Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149916 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126454 Mar 17, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You bother me, that's not the same as causing anxiety . Like usual your inflating things .
Tell me why you're so interested in Atheism . Do you find yourself obsessing because you have doubts about Christianity ?
Oh No , This is the big one LOL
Duket has made the same exact inane allegations when confronted with issues he can not deal with.......
Don't tell me , I would not have guessed....Tell me it isn't true
Whodathunkit
BTW I have no doubts about God or Christianity.....Long before Science concluded that the Universe was created , the bible told us so
Whatever begins to exist has a cause

1)Either the Universe came into being by Chance

2) Or was created by Laws,However ,laws have no intelligence ,life or consciousness , therefore,lack the necessary means to bring things into existence

3) The most plausible explanation is ID GOD

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#126455 Mar 17, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
Long before Science concluded that the Universe was created , the bible told us so
1) Science never concluded that.

2) The Bible also tells us that the Earth is flat and covered by a dome that has the Sun, Moon, and stars stuck in it.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126457 Mar 17, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Seems maybe religion has artificially selected the humans who will give them their goods and remain believers. Through extermination of non believers and those who do not give up wealth to the church they have changed natural selection of evolution.
Instincts can evolve, naturally or through man made manipulation. Anyone can see this in our domestic animals. Just look at how a dogs instincts have changed from that of the wolf. This is man made change.
Note how religion urges breeding in large numbers. This does increase the numbers of believers.
That possibility is ugly to the bone.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#126458 Mar 17, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Science never concluded that.
2) The Bible also tells us that the Earth is flat and covered by a dome that has the Sun, Moon, and stars stuck in it.
Science rules

Religion drools

Cambridge, UK

#126459 Mar 17, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
3) The most plausible explanation is ID GOD
Everyone knows the creator was Pangu. He emerged from the Cosmic Egg wherein the principles of Yin and Yang became balanced.

Pangu created the earth and sky such that they were joined together. However, Pangu then spent the next 18,000 years pushing earth and sky apart at a rate of ten feet per day.

The evidence for this is what we are told in the Sanwu Liji

Cambridge, UK

#126460 Mar 17, 2014
Actually, it could have bee Ymir who was born from poison and frost. Ymir who suckled the great cow Audumla.

From Audumla was born Buri, who fathered Borr, who fathered Odin, Vili and Ve.

Borr's sons slew Ymir and created the earth from his body.

Ask and Embla were the first man and woman and they were created from an Ash tree and elm tree respectively.

The evidence for this is in the Eddas

Cambridge, UK

#126461 Mar 17, 2014
Silly me.

In the beginning it was just darkness, Vishnu and a giant cobra in whose coils Vishnu slept.

When Vishnu awoke he created Brahma from a lotus and Brahma went on to create everything else.

Yes, that's it.

The evidence is in the Vedas

Cambridge, UK

#126462 Mar 17, 2014
Hang on

In the beginning, creation was a giant cloud. The lighter parts became heaven and the heavier parts became ocean.

From the ocean a sprout grew and became a gigantic flower and when it opened, the first god appeared.

The first god created Izanagi and his wife Izanami. Together they thrust a jewel encrusted spear into the ocean and when they pulled it up, out popped the islands of Japan.

Izanagi and Izanami descended to Japan and used it for a base to create the rest of the world.

That must be true and there is evidence of this in the Kojiki

Cambridge, UK

#126463 Mar 17, 2014
Wait a minute - here's another.

This time God created the world in six days.

He started with the day and night, then the sky, sea and earth, then the sun, moon and stars.

Then the animals and then Adam the first man. Later on he created the first woman from Adam's rib.

The evidence for this is found in Genesis.

Cambridge, UK

#126464 Mar 17, 2014
That's what religion says about the creation of our universe

Now what about science?
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126465 Mar 17, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows the creator was Pangu. He emerged from the Cosmic Egg wherein the principles of Yin and Yang became balanced.
Pangu created the earth and sky such that they were joined together. However, Pangu then spent the next 18,000 years pushing earth and sky apart at a rate of ten feet per day.
The evidence for this is what we are told in the Sanwu Liji
That must be the belief held by those Atheists who believe in Gods, If that is what your SanWu Liji tells you, proceed with caution....
Mental retaedation must run rampant in your family genes.
keep it up and you will Ying Yang yourself into an asylum,where you can keep company with Witchetty/ Justice/Duket and other incorrigible miscreants LOL
The British are coming,The British are coming, they are being chased by the American militia and are running for their lives

Cambridge, UK

#126466 Mar 17, 2014
The universe was most likely created by some kind of big bang approximately 13.5 billion years ago.

The Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, having been born through accretion in the solar nebula and eventually cooling and acquiring an atmosphere.

Life on Earth progresses and evolved from primitive organisms to increasingly complex species through mutation and natural selection.

Hominds branched off from apes around 3 - 5 million years ago with modern man making an appearance around 250,000 years ago.

The evidence for this:

Radiometric dating, Hubble's Law, observations of cosmic background radiation, primordial nucleosynthesis, distribution and morphology of galaxies, theory of general relativity, genetics and phylogenetics, heredity, hybridisation, microevolution, the fossil record, comparative sequencealignment, vestigal and homologous structures, acquired antibiotic and pesticide resistance, geographic distribution and correlation, island biogeography, etc, etc, etc.
ummmm

Wilmington, DE

#126467 Mar 17, 2014
smh---- and you have the nerve to call people backwords.

