Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156580 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#120122 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
John the Baptist did refer to some of the Pharasees as Vipers because they knew Christ was the Messiah but refused to accept Jesus. It is a warrning you should pay attention to.
The Jewish people are the apple of God's eye. Jesus was a Jew.
Is that why Christians persecuted the Jews so much?

You talk about Christians being killed but far more Jews have been killed by Christians.

Quite simply, Christians believe that Jews murdered Jesus, It's no wonder that the Jews have been the subject of intolerance, hatred and murder since the early years of the Christian Church. This led to anti-Semitism becoming an integral part of Christian doctrine.

The demonising of the Jews can be seen in the Gospel of John.

The Church passed various laws and enactments which stripped away any rights that the Jews had. Christians accused the Jews of the most vile and evil crimes, leading to the insane idea of the "blood libel" - something so evil and twisted it could only have come from the Christian Church.

Try looking up "Host Desecration" if you want a laugh at further Christian stupidity and ignorance. We all know the cannibalistic side to those Christians who genuinely believed that the crackers they would eat transformed into the body of Jesus. Such was the level of Christian insanity that they believed the Jews would want to torture these crackers in an attempt to hurt the body of Christ.

Both the Blood Libel and the Host Desecration led to the deaths of thousands of Jews.

Didn't the Catholic Church charge the entire Jewish people with deicide? I'm sure that would have fired up even greater levels of hatred in those christian heads.

No wonder Hitler targeted the Jews. He was simply taking the hatred and murderous intolerance of the Christian Church to new levels of insanity.

Cambridge, UK

#120123 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
No that is why he sent his Son to die and pay the sin debt for all Humanity.
God is Holy
You said...
SevenT wrote:
God is getting what he wants.
When the vast majority of those who have ever lived are burning for all eternity, you can console yourself with the knowledge that "it's what God wants".

If your god didn't want it then it wouldn't happen.

Cambridge, UK

#120124 Dec 30, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a stupid question. God regularly commands -and commits- murder in the Old Testament.
Thanks

For some reason, SevenT is terrified to even try and answer it.

Cambridge, UK

#120125 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
After God lead them out of 400 years of bondage in Egypt to the promised land Israel then they turn around and make a mockery by worshiping an idol. I would say the Levites did justice.
So much for free will, eh?

Cambridge, UK

#120126 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
In Atheism there is ultimately no foundation for morality
No doubt you would confine all morality within your religion, eh?

Cambridge, UK

#120128 Dec 30, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, do you believe anyone who doesn't practice your religion in America should be murdered to purify the land?
Well, the Bible tells us that it's death for those who exercise freedom of religion.

I guess SevenT agrees with that.

Cambridge, UK

#120129 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
The trap was set in the Garden of Eden. Remember when Adam and Eve were tempted by Satin and they ate the forbidden fruit?
God never intended the world he created to turn out this way. But man has ruined it through the good old fashioned sins.........Greed, Gluttony, Lust Lies and Laziness.
READ YOUR BIBLE and pray to God for Salvation
It's God's fault for putting the greatest super villain in the universe in the garden.

Cambridge, UK

#120130 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
You forgot the second part. It says:

"They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good".

How does it feel categorising the vast majority of humanity who do not believe in your god as being corrupt, abominable and doing no good?

You're honestly telling me that someone like Gandhi, did no good at all? What do you find corrupt and vile about his works?

Bob Geldof is a well-known atheist. How many millions of lives has he saved through his work and effort? Yet according to the Bible he's a fool, he's vile, he's corrupt and never does any good.

Do you honestly believe that?

Cambridge, UK

#120131 Dec 30, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you asked,.
It has been estimated that 1 cell can carry more information than that contained in a complete set of Encyclopedia Britanicas, We know that Natural laws are unable to create messages or information , messages and information are created by intelligence"minds"
So,how did this information get implanted into our DNA ?
I don't know why God implanted those codes into our DNA .
What I do believe is that God is the creator of life .
What evolutuionary theory Can Not tell us is where and how did all this information contained in our DNA originate?
Certainly could not be by natural laws , Laws do not have the ability to create
So we are back to a previous topic , how can inanimate matter create properties it itself neither posseses or has any way of being aware of them , life, intelligence and consciousness.
Fred Hoyle , an Atheist ,estimated that the possibility of inanimate matter spontaneouly creating life is 1 followed by 40,000 zeros.
Possibly ,now that you have another opportunity , you can provide the viable alternative that I have been asking the Atheists on this forum to provide.
Evolution doesn't know how life started and neither do you.

Evolution does however, provide a scientific explanation for why we have genes that produce egg yolk in us. Which you can't do.

Cambridge, UK

#120132 Dec 30, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The Biblical god supports slavery, genocide, and rape. Neither I, nor any other atheist I know, adopts such LOW standards.
Judeo-Christian morality is primitive morality.
Absolutely

Being Christian appears to mean supporting these acts of terror because you'll never hear them condemning them.

Some morality, eh?

Cambridge, UK

#120133 Dec 31, 2013
Curious wrote:
In one of his debates , Chris Hitchens tried to make the poit that ,if there was an intelligent creator , said creator got it all wrong.
His opinion was partly based on the following;
We are heading for a huge disaster , as the Andromeda Galaxy is heading for a collision with our own galaxy.
How could an intelligent creator commit such an error.
We are heading for total destruction of our Universe.
And if we analyze those facts based on our limited human intelligence , one would probably agree that an error was made by the Creator.
But , that such an event would occur is prophesied in the Bible
Read revelation 6;12to 14
Read revelation21;1,2.
Moreover, at one time Atheists believed the Universe was Eternal.
If that belief were to be proven to be accurate, it would destroy the Bible starting with the first sentence , Inthe begining God created the Heavens and the Earth.
That the Earth and the Universe were created has been proven by Science.
That man was formed from the dust in the ground has also been proven, Atheists call it Stardust ,matters not.
Same thing,no matter what name you give it.
The gaps between the stars are so vast that it looks like any stellar collisions are likely to be few in number. In other words they'll pass through each other and probably become one big galaxy.

However, it may well be more likely that well before that time, our sun will have destroyed life on earth.

If, that is, we haven't destroyed ourselves.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120134 Dec 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they were a Christian sect,,,,, there was no difference between the Peoples Temple and a 1000 other Christian Churches scattered around the US... Some play with snakes, some roll around in the floor and speak jibberish.... Some wear funny hats and some don't use electricity... All claim belief in Jesus Christ as the son of God....
You have no more right to say they were not Christian than the Methodist saying your sect is not Christian... Of the JW's or the LDS or ect...
Whatever you want to believe... it's your right!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120135 Dec 31, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Cozy up to Muslims? What are you on?
In our secular society it's about equality for all religions. No single belief system is favoured above any other and all are subject to the law of the land and our secular courts.
After years of having things their own way, Christians are having to compete with other religions on a level playing field and you know what? they're not doing very well at all.
Secularism is the way.
Do the math, or I your case, meth.
" compete with other religions on a level playing field"???
Yet I've not heard you speak against any others on here...
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120136 Dec 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Says the guy who does not see the Pope as a Christian. You lost all credibility to judge what a Christian is, long ago.
If you knew anything about the Bible... you lost yours the day you put it down!

Cambridge, UK

#120137 Dec 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>" compete with other religions on a level playing field"???
Yet I've not heard you speak against any others on here...
Go figure!
That's because so far there aren't any other people from different religions on this board.

Rest assured, that I have as low an opinion of fundamental Islamists as I do of fundamental Christians.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120138 Dec 31, 2013
pat wrote:
...what does an atheist leader teach? Nature?
No...
Nature, and the laws thereof Proves God...
Atheists teach Nothing from nothing equals everything!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120139 Dec 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Over "read" from a "Christian" blog...a guy talking about his wife's cooking---
"But the food was not so attractive before she got her hands on it. The meat was raw and squishy, the rice was hard and brittle, and the vegetables needed to be scrubbed and trimmed.
It reminds me of the gracious work Jesus has done for me. I am well aware of my frailty and propensity to sin....."
(hm).
Nice analogy!
Happy New year to ya!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120140 Dec 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying you base morals on reason then?
No, that's what YOU said...that's NOT what I said.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120141 Dec 31, 2013
Lucky wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you do!! Take $1000 at birth of your children put in a 1 time payment to a mutual fund that has averaged 12% the last 10 years; and there are plenty of them, at age 65 your child will have $1,581,784 for retirement!! Take that to the bank!! End poverty!!!
Sorry....
but no one is going to be around in 6-10 years... let alone 65, and
we'll have no need for money then!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120142 Dec 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you do. If I told you a story about my turtle who disappeared, you would NEVER believe "it grew wings and flew away" versus "it died and was buried somewhere".
<quoted text>
It didn't make history; it *was made* by mythology.
WRONG, You're SO wrong.

And Ignorant as well.

Abysmally ignorant actually.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ronnie combs (Aug '09) 22 min Visitor 22
Billy joe 49 min Family 2
Spurgeon Sizemore (Jan '14) 18 hr Reagel 17
Johnny Holland (Apr '12) 23 hr retspih 24
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 23 hr hot dog 755
Vida blue sizemore Tue zootopia 5
Who was found dead on ham holler? Dec 5 Dont Know 8

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages