Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,857

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115899 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question before . Atheists are not fit to teach bible class since they do not believe the bible.
Are you,Moronic?
Why would I hire an attorney to represent me, who openly states that he does not believe in my innocence?
Talking about people believing in something with 00000 evidence.
Let us analyze Atheistic belief.
Let us start with the word NOTHING.
Stephen Hawkins has a theory that NOTHING ,spontaneouly , created something from Nothing and that this is the cause that created life and the Universe. He attributes this to the law of Gravity.
He provides no evidence as to how this is possible or how that theory can be tested.
Others believe that nonintelligent nonliving,nonconscious matter
somehow, was able to spontaneously , attain properties that it does not posses,and had no way of creating those miraculous properties.
That is the issue that I have raised, which you Atheists have to run away from and avoid because your only explanation is based on incomprehensible wishful thinking.
Chroe claims that I do not understand and he is right, I donot understand wishful thinking and neither do any of you,as you are totally unable to give even a semilucid explanation for your opinions.
Other than, wishful thinking that somwday Science will be able to explain the Miraculous.
Jews, Muslims and Christians all believe in God.
The question that arises is" Is Jesus the son of God" Is he the promised messiah?
The Jews deny him, the Muslims believe he is a prophet and we believe him to be the SON of God
He told us beforehand that there would be those who would deny him and there would be those who would falsely claim to be him.
Therefore ,it is not surprising that the Jews deny him and that the Muslims , although admitting he is a prophet , claim that Mohammed is greater.
Fools, on the other hand , will believe that which is logically and naturally impossible.
That Nothing created something from nothing or that nonliving,non conscious and nonintelligent matter ,somehow was able to attain unto life ,intelligence and consciousness.
As is obvious,your beliefs stretch credulity ,reason , and common sense way beyond their limits.
You have travelled down a path that even the most ardent Science Fiction writers on steroids fear to travel.
Teaching the bible in government run schools is not supposed to be about belief, so why would it matter if the teacher was a believer?
Your rants only prove how you wish for the bible to be in schools to proselytize your religion. This is not constitutional.
It is not the governments job to be a church.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115900 Oct 31, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Well whatever excuse you have for your God not being created from nothing then just turn it around and give the Earth the same excuse. Oh, the Earth is outside of time, it's timeless or eternal and it's the Alpha and the Omega or whatever BS you guys use.
And as far as my different monikers go, do you really have trouble picking my posts out no matter what my name is? I've explained why I do it more than once and it's not like I was caught doing it, I'm the one who told you I was doing it. Get over it already, you wine about it in every post.
I do not provide excuses for believing in my God. I provide reasons,as you well know ,as you have read them.
It is you Atheists ,Khartu ,Wichetty ,Dukette and Chroe ,all better known as "the mentally Insolvent" who ,quite unable to provide any semilucid arguments for your beliefs , can only beg for more time......

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115901 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question before . Atheists are not fit to teach bible class since they do not believe the bible.
Are you,Moronic?
Why would I hire an attorney to represent me, who openly states that he does not believe in my innocence?
Talking about people believing in something with 00000 evidence.
Let us analyze Atheistic belief.
Let us start with the word NOTHING.
Stephen Hawkins has a theory that NOTHING ,spontaneouly , created something from Nothing and that this is the cause that created life and the Universe. He attributes this to the law of Gravity.
He provides no evidence as to how this is possible or how that theory can be tested.
Others believe that nonintelligent nonliving,nonconscious matter
somehow, was able to spontaneously , attain properties that it does not posses,and had no way of creating those miraculous properties.
That is the issue that I have raised, which you Atheists have to run away from and avoid because your only explanation is based on incomprehensible wishful thinking.
Chroe claims that I do not understand and he is right, I donot understand wishful thinking and neither do any of you,as you are totally unable to give even a semilucid explanation for your opinions.
Other than, wishful thinking that somwday Science will be able to explain the Miraculous.
Jews, Muslims and Christians all believe in God.
The question that arises is" Is Jesus the son of God" Is he the promised messiah?
The Jews deny him, the Muslims believe he is a prophet and we believe him to be the SON of God
He told us beforehand that there would be those who would deny him and there would be those who would falsely claim to be him.
Therefore ,it is not surprising that the Jews deny him and that the Muslims , although admitting he is a prophet , claim that Mohammed is greater.
Fools, on the other hand , will believe that which is logically and naturally impossible.
That Nothing created something from nothing or that nonliving,non conscious and nonintelligent matter ,somehow was able to attain unto life ,intelligence and consciousness.
As is obvious,your beliefs stretch credulity ,reason , and common sense way beyond their limits.
You have travelled down a path that even the most ardent Science Fiction writers on steroids fear to travel.
One of the most famous and well respected teachers of the bible is an agnostic. Professor Bart Ehrman University North Carolina Chapel Hill.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115902 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't ask this guy that, and you'll be fine in your continued delusions of denial.
http://www.wyattmuseum.com/
Ok, so you base your opinion upon a few photos, that have no verification. Got it.

Now do you believe Moses had three thousand people murdered at this mountain in the name of god and good? Do you think we should teach this to kids in public school? If so, should a disclaimer be attached to the lesson. Something like, we do not endorse killing due to religious beliefs.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115903 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not provide excuses for believing in my God. I provide reasons,as you well know ,as you have read them.
It is you Atheists ,Khartu ,Wichetty ,Dukette and Chroe ,all better known as "the mentally Insolvent" who ,quite unable to provide any semilucid arguments for your beliefs , can only beg for more time......
Nope, you have never provided any reason.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115904 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My belief of your god being of myth need only have the moral compass to understand killing due to ones religious beliefs is most immoral.
My unbelief of god or gods is due to the lack of evidence for any gods and the evidence of the claimed gods being highly immoral and improbable.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115905 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your reason for not believing in Islam or Hinduism?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115906 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you,Moronic?
Most lawyers know they are defending the guilty.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115907 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a belief, it is non belief. The reasons for this are listed on this tread daily. One being, their is absolutely zero evidence a god existed. Why do you not believe in Zeus?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115908 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What is your reason for not believing in Islam or Hinduism?
The voices in his head?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115909 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just returning the same back unto the same.
So you are a fan of OT thinking, an eye for an eye.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115910 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What is your reason for not believing in Islam or Hinduism?
You keep throwing up smokescreens and stink bombs in order to avoid the issue in question . Why I do not believe in Hinduism or Islam is not the issue in question.
You have gone to great lengths to explain what you don;t believe in.
What you consistently fail to do is explain what it is you do believe in,other than claiming "SCIENCE"

1) Do you believe ,as some do ,that Nothing spontaneously created something out of nothing , thus creating the Universe and life as we know it? If so, why do you believe that may be possible
or
2)Do you believe that nonliving , noninteligentg and nonconscious matter was able to spontaneously attain those miraculous properties
and convert itself into living,intelligent and conscious matter?
If so, then explain how that may be possible.
Or ,do you have another explanation that you would like to share with us

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115911 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep throwing up smokescreens and stink bombs in order to avoid the issue in question . Why I do not believe in Hinduism or Islam is not the issue in question.
You have gone to great lengths to explain what you don;t believe in.
What you consistently fail to do is explain what it is you do believe in,other than claiming "SCIENCE"
1) Do you believe ,as some do ,that Nothing spontaneously created something out of nothing , thus creating the Universe and life as we know it? If so, why do you believe that may be possible
or
2)Do you believe that nonliving , noninteligentg and nonconscious matter was able to spontaneously attain those miraculous properties
and convert itself into living,intelligent and conscious matter?
If so, then explain how that may be possible.
Or ,do you have another explanation that you would like to share with us
Well I have specifically answered all your questions in the past, but you refuse to acknowledge those answers. I do not believe "nothing" ever existed. But I cannot really know. Not that it has anything to do with my atheism, but that does not stop you from lying about what I believe.

How life started or other unanswered questions of our universe has no bearing on my atheism. The simple fact their is zero evidence of a god is why I do not believe in a god. Why is that above your comprehension level? Are you just stupid, mentally challenged, or just in denial?
The sixth god

United States

#115912 Oct 31, 2013
I think it should be taught free of religious beliefs. It should be learned just as any book.
It is hard to find a Christian that you can talk to about the story's without them pushing there " BELIFES" I too it.
Reading the bible takes a skill of comprehension that is lacked in the churches cariculam.
Possibly due toads incest throught the ages.
I say go for it.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115913 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well I have specifically answered all your questions in the past, but you refuse to acknowledge those answers. I do not believe "nothing" ever existed. But I cannot really know. Not that it has anything to do with my atheism, but that does not stop you from lying about what I believe.
How life started or other unanswered questions of our universe has no bearing on my atheism. The simple fact their is zero evidence of a god is why I do not believe in a god. Why is that above your comprehension level? Are you just stupid, mentally challenged, or just in denial?
If you do not believe that Nothing ever existed , then by logical reasoning you must believe that SOMETHING always existed.
The question is,What is that Something that always existed?

In which case you are left with 2 completely different alternatives.
Either that Something is living, conscious and intelligent or since we know that matter exists,then that Something would be nonliving ,nonintelligent nomnconscious matter,devoid of personhood.
Since it has been established that only life can create life , then one can conclude that that which always existed is a living,intelligent conscious force , that possesing those properties , can in turn pass them on to nonliving nonintelligen and nonconscious matter..That would establish a source as to how we were able to attain those properties.
Or ,we can deny that and claim that a nonintelligent,nonliving,nonco nscious force was able to somehow attain unto these properties ,which are totally alien to this force, and was able somehow create that which it has no ability or knowledge to create.
Either ID is responsible for our being here or we are here because of a huge unexplainable accident caused by a force that is nonliving,nonconscious and lacks the intelligence to create those properties that we all posses.
That is one of the logical reasons why I believe In God.
To beliewve otherwise would be illogical and absurd,
So what we end up with is your claiming that you can not answer my questions because you don't know and my believing in God ,bec ause I have GOOD reason to believe
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115914 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>One of the most famous and well respected teachers of the bible is an agnostic. Professor Bart Ehrman University North Carolina Chapel Hill.
We were discussing Atheists , you conveniently tried to sneak in an Agnostic

neverthe less ,let us discuss BArt Ehrman's beliefs ; based on an interview with the Christian Post

His defense regarding the historicity of Jesus. In his recent book, Did Jesus Exist?: The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth, Ehrman takes to task the extreme fringe skeptics (the ‘mythicists’) who say Jesus never existed. While mythicist talk may grace the forums of various internet atheist haunts, you won’t find a credible historian or university who backs such assertions – something Bart demonstrates quite well. Of Jesus, Ehrman says,“One of the most certain facts of history is that Jesus was crucified on orders of the Roman prefect of Judea, Pontius Pilate.”[2]

Moreover, Bart also validates the historical lives of the disciples, Paul, and their claims about seeing Jesus alive. Of course, he denies Christ actually rose from the dead and offers a variety of explanations for what Paul and the other apostles experienced, but he doesn’t deny that something happened to change each of them into defenders of Christianity.

My note; What ever that Experience was, The apostles gave their lives for there beliefs .And their beliefs were based oln their personal experiences

We also need to thank Bart for openly calling out and educating the Church on passages in the Bible that the vast majority of theologians recognize as not being part of the original canon. The longer ending of Mark (16:9-19), the section of the woman caught in adultery in John (7:73-8:11), and the 1 John 5:7-8 Trinitarian formula still found in a few Bible translations are all considered inauthentic by most Biblical scholars. Ehrman is right to remind believers of this fact.

Of course, nearly all Bibles clearly omit or mark these passages as suspect in some way, and skeptics should understand that it is through the science of Biblical criticism that such verses are classified as not being known by the early Church nor inspired by God. Bart is certainly not the first to bring these passages to light.

Lastly, I appreciate Bart’s honesty in the interview where he admits that it is the logical problem of evil that has turned him from belief in God vs. any supposed errors in the Bible. Many unbelievers cover the true source of their disbelief with various smokescreens, but I am impressed that Ehrman does not do this.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#115915 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't ask this guy that, and you'll be fine in your continued delusions of denial.
http://www.wyattmuseum.com/
LOL

Ron Wyatt?

Even Christians say he was a fraud.

You do know he's dead, don't you?

Nottingham, UK

#115916 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'all's kind would try to tell anyone that would lend an ear to the foolishness that spews from within you-that Mt Sinai didn't exist-while standing in front of it.
Shameful lot of heathens.
Why do you lie? Is it lies for Jesus week?

Here's exactly what I said....
Khatru wrote:
Moses?
Don't tell me you believe all that stuff about the Israelites in the wilderness and camped at the foot of Mount Sinai?
Where in my post do I claim that Mount Sinai didn't exist?

You must be desperate if you have to invent lies by claiming I said things I never actually did.

Nottingham, UK

#115917 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you whatI don't believe.
I don't believe that I was created by nothing from nothing or that I evolved from nothing.
I don't believe that the non living,nonintelligent and nonconscious are able ,spontaneously or otherwise ,able to create life,consciousness and intelligence.
The reasonn being that ,as complicated as those qualities are , only a fool would make that claim.
A claim for which they can provide no evidence whatsoever ,only wishful thinking...
You have had the opportunity to address that issue and to do it in a sensical manner....You all have failed to do so.
So now you want to talk about Moses, another subject that you are illequipped to discuss....
Krishna loves you.

If only you would open your heart to Krishna, the divine avatar of Lord Vishnu, then you too can experience enlightenment.

All I want is to help you on your way to Krishna Consciousness, so that you will learn that Hinduism is the one true faith.

Nottingham, UK

#115918 Oct 31, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the Huffington Post is a safe link but here's the headline. Christian Science Church In Illinois Looks Exactly Like A Penis (Oops?)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/chri...
You can't tell me that they didn't know what they were doing when they built it. They even put a huge tree right where it needed to be to finish it off. Just Google church penis and it'll show you plenty of links you can chose from or look it up yourself on Google Earth.
You know how big believers are on masculinity.

It's clear to me that they intended their church to look like a giant dong.

Oh holy, holy, holy!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southern justice 2 hr far away 43
Clay county basketball 5 hr It doesnt matter 1
Eric Edwards Law Office 10 hr Concerned Citizen 1
Strange 4 wheeler activity on Rt. 66 13 hr William 7
lil boy 19 hr Sad 15
Can you make it to heaven if you overdose? (Feb '12) 22 hr Mr Wisdom 73
Looking for Carrie Swafford. (Mar '13) Wed Eww 19
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick