First Prev
of 3
Next Last
water park

London, KY

#1 May 21, 2008
I think the new water park is amazing.. but the sad part is it's for children 12 and under.
warm_ky_rain

Hopkinsville, KY

#2 May 21, 2008
where is this water park in London?....
voter

Somerset, KY

#3 May 22, 2008
the water park on town branch is wonderful i went by there yesterday and the water was running it was some pretty thank you carmen

“YHWH prevails Rev 20:10”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 May 23, 2008
The money spent on that could have been put to better use in my opinion.

Clay Co. doesn't need a kiddie water park. It needs business. They need to build some decent buildings, or renovate the standing ones, and get some decent parking space downtown. Maybe businesses would come if the place looked better?
WOW

Cincinnati, OH

#6 May 23, 2008
voter wrote:
the water park on town branch is wonderful i went by there yesterday and the water was running it was some pretty thank you carmen
Curious if there's going to be a charge for using this water park.
tell me

London, KY

#7 May 23, 2008
i agree i think we needed a water park like we need a hole in the head she needs to realize everyone doesnt have money like her we work every day and barely traveling to london to our jobs because there is no jobs in this county she is no better than white in my opinion they have money and the hell with everyone else
tell it

Brodhead, KY

#9 May 23, 2008
A water park that cost the tax payers $100,000.00
to Carmen's uncle and company . I am sure a huge kickback went to her.

manchester ky

#10 May 23, 2008
There is No cost for the water park it's for kids that can't afford to pay and there has not been a age setting yet but there will be one....it open's Saturday @ 11:00 the ribbon cutting.. it's really not that big but i'm sure it will make alot of kids happy i think the mayor done a good think and the rv camping ground aleast she is doing the things she said she would do what did doug white ever do for clay county NOTHING so to carmen thanks for keeping your word and doing something for clay county
parent

London, KY

#11 May 24, 2008
who in the world is going to let their children go to a place that will not let their parents watch over them???? 12 and under, come on, no adults allowed, thats ridiculous!!!!! Tell me, who is going to watch all these children, did they hire a babysitter for all these 12 and under kids????? SOMEBODY needs to be there to watch them, are they going to let all these kids run around playing in water unsupervised????? I can see it now, drive down town branch and about 10 or 15 two year olds running up and down the street, because believe me, there will be alot of parents who will LOVE to drop their kids off at this free summertime daycare!!!
Willis Wade Ledford

Lexington, KY

#12 May 24, 2008
stupid that don,t mean you can,t watch your keds it means adults can, play in it ,
parent

London, KY

#15 May 24, 2008
Willis Wade Ledford wrote:
stupid that don,t mean you can,t watch your keds it means adults can, play in it ,
Lets all hope that Mr. Ledford wont be the one running this fine new facility, cause if he reads like he spells, ITS GONNA BE A REAL FREE FOR ALL with him!!!

manchester ky

#17 May 24, 2008
They have Rules and yes somone has to be there at all time watching there kids the age group is for teen kids and adult from running all over the kids trying to play that is the only reason for it and so far there is no age set it's for anyone but if the bigger kids trying misses the stuff up they will be setting a age limit....well it was the frist day today and i heard the bathrooms was in a mess if people want to keep it looking good they have to make there kids go by the rules it is no pet allowed but someone brought a pet anyways i guess some people can't read or just don't care ,,,,,,,,,,
goody2shoes

Liberty, KY

#18 May 24, 2008
the water park was another payoff to first national bank to bail out another bad loan in support of uncle jimmy. The golf course $500,000 bailout bad loan at first national bank, the park $150,000 bail out and the lease of $1,500 a month for downtown city hall,with option to purchase for $500,000. the building was sold to first national for $150,000. Our hard earned tax dollars hard at working taking care of all those relatives and friends at first national bank. Keep up the good work, maybe first national will put the mayor and city council on the payroll.
right

Hopkinsville, KY

#19 May 24, 2008
AMEN I AGREE.
come on

Hazard, KY

#21 May 25, 2008
if what you are saying is true, that would mean that the greers supported carmen as mayor
Citizen

London, KY

#23 May 25, 2008
come on wrote:
if what you are saying is true, that would mean that the greers supported carmen as mayor
What would be wrong with that ?

Since: Feb 08

London, KY

#24 May 25, 2008
goody2shoes wrote:
the water park was another payoff to first national bank to bail out another bad loan in support of uncle jimmy. The golf course $500,000 bailout bad loan at first national bank, the park $150,000 bail out and the lease of $1,500 a month for downtown city hall,with option to purchase for $500,000. the building was sold to first national for $150,000. Our hard earned tax dollars hard at working taking care of all those relatives and friends at first national bank. Keep up the good work, maybe first national will put the mayor and city council on the payroll.
Garbage, pure garbage. What in the world would it take to please a person like you. I can see why a lot of our officials just throw up their hands, nothing pleases some people.
Why don't you run for office and then we can see what you can do. Leave Carmen alone. She will make mistakes, but at least she is trying.
sid

Dahlonega, GA

#25 May 25, 2008
agreed, the waterpark is a wonderful idea.. but where are the adult things? adult enjoy having fun as well
Waterhorse

London, KY

#26 May 25, 2008
I drove by the water park on Town Branch Road and it looks really nice. I wonder how much this cost the City of Manchester and wonder who was the contractor that got the job. I didn't see this job advertised in the Manchester Enterprise, as the City is suppose to receive bids and accepts the lowest bid. Check the records and see if this was done.
Willis Wade Ledford

London, KY

#27 May 26, 2008
you all gripe over everything what does it matter who done you all say there is nothing for the keds now there is a good place for them to play and you all are still satisfied the mayor is doing a good job so let her alone you jelious pricks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Ren 174,972
Cherry picking time,, trees blooming frogs are... 4 hr Marlboro Man 2
Marlboro man won drag queen show in lexington ky 4 hr Marlboro Man 8
Meth 4 hr Xbestie 19
who will be the next jailer and sherif//and cou... 4 hr John boy 8
Hoochie why dont you love me? 5 hr Ahahahaha 26
Executive judge 5 hr new man 22

Manchester Jobs

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages