Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
118,801 - 118,820 of 130,536 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#124557 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
@The_Box
ISAIAH 40: 22
It Is He Who Sits Above
The Sphere Of Earth,
Its Inhabitants Like
Grasshoppers, Who
Stretches The Heavens...
1600 Hundred Years before proven the Earth was Round
Notice how he also mentions stretching the heavens
(expansion of the universe, also not or could've been known)
So No, it was not their belief the earth was flat!!
So you think the author was not talking of the spiritual heaven being stretched with more inhabitants?
And if you do not, explain to me just how the author would know what you think he knows? Do you think a god whispered the info into his ear?
You guys love to call things "metaphors" until you find it convenient to use a line to claim some knowledge that could not be known.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124558 Feb 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Morowitz did make calculations,as have others . I understand that you feel compelled to defend your baseless faith at any cost , therefore you must arbitrarily dismiss that whick makes sense ,. You have no choice ,regardless of how implausible ,improbable and impossible your theories are.
I see that you did not challenge the validity of the statements made by Einsteins ,Hawkins or Hoyle .
What Morowitz calculations showed were the tremendously high improbability that life arose by chance , Case closed..........
Get out of the spin zone and get back into the real world.
And don't forget ,accidents are not creating agents , they aRE DESTRUCTIVE EVENTS.
Not sure what you even feel is an accident. And your absolute claim about them is ludicrous.

And if you think we are going to refute every cherry picked quote you post, you must be insane. It is pointless as you do not even listen, much less address our answers.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124559 Feb 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Duket , In your delusional world ,when someone refutes your opinions , in your twisted mind , you interpret that as a confirmation of what you believe.
In reality , they are confirming that you are wrong.
And you have the unmitigated gall to have judged your parents as being delusional.....LOL
If they are , you most certainly inherited that defect and you demonstrate it continuously.
Although , I personally believe you are delusional due to your ignorance
So you feel delusional thinking is genetic? Strange.

Now if you could only show what I am ignorant of instead of throwing around baseless claims like the typical fundie.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124560 Feb 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop playing dodgeball ,it's a sissified sport.....
I have asked that question inumerable times , still no response ,just evasive answers.
I don't need for you to write a book ,one paragraph will do.
I did not need to write a book in posing the questions nor do I require you to write a book as a response.
You are either able to defend your faith or you are not....
Choice is yours......No excuses accepted
BTW Don't feel bad , You are not alone in your inability to address those issued.
All I have heard from you and Q is that energy has always existed , which answers nothiung
Well the question typically is shorter than the answers silly, and you wrote several paragraphs of questions.
Condensing full books into one paragraph is no easy task.
I know you are comfortable with the short answer (goddidit) but I do not go for such simpleton ways.
It took you about a year to register my feelings about there being no nothing, so moving forward will likely take another year. Hopefully you will start listening for a change instead of babbling and rambling on and on.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#124561 Feb 19, 2014
The main Problem wrote:
Ha...congrats to you, Monsterkiller, because I'm willing to bet that, other than me, you're probably the only other person in Kentucky who has actually READ the Satanic Bible....and now people are gonna call us "Devil worshippers" because they have no idea what the Satanic Bible is actually about, i.e. the worship of ONE'S SELF, and taking PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and being your OWN God. Good book, but LaVey could have marketed it better with a different title ;) One of the lines in it that I'll never forget is, "What good are friends if they can't do YOU any good?"
Congrats on having a higher desire for learning, and "not just the narrow, dogmatic view of the Jedi." ;)
so you're a satanist living in middlesboro?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124562 Feb 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU said-
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Most archeologist and historians on the subject do believe much of the bible is not so. There was no mass exodus as claimed, nor the claimed military invasion of Israel.
And I called you OUT on it.
Mostly because the Bible is NOT the only book to reference such invasion(S).
You tried to call me out on it and failed to show me wrong. Just because there have been invasions by someone, does not mean it was invaded by the Jews as the bible claims.
By your reasoning, I can make a claim of any invasion and it must be true, because every land was invaded at one point. Sorry that is the most flawed logic imaginable.
Maybe do a bit of research about my claims before you keep looking ignorant.

Note where I said "claimed military invasion". It matters. Do you know what the bible claims about the invasion? Well historians highly dispute it due to sound facts.
The bible was caught in a lie. Now maybe you think it was just a metaphor.

Location hidden

#124563 Feb 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you think the author was not talking of the spiritual heaven being stretched with more inhabitants?
And if you do not, explain to me just how the author would know what you think he knows? Do you think a god whispered the info into his ear?
You guys love to call things "metaphors" until you find it convenient to use a line to claim some knowledge that could not be known.
then you explain it dude. fk, you all holloer this and that but you can't prove a d@mn thing.. explain to me, how evolution overcomes Mendels laws of genetics? Entropy, Biogenesis? can you do that? i doubt it because science can't!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124564 Feb 19, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
By that reasoning you must have been indoctrinated into atheism
Even if I were, it still means there is no holy ghost.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124565 Feb 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooooooooooo...what'd'ya think changed so much...to have made such a HUGE difference in the levels of human communicative abilities of a couple-three thousand years ago, to the present, in comparison to 30 or 40,000 years ago of stick figure drawings, to two thousand years ago?
Some pretty good gaps in the times lines of there now.
Like was there a speshull fast ferwerd evo switch or what?
It started with simple symbols and those evolved into letters. No giant leaps I can see. BTW, if you have seen the cave drawings, they many times are far greater than stick figures. So enough with the exaggerations.
Pick up a book on the subject, or use the google.
Many if not most sociologists will agree, the advent of agriculture was the defining change. It was the cause of humans to settle. Then it quickly spurred trade, including trade of information. Thus the information explosion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124566 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> then you explain it dude. fk, you all holloer this and that but you can't prove a d@mn thing.. explain to me, how evolution overcomes Mendels laws of genetics? Entropy, Biogenesis? can you do that? i doubt it because science can't!
Nice diversion. I have yet to see you even try to refute a single thing I have said

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124567 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> BS!!!
Well you have some very articulate logic and reason showing. Did you study at Harvard?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124568 Feb 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because some form of stick figure drawing life might've existed in caves along the Cantabrian seacoast, doesn't mean people living in Judea milleniums ago, didn't exist either.
If anything it means, evolution SURE was awfully SLOW in achieving it's current it's scientific levels.
Like REALLLLLLY slow.
The exchange of information is mostly responsible for our current scientific levels. I know how you hate the exchange of information, so you get no credit.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124569 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> then you explain it dude. fk, you all holloer this and that but you can't prove a d@mn thing.. explain to me, how evolution overcomes Mendels laws of genetics? Entropy, Biogenesis? can you do that? i doubt it because science can't!
violations of genetics, SLoT, Pasteur's Law? Next thing you'll be claiming bumblebees aren't supposed to fly. Good grief, son... didn't anyone teach you better than to get suckered into believing that Ken Ham and Discovery Institute pseudoscience bullcrap? All you have to do is understand what the laws are and you can clearly recognize how they're facetiously misapplied by the LfJ creatards. I've got better things to do than hold your hand and show you how duplicitous those "arguments" are while you drag your feet, bawl and shove your fingers in your ears.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#124570 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
@The_Box
ISAIAH 40: 22
It Is He Who Sits Above
The Sphere Of Earth,
Its Inhabitants Like
Grasshoppers, Who
Stretches The Heavens...
1600 Hundred Years before proven the Earth was Round
Notice how he also mentions stretching the heavens
(expansion of the universe, also not or could've been known)
So No, it was not their belief the earth was flat!!
You're deliberately using an incorrect translation. That's dishonest.

The word used is "circle", not "sphere". A circle is a flat object like a frisbee. The Bible also makes it clear that the Earth is covered by a solid dome. I can cover a frisbee with a dome. Can you cover a soccer ball with one? Nope.

Location hidden

#124571 Feb 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Nice diversion. I have yet to see you even try to refute a single thing I have said
everything in my above comment refutes everything you ever said on here..it's not a diversion tactic, it's fact and a fact you nor science can refute, if you can, i'd really like to hear it..

Location hidden

#124572 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
How does Mendel's laws of genetics prove a problem for evolution? Or Entopy? Or "Biogenesis"?

Hint: none of them do.

Location hidden

#124573 Feb 19, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
violations of genetics, SLoT, Pasteur's Law? Next thing you'll be claiming bumblebees aren't supposed to fly. Good grief, son... didn't anyone teach you better than to get suckered into believing that Ken Ham and Discovery Institute pseudoscience bullcrap? All you have to do is understand what the laws are and you can clearly recognize how they're facetiously misapplied by the LfJ creatards. I've got better things to do than hold your hand and show you how duplicitous those "arguments" are while you drag your feet, bawl and shove your fingers in your ears.
i got plenty of time, michu KaKu was one of the scientist or whatever he is that said science can't refute it and how he would agree that elvis was alive and well in another parallel universe, now i know he is highly respected or is it that he's agreeing that you think he's a quack? it doesn't take a scientist to realize that conscious is separate from physical.. does it? that michu guy said the numbers for evolution to be fact was astronomically impossible, greater than 10 to the 50th power, he said anything over that is impossible, not to mention that number itself..

Location hidden

#124574 Feb 19, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You're deliberately using an incorrect translation. That's dishonest.
The word used is "circle", not "sphere". A circle is a flat object like a frisbee. The Bible also makes it clear that the Earth is covered by a solid dome. I can cover a frisbee with a dome. Can you cover a soccer ball with one? Nope.
the ancient Hebrew translation of globe or circle is sphere. i have been busy this morn looking at different translations in different text..globe was mentioned a couple times along with circle in different ancient text

Location hidden

#124575 Feb 19, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
How does Mendel's laws of genetics prove a problem for evolution? Or Entopy? Or "Biogenesis"?
Hint: none of them do.
The laws of genetics would prevent an animal from evolving to one to the next, the DNA of each species is what it is, it's a program unique to it's own. not changing from one to the other. Genetic complexity, specified complexity, law of information systems, how does evolution overcome that?

Location hidden

#124576 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> the ancient Hebrew translation of globe or circle is sphere.
You are lying. The Hebrew word used is "chug", which means circle. It is based on a root word that means to draw a circle. This is undeniably FLAT.

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/2328.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min Darth Tater 1,453
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Owl 81,598
pine tree needs closed for good 3 hr from dirty surfaces 4
Horny girls on skype Leave your skype name for ... 3 hr Jamshaid Raza 6
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Limbertwig 151,261
Stephen Woods 5 hr shell 31
looking for a good woman that don't do drugs 6 hr hey 2
Melanda Adams 16 hr Curious 11
You’re Screwed Now Thu Reads too much 2
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••