Pie R Squared

Nancy, KY

#144 Sep 17, 2012
Its a damn shame that we are looked at as having a "great" team, and a 3-8 season is the outlook. How big of a joke has Clay County football became?
Lets go into it, last year in grade school a 4th grader was county MVP. Taking nothing away from the boy he is a great player, but how can this happen with all the holdbacks and things? Pitiful.
Next, middle school, they are canceling games right and left. How do we expect to improve if we dont play? And they let players that dont lift weights and miss when they want to be the main guys. That could be the reason, their star RB got took out in the first or second game, that or he is just soft because he was running around the highschool game friday and looked fine.
Now to the highschool guys, they are more worried about the "party life" than football. They think they are seen as "big shots" running around, after a 1-9 season last year and a fair prediction of a 3-8 season this year. They are underachievers. They had numerous guys in my opinion that could have played college ball. Now the only college level talent is years away, and if they keep Wolfe at end they are hurting his chances. Wolfe is a great safety, just dont have the body for end.
But in the end, it all comes back to the coaches. The kids run the plays that are called they have to, and if Carr isnt getting 50% of the touches I dont see how we can win.
Pie R Squared

Nancy, KY

#145 Sep 17, 2012
Need to correct myself, I said Carr need 50% of the touches. We need him to get about 70%. How did he do last year on 40-50 carries in one game at Lex-Cath?
Opinion

Somerset, KY

#146 Sep 17, 2012
We have talent on the team, they are sitting on the bench while teachers kids, politians kids, friends of the coaches kids and the whose who are playing. Wes Wolfe is not ready to be a first string player. We got beat at homecoming because of beginners mistakes. The Lytle boy and Wolfe are freshman, they are not ready to play with the big boys (yet). All the Napiers are going to accomplish is getting one of those outstanding young men hurt before they gain the experience to compete at their full potential. Lester Collett is ready, he can make a difference in the line. Hyde didn't play at his level of ability. Maybe this was his way of sending a message to Coach E. We have 2 starters that has been suspended and Coach E decided to replace them with a freshman. A tatic that is childish and I guess he was sending a message to Mrs. Samples of let the 2 play or we will have another losing season. Wolfe doesn't have the body strength to play in his position. One hard hit and that young man will be hurt and possibly end his chance of competing in any sport. The Napiers are sacrificing the win for favors and lessons and for this reason, one has to question the coaching staff's ability to be successful. Nobody likes losing and no college looks at players from a losing team, this reflects badly on every player on the team. The middle school 8th graders need coaching as well as the junior varsity team. These young men gain experience by playing but losing only discourages them. If you have never watched a middle school or junior varsity game, go watch and you will see the lack of coaching. If you are a parent of a child who wants to play football, take your child to another school or be a teacher, politician, coach, bus driver or any position employeed by the board. The parents could coach a better game than the junior varsity coaches. The starting lineup is a joke. It is obvious to even the unknowledgeable onlookers that the coaches don't care if they lose. Get politics and favors out of our football club and let the talented play for the victory. Where's the petition to have the Napiers sent packing? I would gladly sign it. No I am not a parent of a player, I am a uncle to a kid who is far from being a outstanding player. He will never be in the starting lineup but we are proud of him for busting his a$$ and trying. My opinion is not fueled by jealousy and I do not think my nephew should have playing time. I would like to see Tiger football be a team that is respected and have a record that is not embarrassing to the club. If the fans stop coming, the money stops flowing and that should get Mrs. Samples attention.
Sweetie

Sheridan, AR

#147 Sep 17, 2012
There are 6-8 players on the team who are related to "teachers, politicians, or friends of the coaches"! Stop playing that pitiful excuse. It doesn't work!! There are approximately 60 players on the team. Out of those 6-8 players, about 3 have played every game. So, try again! What's another excuse? Let's hear it.
football

London, KY

#148 Sep 17, 2012
@ Opinion....CC didn't get beat because of mistakes by "beginners"....2 interceptions and the "muffed" punt was by players that played last year and have experience...so much for your idea....WC came into the game 1-2 but the 2 loses they had were to 2 of the best teams in the state....CC could have and should have won the game but mistakes were made and regardless of who made them, you can't beat a very good team making those type of mistakes. WC scored TD's on all 3 of those mistakes....that's 21 points...take those mistakes away and CC wins the game...Wes Wolfe wasn't playing DE Friday night....he was playing Safety and supporting the run defense....ever heard of a 4-4 PRESS defense???? apparently not or you would have recognized the defense they were running and figured out why Wolfe was close to the LOS.
no doubt

Maysville, KY

#149 Sep 17, 2012
supporting the run defense? what was he doing? cheering em on? is that why he was so close? clays coaches cant have a guy in the game thats just there for support for the other guys thats what cheerleading is for in my opinion.
Thompson - Square

London, KY

#150 Sep 17, 2012
is there any of you willing 2 come out from behind those laptops and do something about the situation or are just going 2 whine about it , plain & simple that these coaches are kissing sum serious a$$ and showing favortism and i asked a question & no one answered '' what kid quit the team ? I wanna know ! There is civil rights 4 these kids i don't care if the coaches are kin 2 Obama , believe me i know ..when talent gets benched and they throw jokes on the field ..There is something that can be done about it that will be way over '' The Napiers head ''! You all need 2 learn sum legal matters not all on the school board are crooked , just MOST !
Thompson - Square

London, KY

#151 Sep 17, 2012
The Napier's may end up on the cheerleading team with pom poms yet when all is said & done ! It takes u the Parents of these players 2 start that petition ( create one ) don't have 2 be fancy or anything , Raise sum Noise these people are abusing their positions & look back '' say that was Wayne saying he was kin 2 the board - what a joke - know more than u do Wayne - Try me ! I am advising em how 2 get your butt kicked from the staff all it takes is sum '' effort '' from these parents , need i refresh your memory when u was merely a '' School Bus Driver '' & during that time u got accused of messing with a underage girl - hello - ring any bells 2 ya ?? I know you well , have all my life , know all about you !
Pie R Squared

Nancy, KY

#153 Sep 18, 2012
football wrote:
@ Opinion....CC didn't get beat because of mistakes by "beginners"....2 interceptions and the "muffed" punt was by players that played last year and have experience...so much for your idea....WC came into the game 1-2 but the 2 loses they had were to 2 of the best teams in the state....CC could have and should have won the game but mistakes were made and regardless of who made them, you can't beat a very good team making those type of mistakes. WC scored TD's on all 3 of those mistakes....that's 21 points...take those mistakes away and CC wins the game...Wes Wolfe wasn't playing DE Friday night....he was playing Safety and supporting the run defense....ever heard of a 4-4 PRESS defense???? apparently not or you would have recognized the defense they were running and figured out why Wolfe was close to the LOS.
I read in the paper once that they was looking at Wolfe at D-end. Garrison was safety. Wolfe was at end probably 90% of the snaps. And, if you are going to talk mistakes, we had 4 turnover that I can remember maybe more. How many did WC have? How many fumbles have we had in past games also? How many turnovers have our opponents had? If our coaches can teach a "PRESS" defense, why arent they teaching how to carry the ball? Apparently ball control isnt a factor or you would have already mentioned that right?
Pie R Squared

Nancy, KY

#154 Sep 18, 2012
Here is a stat for you. Carr has rushed for 708 yards on 71 carries thru 5 games. Thats and average of 9.97 yards per carry on 14 carries per game. How can we win when our best player is averaging 14 touches per game?
Dan Marino

Corbin, KY

#155 Sep 18, 2012
football wrote:
@ Opinion....CC didn't get beat because of mistakes by "beginners"....2 interceptions and the "muffed" punt was by players that played last year and have experience...so much for your idea....WC came into the game 1-2 but the 2 loses they had were to 2 of the best teams in the state....CC could have and should have won the game but mistakes were made and regardless of who made them, you can't beat a very good team making those type of mistakes. WC scored TD's on all 3 of those mistakes....that's 21 points...take those mistakes away and CC wins the game...Wes Wolfe wasn't playing DE Friday night....he was playing Safety and supporting the run defense....ever heard of a 4-4 PRESS defense???? apparently not or you would have recognized the defense they were running and figured out why Wolfe was close to the LOS.
You do know bell county isn't even ranked in the top 25 right? So idk why your claiming that Russell and Bell are top teams at all. Superior to Clay? Sure, but top in state not even close.
Cake R Round

Corbin, KY

#156 Sep 18, 2012
Just my opinion,but I think Tyler lyttle is the most talented freshman that we have had on our team since the Shaun Pennington era.That boy is a one man wrecking crew he needs the ball in his hands ,he can flat out run people over.
The Rugu

Maysville, KY

#157 Sep 18, 2012
He's good but he's no hyde. IMO
Tiger Supporter

London, KY

#158 Sep 18, 2012
Our team is made up of a great group of kids excited to play. We should only support them.
Grow up

Nancy, KY

#159 Sep 18, 2012
Cake R Round wrote:
Just my opinion,but I think Tyler lyttle is the most talented freshman that we have had on our team since the Shaun Pennington era.That boy is a one man wrecking crew he needs the ball in his hands ,he can flat out run people over.
Better freshman than Carr last year? You freshman parents on here complaining about JV time and now this are making a joke of yourselves and your children. Wolfe is the ONLY freshman with ANY business on the field. If you all freshman group was so great why is it you all lost so many games last year? They may make great players down the road but right now they are not even close to the players that start varsity. Except for Wolfe.
GiveMeaBreak

London, KY

#160 Sep 18, 2012
NONE of the freshman are experienced enough to be on the varsity field and I repeat, NONE are experienced enough to be on the varsity field. Wes Wolfe is good but he lacks experience and he has no business being out there with experienced players. It was NOT from lack of talent these freshman lost last year, it was lack of coaching. All these freshman WILL BE great players when they gain experience. The coaching staff does NOT care if Wes Wolfe or any other freshman gets injured. I believe faithfully that Wes Wolfe should stay with basketball, that is where he will excel. I am not insulting these boys, I am saying what everybody knows to be true. Wes, if you are reading this, don't risk a possible career in basketball for a football team that cannot win because of the coaching staff. It is not worth the risk. As for the Lytle boy, he must have a proud parent that toots his horn. Nothing wrong with that but keep it real. He does not and will never compare to Hyde.
seriously

London, KY

#162 Sep 18, 2012
Lyttle is not a great player. Maybe one day, but not now and not for awhile. The last JV game at Corbin, he dropped the football 3 or 4 times. He has no business playing for Varsity right now. Good way to get momma's little baby injured.
abc

Ripley, TN

#163 Sep 19, 2012
Carr is a great player but he can't have the ball every time the reason he is racking up yardage is because the other team doesn't know when he's getting the ball. If you give it to him every time the other team will key on him and his yardage will go to about 2 yards a carry.

As for freshman, if you have a strong program no freshman should ever expect to start, maybe one out of 100 but that's it. a 14 or 15 year old freshman has no chance against a 19 year old senior all your looking to do is get the freshman hurt. Anyone who thinks differently is retarded.

As for the CCHS Coaching staff, the kids seem to love them, they are playing really hard for them, if we'd had E last year we'd won more games than we did last year. This is the hardest hitting team Clay has had in several years.

We need to get the holdback rule the board has in pace changed back, our kids are a full year younger than most of the opponents we play. Our seniors are for the most part 17 and 18 where Knox Central seniors are 18 and 19. Ye sit makes a ton of differance
Def

Corbin, KY

#164 Sep 19, 2012
abc wrote:
Carr is a great player but he can't have the ball every time the reason he is racking up yardage is because the other team doesn't know when he's getting the ball. If you give it to him every time the other team will key on him and his yardage will go to about 2 yards a carry.
As for freshman, if you have a strong program no freshman should ever expect to start, maybe one out of 100 but that's it. a 14 or 15 year old freshman has no chance against a 19 year old senior all your looking to do is get the freshman hurt. Anyone who thinks differently is retarded.
As for the CCHS Coaching staff, the kids seem to love them, they are playing really hard for them, if we'd had E last year we'd won more games than we did last year. This is the hardest hitting team Clay has had in several years
We need to get the holdback rule the board has in pace changed back, our kids are a full year younger than most of the opponents we play. Our seniors are for the most part 17 and 18 where Knox Central seniors are 18 and 19. Ye sit makes a ton of differance
Your a moron , this team hits like a middle school team, you obviously haven't watched CCHS football in the past. Furthermore you say a freshman can't play? Are you stupid I guess the redskins shouldn't play rg3 cause he's a rookie, I guess new Orleans shouldnt play Davis either. If freshman don't play when their freshman than their gna be freshman and just as inexperienced when their sophomores. The best kids need to be on the field point blank period regardless of age, grade, who their parents are or experience . Sounds to me like some of the parents are jealous because the younger kids are better than their kids.
Pie R Squared

Nancy, KY

#165 Sep 19, 2012
abc wrote:
Carr is a great player but he can't have the ball every time the reason he is racking up yardage is because the other team doesn't know when he's getting the ball. If you give it to him every time the other team will key on him and his yardage will go to about 2 yards a carry.
As for freshman, if you have a strong program no freshman should ever expect to start, maybe one out of 100 but that's it. a 14 or 15 year old freshman has no chance against a 19 year old senior all your looking to do is get the freshman hurt. Anyone who thinks differently is retarded.
As for the CCHS Coaching staff, the kids seem to love them, they are playing really hard for them, if we'd had E last year we'd won more games than we did last year. This is the hardest hitting team Clay has had in several years.
We need to get the holdback rule the board has in pace changed back, our kids are a full year younger than most of the opponents we play. Our seniors are for the most part 17 and 18 where Knox Central seniors are 18 and 19. Ye sit makes a ton of differance
Carr averaged around 8 yards a carry vs Lex Cath on 40-50 carries in 1 game last year, and they are a powerhouse program with a great coaching staff. What I am saying is, how can a player of his stature get the ball so little?
Also, freshman can compete. Wolfe is deserves to be starting on D. He has had INTs and fumble returns for TDs. He is the best playmaker Clay has on D. And, Whitleys freshman, Mills, looked better than their senior Bryant.
And, the age/holdback rule is pathetic. We have as many 18/19 year olds as anybody else. Most the seniors, that play, are 19 or will turn so soon. We have sophmores that have been driving to practice for 6 months, that makes them on the verge of being 17. So, as seniors that will make them 19.
Quit making excuses for these boys, time for them to buckle down and finish their senior year. It can be great if they play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pop 32 min walkers 8
liquor world 46 min Wes 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Athenesword 136,635
Did sherman Hubbard robb a church in mancheste... 5 hr whatashame 3
Police in Clay County 6 hr gomer 22
another pop bust 7 hr Jonathon brumley 1
who wrecked 4 lane 7 hr Lucky 4
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]