Cambridge, UK

#126468 Mar 17, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
That must be the belief held by those Atheists who believe in Gods, If that is what your SanWu Liji tells you, proceed with caution....
Mental retaedation must run rampant in your family genes.
keep it up and you will Ying Yang yourself into an asylum,where you can keep company with Witchetty/ Justice/Duket and other incorrigible miscreants LOL
The British are coming,The British are coming, they are being chased by the American militia and are running for their lives
It's easy to reduce you to a jibbering wreck, tota;;y incapable of refuting me.

As for the myth in the Sanwu Liji and indeed those other examples I gave....

They serve to demonstrate that your creation myth is no more likely than theirs and that their source of evidence is just as real as yours.

Of course, the explanation from science buries them all.

By the way, you shouldn't have admitted to me that you don't know much about history. You're wasting your breath.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#126469 Mar 17, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
I saw a woman in the per say woods she was being held captive by some hanious individual or individuals. She had her hands behind her back so tied and she was on a bed, half starved and she was being excersed and punished for being her.
She was gaunt and very distressed, I felt sorry for her and wished someone would set her free but I know these Kentucky type people hateful in their scorn and uncaring to a fault.
This poor lady was dying and being unceramoneously punished in the oddest fashion known to man. Like a lot of disturbed people they have a great deal to complain about but this lady was severely neglected and maltreaded.
I have seen pictures on tv of people so ill and abused but not to this visions extent, yet there are those who would trade places with her to set themselves free of their own hell for whatever they are experiencing.
I prayed for her and those like that. I think thats all I can do since i am uncertain of where she was at the time.
Those who judge ....Shall be judged .Find that in your Bible . Your apostolic rants taught you nothing . I love Kentucky and the people . Did you know that's the Bible Belt region? You might educate yourself before you spew hatred .
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126470 Mar 17, 2014
Khatru wrote:
The universe was most likely created by some kind of big bang approximately 13.5 billion years ago.
The Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, having been born through accretion in the solar nebula and eventually cooling and acquiring an atmosphere.
Life on Earth progresses and evolved from primitive organisms to increasingly complex species through mutation and natural selection.
Hominds branched off from apes around 3 - 5 million years ago with modern man making an appearance around 250,000 years ago.
The evidence for this:
Radiometric dating, Hubble's Law, observations of cosmic background radiation, primordial nucleosynthesis, distribution and morphology of galaxies, theory of general relativity, genetics and phylogenetics, heredity, hybridisation, microevolution, the fossil record, comparative sequencealignment, vestigal and homologous structures, acquired antibiotic and pesticide resistance, geographic distribution and correlation, island biogeography, etc, etc, etc.
Well , your faulty foundation is based on a "MOST LIKELY"which Science is not able to explain or account for.
Then you go on to, Life on earth progresses and evolves, Faulty,faulty ,faulty
No where do you state how life may have originated. You intentionally avoid addressing that issue because you have no plausible explanation and neither does Science.
Therfore KABOOOOMMMM, your whole theory blows up in your face.
Take that nonsense before a court of law and you will be disbarrred , held in contempt and sentenced to 3 consecutive lifetimes in a mental asylum..........
Those are the benefits provided by your faith
Believe It

Louisville, KY

#126471 Mar 17, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , your faulty foundation is based on a "MOST LIKELY"which Science is not able to explain or account for.
Then you go on to, Life on earth progresses and evolves, Faulty,faulty ,faulty
No where do you state how life may have originated. You intentionally avoid addressing that issue because you have no plausible explanation and neither does Science.
Therfore KABOOOOMMMM, your whole theory blows up in your face.
Take that nonsense before a court of law and you will be disbarrred , held in contempt and sentenced to 3 consecutive lifetimes in a mental asylum..........
Those are the benefits provided by your faith
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-arel/cosmos...
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126472 Mar 17, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to reduce you to a jibbering wreck, tota;;y incapable of refuting me.
As for the myth in the Sanwu Liji and indeed those other examples I gave....
They serve to demonstrate that your creation myth is no more likely than theirs and that their source of evidence is just as real as yours.
Of course, the explanation from science buries them all.
By the way, you shouldn't have admitted to me that you don't know much about history. You're wasting your breath.
I am not here to refute your ignorance , I merely point it out for all to see , Or at least,to those that can see.
The topic under discussion is ,The fact that , alarge organization of Atheists filed a lawsuit where they claim that the Cross has caused them to be afflicted by many maladies.
Afrr ter days of discussing the issue , The Atheists on this website have thrown in the towel by their failure to disprove what their Atheist members claimed.
unable to disprove that confession,the Atheists have had to resort to their infamous and scurrilous tactics D I C S.
Your futile attempts to deny reality are not working.. I will stay on subject.
Once again , Can anyone explain why a group of Atheists are claiming that the Cross is causing them all these unwanted maladies?
If you are going to again,run from the question and hide in the toilet , then do the honorable thing Jump in the bowl and flush yourself..........
ummmm

Wilmington, DE

#126473 Mar 17, 2014
ummmm wrote:
smh---- and you have the nerve to call people backwords.
quit calling my house and asking about my brother I haven't been to your house for years or called -- I gave you the number call yourself.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126474 Mar 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right... you are opposed to the the Let's Move program because it is a corrupt and evil cause that prohibits art appreciation. 0.o
So, why would you want to open the gates for low life ghetto gutter backwoods holler sicko psycho nutcase non/anti-intellectual extremists to be authorized to preach their flavor of the day megafatburger ultrasized meal deal religion in schools again?
Wrong, and I wouldn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beech Creek Apartments 47 min Former 6
missing..searching for angela smith aka too-too 9 hr Anita hand 9
Tim Lawson 16 hr Okok 4
Beve Begley 16 hr Itchythreadgood 2
The Jackaons What Is Going On With Them 18 hr Sister Wives 16
James Honchell 23 hr Thirty 4
Suzanna Gray Thu Suzannahater 4

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance