Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 170624 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120059 Dec 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If god really wished for Anne Frank to chose Jesus, maybe he should have proved he was a real god and done something to stop the German Jesus followers from torturing and killing all her people.
But your god did nothing. He answered no prayers. It is as if the whole story is just a fabrication.
Neither did derwin!

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#120060 Dec 30, 2013
Just as not every Christian is inherently good, not every atheist is inherently evil. Many people may disagree with this, saying morals come from religion. The problem is, people judge people based on their religion, or lack of religion. It is time we accept that a person’s lack of religion does not dictate their morals.
I find my morals come from wanting to do good and be nice to others, it has nothing to do with a lack of belief in any higher power. As we get older, we learn that our actions have consequences. Whether we are Christians, Islamists, Jewish, or espouse no set belief system, if we do something bad, there is going to be a punishment. With this in mind, next time you meet an atheist and think “they are a bad person”, pause for a moment and get to know them.
I posted a study by Phil Zuckerman where he compared atheists and those with a belief in God. Dr. Zuckerman was able to show atheists are less prejudice, less anti-Semitic, less racist, less ethnocentric, less close-minded, and less authoritative.

Perhaps you should do some research before you make such an arrogant statement
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120061 Dec 30, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL This is the best you can come up with?
Which bible are you following?.... most bibles read as god writing the commandments, is it your opinion Moses wrote them, or are you making excuses for your supreme being as if he's human?
The bible also states that in those 40 days and nights Moses went without eating bread or drinking water....
Moses (the mortal General of the era) shortened and simplified the pre-exisitng ones, so DUHMMIEs could have an easier easier time comprehending.
Kind of like the Virginia Declaration of rights's influence over TJ when writing the Declarration of Independence.
And just because there's mention of no bread or water-doesn't mean there wasn't, or no berries or goat milk either.
Do you believe everything you're "told"?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#120062 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you that is a stupid question. Read Exodus 20 the 10 Commandments
Thou shall not murder.
And Moses broke that commandment the very first day. Three thousand counts of murder.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120063 Dec 30, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
One more thing to think about...... After investing 40 days and nights into the creation of the ten commandments, Moses breaks them into tiny pieces in a blink of an eye.... now with the MO of god , I'm sure he was beside himself with rage of Moses' actions, yet not one mention of this in the bible. As if that wasn't enough, Moses then orders the execution of thousands of men women and children w/out god's approval.....not one mention of god's wrath of this episode either.
There ya go-that was Moses the Generals' doing.

(you a smert one aren't you)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120064 Dec 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No one worshipped these people. I see you cannot understand how to spot myth compared to actual history.
It does not really matter if the characters were real or not. What matters is the fact people believe the fabricated tales about them that are clearly lies. If someone tells of Washington parting a sea, do you just believe them?
That the waters which came down from upstream stood still, and rose in a heap very far away at Adam, the city that is beside Zaretan. So the waters that went down into the Sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, failed, and were cut off; and the people crossed over opposite Jericho. Then the priests who bore the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood firm on dry ground in the midst of the Jordan; and all Israel crossed over on dry ground, until all the people had crossed completely over the Jordan.

a. The waters which came down from upstream stood still: In some miraculous manner, God stopped the flow of the Jordan River. He may have used a natural occurrence (an earthquake has often been suggested), but the timing of it was at the hand of God.

It COULD'VE happened something similar like that, for all we REALLY know Duquette. Earthquakes are very real.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120065 Dec 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And I am sure Muslims say similar things about Christianity. Hence the many holy wars between the two.
Ramses. Hittites and even before them.

NO "holy" to it.

Just human manifest destiny of grow the regional kinduhms via conquer and conquest.

And stay on your own side of the line.

United States of America

#120068 Dec 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses (the mortal General of the era) shortened and simplified the pre-exisitng ones, so DUHMMIEs could have an easier easier time comprehending.
Kind of like the Virginia Declaration of rights's influence over TJ when writing the Declarration of Independence.
And just because there's mention of no bread or water-doesn't mean there wasn't, or no berries or goat milk either.
Do you believe everything you're "told"?
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe everything you're "told"?
No I don't, Do You? Furthermore, Do you believe everything that is written?
So now you're argument is the bible specifically states that Moses had no bread or water in those 40 days and nights, yet failed to say exactly what he did eat and drink. I see you feel it is your duty to offer excuses for this bible that most claim is flawless.
Why would this inspired word of god make reference to Moses not having bread or water for way over a month, but not mention what he did eat and drink? I guess that part is left to the imagination too huh.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120069 Dec 30, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a religion.
Nor is it an excused pass to act like a heathen, hedonist idiot.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120070 Dec 30, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a religion; it's not supposed to provide a foundation for morality.
Then what DOES provide such a foundation?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120071 Dec 30, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Just as not every Christian is inherently good, not every atheist is inherently evil. Many people may disagree with this, saying morals come from religion. The problem is, people judge people based on their religion, or lack of religion. It is time we accept that a person’s lack of religion does not dictate their morals.
I find my morals come from wanting to do good and be nice to others, it has nothing to do with a lack of belief in any higher power. As we get older, we learn that our actions have consequences.
That's quite sensible, logical and true.

(A lot of us really don't have "atheism" issues, with atheists that show some actual ethics!)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#120073 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope the tomb is empty.
Easy: he was never in that tomb.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#120074 Dec 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what DOES provide such a foundation?
Reason.

What do you think?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120075 Dec 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Some-like yourself may be descendents of apes...while others obviously evolved WELL before apes ever grew ape arms..
And why aren't ALL apes evolved into humans? Do you believe everything some british, long browed, cousin marrying, botonist studying apeman looking thing writes?
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u187/stann...
Stupid ape man.
Dogs evolved from wolves, yet wolves still live today. I can see you have no idea how he theory works.
I need not believe Darwin, as most of his theory has stood the test of science and its critical scrutiny.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120076 Dec 30, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No I don't, Do You? Furthermore, Do you believe everything that is written?
So now you're argument is the bible specifically states that Moses had no bread or water in those 40 days and nights, yet failed to say exactly what he did eat and drink. I see you feel it is your duty to offer excuses for this bible that most claim is flawless.
Why would this inspired word of god make reference to Moses not having bread or water for way over a month, but not mention what he did eat and drink? I guess that part is left to the imagination too huh.
Of course not, especially verbatim literally.

I didn't make the no bread or water comment...I just made the comment there's other sustenance besides bread and water.

Histories mysteries-as if it all would ever be that "easy" to figure out.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120077 Dec 30, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy: he was never in that tomb.
You DON'T know that.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#120078 Dec 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> Is it on par with that time Jesus said all who say their is no god are fools?
I keep pointing to how intolerant the bible is, yet your standards refuse to admit it is a problem, and possibly harmful.
What is harmful is your intentional misrepresentations of the facts or your ignorance of the facts.
Where is it written in the Bible that " Jesus said that all who say there is no God are fools.
Did I misunderstand what you wrote?

United States of America

#120079 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
An Atheist can adopt Judeo-Christian morals, there are no atheist morals remember the fools don't believe anything.
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
In Atheism there is ultimately no foundation for morality
You're just full of contradictions .
First you say atheist have no foundation for morality, then you do an about face and say atheist can adopt Judeo-Christian morals.
Again. A person does not have to possess a Religion to have morals, but apparently, in your world, they do. Pay Attention: Not every Christian is inherently good! Not every atheist is inherently evil as you imply.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120080 Dec 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramses. Hittites and even before them.
NO "holy" to it.
Just human manifest destiny of grow the regional kinduhms via conquer and conquest.
And stay on your own side of the line.
Oh naive one. How can you be so blind as to not see how religion fuels war? I am sure you think 9/11 had nothing to do with religion also?

United States of America

#120081 Dec 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not, especially verbatim literally.
I didn't make the no bread or water comment...I just made the comment there's other sustenance besides bread and water.
Histories mysteries-as if it all would ever be that "easy" to figure out.

I was quoting what the bible states...and for some unknown reason, you were the one making assumptions of what was not said and excuses of why It wasn't said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CC Basketball 5 hr fans 17
Linda Smallwood 11 hr Sarah mills 81
Marlboro Man loves getting spit fried. 12 hr Marlboro Man 22
greatest church & preacher ever (Feb '09) 13 hr To Truth 87
Jesus Quantana 14 hr Lebowski jeffry 1
Gas Station owners feuding! 16 hr Gas Buddy 8
House Enterprises stealing people's money! 18 hr Iknownothing 18

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance