Teacher at Clay County Middle School ...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
The economist

London, KY

#83 Oct 22, 2012
AntiHIllbilly - Amen!
lol

Flat Lick, KY

#84 Oct 25, 2012
James & His wife both are nothing but hypocrites. My child had James for a teacher in middle school, she would come home crying everyday cause of the way he treated her. & his wife is so full of herself it's not even funny. The allens need to get away from the Clay county school board, & get away fast.
k2zx

Waynesburg, KY

#85 Nov 12, 2012
TO all of you who beleive evaloution u should read the bible and it will tell u that evalution is not true sorry thats the fact god created u end of discussion.
connor

Clifton, NJ

#86 Nov 21, 2012
i have never seen such a huge thread of ignorance in my entire life. i am utterly appalled right now. first of all we are not monkeys we are ape-like creatures. just like a lion is a cat, an iguana is a lizard, we are apes. we did not evolve from monkeys we evolved from a human like creature known as hominids, morons know them as cavemen. hominids are also known as homo sapiens and homo erectus. the reason we cannot see evolution happening right now is because it is an extremely slow process that takes millions of years. an animal never gave birth to a half species, instead what happened was a slow transition (transitional species) that took millions of years. and as for the "then why are apes still here?" argument. once again we didn't evolve from apes, but they are our closest relatives. saying "why are apes still here?" is like saying, if the British colonized America then why are there still British people in Britain?
who cares

London, KY

#87 Nov 21, 2012
IF JAMES ALLEN IS RIGHT WHY HAS MAN NOT CHANGE IN TO SOMETHING ELSE. OH THAT RIGHT HE NOT RIGHT THAT'S IS CRAZY THE SCHOOL BOARD NEEDS TO STOP THAT CRAZY STUFF. GOD MADE MAN. JUST READ THE BIBLE.
Get Real

Tampa, FL

#88 Nov 30, 2012
MinorThreat wrote:
<quoted text>
The Higgs Boson has nothing to do with Creationism. It actually disproves it if you are into quantum physics (which I am). It's the means to which "something" was created from nothing. Checkmate.
Actually the Higgs field has quite a bit to do with creationism. First of all, I didn't refer to 'Creationism' as the theoretical basis from which you inferred. You are correct in that Higgs explains how 'stuff' is created from 'no stuff'. The principle of inflation explains this quite nicely. My point is that Higgs does explain (c)reationism from that perspective, ie., how we (stuff) was created from no stuff. Being such the quantum physics person you claim to be I would think you understood this and how humans, under these principles, could be considered accidental consequences of the birth of the universe. Nice try on the checkmate though, really.
Get Real

Tampa, FL

#89 Nov 30, 2012
AntiHillbilly wrote:
Top 5 signs you are a Christian:
5. You vigorously deny the existence of hundreds of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.
4. You feel insulted and dehumanized when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.
3. You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates given by prehistoric tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing the Earth is only a couple generations old.
2. You believe the entire population of this world, with the exception of those who share your beliefs, will spend eternity in an infinite hell of suffering. Yet, you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".
1. While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics all have failed to convince you otherwise, some hillbilly rolling around on the floor "speaking in tongues" may be all the evidence you need.
LOL!!!! Couldn't agree more
Yeah Right

Atlanta, GA

#90 Nov 30, 2012
Former CCMS Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
You can think you evolved from a monkey, but I'll stick with what the Bible says. No one to this date has ever scientifically disproved any of it. You need to visit the Creation Museum along with Mr. Allen.
Yes, but at the same time, no one to this date has ever scientifically proved any of it either (referring to the Bible). This is a touchy subject, but if you want to down a teacher (of whom I don't know) because of what he is saying, at least don't treat your beliefs as facts when you can't prove yours either! I have to admit, the scientific world has more ground to stand on than the religous world, based on FACTS and what can and cannot be proven.
Yeah Right

Atlanta, GA

#91 Nov 30, 2012
AntiHillbilly wrote:
Top 5 signs you are a Christian:
5. You vigorously deny the existence of hundreds of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.
4. You feel insulted and dehumanized when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.
3. You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates given by prehistoric tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing the Earth is only a couple generations old.
2. You believe the entire population of this world, with the exception of those who share your beliefs, will spend eternity in an infinite hell of suffering. Yet, you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".
1. While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics all have failed to convince you otherwise, some hillbilly rolling around on the floor "speaking in tongues" may be all the evidence you need.
That sounds about right...hahahaha!!!!
Yeah Right

Atlanta, GA

#92 Nov 30, 2012
wake up wrote:
<quoted text>
Another perfect example of a blinded, misguided person. I would not want to be you or near you on judgement day.
You may want to take a chance and study the Bible just a little. Instead of buying an online degree. There is an old saying "we teach what we know" and you don't appear to know very much.
Blinded and misguided huh? Well, there is an old saying that I know and it goes like this. "If we teach what we know and we have been taught the wrong thing, then what good is it!" Hahaha, but seriously, you can't argue that someone doesn't know very much when you aren't basing anything on facts yourself!!
Yeah Right

Atlanta, GA

#93 Nov 30, 2012
Clarity wrote:
There seem to be several very big misconceptions/mistakes/lies going around here.
1) Confusion regarding the word "Theory". A scientific theory is a series of statements about the causal elements for observed phenomena. A critical component of a scientific theory is that it provides explanations and predictions that can in fact be tested.
A scientific theory isn't just some assumption or guess, it is a heavily substantiated body of heavily tested work describing an observed phenomena. You don't get to call something a theory unless it's been so well proven that it's silly to question it. Ex: Germ Theory of Disease, Theory of Gravity, Theory of Evolution, Cell Theory, Plate Tectonics Theory, &c.
Fact implies a capital T truth, which Science avoids asserting as Science operates under methodological naturalism and prizes falsifiability.
2) Darwin was a believer in God early in his life, but during his work he became more withdrawn in discussion of religion, and after his death publicly available letters/journals revealed that he considered himself an agnostic at death, certainly very far removed from Christianity.
3) Darwin didn't mention human evolution in On The Origin of Species, because he rushed to publish it before a competitor published a similar theory. His follow up "The Decent of Man" covered that he did indeed believe man evolved from animals, and contained his basis for this. Origin simply describes evolution by natural selection.
4) "Darwinism" has nothing to do with Science. Scientist do not study "Darwin" They study Evolution and Natural Selection. A biographer of Charles Darwin would be a "Darwinist". Please stop using this word, you sound like someone with a mental deficiency whenever you do this.
5) Evolution has only stopped for species that are extinct. Speciation is a consequence of evolution, which seems to be getting confused WITH evolution. Humans experience constant mutations in every generation (Tails, webbed fingers/toes, other things that we typically consider deformities). But due to the incredibly effective dominance asserted over the environment by Man, there hasn't really been a factor naturally selecting in favor of these mutations. Short of it is, evolution is still happening, there just hasn't been a recent human Speciation.
6) There are entire books, museums, and websites dedicated to the display of transitional fossils, that we find over and over, showing the validity of speciation. Evolution, particularly natural selection, has been proven over and over again. Simply because you don't understand what you're looking at, or worse have never bothered to look at the evidence, you don't have the ground to say that it isn't valid.
7) Someone said "Fair is fair" or something of that nature in regard to pulling evolution and creationism. This is ridiculous. One is Science and belongs in the science classroom, the other is religion and belongs in church. Evolution has been tested, proven, and demonstrated time and time again, and is falsifiable. Creationism is a blanket unprovable statement, and can't even stay consistant within the bible (Two creation stories one in Gen 1, the other in Gen 2). Discussing creationism in a Science class is the same as discussing evolution from behind the pulpit.
8) A comment about mixed mud with a puppy coming out was absurd. Evolution doesn't deal with the origin of life, merely the origin of species.
9) The vast and overwhelming majority of biologist and scientist accept the theory of evolution and natural selection. Outside of diploma mills and propaganda "creation science institutes", there is no disagreement on this.
----------
You may not like it, but at least James Allen is helping some CC children join the rest of the 21st century, even if it's too late for their families. Don't deny your kids a science education, don't deny them the awesomeness of the world.
Thank you! Very well said!!
Yeah Right

Atlanta, GA

#94 Nov 30, 2012
Yankee wrote:
I don't see how this is a problem.
There are so many CC snotgoblins not even made to attend school beyond a few short years, with their no-account podunk parents happy to cave & sign the "home schooling" papers just to shut em up; what does it matter what little they learn or don't during their brief time in the classroom?
They're just gonna grow up, swell up, sit home and fraudulently draw a government check anyway. With them only escaping and afflicting the more affluent areas of the world on rare occasions, the rest of the time holding down a couch, munching on their EBT-begotten num-nums, and selling pain pills to make trailer and 4-wheeler payments, no one in the rest of the world cares one lick whether they ever accept science or prefer instead the primitive fantasies their hick-ass kinfolk have afflicted them with.
In fact, a sudden embrace of non-mythical principles, logic and reason by the populace of CC might be too great a shock to the rest of the world! It would ruin all the hick jokes and stereotypes people enjoy when making fun of you silly suckers. So by all means, get that evil teacher out of there! He might make something of those kids, and then who would I mock and revile?
Reading on the Manchester Forum in the morning with my Starbucks is such a thing of beauty. It is like going back in time and watching a movie from the days when there was no television, telephones, or radios and everyone (except the smart ones) believed that everything their pastor told them was true. I am glad that I am not the only one in the world that has a little sense installed in their brains. Thank you for the post.:)
Mr Dooley

Flat Lick, KY

#95 Nov 30, 2012
Y'all goin' to Hell.
bobby32

Manchester, KY

#96 Nov 30, 2012
YEah I had him and he does teach it as a fact!
sister

Pineville, KY

#97 Dec 3, 2012
do you that is going to help
The Countryboy

Manchester, KY

#98 Dec 3, 2012
AntiHillbilly wrote:
When are you hillbillies going to join the modern world? Don't believe in science and just keep passing the snakes around, we'll see who is right.
is that what you think Christians do?
I don't believe in handling snakes and im a Christian, let me be tha first to tell you man that God is real! Have you ever seen a Christian get the Holy spirit? Thats not an act!
Just keep on believing in evolution, wake up son.
Evolutionist

Brodhead, KY

#99 Feb 24, 2013
https://www.google.com/search...
Believe it or not...it happens.
youguysneedalife

Lerona, WV

#100 Mar 6, 2013
Techers have a certain requirement as to what they must and must not teach. It is not his fault that the book tells him to teach your children/grand children about evolution. Anyway if they don't learn it from school they will learn it from the history chanel. They show it on television all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr whome 165,531
Beverly Sizemore 12 hr NEED TO KNOW 23
How did Leonard Henson (Cornette) die? 13 hr sister 2
Does anyone else despise Vernon Swaffard at the... 15 hr Verda Ann 2
kevin jhonson 17 hr Shelia m 13
Friends from Roller Dome-where are they now? 22 hr Looking4Oldfriend 1
Who misses the roller dome? (Sep '08) 22 hr Looking4Oldfriend 27

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance