Teacher at Clay County Middle School ...

Teacher at Clay County Middle School Teaches Evolution as FACT, Not a Theory

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Justice Seeker

Mayfield, KY

#1 Aug 12, 2012
I am very upset with james allen, an egghead science teacher at Clay County Middle School. Last week my grandchild came home very upset and crying because he was teaching evolution as a fact and not a theory. He is definitely overstepping his bounds. I don't know why this subject is even being taught at all, but if it must be taught it should not be pushed down our children's throat as a fact. I am almost sure this kid/teacher and his wife attend Greenbrier Presybeterian Church, and I know that their Pastor does not believe in evolution. I don't know of anyone on our School Board that believes in evolution, and I am sure they are not aware that this james allen is trying to force his students to believe in the evolution theory. I am in the process of asking all his students if he is telling everyone of his classes that they must believe that evolution is a fact or suffer the consequences. If I hear of any repercussions from him toward any of the students that are not willing to compromise and believe his evolution theory I will personally bring a lawsuit against him and the Clay County School Board of Education. I have already been in contact with the Christian Law Association and they told me they would be glad to represent my grandchild if this teacher persists in trying to force our children to believe the evolution theory. I have heard in the past he has treated the students that say they believe in evolution much better than the ones that do not. It has also been reported that not believing his evolution theory results in a lower grades and bad treatment in his class. This stupidity must stop now. It cannot and will not be tolerated.
Facts

Eubank, KY

#2 Aug 12, 2012
Justice Seeker wrote:
I am very upset with james allen, an egghead science teacher at Clay County Middle School. Last week my grandchild came home very upset and crying because he was teaching evolution as a fact and not a theory. He is definitely overstepping his bounds. I don't know why this subject is even being taught at all, but if it must be taught it should not be pushed down our children's throat as a fact. I am almost sure this kid/teacher and his wife attend Greenbrier Presybeterian Church, and I know that their Pastor does not believe in evolution. I don't know of anyone on our School Board that believes in evolution, and I am sure they are not aware that this james allen is trying to force his students to believe in the evolution theory. I am in the process of asking all his students if he is telling everyone of his classes that they must believe that evolution is a fact or suffer the consequences. If I hear of any repercussions from him toward any of the students that are not willing to compromise and believe his evolution theory I will personally bring a lawsuit against him and the Clay County School Board of Education. I have already been in contact with the Christian Law Association and they told me they would be glad to represent my grandchild if this teacher persists in trying to force our children to believe the evolution theory. I have heard in the past he has treated the students that say they believe in evolution much better than the ones that do not. It has also been reported that not believing his evolution theory results in a lower grades and bad treatment in his class. This stupidity must stop now. It cannot and will not be tolerated.
Thanks, it's people like you we need more of.We need teachers like they were yrs. ago. Saying the Pledge every morning & teaching children with a God fearing attitude.
Benny & the Jets

Mayfield, KY

#3 Aug 12, 2012
Justice Seeker wrote:
I agree with you. This wimp is a disgrace to our school system. How dare him force his demented beliefs on a vulnerable middle schooler. Someone needs to set this weirdo straight. If he is bold enough to do this he may be doing other things to our kids using these scare tactics also. I have heard from some of his past students that this guy is really weird. Please keep us updated on how this is progressing. I agree that it must be stopped.
Former CCMS Teacher

Mayfield, KY

#4 Aug 12, 2012
[QUOTE who="Benny & the Jets"]<quoted text>I agree with you. This wimp is a disgrace to our school system. How dare him force his demented beliefs on a vulnerable middle schooler. Someone needs to set this weirdo straight. If he is bold enough to do this he may be doing other things to our kids using these scare tactics also. I have heard from some of his past students that this guy is really weird. Please keep us updated on how this is progressing. I agree that it must be stopped.[/QUOTE]

Yes, all this is true James is a real weirdo. He thinks he can get away with anything because of his indispensable Dr. Wife. He doesn't have a single teacher friend at the school. He gets his kicks by bullying young teenage children mostly girls. He really does believe in evolution, but is afraid to discuss it with his fellow teachers, so he tries to force it down the throats of his students. The kids are so afraid not to believe. They think he will give them a bad grade if they oppose him on this. I wouldn't want my child in his class, and many others feel the same way I do.
Getaclue

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Aug 12, 2012
Justice Seeker wrote:
Evolution is a fact! Creationism is only a fantsy. Do you want children living in a fantsy land?
Piney T

East Bernstadt, KY

#6 Aug 12, 2012
Getaclue, you are partially true. Evolution is indeed true and a fact, however, the Theory of Evolution by natural selection is just a theory. A theory must be proven true to become a fact, the theory of evolution can not be proven true, that is why it remains a theory.

Same way you can not prove creationism as true, you can't prove the theory of evolution as true either. Pick a team, nobody knows who is right, nobody can prove who is wrong. No reason to throw stones.
get facts straight

Manchester, KY

#7 Aug 12, 2012
Getaclue wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution is a fact! Creationism is only a fantsy. Do you want children living in a fantsy land?
Adaptation is a fact. There is no factual evidence that any animal ever turned into another animal. Yes animals as well as plants adapt to their surroundings, but there is no proof that a dog ever turned into a cat or an ape into a man.
Former CCMS Teacher

United States

#8 Aug 12, 2012
Piney T wrote:
Getaclue, you are partially true. Evolution is indeed true and a fact, however, the Theory of Evolution by natural selection is just a theory. A theory must be proven true to become a fact, the theory of evolution can not be proven true, that is why it remains a theory.

Same way you can not prove creationism as true, you can't prove the theory of evolution as true either. Pick a team, nobody knows who is right, nobody can prove who is wrong. No reason to throw stones.
You can think you evolved from a monkey, but I'll stick with what the Bible says. No one to this date has ever scientifically disproved any of it. You need to visit the Creation Museum along with Mr. Allen.
Foolish

London, KY

#9 Aug 12, 2012
Just what do you think Reecia will do to him? Nothing, his wife runs the place or she thinks she does!!!! Deanne acts like she cares about the students, but its just a big show. She could care less about the students well being. Many years ago, my child was taking a test at school and he was in line to get some breakfast and she wouldn't let him have any food, and everyone knows that it is very important for kids eat something before a test.
got many clues

Mayfield, KY

#10 Aug 12, 2012
Getaclue wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution is a fact! Creationism is only a fantsy. Do you want children living in a fantsy land?
It's amazing how many ignorant people there are. You know very well your children did not come from a monkey.
the real facts

Mayfield, KY

#11 Aug 12, 2012
Former CCMS Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>You can think you evolved from a monkey, but I'll stick with what the Bible says. No one to this date has ever scientifically disproved any of it. You need to visit the Creation Museum along with Mr. Allen.
In a few scientific circles, Darwinism is still a widespread obsession, but this does not preclude the knowledge that its days have come to an end. All the scientific suppositions that once supported the theory have crumbled, one by one. The only reason why Darwinism is still alive is because in some scientific circles, a few fanatics still passionately espouse the materialist philosophy it's based on. The world of Darwinism resembles the Soviet Union in the second half of the 1980s, when the Communist ideology had collapsed and its suppositions had been proved wrong, but the institutions of the communist system remained in existence. The generations who had been brainwashed by communist ideology still espoused it blindly. Because of their dogmatism, the Communist system that for all practical purposes had collapsed was kept alive for a while longer. It was hoped that policies such as Glasnost and Perestroika could reform and revive it. Yet the inevitable collapse eventually took place.
not easily deceived

Mayfield, KY

#12 Aug 12, 2012
<quoted text>You can think you evolved from a monkey, but I'll stick with what the Bible says. No one to this date has ever scientifically disproved any of it. You need to visit the Creation Museum along with Mr. Allen.
Darwinism has long been defunct from the scientific point of view. It convinced some individuals for a while, but it finally became clear that it never had any real scientific foundation. The claims used in support of Darwinism over the past 150 years have all been rendered invalid. All the alleged "proofs" of evolution have been refuted, one by one. Soon, all those in the scientific community who are laboring under the delusion of such a theory will realize the truth and be astonished at how they could have been taken in. As the Swedish scientist Søren Løvtrup said, "I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest deceit in the history of science."1 For this realization to come about, all the necessary scientific data are there. All that remains is for some scientific circles to accept the fact.
Dr. Deanna

Mayfield, KY

#13 Aug 12, 2012
Foolish wrote:
Just what do you think Reecia will do to him? Nothing, his wife runs the place or she thinks she does!!!! Deanne acts like she cares about the students, but its just a big show. She could care less about the students well being. Many years ago, my child was taking a test at school and he was in line to get some breakfast and she wouldn't let him have any food, and everyone knows that it is very important for kids eat something before a test.
That's Dr. Deanna to you!!!!!!!!
AntiHillbilly

France

#14 Aug 13, 2012
When are you hillbillies going to join the modern world? Don't believe in science and just keep passing the snakes around, we'll see who is right.
Piney T

East Bernstadt, KY

#15 Aug 13, 2012
<quoted text>
You can think you evolved from a monkey, but I'll stick with what the Bible says. No one to this date has ever scientifically disproved any of it. You need to visit the Creation Museum along with Mr. Allen.
Maybe you should read what I said again, I never said I believed we evolved from monkeys. I think the problem is most people, specifically "Christians", do not know what the simple form of Evolution is, they hear evolution and automatically think people are talking about Darwins Theory.

If you don't believe in Evolution or know what it is, here you go.
Evolution is any change across successive generations in the inherited characteristics of biological populations.

Note, this is completely different than Darwins Theory...
somebody

Dexter, MO

#16 Aug 13, 2012
AntiHillbilly wrote:
When are you hillbillies going to join the modern world? Don't believe in science and just keep passing the snakes around, we'll see who is right.
id like to know where are the xtians who hae their noses in eerything going on..why dont they march downtown against this unbeliever?
coalminer

Manchester, KY

#17 Aug 13, 2012
If evolution was a fact then answer me why it stopped. IN fact if you look around it looks like evolution is in reverse in many cases, people have become like animals, killing there own kids, molesting little children, acting like animals where man on man woman on woman in sexual acts, morals a thing laughed at. As a christian i know the bible and science both agreee this earth is million of yrs old. Bible tells you of dinosaurs just like science, bible tells you of the universe like science we just got people who are ignorant and lazy who want study and learn. After many yrs underground in a mines i can tell you things you see were crerated not just come into existences through some bang theory. You are free to disagree with me thats yopur right but you who think evolution is real then show me it taking place to today something just don't start like that and just stop. The bible is alive tells you of things of the past, the present and the future if you just read and learn.
Piney T

East Bernstadt, KY

#18 Aug 13, 2012
The problem is Evolution and Creationism are not mutually exclusive. You can be a Christian and believe in evolution. You can EVEN be a Christian and believe in Darwins theory of evolution. You just have to be a little open minded, and actually think about it a little bit.

Coalminer, if you are looking for a human to turn into a monkey or a bird into a elephant, it isn't going to happen. Even today species are evolving. Examples you may ask?

Certain lizards were being killed by fire ants, as a result the lizards SLOWLY evolved/adapted to have longer hind legs. This enabled them to escape the fire ants.

Believing this does not make you an atheist or not a Christian, I know because I am a Christian myself.
AntiHillbilly

Elk Grove Village, IL

#20 Aug 13, 2012
Top 5 signs you are a Christian:

5. You vigorously deny the existence of hundreds of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.

4. You feel insulted and dehumanized when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

3. You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates given by prehistoric tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing the Earth is only a couple generations old.

2. You believe the entire population of this world, with the exception of those who share your beliefs, will spend eternity in an infinite hell of suffering. Yet, you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".

1. While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics all have failed to convince you otherwise, some hillbilly rolling around on the floor "speaking in tongues" may be all the evidence you need.
AntiHillbilly

Elk Grove Village, IL

#21 Aug 13, 2012
Anybody ever wonder why paintings of Adam and Eve show them with belly buttons?

*things that make you go hmmmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CriminalForever 156,572
Spurgeon Sizemore (Jan '14) 4 hr Reagel 17
Johnny Holland (Apr '12) 9 hr retspih 24
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 9 hr hot dog 755
Vida blue sizemore Tue zootopia 5
Who was found dead on ham holler? Dec 5 Dont Know 8
Larry Collins slacked let it all happen under h... (Feb '14) Dec 3 crazy bitch 20

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages