Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,591

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115878 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you whatI don't believe.
I don't believe that I was created by nothing from nothing or that I evolved from nothing.
I don't believe that the non living,nonintelligent and nonconscious are able ,spontaneously or otherwise ,able to create life,consciousness and intelligence.
The reasonn being that ,as complicated as those qualities are , only a fool would make that claim.
A claim for which they can provide no evidence whatsoever ,only wishful thinking...
You have had the opportunity to address that issue and to do it in a sensical manner....You all have failed to do so.
So now you want to talk about Moses, another subject that you are illequipped to discuss....
In other words Khatru, he doesn't understand much of anything but he does like the wishful thinking part quite a bit. It makes him feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

By all means curious. Entertain us with your musings on Moses' Moral Massacre, the magic showdown and the fluid dynamics behind how the Red Sea was cleaved in two.
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#115879 Oct 31, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you'll believe anything. I actually have a piece of wood off the Ark if you want to buy it. It doesn't have any growth rings because it never rained before the flood. Three easy payments of $19.99 with free shipping.
No deal for you Charatan--but I'll let you have a post modern dinosaur, with a free box of rabbit pellets for the same.....
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#115880 Oct 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Wyatt? Seriously? GUFFAW!!!
You and your DUHnial just can't stand it that some one ELSE has viewed Mt Sinai up close with their own eyes-and has books on the market about.

Wahwahwah.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115881 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Beats a snake farm!
(but nope, didn't click any links)
Well the Huffington Post is a safe link but here's the headline. Christian Science Church In Illinois Looks Exactly Like A Penis (Oops?)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/chri...

You can't tell me that they didn't know what they were doing when they built it. They even put a huge tree right where it needed to be to finish it off. Just Google church penis and it'll show you plenty of links you can chose from or look it up yourself on Google Earth.
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#115882 Oct 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Sista, you've misconstrued what I said AGAIN.
I think Aesop's fables are fine for children, but not for delusional fundamentalists. You know - the ones that want to burn Macbeth, Grimm's and A Christmas Carol because they mention magic, witches and ghosts, ban Little Red Riding Hood because she had wine in the basket, eradicate the gay teletubbies and Bert & Ernie and rewrite Huck Finn to be PC.
Okay, my bad...pardon my imperfect humanity.
(NEXT time maybe be more specific!?!)
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115883 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you whatI don't believe.
I don't believe that I was created by nothing from nothing or that I evolved from nothing.
I don't believe that the non living,nonintelligent and nonconscious are able ,spontaneously or otherwise ,able to create life,consciousness and intelligence.
The reasonn being that ,as complicated as those qualities are , only a fool would make that claim.
A claim for which they can provide no evidence whatsoever ,only wishful thinking...
You have had the opportunity to address that issue and to do it in a sensical manner....You all have failed to do so.
So now you want to talk about Moses, another subject that you are illequipped to discuss....
Yet you believe God came from nothing. He created dinosaurs, didn't like them so he killed them off. Created humans, felt regret, killed off 99.99% of them and the animals in a flood. Creates Satan and the angels, they don't like God so a third of them leave. Now God is going to come back with fire and destroy all the Earth because now I guess he doesn't like the Earth.

Sounds like God sucks at creating things.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115884 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a few more names out of a list of many.
These are Jews ,whom by reading the NEW TESTAMENT BECAME TOTALLY CONVINCED THAT JESUS IS THE MESSIAH
So much for your nonsencical theory
CHRISTIAN, Paul (Malachi ben Samuel), a Polish rabbi, converts in 1621 several years after being impressed by a Yiddish translation of the New Testament. He is particularly surprised that marginal references to the Hebrew Scriptures are not distorted, as he had been told they would be. He writes, "My heart became full of doubt. No man can believe the pain and ache that assailed my heart. I had no rest day or night.... What should I do? To whom should I speak of these things?" He finally feels he has no choice but to cross over.
ELIAKIM, Ephraim Ben-Joseph, also called Haham Ephraim, a rabbi in Tiberias, Palestine, who after studying biblical prophecies believed that Jesus is the Messiah
GANZ, Richard.A brilliant psychoanalyst who saw Jesus in the Hebrew Scriptures. See his testimony
HALEVI, Solomon, Rabbi, Archbishop of Burgos(1351-1445), a respected physician. After reading Thomas Aquinas’ treatise De Legibus, examined the Messianic prophecies of the OT and the Pauline Epistles of the NT. He was baptized at the age of 31 and then studied theology
OLASKY, Marvin. Born ina Jewish-American family, Marvin declared himself an atheist at 13 and remained so for the next decade. Then followed three transition years that ended with his becoming a Christian at age twenty-six. A renowned syndicated columnist
SITENHOF, Benjamin, comes to believe in Christ by reading a Polish New Testament, and builds a refugee center in Danzig in 1923 (then a "free city" under the protectorate of the League of nations and gateway to the west from Eastern Europe
STONE, Nathanpublishes in 1944 Names of God in the Old Testament, a study showing that the attributes of God in the Old Testament belong as well to Christ as He is depicted in the New Testament. Stone becomes director of the Jewish missions program at Moody Bible Institute
Yea, yea, yea, and many Christians have been converted to Islam after reading the Koran. None of this proves anything other than people will believe stories with zero evidence.
BTW, Christians often convert to Judaism.
You have still failed to answer my question about an atheist teaching the bible class.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115885 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your DUHnial just can't stand it that some one ELSE has viewed Mt Sinai up close with their own eyes-and has books on the market about.
Wahwahwah.
There is your worship of the region shining through like june bugs on a screen door again. I've never seen anyone gush over rocks and dust quite like you do. Makes me wonder if you smoke a cigarette after posting about middle east landmarks.

I dare say that millions of people have viewed Mt. Sinai up close with their own eyes. That is hardly an amazing accomplishment. Why should I be surprised that you seem to think that the yardstick of accuracy is finding a publisher? Oh, gotcha. It's that OCD name dropping thing, I wouldn't understand.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115886 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I would assume that the same rules that are applied to teaching evolution and the Scientific theory of the BB would be applied.
So they would point to what has evidence? Then not much of the bible would be included.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115887 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, my bad...pardon my imperfect humanity.
(NEXT time maybe be more specific!?!)
I was specific and I didn't propose censorship. I don't think 3rd graders should be reviewing Cujo in English class, but that doesn't imply "burn Stephen King at the stake."

Either nothing is perfect or everything is. It is an absolute. By humanity's gauge, no one and no thing is. It's one of the prime arguments that there is no "Perfect Creator."

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115888 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So they would point to what has evidence? Then not much of the bible would be included.
There were some collateral and incidental historical facts that made it into the Bible. At least King Herod was real, and most of the place names. Not Bethlehem, but others...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115889 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,I would not mind having a JEW TEACHING THE CLASS.
Who did you have in mind? Friedrich Niezchke or maybe Sigmund Freud, both who were afflicted by mental illness , a condition that also afflicts Atheists in inordinate numbers.
Since Atheists base their moral code on their personal desires , they are hardly qualified to pass judgement on a valid moral code.
That , automatically , disqualifies them.
But , check this out , 3 names from a long list;
Continued on next post
Disqualifies them? And who told you atheists base their moral code upon personal desires? Someone has been blindly believing hateful religious propaganda. That would be you.

I have many desires in which I do not act upon due to my moral code.

So for the sake of debate, lets assume a teacher applying to teach the bible class did have only his personal desires as his moral code. Now just how would you go about knowing if his morals were bad?
Seems as if he has not broken laws, it would be hard to disqualify them.
And why would his personal feelings matter anyway? My point is, this is one reason the class is problematic for government. You are putting religion into a secular stetting. Ones personal beliefs will likely be put into the class. But government is not going to exclude someone due to their personal religion as far as teaching goes.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115890 Oct 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There were some collateral and incidental historical facts that made it into the Bible. At least King Herod was real, and most of the place names. Not Bethlehem, but others...
But the claims of Herod are not verifiable. In fact, some are known to be false(No census). So the bible is a poor source for history. It seems it would only confuse students to what is real history.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115891 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call me a hypcosrite all day long.
It doesn't make it true.
As far as that "turning the other cheek" stuff, I give consideration to the situation in which it might apply, and as well as when it might not.
I'm turning one on your ignorance and hatefulness right now.
But I will mention again-I have my OWN opinions and interpretations-and I do NOT need you to explain ANY words definition to me, as I read and comprehend exceptionally just fine thank you.
Of course accusing does not make it so. So when you call me a hypocrite for calling you a hypocrite, it really means nothing, except the fact you have no rebuttal.
Now I show evidence of your hypocrisy. I can point out exactly what you are being hypocritical about. You have yet to do so when you call me a hypocrite. That is the difference.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115892 Oct 31, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you believe God came from nothing. He created dinosaurs, didn't like them so he killed them off. Created humans, felt regret, killed off 99.99% of them and the animals in a flood. Creates Satan and the angels, they don't like God so a third of them leave. Now God is going to come back with fire and destroy all the Earth because now I guess he doesn't like the Earth.
Sounds like God sucks at creating things.
Your incoherent analysis of those events , without going into the details given in the Bible as to why God acted as he did,is evidence that you are incapable of logical thought.
Your ignorance is further displayed in your misinformed and
erroneous allegation that I believe God came from nothing.
If you believe that Nothing created you from Nothing , that is your problem.
That you are incapable of supporting that position with any semblance of credible evidence or theory leads me to conclude that your beliefs are based solely on irrational thought and wishful thinking... That applies not only to you and your many monikers ,but also to the other 1 or 2 fools that hibernate on this thread.

They need not be named ,as it is very plain who those fools are.
I am sure I will be hearing from them before too long.
As it is written;
A wise man speaks because he has something to say , a fool speaks because he has to say something

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115893 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>But the claims of Herod are not verifiable. In fact, some are known to be false(No census). So the bible is a poor source for history. It seems it would only confuse students to what is real history.
I wasn't meaning to use the Bible as a source - more as a footnote.
"Herod the Great constructed the Caesarea Maritima... Yes Johnny, that King Herod. Now to continue, Herod built..."
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115894 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your incoherent analysis of those events , without going into the details given in the Bible as to why God acted as he did,is evidence that you are incapable of logical thought.
Your ignorance is further displayed in your misinformed and
erroneous allegation that I believe God came from nothing.
If you believe that Nothing created you from Nothing , that is your problem.
That you are incapable of supporting that position with any semblance of credible evidence or theory leads me to conclude that your beliefs are based solely on irrational thought and wishful thinking... That applies not only to you and your many monikers ,but also to the other 1 or 2 fools that hibernate on this thread.
They need not be named ,as it is very plain who those fools are.
I am sure I will be hearing from them before too long.
As it is written;
A wise man speaks because he has something to say , a fool speaks because he has to say something
Well whatever excuse you have for your God not being created from nothing then just turn it around and give the Earth the same excuse. Oh, the Earth is outside of time, it's timeless or eternal and it's the Alpha and the Omega or whatever BS you guys use.

And as far as my different monikers go, do you really have trouble picking my posts out no matter what my name is? I've explained why I do it more than once and it's not like I was caught doing it, I'm the one who told you I was doing it. Get over it already, you wine about it in every post.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115896 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
And so would've SOME of humanity-those with some actual intelligence anyway.
Sure, but of course a god would know many are ignorant to what causes war.
My point stands. The bible is fuel for war. We could have gone without it for the better.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115897 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, yea, yea, and many Christians have been converted to Islam after reading the Koran. None of this proves anything other than people will believe stories with zero evidence.
BTW, Christians often convert to Judaism.
You have still failed to answer my question about an atheist teaching the bible class.
I answered your question before . Atheists are not fit to teach bible class since they do not believe the bible.
Are you,Moronic?
Why would I hire an attorney to represent me, who openly states that he does not believe in my innocence?

Talking about people believing in something with 00000 evidence.
Let us analyze Atheistic belief.
Let us start with the word NOTHING.
Stephen Hawkins has a theory that NOTHING ,spontaneouly , created something from Nothing and that this is the cause that created life and the Universe. He attributes this to the law of Gravity.
He provides no evidence as to how this is possible or how that theory can be tested.
Others believe that nonintelligent nonliving,nonconscious matter
somehow, was able to spontaneously , attain properties that it does not posses,and had no way of creating those miraculous properties.
That is the issue that I have raised, which you Atheists have to run away from and avoid because your only explanation is based on incomprehensible wishful thinking.
Chroe claims that I do not understand and he is right, I donot understand wishful thinking and neither do any of you,as you are totally unable to give even a semilucid explanation for your opinions.
Other than, wishful thinking that somwday Science will be able to explain the Miraculous.
Jews, Muslims and Christians all believe in God.
The question that arises is" Is Jesus the son of God" Is he the promised messiah?
The Jews deny him, the Muslims believe he is a prophet and we believe him to be the SON of God
He told us beforehand that there would be those who would deny him and there would be those who would falsely claim to be him.
Therefore ,it is not surprising that the Jews deny him and that the Muslims , although admitting he is a prophet , claim that Mohammed is greater.
Fools, on the other hand , will believe that which is logically and naturally impossible.
That Nothing created something from nothing or that nonliving,non conscious and nonintelligent matter ,somehow was able to attain unto life ,intelligence and consciousness.
As is obvious,your beliefs stretch credulity ,reason , and common sense way beyond their limits.
You have travelled down a path that even the most ardent Science Fiction writers on steroids fear to travel.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115898 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am, very well behaved-and that's what bothers ya.
YOUR problem, because it works just fine for me.
You write colorful, long winded, demeaning condemnations and name calling, yet somehow in your mind, you feel this is good behavior? Wow, you really are in a massive delusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aunt Bees restaurant buy free turkey 1 hr Heardtheydid 3
old music 1 hr Chris douglad 1
El Cazador shut down???? 6 hr just me 13
worst mothers in clay county 19 hr abc 13
Obama sending 6,000 immigrants to live in manch... 21 hr scirocco 42
New City Council 21 hr City Voter 8
Rapture Sheeple Still Laughing At CHRISTIANS 21 hr Nuff Said 4
Manchester Dating
Find my Match

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:54PM
What Experts Are Saying About Bucs vs. Bengals?
NBC Sports 7:03 AM
Report: Devon Still hasn't paid child support since July
Bleacher Report 8:25 AM
Mercurial Justin Hunter Continues to Disappoint
Bleacher Report 9:40 AM
Mother of Still's Daughter Speaks on Alleged Missed Child Support Payments
ESPN10:51 AM
Still: Claims of unpaid child support untrue