Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149673 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115834 Oct 30, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I've made my choice and I'm not going to hell and there's nothing your god can do to make me.
Whatever you want to believe...
known fact

United States

#115835 Oct 30, 2013
If humans came from dirt then why do we still have dirt?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115836 Oct 30, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole subject has turned into a way Unbelievers can jump believers with their ill behavior and display thier ignorance if the word.
I don't think it's healthy for believers to constantly try continue to carry on a conversation, maybe we can only plant a seed of faith but the unsaved are using this forum to spew hate and Jesus saw immediately who would believe and who wouldn't he spoke his encouraging and uplifting words to who loved him not to those who hated him, he rebuked them once and walked away ignoring them.
You, YaA and curious completely misunderstand the bubbles you live in and you defensively misconstrue what is said to you about it. Pointing that out is not hate speech.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115837 Oct 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You, YaA and curious completely misunderstand the bubbles you live in and you defensively misconstrue what is said to you about it. Pointing that out is not hate speech.
Instead of making bland statements without any supporting evidence why do you not enlighten us with some facts.
What is this"Completely misunderstand the bubbles you live in bla blah blah to which you are alluding?
Enlighten us, if you will...
Seems to me that the unbelief of Atheists has led them down a one way street and there is only one way out.
You are welcome to try and dig them out of the hole they have dug for themselves.....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115838 Oct 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of making bland statements without any supporting evidence why do you not enlighten us with some facts.
What is this"Completely misunderstand the bubbles you live in bla blah blah to which you are alluding?
Enlighten us, if you will...
Seems to me that the unbelief of Atheists has led them down a one way street and there is only one way out.
You are welcome to try and dig them out of the hole they have dug for themselves.....
Why would I waste time elaborating facts, evidence and statistics to the likes of a fundamentalist whack job? There has always been an overwhelming ratio of Christians to atheists in this country, yet your addled mind seems to think that 99% of all societies' ills are attributable to a historically small minority that has had a comparably small voice in policies and procedures. I'm not interested in prolonged thoughtful diatribes with you when I know from experience that 1) you don't accept objective evidence 2) you don't want to understand any other point of view and 3) it has been demonstrated a foregone conclusion that you are egotistically hostile, logically challenged and morally unprincipled at the outset. It is not because I have no retort to your long winded villainies that I don't normally address you, it is because you are only marginally worth the effort of even a bland quip.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115839 Oct 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Testament tells us of Jesus's coming.
The New Testament confirms his arrival.
That,in spite of the nonsense spouted by former monokers as UMM and Yiago.
I am assuming that they are still here ,using other monikers and you may well be one or both of those.
So, it makes me no difference which is taught.
Those parents who oppose having it taught to their children should be given the opportunity to have their children withheld from attending those classes.
They should be made available only to those who wish to attend.
Do you think the public schools should emphasis your belief the bible is claiming Jesus is the prophesy of the OT or just let them figure that out on their own?

What I am genuinely confused about is, just what is the school teaching about the bible that the bible does not say?
If any of it is left to the interpretation of the teacher or the government, it seems to be the state is teaching its version of the religion.
We know their are many disputes even among believers about what the bible means, much less non believers. So who's version of interpretation is to be taught?
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115840 Oct 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , I explained why their objective is not to make fun of religion and specifically pointed out what their objective is,quoting their words.
If you did not understand it then,posting it again will be of no value.
Go back and read it and get back to me.
If you or they believe that listening to Bon Jovi will resolve their problem , you all are going tgo be in for a huge disappointment.
You will only end up with a huge headache and discombobulated eardrums.As if you guys didn't already have enough problems
Well I think it's funny as hell and I bet if they had the 17 billion dollar budget each year like religion gets, it would be much better spent and do a lot more for people.

I think it's almost as funny as the Christian Science Church they built. You can't tell me that this wasn't done on purpose. The slogan of the church is "Rising Up." Religion is a joke.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/chri...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115841 Oct 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just returning the same back unto the same.
I really do not care why you do it, just pointing out how hypocritical it is. Your excuse changes nothing.
Ever thing we do it for the same reasons you do?
The difference is, we are not condemning, condemning. So you are the sole hypocrite on this.

I take it, you are not a fan of turning the other cheek also. That is fine, as long as you do not claim turning the other cheek what should be done. It is not a perfect philosophy by any means anyway. It is simply the opinion of the man many feel is a god.
Most of the believers do not follow his opinion anyway. It is called hypocrisy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115842 Oct 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature of the beast(s).
Sure, and a god would have known better to create that which better enables the ruling powers to make war. But that is exactly what blind belief does.

Since: Oct 13

Covington, KY

#115843 Oct 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> So who's version of interpretation is to be taught?
I have read different versions too but God will help to make known all things through Jesus Christ by the help of the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Faith in you always. Believing in God for all things by faith, so he can be with me then more by faith seeking to know Gods loving Spirit in my life.

I seek God in Prayer, my thoughts and in my Worship over the World and steadfastly have the faith to know truth not lies through my Worshiping of him I am able to feel him thanks be to God for being ever present and willing to be in contact with us.

I happily look to when we all are with him and all he has for us. I know its far more than we can imagine. I pray he does more so increase the faith I have felt and know in Jesus the Holy Spirit to do mighty works in my life. I know and I am thankful God is lovingly me so much giving me all he has in my life and I serve him gladly.

I rejoice in Christ calling me and letting me grow with him through his leading and having faith in him to do all things for me to be who God wants me to be and who Christ called me to be.

Receiving guidance of Spirit and Christ having such love for me too choosing me & love from the Holy Spirit while sharing all Christ has given to me and will give unto me in faith. And the support in the Spirit, uplifting words, encouragement and love from my fellow believers in Christ.

Christ is strong when I am weak and being able to receive and give love through his word and love is more than my troubles in life and greater than mans ability to contain, counterfeit, duplicate and know without faith.

And he can work through me if I have faith, the devil fears God and those who follow the devil fear Jesus and even those who now are struggling with belief but harm those of Christ's fear The Holy Spirit because they know only mans ways but Gods ways are not our own.

I am even experiencing seeing fear and lack of Faith toward Christs words and Gods words to me because of limited faith even of those who Christ may have saved with his word through the Bible, the Holy Spirit can tell them all but they need to be set free of the captivity of mans ways.

Tradition and mans wisdom holds some in only believing the Bible is only a history of what happened to them back then, thinking everything is all neatly over or it couldn't happen to me because Jesus isn't here to do it like he was.
Those people then lacked faith to believe what they weren't taught, denying the ways of Christ, and not letting him though the Holy Spirit show them.

The time is coming when those will follow the evil one because he has manipulated us with the world thus far and with those who show signs and wonders to try to make even the elect fall.

But everyone has the knowledge of the true God don't be ignorant of his Spirit to know the difference in my struggle to share the true Glory of God I have experienced in faith it will help some and the false glory of the devils attempts.

Those who have felt faith in what is of God know truth, the way and the light of Jesus and no mater what we experience we do not fear but we share the same Spirit and are one in Christ Jesus being comforted by the Holy Spirit and knowing him to help us and listening to what the Spirit says to the Churches.

I love sharing in the Spirit Worshipping God while being together in fellowship of Christ.(remember, when two or more are gathered in Christs name, then he is there and with him - we have church).

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115844 Oct 30, 2013
non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if the black pastor was a student of James The Preacher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0ImdXvFB1hMXX
Damn those Christians!

Why do they always get the hot chicks?

That one propped up against the lamppost is hot!

Cambridge, UK

#115845 Oct 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not ask one Jew whether Jesus was the Messiah , I asked 12 Jews , who knew him and they said that he was The Messiah and that they were willing to die for that belief AND THEY DID DIE FOR THAT BELIEF.
Foolish one , It is not I that is telling them they are wrong,It is
their Scriptures that is telling them they are wrong.
Moses told them in advance ,way back then , of his coming and when he arrived theystill would not believe him.
I cansee why you defend the Jews and their unbelief, You are also afflicted by their blindness.
Moses?

Don't tell me you believe all that stuff about the Israelites in the wilderness and camped at the foot of Mount Sinai?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115846 Oct 30, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think it's funny as hell and I bet if they had the 17 billion dollar budget each year like religion gets, it would be much better spent and do a lot more for people.
I think it's almost as funny as the Christian Science Church they built. You can't tell me that this wasn't done on purpose. The slogan of the church is "Rising Up." Religion is a joke.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/chri...
Your response is in no way indicative of the moniker you pilfered in order to hide from the Topix mod.
Your poster is spattered all over the Topix Post Ofice.
And your posting , instead of being factual, is sprinkled with phrases such as " I think , I bet".
The 2 Comedians that established your church , are no doubt laughing all the way to the bank.
They have already started a fund raiser claiming they need hundreds of thousands of dollars for some dubious expeneses.
Guess that is what happens when your comedy creer is on the skids.
You concoct a laughable idea in order to draw foolish unbelievers into believing you can provide them with a laughable service ,and then bleed them dry.
Here is hoping they will share in their illgotten gains with Bon Jovi ,since it is his CD that they will be playing at these gatherings.
If these 2 clowns were smart , they would hire me as part of their entertainment.
I would do my Elvis imitation and get them " All shook Up"

Oh well bless my soul ,what's a wrong with me
I'll be singing to the Atheists at their jamboree
I'll read from the Bible and give them a booyah
And they'll all be shouting ,Glory hallelujah
And once they realize how wrong they have been
The room will be filled with shouts of Amen
Uhu uhu yeah yeah ,they're all shook up.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115847 Oct 30, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read different versions too but God will help to make known all things through Jesus Christ by the help of the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Faith in you always. Believing in God for all things by faith, so he can be with me then more by faith seeking to know Gods loving Spirit in my life.
I seek God in Prayer, my thoughts and in my Worship over the World and steadfastly have the faith to know truth not lies through my Worshiping of him I am able to feel him thanks be to God for being ever present and willing to be in contact with us.
I happily look to when we all are with him and all he has for us. I know its far more than we can imagine. I pray he does more so increase the faith I have felt and know in Jesus the Holy Spirit to do mighty works in my life. I know and I am thankful God is lovingly me so much giving me all he has in my life and I serve him gladly.
I rejoice in Christ calling me and letting me grow with him through his leading and having faith in him to do all things for me to be who God wants me to be and who Christ called me to be.
Receiving guidance of Spirit and Christ having such love for me too choosing me & love from the Holy Spirit while sharing all Christ has given to me and will give unto me in faith. And the support in the Spirit, uplifting words, encouragement and love from my fellow believers in Christ.
Christ is strong when I am weak and being able to receive and give love through his word and love is more than my troubles in life and greater than mans ability to contain, counterfeit, duplicate and know without faith.
And he can work through me if I have faith, the devil fears God and those who follow the devil fear Jesus and even those who now are struggling with belief but harm those of Christ's fear The Holy Spirit because they know only mans ways but Gods ways are not our own.
I am even experiencing seeing fear and lack of Faith toward Christs words and Gods words to me because of limited faith even of those who Christ may have saved with his word through the Bible, the Holy Spirit can tell them all but they need to be set free of the captivity of mans ways.
Tradition and mans wisdom holds some in only believing the Bible is only a history of what happened to them back then, thinking everything is all neatly over or it couldn't happen to me because Jesus isn't here to do it like he was.
Those people then lacked faith to believe what they weren't taught, denying the ways of Christ, and not letting him though the Holy Spirit show them.
The time is coming when those will follow the evil one because he has manipulated us with the world thus far and with those who show signs and wonders to try to make even the elect fall.
But everyone has the knowledge of the true God don't be ignorant of his Spirit to know the difference in my struggle to share the true Glory of God I have experienced in faith it will help some and the false glory of the devils attempts.
Those who have felt faith in what is of God know truth, the way and the light of Jesus and no mater what we experience we do not fear but we share the same Spirit and are one in Christ Jesus being comforted by the Holy Spirit and knowing him to help us and listening to what the Spirit says to the Churches.
I love sharing in the Spirit Worshipping God while being together in fellowship of Christ.(remember, when two or more are gathered in Christs name, then he is there and with him - we have church).
That is a GREAT POST..Thank you

Cambridge, UK

#115848 Oct 30, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole subject has turned into a way Unbelievers can jump believers with their ill behavior and display thier ignorance if the word.
I don't think it's healthy for believers to constantly try continue to carry on a conversation, maybe we can only plant a seed of faith but the unsaved are using this forum to spew hate and Jesus saw immediately who would believe and who wouldn't he spoke his encouraging and uplifting words to who loved him not to those who hated him, he rebuked them once and walked away ignoring them.
Who are you to say who is saved and who isn't. That's your god's job - not yours.

Be careful, he smites cities and has killed thousands for a lot less than that.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115849 Oct 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I waste time elaborating facts, evidence and statistics to the likes of a fundamentalist whack job? There has always been an overwhelming ratio of Christians to atheists in this country, yet your addled mind seems to think that 99% of all societies' ills are attributable to a historically small minority that has had a comparably small voice in policies and procedures. I'm not interested in prolonged thoughtful diatribes with you when I know from experience that 1) you don't accept objective evidence 2) you don't want to understand any other point of view and 3) it has been demonstrated a foregone conclusion that you are egotistically hostile, logically challenged and morally unprincipled at the outset. It is not because I have no retort to your long winded villainies that I don't normally address you, it is because you are only marginally worth the effort of even a bland quip.
Well , it is you who stated that I , amomg others ,completely misunderstand the bubbles we live in etc,etc,
That statement is clear sa black mud.
I asked you to explain what you meant and obviously , since that statement is meaningless , you were quite unable to give it meaning.
Therefore you changed gears and threw a tantrum.
c'est la vie ,que sera ,sera what will be will be

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115850 Oct 30, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
From "The History of Strawberry Shortcake, My Lil' Pony and Care Bears in U.S. Secondary Education", 3rd edition.

Cambridge, UK

#115851 Oct 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
From "The History of Strawberry Shortcake, My Lil' Pony and Care Bears in U.S. Secondary Education", 3rd edition.
Lol!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#115852 Oct 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is of a certainty that your limited reading experience has led you to some outrageous conclusions.

I make that claim based on the sources that you have just cited.

That limited history of your reading experience may well explain the irresponsible and illucid commets found in your postings.

If it is your desire to remain in a mental state of confusion,then I would suggest that you read a book written by Richard Dawkins.

As an aside; If you desire to gradually increase your mental acumen and increase your knowledge , I suggest you start by reading Aesops Fables.
But, do it gradually , as it may cause mental shock.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115853 Oct 30, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped reading your post when I noted you did not have the respect to actually answer the question asked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for info on family (Apr '10) 3 hr Mike feldman 14
Pokemon Go 3 hr pokeman 4
Taco Bell in Manchester is a joke 5 hr Hardly Smart 12
Tim Lawson 6 hr Yeti 2
2006 Rubicon 500 4 sale 9 hr Rick 3
Ronald Gibson 10 hr You Know Me G 3
Harrison 13 hr shame 6

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance