Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 165620 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#119437 Dec 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I agree with you there are reported to be 37,000 different religions all claiming to be Christian.
Jehovah's Witnesses are separate and distinct from all other religions. The Bible shows that there can only be one true religion.
One Faith
“One Lord [there is], one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all persons, who is over all.”—EPHESIANS 4:4-6.
No divisions
Paul wrote,“Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”—1 Corinthians 1:10.
ORIGINATE WITH GOD
The Bible refers to some at 1 John 5:19
We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting. Little children, guard yourselves from idols.
You either belong to the first group or the second group. If you do not believe in God then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine which group you belong to!
It may surprise you to know that Satan has ministers too.Satan’s Ministers too
By “transforming himself into an angel of light,” and he had agents, ministers who “also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness.”(2Co 11:14, 15)
You can ask the ones you refer to as being the same as Jehovah's Witnesses if they worship Jehovah. Their answer should prove to you were are not the same.
Jehovah's Witnesses are separate and distinct from all other religions!
Being distinct in some respects does not mean it is the one true church. Jim Jones' church was distinct in man respects, and we can see it was not right.

None of the scriptures you posted shows me your church is any more true than any other church.

And I find the whole idea of claiming those unlike yourself to be of Satan, a terrible idea. Nice little recipe for a holocaust or other hateful things.
It is ideas like you claimed that would make me reject your church.

The known fact is, their are many bible believing, Jesus believing people out their who are divided. Just as you divide yourself from them. So it seem to me your passage proves itself false.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119438 Dec 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Love the way you Atheists use this threda to draw attention to yourselves by bragging about your self proclaimed accomplishments
Could that be caused by low self esteem?
Q brags about his abilities as a street fighter in the streets of Detroit while claiming to have been born and raised in Kentucky,where he supposedly captured some 215 copperheads during a weekend,which he sold to some university, while attending High school.
Then he , without any one asking, proceeds to tell us of his long and distinguished military service, rebuilding motorcycles etal.
Now we find out that ,like another Atheist , Timothy Leary , he was an acid head. And we know the effects of acid...
And , you also claim to be a known acid head, although you now claim to be a former user,but are hoping to deconvert...LOL
The postings attributed to both of you clearly indicate the mental damage caused by mind altering drugs.....
Oh my word , Heavens to magatroy. One has to wonder, How many more of your fellow Atheists are afflicted by drug abuse.
Well, at least they have located a provider? Good prices too. That according to KRAK tu.
BTW ,Q, you should consider hiring Witchetty as the Crone or Drone to make your deliveries.
She will soon be out of a job. Christmas tree decorating is just about over. LOL
I think Yes and Amen wins the contest of who used the most drugs in their life, between all of us, and probably all of us combined.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119439 Dec 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I think the connection in question is the bible, and the idea that belief in Jesus is the way. You both make the same sort of claims based upon the same holy book.
You both follow the bible, or at least attempt to on some level. I fail to see how you fail to see the connection here?
In case you did not know, every Christian sect thinks it is better at interpreting the bible than all other sects. You are just one in thousands of these sects.
I keep being told I do not have the holy ghost to guide me when I read the bible and thus I cannot understand it for this reason. The claim is, believers have the holy ghost to guide them on the bible. Yet we still see so many disputes among those who claim to have the same guiding ghost.
This fact is hard to ignore for me, and it looks as if the holy ghost thing is just another lie.
Yes I agree with you there are reported to be 37,000 different religions all claiming to be Christian.
Jehovah's Witnesses are separate and distinct from all other religions. The Bible shows that there can only be one true religion.
One Faith
“One Lord [there is], one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all persons, who is over all.”—EPHESIANS 4:4-6.
No divisions
Paul wrote,“Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”—1 Corinthians 1:10.
ORIGINATE WITH GOD
The Bible refers to some at 1 John 5:19
We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting. Little children, guard yourselves from idols.
You either belong to the first group or the second group. If you do not believe in God then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine which group you belong to!
It may surprise you to know that Satan has ministers too.Satan’s Ministers too
By “transforming himself into an angel of light,” and he had agents, ministers who “also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness.”(2Co 11:14, 15)
You can ask the ones you refer to as being the same as Jehovah's Witnesses if they worship Jehovah. Their answer should prove to you were are not the same.
Jehovah's Witnesses are separate and distinct from all other religions!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119440 Dec 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist's intentional misleading of the victims they prey on , are obvious. The study does not use the word likely , but it clearly states the result of deconverting.
That is why Rosch titled his findings as" Atheism has a suicide problem"
and delineates the reasons for such.
He clearly states the problem of suicide and depression encountered by those who deconvert.
One can clearly conclude that those maladies will lead to the destruction of that individual and his family , unless of course ,one considers those maladies to affect families and individuals in a positive manner ,as you seem to be implying.
Those are not exxagerations and lies , as you claim.
That is your illogical and immoral conclusion in order to defend your baseless Faith.
That is the only logical reason why Atheists do not want to admit to the existing problems afflicting their community.
All you keep seeing is the truth which you can not bring yourself to acknowledge.
Other Atheists also attempt to hide that truth as clearly stated by Staak Rosch,who is himself an Atheist.
You can lie to and mislead the unsuspecting victims you prey on....I know bwtter,take your illogical and immoral argument somewhere else.
So you admit adding words to the study that misleads? Great, now if you could only muster up an apology for the lies I nailed you on and stop doing it. I see you are still doing it.
The study does not imply one will have problems if they convert to atheism. It may be possible, but the study has no stats, but you sure act as if it is an automatic problem maker.
Continue to mislead, and you will have a hard time convincing people atheists are misleading people.

I did not imply someone having issues could not be damaging to their family. You inferred incorrectly, and thus are again misleading readers.
The only point I was trying to make, is that you are misleading in the magnitude of numbers here. Learn to write using words that are not misleading. But for some reason, I think you are just unable to do so. Either you are a habitual lair, or an extreme exaggerator. Either way, you cannot repeat the gist of the study without large and unfounded exaggerations.
It detracts from the conversation.

I cannot speak for what all atheist attempt to hide. And acting as if you know, is acting as if you know all any particular atheist does. And of course that is an impossibility.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119441 Dec 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Being distinct in some respects does not mean it is the one true church. Jim Jones' church was distinct in man respects, and we can see it was not right.
None of the scriptures you posted shows me your church is any more true than any other church.
And I find the whole idea of claiming those unlike yourself to be of Satan, a terrible idea. Nice little recipe for a holocaust or other hateful things.
It is ideas like you claimed that would make me reject your church.
The known fact is, their are many bible believing, Jesus believing people out their who are divided. Just as you divide yourself from them. So it seem to me your passage proves itself false.
Mike watch for the post "How can a person know which religion is right."
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119442 Dec 22, 2013
How can a person know which religion is right?
(1) On what are its teachings based? Are they from God, or are they largely from men?(2 Tim. 3:16; Mark 7:7) Ask, for example: Where does the Bible teach that God is a Trinity? Where does it say that the human soul is immortal?
(2) Consider whether it is making known the name of God. Jesus said in prayer to God:“I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.”(John 17:6) He declared:“It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.”(Matt. 4:10) Has your religion taught you that ‘it is Jehovah you must worship’? Have you come to know the Person identified by that name—his purposes, his activities, his qualities—so that you feel you can confidently draw close to him?
(3) Is true faith in Jesus Christ being demonstrated? This involves appreciation of the value of the sacrifice of Jesus’ human life and of his position today as heavenly King.(John 3:36; Ps. 2:6-8) Such appreciation is shown by obeying Jesus—sharing personally and zealously in the work that he assigned to his followers. True religion has such faith that is accompanied by works.—Jas. 2:26.
(4) Is it largely ritualistic, a formality, or is it a way of life? God strongly disapproves of religion that is merely a formalism.(Isa. 1:15-17) True religion upholds the Bible’s standard of morality and clean speech instead of weakly going along with popular trends.(1 Cor. 5:9-13; Eph. 5:3-5) Its members reflect the fruits of God’s spirit in their lives.(Gal. 5:22, 23) So, those who adhere to true worship can be identified because they sincerely endeavor to apply Bible standards in their lives not only at their places of meeting but in their family life, at their secular work, in school, and in recreation.
(5) Do its members truly love one another? Jesus said:“By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”(John 13:35) Such love reaches across racial, social, and national boundaries, drawing people together in genuine brotherhood. So strong is this love that it sets them apart as being truly different. When the nations go to war, who have enough love for their Christian brothers in other lands that they refuse to take up arms and kill them? That is what early Christians did.
(6) Is it truly separate from the world? Jesus said that his true followers would be “no part of the world.”(John 15:19) To worship God in a manner that he approves requires that we keep ourselves “without spot from the world.”(Jas. 1:27) Can that be said of those whose clergy and other members are involved in politics, or whose lives are largely built around materialistic and fleshly desires?—1 John 2:15-17.
(7) Are its members active witnesses concerning God’s Kingdom? Jesus foretold:“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”(Matt. 24:14) What religion is really proclaiming God’s Kingdom as the hope of mankind instead of encouraging people to look to human rulership to solve their problems? Has your religion equipped you to share in this activity, and to do it from house to house as Jesus taught his apostles to do?—Matt. 10:7, 11-13; Acts 5:42; 20:20.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119443 Dec 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Says I , Now you are claiming that
"He/she can then see the world for what it really is, and act accordingly. If his upbringing did not prepare him or her for this, don't blame me or non belief."
But,that is not what they were told by Atheists when they were unsuspectingly mislead into believing there is no God.
Your reality is solely based on your opinion , you have no evidence that can prove the nonexistence of God..
It is Atheists, that by preying on unsuspecting victims , persuaded them to believe that which Atheists are unable to prove.
They were not told that deconversion can cause one to become deeply depressed or become suicidial.
Now ,after the factg, they are seeing what the world really is like, when you do not make God part of your life.
Atheists are responsible for causing these maladies that now afflict them after deconversion.
Atheists , as clearly stated by Staak Rosch,do not want to admit to the calamitous situation afflicting their community.
Most assuredly , keeping this information from the general public , is in Atheism's selfish best interest, but is detrimental to the wellbeing of the general public and those unsuspecting victims you prey on.
It is both,immoral and unconscionable to tell people that by denying God, they will be free and lead happier lives when the evidence points to the contrary.
To attempt to blame one's upbringing for those maladies is both deceitful and immoral..
Let us not forget , Staak Rosch did not claim that these unsuspecting victims were afflicted by these maladies before deconversion, these afflictions occured after deconversion.
Therein lies the problem which Atheists refuse to admit.
If that isn't immoral and unconscionable behaviour,what is?
Does Staak claim the atheists are not warning the people converting, or is this your opinion. As I stated before, I do warn people of some issues they may come across.
You keep saying "atheists" as if every single one does as you are claiming.

But the fact is, it is not the responsibility of a person who tells another of ideas about god to warn them of psychological issue that may come. One cannot know of all the issues the person already has. One cannot know of how much one relies on said god.

I mean seriously, do you expect us to start all conversations of the existence of god with a warning paragraph or what? If so, just what are we to say in this statement?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119444 Dec 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
How can a person know which religion is right?
(1) On what are its teachings based? Are they from God, or are they largely from men?(2 Tim. 3:16; Mark 7:7) Ask, for example: Where does the Bible teach that God is a Trinity? Where does it say that the human soul is immortal?
(2); 20:20.
How can a person know the men, Mark and Tim should be listened to about god?
Are they speaking for a real god, or are they just men with beliefs as you are?

Does the bible need use words like "immortal" and "trinity" for one to interpret the claims as fitting the definition of these words?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119445 Dec 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist's intentional misleading of the victims they prey on , are obvious. The study does not use the word likely , but it clearly states the result of deconverting.
That is why Rosch titled his findings as" Atheism has a suicide problem"
and delineates the reasons for such.
The title does not make the claim you just made. I am pretty confident the study does not make the claim you made here. You are the misleader.
Show me where the study claims "atheists intentionally mislead"?
Does the study even claim atheists need to warn those they speak to about religion?

You are misusing science.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119446 Dec 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>

He clearly states the problem of suicide and depression encountered by those who deconvert.
Does he clearly state this, or does he use words like, "some" instead of "those"? Because "those" implies all will have a problem.
You are poor at using words, and mislead due to this. Get your act together or look like a pathological liar.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#119447 Dec 22, 2013
In the O.T. the JW's would slaughter non-jehovah's witnesses at the command of their human leaders.

Cult.

The Watchtower application of disfellowshipping is one of the more extreme in Christianity and emulates behavioural characteristics common amongst high control groups such as Mormons and Scientologists; with only the Amish imposing this principle with more destructive effects.

http://jehovah.net.au/disfellowship.html

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119450 Dec 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>

One can clearly conclude that those maladies will lead to the destruction of that individual and his family , unless of course ,one considers those maladies to affect families and individuals in a positive manner ,as you seem to be implying.
What maladies? Thoughts of suicide or depression? Depression does not always equate to the automatic destruction of the individual or family.
And lets say some chose suicide. First, no one has established anyone has killed themselves due to atheism. Second, it also does not automatically destroy the surviving family. Of course it can be hard on the survivors, but to imply it will destroy them, is to exaggerate.
You keep speaking in absolutes, and none of this is absolute what so ever.
Learn to use your words properly, or look like a liar.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#119451 Dec 22, 2013
Study: suicide rate higher among Protestants than Catholics

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/201...
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#119452 Dec 22, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses similar Christadelphians Beliefs and Practices

Death - The soul is not immortal. The dead are in the "sleep of death," a state of unconsciousness. Believers are resurrected at Christ's second coming.

Heaven, Hell - Heaven will be on a restored earth, with God reigning over his people, and Jerusalem as its capital. Hell does not exist. Amended Christadelphians believe the wicked are annihilated. Unamended Christadelphians believe those "in Christ" will be resurrected to eternal life while the rest will remain unconscious, in the grave.

Holy Spirit - The Holy Spirit is only a force of God in Christadelphian beliefs, because they deny the Trinity doctrine. He is not a distinct Person.

Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ is a man, Christadelphians say, not God. He was the Son of God and salvation requires acceptance of Christ as Lord and Savior. Christadelphians believe that since Jesus died, he cannot be God, because God cannot die.

Satan - Christadelphians reject the doctrine of Satan as the source of evil. They believe God is the source of both good and evil (Isaiah 45:5-7).

Trinity - The Trinity is unbiblical, according to Christadelphian beliefs. God is one and does not exist in three Persons.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119453 Dec 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Does Staak claim the atheists are not warning the people converting, or is this your opinion. As I stated before, I do warn people of some issues they may come across.
You keep saying "atheists" as if every single one does as you are claiming.
But the fact is, it is not the responsibility of a person who tells another of ideas about god to warn them of psychological issue that may come. One cannot know of all the issues the person already has. One cannot know of how much one relies on said god.
I mean seriously, do you expect us to start all conversations of the existence of god with a warning paragraph or what? If so, just what are we to say in this statement?
Staak does not make that claim ,He claims that Suicide and depression within the Atheist Community is a big problem which Atheists are reluctant to admit.
According to what he wrote,of the 3 persons he mentioned that he believes were afflicted by these problems , 2 were leaders in the Atheist community.
It stands to reason that If Atheists are unwilling to admit to each other ,that this is an existing problem afflicting those who deconvert, they are not going to admit such to any unsuspecting victim that they are attempting to convert.
Your immoral claim, that
" it is not the responsibility of a person who tells another of ideas about god to warn them of psychological issue that may come."
is indefensible and clearly indicate the intention to deceive.
You are attempting to persuade them that there is no God , for which you can not provide any evidence to substantiate that opinion.
Yet ,as I have read here , Atheists claim Atheism will free you and lead you to a better life.
After having painted that rosy picture , which you believe it is your right to paint , as unfounded as it is, then you claim to have no responsibility in making them of the consecuences that may befall them.
If an Atheist is attempting to deconvert someone , what the person whom you are attempting to deconvert should expect from you is that you provide ALL the facts , not just that part of your opinion that meets the needs of your faith.
That you are attempting to add more members to your faith by omitting the very real problems that afflict your community , for fear that they will not deconvert is unconscionable.
That clearly indicates that your objective is not to help that individual , but merely to increase your numbers.
Now that you have clearly identified your lack of morals , continuing this discussion is futile.
Thanks for clarifying your position , It is much worse than what I had imagined

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#119454 Dec 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Even without Joe and Alice, that's an impressive lineup.
SRC are a new name for me - I'll check them out.
Jethro Tull have long been one of my favourite bands.
I loved Mountain.
Frigid Pink: I remember through a cover version they did of "House of the Rising Sun"
I've been to a handful of festivals and can only imagine how great it would be if I showed up in any crowd pics. That sure was a great find, Q.
1970, eh? You're a little bit older than me - I was 13 in 1970.
I remember desperately wanting to go to the Isle of Wight Festival but my parents vetoed it. What a lineup that one had:
Hendrix, The Doors, The Who, Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Ten Years After, Family, Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Sly & Family Stone, Joan Baez, Free, Miles Davies, Groundhogs, Tony Joe White, Lighthouse, Taste, Cactus, Procul Harum, Chicago, Melanie, John Sebastian, Pentangle, Donovan, Richie Havens and more.
I got to see a couple o festivals at Knebworth. One headlined by Pink Floyd and the other by Led Zeppelin.
Also went to Stonehenge Free Festival in 1977 where I saw the stones and got stoned.
SRC was the Scott Richard Case band and were really big in Michigan and played all the big venues like the Grande Ball Room, Palladium Ball Room, Harpo's ext and a lot of the free out doors concerts we used to have every week end ... I started hitch hiking around the state and country to hit different concerts in 68 when I was 14...

http://youtu.be/AhTJ2QBe_9c

My fav band at the time was a local band called Frost... they were also at about every free gig in the region during that time...

I actually helped set up Alice Cooper's stage set at the state fair ground in Detroit in 71 and use to hang out at old man Nugents farm when the Amboy Dukes would set up and play in the old barn on week ends... there would be maybe 30 of use that would hitch out there when they were no on the road...

I always dreamed of being a rock and roll star ... had a 62 Rickenbacker small body guitar and a Marshall 200 amp with twin 5 foot tall TB1 columns , had the hair.. had all i needed to make it big except Talent.... so in 72 I enlisted in the Army...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#119455 Dec 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Q brags about his abilities as a street fighter in the streets of Detroit while claiming to have been born and raised in Kentucky,where he supposedly captured some 215 copperheads during a weekend,which he sold to some university, while attending High school.
Then he , without any one asking, proceeds to tell us of his long and distinguished military service, rebuilding motorcycles etal.
See there is ya problem... You have a reading comprehension problem... The snakes I sod to Union College when I was 10 in Kentucky where i was raised until I was 12 when we moved to Calvery & Vernor in Detroit where I lived until 72 when I enlisted... Started building scoots (first one was a sprung hub triumph when I was 15 ... Not my fault you grew up wasting your life while some of us were doing life with a zest... And too bad you were one of the slow kids and now a slow adult.... You see I'm still riding a bike i built and building guitars, gun stocks and cannons while living life to the fullest...

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#119456 Dec 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Hey WitW - Happy Yule!
A bit warm for it but I'll have to burn a log in the fireplace tonight. Honoring Odin, the Disir and the ancestors and all that... Already have the Druidic tree up with the angels (anu-naki), apples from the tree of knowledge and assorted other animals and fetishes dangling from it's boughs...
Good for the soul - right YaA, Curious, KF?.
Thanks Chrom!
Sounds like you are having a Merry Yule yourself!

I and 2 friends spent last night at the beach. We have a tradition of renting a room at a beachfront motel so that we can get up before dawn, go down to the ocean and welcome the Sun rise.
Last year we added releasing Japanese Sky Lanterns in the predawn light, sending out any burdens/problems from the old year with them .. as well as an invitation for desires to enter in the new year.
(Just for Yaa, curious, KF and Sista... this is simply *symbolic.* No deities required.)

I agree about it being a bit too warm. But I have to admit that when we were wading in the Atlantic up to our knees in the dark, it was pretty nice!
If we could have a bonfire on the beach, it would be perfect.

Don't know about it being "good for the soul" since I have never seen one... but it always is a very special experience.

Wishes for a Merry Holiday Season for you and yours!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119457 Dec 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Staak does not make that claim ,He claims that Suicide and depression within the Atheist Community is a big problem which Atheists are reluctant to admit.
According to what he wrote,of the 3 persons he mentioned that he believes were afflicted by these problems , 2 were leaders in the Atheist community.
It stands to reason that If Atheists are unwilling to admit to each other ,that this is an existing problem afflicting those who deconvert, they are not going to admit such to any unsuspecting victim that they are attempting to convert.
Your immoral claim, that
" it is not the responsibility of a person who tells another of ideas about god to warn them of psychological issue that may come."
is indefensible and clearly indicate the intention to deceive.
You are attempting to persuade them that there is no God , for which you can not provide any evidence to substantiate that opinion.
Yet ,as I have read here , Atheists claim Atheism will free you and lead you to a better life.
After having painted that rosy picture , which you believe it is your right to paint , as unfounded as it is, then you claim to have no responsibility in making them of the consecuences that may befall them.
If an Atheist is attempting to deconvert someone , what the person whom you are attempting to deconvert should expect from you is that you provide ALL the facts , not just that part of your opinion that meets the needs of your faith.
That you are attempting to add more members to your faith by omitting the very real problems that afflict your community , for fear that they will not deconvert is unconscionable.
That clearly indicates that your objective is not to help that individual , but merely to increase your numbers.
Now that you have clearly identified your lack of morals , continuing this discussion is futile.
Thanks for clarifying your position , It is much worse than what I had imagined
First, I do not think their are any automatic problems one may come to have if converting, so this warning is not always warranted. And I asked at what point is the warning needed? Is an atheist to warn someone with each and every mention of god, or what? You act as if one person is responsible for each conversion. I am not sure if I ever converted anyone. Usually it is an ongoing process each individual must deal with over the course of months, or even years.
You speak of this as if we have churches we put them in and brainwash them like your religion. Well it is not how atheism works.
And you keep claiming atheists actively deceive. Well if the atheist does not see it as an issue, it is not a deception. Just because you claim it is an issue, or one guy who did a study claims it, does not make it so.
Deception is what you do when you make false statements, which you do over and over again, even on this subject.

If you wish to run from this debate, fine. It only tells me you have no real debate, and are just reaching to finger something on atheists. It is weak.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119458 Dec 22, 2013
Atheist Suicide Bomber Kills Eighteen Agnostics

STOCKHOLM -In a frightening display of rising sectarian violence, an atheist suicide bomber blew himself up on a busy street in Stockholm three days ago; killing eighteen agnostics and wounding over thirty. Members of the ‘Swedish Atheistic Liberation Front’(SALF) have claimed responsibility for the bombing. Declaring the attack as revenge against the explosive agnostic riots, which, last week, hospitalized several atheists and terrorized the atheistic community.

Swedish authorities have so far failed stem the rising levels of violence and growing sectarian divide. The prime minister of Sweden Fredrik Reinfeldt, himself an agnostic, strongly condemned the attack, yet also called for restraint among the broader agnostic community. In an impromptu speech, the prime minister called on agnostics to not contribute to the violence, or launch vengeful vigilante attacks, saying that the proper authorities would see justice done.

Yet Mr. Reinfeldt’s message seems to be falling on deaf ears, prominent agnostic leaders and bloggers have already began urging retaliatory attacks in what is an ominous sign for the future of sectarian violence in Sweden. Sectarian divisions and violence have been increasing ever since the breakdown in talks between the mostly agnostic Government and the violently separatist SALF.

SALF, and the atheists they claim to represent, believe that there is no god, agnostics believe that there may not be a god. To outsiders, this difference in doctrine seems almost irrelevant; to believers it is a question of life or death. Therefore, such a small difference in doctrine can create such explosive hatreds, divisions and violence.

The spiraling violence has already purged once religiously diverse neighborhoods into homogenous sectarian strongholds of either atheists or agnostics. Strongholds, which, since the latest SALF terrorism, have begun exchanging nightly mortar fire in the escalating conflict that Swedish authorities seem unable to contain.

So far the United Nations response has been limited to broad condemnations of the violence from both sides; while Norway and Finland have been preparing for an influx of refugees and planning for the creation of possible peacekeeping buffer zones within Sweden in case the rising violence transforms into the civil war many expect. The United States, afraid of being embroiled in a long intractable conflict, have confined their involvement to verbal support for moderates on both sides of the sectarian divide. At this point, all one can do is put in concentrated thought that Sweden’s Atheists and Agnostics can reconcile before civil war breaks out and, together, realize the dream of one united Sweden.

Will Thatcher

Senior Editor Of The Lapine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm tired of being ignored by my husband (May '11) 1 hr Digger 93
Move a trailor 1 hr Help please 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr CNN 789
Anyone need any plumbing done 2 hr Keith 1
Is Bert Combs lake still closed? 4 hr Drought 9
Beverly Sizemore 6 hr Jason smith 27
Does anyone else despise Vernon Swaffard at the... 6 hr Jason smith 3

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages