Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147278 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

spaceship

Roseville, CA

#135654 Aug 10, 2014
Viking wrote:
God wins. You lose.. Get over it. Next.
Yahweh aka Jesus lost, Yazidi Christians bury alive in Iraq. Yazidi babies having their heads cut off, christian women taken as sex slaves and men and boys killed. Your God is not their for them. Yahweh has giving them over for death and humiliation.

Oh, I get it. YAA, 70 and chinwendu1 say they are not Christians.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#135655 Aug 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How does life come from non life?
Is it like a cake recipe? Just knowing the right amount of Ingredients to add and the right timing In adding them?
According to the scriptures life came out of a stick. The only book I know of that claims life came from non-lfe. What book of science claims that?
My personal thoughts of the origins of life are yet to be defined by the knowledge that mankind has. In other words I don't think it's magical tales and evil spells from some ancient way of thinking .
Did you know that when the telephone was invented many people would not use it. They thought it was the work of Satan . Voices coming out of a machine?My point is Bible thumpers feel more comfortable with what they know ,and if they don't understand it or it goes against what the Bible says it can't be possible .
Do you think there could possibly be more than what our human minds can comprehend ? Quite possibly another dimension of time and space that has properties outside of our periodic table ?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135656 Aug 10, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Yahweh aka Jesus lost, Yazidi Christians bury alive in Iraq. Yazidi babies having their heads cut off, christian women taken as sex slaves and men and boys killed. Your God is not their for them. Yahweh has giving them over for death and humiliation.
Oh, I get it. YAA, 70 and chinwendu1 say they are not Christians.
Man's inhumanity against man is not strictly a religious issue, but religion has always been a popular excuse for it.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135657 Aug 10, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about a simpleton understanding... You seem to still think that life,consciousness and intelligence happened in a flash... Life started when it started without either consciousness or what we would call intelligence... Would you consider a bacterium conscious, a virus or just the basic rna strain that first divided ... or the first time a few amino acid molecules assembled into a protein... Consciousness happened at some point when there was a brain developed to the point that what we call consciousness forms and then develop to the point that we would call it intelligence.... As evidenced in this thread some would argue that intelligence is still a variable....
Well , thank you for clarifying with facts how life,consciousness and intelligence originated.
Let me see now, Life started when it started,,,Got it....
Consciousness happened at some point when there was a brain developed to the point that what we call consciousness forms and then develop to the point that we would call it intelligence. Got it......
Sounds very much like a magical miracle.....
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#135658 Aug 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Man's inhumanity against man is not strictly a religious issue, but religion has always been a popular excuse for it.
True, and fox news.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135659 Aug 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you think there could possibly be more than what our human minds can comprehend ? Quite possibly another dimension of time and space that has properties outside of our periodic table ?
Justice,what you aresaying sounds much like the techings of Our Lord.
John 3:11-12 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen; but you do not receive our testimony. If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
AllofOneBlood

Cave City, KY

#135660 Aug 10, 2014
All the Universe at one time was smaller than a single Atom, there's no way all those animals fit on One Boat. Noah was just a man made story. All things are possible with God.
AllofOneBlood

Cave City, KY

#135661 Aug 10, 2014
Sometimes we only see what we want to see. Nothing or None of us are here by our own making. Where then did we come from? That decision is up to your faith in nothing, or something.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135662 Aug 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
De Duve did not say " Information never happens apart from intelligence..." Heinz (a YEC) did.
Creatard sources are notorious for twisting what actual science says... but then, so are you.
Enlighten us,illucid one,what did De duve say.

You still mow your lawn with a snowplow?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#135663 Aug 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that Bush had used that excuse for war in Iraq.

Former President George Bush explained to then-President of France Jacques Chirac that the Biblical creatures Gog and Magog were at work in the Mid-East and must be defeated. It appears that Bush told Chirac that invasion of Iraq was willed by God in order to usher in the "end times."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/05/26/7356...
AllofOneBlood

Cave City, KY

#135664 Aug 10, 2014
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#135665 Aug 10, 2014
Viking wrote:
God wins. You lose.. Get over it. Next.
The Christians are not asking for God to help them in Iraq. Christians are asking for American boots on the ground and air power to protect them.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135666 Aug 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
De Duve did not say " Information never happens apart from intelligence..." Heinz (a YEC) did.
Creatard sources are notorious for twisting what actual science says... but then, so are you.
You are a deviant atheist bent on defending your baseless faith by devious tactics..
You failed to address the isssues posed amd instead diverted to make a false claim for which you provide no evidence.

You still combing your bald head with a wire brush?
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135667 Aug 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
From a Christian discussion forum.....
"There was an unfortunate fight that broke out in the back of my new church last weekend. The dispute was over the pregnancy of a young girl who was legitimately raped (Deuteronomy 22:28-29) by a young man in the congregation. The young man's father was trying to pay the appropriate amount to the girl's father, but her mother was not having it. She reached over and grabbed the young man by his seed bearing jewels, and brought him to his knees.
Fortunately, God's Word contains the lessons we need to help these good Christian folks. God inspired men like Moses to write into law a way to mediate these kinds of moral grey areas with the wisdom of the Holy Spirit.
So, we cut off the wife's hand according to Deuteronomy 25:11, and we were in the process of marrying the happy couple when the police showed up. We tried to explain that we were just exercising our religious freedom, but now we're sitting in the police station while they trump up some charges.
Christian persecution is real my friends. We need to stand together now or our Christian nation will crumble under the moral corruption of a society that disrespects God's Holy Word."
You are one of the reasons why I am opposed to legalizing medical marihuana.
Look at what it has done to your malnourished mind.

The munchies are not helping you one bit, due to the fact that all you feed your mind has no nutritional value
SNYB

Manchester, KY

#135668 Aug 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close.
Yes, it is.

(according to the scientific hypothesis of G Lamaitre` and other BB theorists anyway)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135669 Aug 10, 2014
AllofOneBlood wrote:
Sometimes we only see what we want to see. Nothing or None of us are here by our own making. Where then did we come from? That decision is up to your faith in nothing, or something.
So if someone believes we are made from unicorn poop, that is as valid as demonstrable evidence because it is their faith. That's bullcrap.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135670 Aug 10, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlighten us,illucid one,what did De duve say.
You still mow your lawn with a snowplow?
"In all modern organisms, DNA contains in encrypted form the instructions for the manufacture of proteins. More specifically, encoded within DNA is the exact order in which amino acids, selected at each step from 20 distinct varieties should be strung together to form all of the organism’s proteins.”

That does not translate to "an anthropomorphic supernatural deity did it" unless you are half brain dead or incorrigibly dishonest.

I live in Florida. Why would I need a snowplow?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135671 Aug 10, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is.
(according to the scientific hypothesis of G Lamaitre` and other BB theorists anyway)
"Because they can" is not a reason for churches to establish schools. It doesn't make any difference how stubborn, stupid or silly you want to be about it.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135672 Aug 10, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
WOWWEE First you had an affinity toward Moses ,could not stop mentioning his name.
Now, everyone who debates you has a strawman argument.
You better go growl at that poster of the scarecrow from the wizard of Oz that you keep near your bedside.
You still on that narcissistic and arrogant mode where you have self proclaimed yourself as one whose logic is incomparable and can not be debated?
HOGWASH////////// LOL
Whatanincompoop
Seems debating straw men is the tactic preferred by Christians here. You clearly cannot debate what I say, so you trot out Stack and someone you call Duket to debate. Oh, and your constant insults do not help you at all.
AAA

United States

#135673 Aug 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 7:9-12
How does a piece of wood turn into a snake ?
You find a plausible explanation for that.
The connection between a dinosaur and a bird are real.
So you want to try and force the faith you have that a T-Rex turned into a chicken on students????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Jo??? 41 min Michael 15
terry brumley is he true to his wife??? (May '10) 1 hr Wondering 10
House Enterprise 2 hr Friend 1
Does anyone remember? 2 hr LAS 3
Beech creek apartments 2 hr Friend 3
any know anything about Todd Sester?? (Sep '13) 2 hr Saint Todd 15
hot chick 4 hr Lighthouse 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages