7th and 8th graders going back to gra...

7th and 8th graders going back to grade school what do you think.. good idea?

Created by school on Sep 2, 2012

266 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

i dont know

BJP

Ripley, TN

#1 Sep 3, 2012
Best thing that could happen. Can you imagine how insane the Elem football-Basketball seasons is going to be.
newgirl

Tiptonville, TN

#2 Sep 3, 2012
Football !!!

The middle school just received at $30 million grant targeted toward student college and career prep. Elementary schools never even get looked at when it comes to those types of educational incentives and all you're worried about is basketball season.

Completely unbelievable!
u will c

Brownsville, TN

#3 Sep 3, 2012
Im not just worried about basketball.........but you wait and c what i have told you.....go mark it down somewere....
Concerned

Vilonia, AR

#4 Sep 4, 2012
REALLY???? You think they are just going to up and leave buildings that were recently updated and go back to the elementary schools where there is not enough space??? Not gonna happen. I would like to know about that 30 million dollar grant they got and wonder why the Manchester Surprise didnt say a word about it. Wouldnt that be a major development????
concerned too

Brownsville, TN

#5 Sep 4, 2012
yes REALLY? they were there before, why is it different...difference is...we have less students now than we did then....lord how mercy.....30 million dollar grant? wow...that would buuild all new elementary schools and have money left over...you sure thats the correct amount? if so, i am worried...
young

Tiptonville, TN

#6 Sep 4, 2012
This $30 million federal grant is divided between your middle school, Jackson County Middle and one more out of district middle school. Based on population Clay's share would more likely be around $20 million, still a significant amount.
Sourly

Corbin, KY

#7 Sep 4, 2012
How much will recee keep, 19.7 mill? And then split the rest with board members?
Best Idea

London, KY

#8 Sep 5, 2012
This shouldn't ever been done in the first place. The only bad thing is the staff loosing their jobs. But as far as the kids, it's great. Because mostly when a child gets to middle school, they have this hilareous idea that they are matured to the point of them knowing it all and parents, school teachers are just plain dumb.
And sometimes the students get into bad trouble, really not knowing the extent, or the damage done to their bodies, such as drugs, smoking, tatoos,alchol and sex leaving them with a rep. of a slut and an addict.
Kids done better before this middle attitude happened. In such a small community, we just don't need this. Let the kids mature alittle before throwing them to the wolves.

I'm not saying that all kids behave in this matter but the majority does...and it's such ashame.

This is my opinion only. But, I'm sure their would more against this situation than in favor of it...

Sounds2Me

Tiptonville, TN

#9 Sep 5, 2012
Best Idea wrote:
Because mostly when a child gets to middle school, they have this hilareous idea that they are matured to the point of them knowing it all and parents, school teachers are just plain dumb.
If that's the case then it sounds to me like the parents and the elementary schools aren't doing their jobs. The better idea would probably be to move the sixth grade to the middle school.
flesh eater

Bays, KY

#10 Sep 5, 2012
Wow, with comments like these no wonder people look down on kentucky. What a bunch of retards.
OH NO

Corbin, KY

#11 Sep 8, 2012
I don't think it's a good idea at all for 7th & 8th graders to be put back in Ele. Schools that's just crazy
crazy

Somerset, KY

#12 Sep 8, 2012
To think a step back is progress
bad idea

London, KY

#13 Sep 9, 2012
I ready think it is a bad idea. i think they should move the six graders to middle school with the 7th and 8th.
yes

Somerset, KY

#14 Sep 10, 2012
bad idea wrote:
I ready think it is a bad idea. i think they should move the six graders to middle school with the 7th and 8th.
I agree!
girl

Manchester, KY

#15 Sep 22, 2012
Hmm don't know about that
yep

Tiptonville, TN

#16 Sep 22, 2012
bad idea
Gatorface

United States

#17 Sep 27, 2012
I think they should leave the stuff alone if you ask my opinion its just stupid they should not do nothing but I think they should get iPads in schools if the middle school got that big of a grant so that is what I think

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beverly Sizemore 49 min NEED TO KNOW 23
How did Leonard Henson (Cornette) die? 1 hr sister 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr usa 165,522
Does anyone else despise Vernon Swaffard at the... 3 hr Verda Ann 2
kevin jhonson 5 hr Shelia m 13
Friends from Roller Dome-where are they now? 10 hr Looking4Oldfriend 1
Who misses the roller dome? (Sep '08) 10 hr Looking4Oldfriend 27

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance