (Big Republican Bucks ).This girl is the Real Deal and if she is pursuing a creer in music you better believe she will make it to the top!! Also Landon Westerfield sang and he was equally as good. What young talent we have in Clay Co. It is unreal !!!
Rocky Top

Somerset, KY

#16 Oct 25, 2007
Your Dam right she is !!!!!!!!!!
Rocky Top

Somerset, KY

#17 Oct 25, 2007
She must be good, at least somebody thiks so. Who else from Clay Co or for that matter anywhere else has sung with Brooks and Dunn in New York and Josh Turner and Brad Paisley in Hawaii in the last 4 months ? I will definitely buy her CD when it comes out and everybody in Clay Co. should to!!!
De carte

Toccoa, GA

#19 Oct 26, 2007
Not jumping on the ban wagon and agreeing with everyone else I know, but I think she sucks too.
Rocky Top

Somerset, KY

#21 Oct 28, 2007
U da Man c-dave !!! I hope Samantha Roark and Samantha Young both become famous singers. They are both beautiful and talented young ladies.BTW I just heard from a very reliable source that Samantha Roark is on the verge of signing with a Major Record Company. The deal she has at the present ,I heard, is just a temporary one and a major one is about to happen with the release of her first CD which will take place n Lexington Nov. 14 at Fayette Mall and it will be fronted by a Famous Record Label.She has been to New York and Hawaii to sing with big stars and has been to Nashville several times working on her CD and evidently this Company is very pleased and wants to add her to their fold. I sure wish her the best of luck and hope this comes true because it would be great for our little community. Also it won't be long before Samantha Young catches on with s Major Label. Best of Luck to both of these Clay Co. Girls !!!!!!!!!!
newp

Louisville, KY

#22 Oct 28, 2007
just so you know, that type of stuff is not done at fayette mall
Rocky Top

Somerset, KY

#23 Oct 28, 2007
Newp : It is if you also work for a Comp. in Lexington that is taking care of your business.
Big Blue

Somerset, KY

#24 Oct 28, 2007
Newp, Who cares where she signs at , just so she signs a contract. It wouldn't matter if it's in the Fayette Mall Parking lot or the Rupp Arena parking lot.I'm sure there will be media there where ever it's at, if its with a big time record label.
SCHOOL TEACHER

Somerset, KY

#26 Oct 28, 2007
I THINK SHE IS VERY GOOD. I HEARD HER SING CONCRETE ANGEL ONCE AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL AND IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES. SHE SOUNDED AS GOOD AS MARTINA AND I ALSO HAVE HEARD HER SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AND MY OLD KY HOME AND IT WAS FANTASTIC.
Sweet Sue

Somerset, KY

#27 Oct 28, 2007
I was at the Clay Co. Idol contest and she sang Black Velvet and it was unbelievable. How on earth she didn't win or at least finish in the top 3 is a mystery to me as well as most of the people in attendance. How ironic it will be if she becomes a Star, which could very likely happen, I've heard, but couldn't even finish in the top 3 out of 10 contestants at a contest in Manchester, but she seems like such a sweet girl I bet she could care less that she didn't win or even finish in the top 3.
Rocky Top

Somerset, KY

#28 Oct 28, 2007
I was at the Clay Co. Idol also and all the singers were good but Samantha Roark and Samantha Young were by far the best 2, but that's water under the bridge. Time now to focus on the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 42 min dumbo 142,286
back to school giveaway 58 min Info 2
messer=lice heads 3 hr Bob 1
Nicole sunmer 14 hr None of ur buisness 2
does anyone know were gary scalf is (May '08) 19 hr Billy Smith 9
ratting to the cops Mon be careful 1
Stolen property at Beech Creek apartmentst Mon Beechcreeker 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages