Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
107,461 - 107,480 of 130,549 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112598 Sep 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time.. I do not Believe they existed.... I not Believe anything.... They fall the high end of I Don't Know and the low end of I Think I know, its a sliding scale.... But for the thoughts the writings attributed to Plato and maybe a mystical Socrates gave us stand alone without it really mattering if they were mythical allegorical people of later writers or living, breathing people ... Jesus has to be real for his story to hold it's own weight as it relies on his deification from mortal flesh for redemption....
Which is why people should never use that as an excuse to act how ever badly they choose to while here on this earth. That's a pretty lame nothing but an excuse for bad behavior then too.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112599 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because YaA doesn't subject everyone posting around him, to misery, doesn't mean this country isn't real, or that everyone in it that holds a belief in Jesus is delusional.
It just means that those of you that want to insult others for believing differently from what you don't believe, against those who exhibit a certain decency in humanity, kindness, ethics and RESPECT of and for Others, have a BAD and negative attitude.
Shame on YOU and THEM.
Didn't your parents ever teach you ANY thing, other than half wit heathern hedonism and bullying tacTics?
Shame on THEM too, if not!
So straighten up, there's NO reason to interject such ignorance and ugliness . None whatsoever! It just totally degrades and degenerates descent discussions DOWN, into the lowest level realms of stupid.
Call it what it is, Sista.
Believing that the mountaintops were flooded to a depth of 15 cubits 4,500 years ago is a delusion. Believing that is what caused all of the sedimentary layers on Earth and the deposition and formation of fossils is a delusion. Believing that all of the fields of science are conspiring to undermine the story of Genesis is a delusion.
If he and you WANT to believe that Jesus was a demigod sacrificed so that you can live forever, go for it, but don't pretend it's supported by any evidence - and if you believe that the '50's were some wondrous conservative utopia you're delusional, too.
Oh, and for the record, I AM tired of being subjected to it.
Lol

United States

#112600 Sep 7, 2013
Lol

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#112601 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet faithful Christian families suffer all the time. Their children suffer terrible diseases for years on end, then die. No god is working to help them. They pray and all their friends pray for them and nothing happens. It is a false hope.

The kid you speak of could have gone on in life without an ear with relatively little problems. But evidently your god thought that one important and others not important. It is so unfair like that it just looks as if it a hoax.
Maybe this will help answer your question.

http://www.lds.org/ensign/1996/02/discerning-...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#112602 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, every church believes the other is wrong. Thus it is more likely all of them are wrong, even yours. Yet all these people will testify theirs is true due to the holy spirit or something of this nature. So it stands to reason the testimonies or of a delusion. So to claim yours are not, is just as silly as theirs. Take the outsiders test.
Maybe this will help you.

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1979/04...
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112603 Sep 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing that the mountaintops were flooded to a depth of 15 cubits 4,500 years ago is a delusion. Believing that is what caused all of the sedimentary layers on Earth and the deposition and formation of fossils is a delusion. Believing that all of the fields of science are conspiring to undermine the story of Genesis is a delusion.
If he and you WANT to believe that Jesus was a demigod sacrificed so that you can live forever, go for it, but don't pretend it's supported by any evidence - and if you believe that the '50's were some wondrous conservative utopia you're delusional, too.
I'd rather be subjected to slightly skewed positive ions, than endless streams of life draining and soul darkening elements of hatred derived of abject ignorance A-N-Y day.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112604 Sep 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
and I think America is sick of all the war mongering and deviant division tacTics of depravity too.

Imbecilic Nutcases.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112605 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are to discuss the irrational and illogical let us begin with the following;
The Universe , all therein including life as we know it could not have been created by a super intelligence well beyond our abilities to comprehend .
It could only have been created by accidental means.
Because we are unable to identify this supernatural power by using natural means , we therefore must conclude that;
You must not conclude a supernatural power. It is just your superstition to assign the supernatural to all things not yet known.
Even Jesus had this problem, as he assigned demons to germs. His era was ignorant to germs, so they assigned a supernatural power to its effects, just as you are doing now to the big bang.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112606 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I
Once this something was created from nothing it was able to acquire intelligence and life by some unexplainable means.
There you go assuming we all believe their was ever "nothing". It is not what I think happened.
And again, just because it is unexplainable, or maybe just hard for you to fathom, does not mean you should assign the supernatural to it.
The ancients did not understand weather, so they assigned supernatural gods to the weather. The ancients did not understand the sun, moon and planets, so they assigned supernatural gods to them. We know better now, when are you going to learn?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112607 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
and I think America is sick of all the war mongering and deviant division tacTics of depravity too.
Imbecilic Nutcases.
Yes, Bush and the republican party gave us enough of that last decade. It is about time you got the memo.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112608 Sep 7, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help answer your question.
http://www.lds.org/ensign/1996/02/discerning-...
So now you do not even attempt to answer the questions, but just send us straight to the propaganda web site?
Well thanks for showing us how you get your answers. It is not from your mind and understanding of scriptures, it is straight from propaganda. Who would have guessed.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112609 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

How this happened can not be explained other than to say that over a period of billions of years , it did occur.
O.
Again, just because it is not explained (to you) does not mean it had to be of the supernatural. This is what the incredibly superstitious do.

Let me also point out, I do not need to know all answers to all things in order to know the god of the bible is immoral and sounds made up by power hungry men to control the superstitious people. That is evident from the horrors the bible tells of the many murders by the people on your team in the name of your god.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#112610 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Bush and the republican party gave us enough of that last decade. It is about time you got the memo.
Not Bushes fault he had the burden of having to deal with a NATO request to push back a rogue, chemical weapons slinging, nation invading thug like Saddam, and the resulting domino effects enacted by the extreme jihadist-psychopath bin_laden et al.

The main differences being-we weren't LOOKING to start war, like the current clown in office.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112611 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Only thing I have in common with monkeys is that we both like bananas and like to climb trees.
So you don't have a body? You don't have hair? You don't have teeth? You don't have ears"? You don't have two arms, two legs, two hands, two thumbs, two eyes, two nostrils, a brain, a spine, nerves, and bones? I could go on and on.
Do you have the ability to replicate? Does your kind have a womb and bear offspring from their bodies? Does your kind give milk to feed the offspring? I could go on, but I am sure your mind is closed off to our similarities because it offends your senses.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112612 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Bushes fault he had the burden of having to deal with a NATO request to push back a rogue, chemical weapons slinging, nation invading thug like Saddam, and the resulting domino effects enacted by the extreme jihadist-psychopath bin_laden et al.
The main differences being-we weren't LOOKING to start war, like the current clown in office.
Are you serious? Not looking for war? Not Bush's fault? Bullshit. It is all Bush's fault, and he wanted war. He sought war. He begged for war. He got his war.

Look at the partisan, giving a pass to his boy. What a joke you are. You have no credibility to say a thing about Obama in war if this is your attitude. Why? Because you have double standards. Double standards are a true sign of being wrong. This is how I judge religion, and this is how I judge you. You are consistently a hypocrite. You are so consistently hypocritical, it really just boggles my mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112613 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because YaA doesn't subject everyone posting around him, to misery, doesn't mean this country isn't real, or that everyone in it that holds a belief in Jesus is delusional.
It just means that those of you that want to insult others for believing differently from what you don't believe, against those who exhibit a certain decency in humanity, kindness, ethics and RESPECT of and for Others, have a BAD and negative attitude.
Shame on YOU and THEM.
Didn't your parents ever teach you ANY thing, other than half wit heathern hedonism and bullying tacTics?
Shame on THEM too, if not!
So straighten up, there's NO reason to interject such ignorance and ugliness . None whatsoever! It just totally degrades and degenerates descent discussions DOWN, into the lowest level realms of stupid.
I am not disputing this post, just wanted to point out how hypocritical it is.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112614 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched a Priest (with some major Phd type degrees in Science) and a Physicist say almost the same thing yesterday, on a show about Darwin and BOTH of them agreed, while evo's NS theory on environmental adaption is fairly obvious, Derwin missed/lacked a lot and therefore the theory is still incomplete FLAWED, NOT in any way, a theory for "everything", as it in NO way explains the actual "beginning of life" as we know it...as in the theory does NOT apply to THAT.
They used Loius Pasteur's research to VERIFY why it obviously does NOT apply to Derwins NS theory.(which in YaA's defense, he HAS pointedly stated that on more than one occasion, just in a different manner).
Thoughts (much preferred, rather than just letting abject ignorance runneth outeth thy handeths as they posteth)?
And keep it decent and respectful of OTHERS please.
The name is DARWIN. Guess you do not have enough respect to say the name properly. Typical of hypocrites.
Did anyone claim Darwin's theory was the theory for everything? Nope, so why divert and rant about this?
You and YaA both do the same, divert from what is the theory, to what is not the theory, as if that had anything to do with the debate. Got a problem with Darwin? Then spit it out, but diverting just makes you look to have no valid argument.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#112615 Sep 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You really can't grasp what I said can you... Method of Conversion varies widely but there is no evidence of anything ever being Created...
Just because you have not taken the time in your life to learn of the records that exist or assume the only records that count are those written by men is only your personal issues... The Records are written at every point of conversion in the very elemental make up of the converted... And one must actually learn how to read those records which are far more informative than the pitiful writings of men...
Now back to the Egg thing.. The Question has Never been which came first the Chicken or the Chicken Egg... The Question has always been for as long as it has been asked which came first the chicken or the egg... Simple Chickens did not exist until Man took a Wild Foul and selectively bred it into what we call a Chicken... Chicken and Chicken Egg occurred at the exact same instant when the first person Name the foul he converted... But the "Egg" dates back Billions of years, long before animals walked the land....
I can not grasp what you said because you have said nothing that I could hear. I have read what you have WRITTEN ,which according to you , I should consider as " the pitiful writings of men"
Your explanation about the chicken should be featured on a comedy show.
You are alluding to an unwitnessed event that no one knows took place ,where it took place or when it took place.
other than , according to you "Chicken and Chicken Egg occurred at the exact same instant when the first person Name the foul he converted"
But I could be wrong ,, Were you there ? or did someone tell you about it? If so ,was it hundreds of years after this event took place?
You know where I am going with that ...I will go no further.
LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112616 Sep 7, 2013
Azazel wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up as a JW and we were not allowed to say the pledge at school because we were not allowed to pledge our allegiance to anyone except God. We could stand but we had to keep our hands down to our side and be quiet. If they played the national anthem then we were not allowed to stand for that and had to remain seated.
That makes it hard on children who then get picked on and asked why they hate their country or why they hate God. The adult JWs seldom had to go through this so it was real easy for the parents to tell their children how much it would displease God and how we might as well bow down before Satan.
Just another example of mind control over children to brainwash them at a young age. What a wasted youth.
And I note the JW do not try to dispute the system to make law, so none protested the pledge being in schools.
Thanks for showing how this pledge violates some persons religious beliefs. This is precisely why America is secular, and this pledge is not secular. The contradiction of this pledge is startling to me. It blows my mind so many cannot see the contradiction.
These people have no idea of the value of secularism.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112617 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>There is less written "About" Plato, and yet you believe he existed!
Of course... don't believe what Millions of Christ's followers tell you about what Christ did for us!
Just remember this...
When you NEED Him, His Name is Jesus!
Call on Him!
You'll be Glad you did!
No one worships Plato. Plato's words are not hinged upon Plato existing or not. It does not matter if Plato was Plato. It does not matter if the writings attributed to Plato were of Plato.
Plato's words are just food for thought. No one need hinge his worldview on Plato's every word. He is free to accept of not accept his philosophies. No threats of eternal lakes of fire come with Plato's advice. Plato makes no demands. He is simply a philosopher and claims to be no more than that.

Now apply that to your Jesus. You go far beyond just taking his words as advice, you insist he is a god and must be obeyed. You insist his death caused some absolution of peoples atrocities.
I say he has no right to give this absolution, because I do not see him as a god. I am not even sure he was a person. And you cannot prove either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min Username 1,551
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min DITCH HARRY 151,286
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Johnny Blade 81,600
Rocky branch gooserock 2 hr Jr Riley 7
pine tree needs closed for good 3 hr fortune cookie 9
County Judge Executive 5 hr wow 5
Charlotte patterson 5 hr from dirty surfaces 2
Melanda Adams Fri Curious 11
You’re Screwed Now Thu Reads too much 2
•••
•••
Manchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters