Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,556

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112583 Sep 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That only show you have no education in how dating is done or in rational thinking, a totally delusional mind... Dating requires more than one of many methods to be given weight....
No!
It only shows you sucking what "THEY" tell you with a straw!
No... there was no global flood, only local floods!
Fossils are formed by rotting carcasses covered with dust for centuries...
The world ain't old enough to fit our position, let's find another way of dating to make us look smarter than B'levers...
Call me delusional all you want, but I can guarantee you this...
That will only last til your last breath!
God is real, no matter how much you want Him Not to be!
Prayers for you!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112584 Sep 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't... They are Written long after the time... They would validate it if they had maybe scribbled a note on a wall, pot, clay tablet when he walked on water that made note of such a miraculous event when it happened... To write down "There Once was this guy that walked on water" 100 years later does not validate anything...
There is less written "About" Plato, and yet you believe he existed!
Of course... don't believe what Millions of Christ's followers tell you about what Christ did for us!
Just remember this...
When you NEED Him, His Name is Jesus!
Call on Him!
You'll be Glad you did!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112585 Sep 7, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had any proof the dog was a mutt. How do you know it isn't a purebred missing papers?
Really? Adam and Eve, global flood, parting the Red Sea, staves to snakes and back again, etc. magical et al?

When you claim your dog levitates, has retractable thumbs, prehensile ears and recites Voltaire in flawless Mandarin Chinese, I'm going to call it a damned strange excuse for a canine of any kind.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112586 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Patriotism can be as dangerous as religion. And demanding kids chant the pledge is only for brainwashing patriotism. It is not showing the merits of our country. And adding god to the equation only shows the lack of understanding of our Constitution and its secularism.
We see what you Anti-Americans do to our Country...
I'll help you pack... Please leave MY Country!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112587 Sep 7, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>When this happened, I lived across the street from this lady, She suffered! She had an aneurysm burst in her brain that left her paralyzed, in a wheelchair, with a surgical shunt installed in her head to divert the blood! The life she had before, no longer existed.
You said she was a vegi... how did she tell you "I don't feel good"?
I've seen people that were in comas for 10 years, and popped out of it!
They didn't know anything about it, and some didn't want to come back!
So... you only THINK they suffer!
I say... it was more of a test to those that had to wait on her!
You say... they didn't do that well... did they?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112588 Sep 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Now for a moment of Zen......
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/You6ebQA45f...
ce!
Is that a Wolf spider?
The first one I seen in KY, I stabbed with a file, it got away...
The second one, I shot with a .22, it did not get away...
The third one I killed with a TV guide (old one)...
Legs stuck out both sides!
I couldn't shoot that one... it was on the wall of my furnace!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#112589 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
The world ain't old enough to fit our position, let's find another way of dating to make us look smarter than B'levers...
Prayers for you!

You got the delusional part right.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#112590 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>We see what you Anti-Americans do to our Country...
I'll help you pack... Please leave MY Country!
"Your" country is a fantasy created by a faction that romanticizes what never was and ignores what they once endorsed.
You are delusional.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#112591 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
Prayers for you!
If I went by what "They" told me I would not have differing opinions on the details based on my own study of assorted evidence... You see when someone tells me something I don't Necessarily think it true... It has Fit the basic laws of Physics at a minimum and if what they tell me does not fit within the laws of physics then I require a rational, logical, verifiable, testable evidence....

Not my fault you do not know and understand the assorted dating methods and how all are open to validation and stacks of people that spend their time trying to debunk those assorted methods and they hold true for their different time spans they are used for... And because different methods give date ranges that over lap we have methods to test the accuracy of individual methods,,

Science is about trying to knock down existing theory more than trying to verify one... So those that stand the test of time and hold are given more weight, those that are newer are given less weight until they are beat with a stick and come out standing... But in science you Never take what "They" say for granted... Trust by Verify....

London, KY

#112592 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>ce!
Is that a Wolf spider?
The first one I seen in KY, I stabbed with a file, it got away...
The second one, I shot with a .22, it did not get away...
The third one I killed with a TV guide (old one)...
Legs stuck out both sides!
I couldn't shoot that one... it was on the wall of my furnace!
That ended his live in the burn can.... And I think it's a Wolf, Not sure as it was bigger than the wolfs I have seen in the past...
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112593 Sep 7, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>When this happened, I lived across the street from this lady, She suffered! She had an aneurysm burst in her brain that left her paralyzed, in a wheelchair, with a surgical shunt installed in her head to divert the blood! The life she had before, no longer existed.
Blame John K. Edoga.

It would make just as much NON sense.

London, KY

#112594 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>There is less written "About" Plato, and yet you believe he existed!
Of course... don't believe what Millions of Christ's followers tell you about what Christ did for us!
Just remember this...
When you NEED Him, His Name is Jesus!
Call on Him!
You'll be Glad you did!
One more time.. I do not Believe they existed.... I not Believe anything.... They fall the high end of I Don't Know and the low end of I Think I know, its a sliding scale.... But for the thoughts the writings attributed to Plato and maybe a mystical Socrates gave us stand alone without it really mattering if they were mythical allegorical people of later writers or living, breathing people ... Jesus has to be real for his story to hold it's own weight as it relies on his deification from mortal flesh for redemption....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112595 Sep 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your" country is a fantasy created by a faction that romanticizes what never was and ignores what they once endorsed.
You are delusional.
Just because YaA doesn't subject everyone posting around him, to misery, doesn't mean this country isn't real, or that everyone in it that holds a belief in Jesus is delusional.

It just means that those of you that want to insult others for believing differently from what you don't believe, against those who exhibit a certain decency in humanity, kindness, ethics and RESPECT of and for Others, have a BAD and negative attitude.

Shame on YOU and THEM.

Didn't your parents ever teach you ANY thing, other than half wit heathern hedonism and bullying tacTics?

Shame on THEM too, if not!

So straighten up, there's NO reason to interject such ignorance and ugliness . None whatsoever! It just totally degrades and degenerates descent discussions DOWN, into the lowest level realms of stupid.
finalprophecies

AOL

#112596 Sep 7, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage --

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112597 Sep 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
If I went by what "They" told me I would not have differing opinions on the details based on my own study of assorted evidence... You see when someone tells me something I don't Necessarily think it true... It has Fit the basic laws of Physics at a minimum and if what they tell me does not fit within the laws of physics then I require a rational, logical, verifiable, testable evidence....
Not my fault you do not know and understand the assorted dating methods and how all are open to validation and stacks of people that spend their time trying to debunk those assorted methods and they hold true for their different time spans they are used for... And because different methods give date ranges that over lap we have methods to test the accuracy of individual methods,,
Science is about trying to knock down existing theory more than trying to verify one... So those that stand the test of time and hold are given more weight, those that are newer are given less weight until they are beat with a stick and come out standing... But in science you Never take what "They" say for granted... Trust by Verify....
Watched a Priest (with some major Phd type degrees in Science) and a Physicist say almost the same thing yesterday, on a show about Darwin and BOTH of them agreed, while evo's NS theory on environmental adaption is fairly obvious, Derwin missed/lacked a lot and therefore the theory is still incomplete FLAWED, NOT in any way, a theory for "everything", as it in NO way explains the actual "beginning of life" as we know it...as in the theory does NOT apply to THAT.

They used Loius Pasteur's research to VERIFY why it obviously does NOT apply to Derwins NS theory.(which in YaA's defense, he HAS pointedly stated that on more than one occasion, just in a different manner).

Thoughts (much preferred, rather than just letting abject ignorance runneth outeth thy handeths as they posteth)?

And keep it decent and respectful of OTHERS please.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112598 Sep 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time.. I do not Believe they existed.... I not Believe anything.... They fall the high end of I Don't Know and the low end of I Think I know, its a sliding scale.... But for the thoughts the writings attributed to Plato and maybe a mystical Socrates gave us stand alone without it really mattering if they were mythical allegorical people of later writers or living, breathing people ... Jesus has to be real for his story to hold it's own weight as it relies on his deification from mortal flesh for redemption....
Which is why people should never use that as an excuse to act how ever badly they choose to while here on this earth. That's a pretty lame nothing but an excuse for bad behavior then too.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#112599 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because YaA doesn't subject everyone posting around him, to misery, doesn't mean this country isn't real, or that everyone in it that holds a belief in Jesus is delusional.
It just means that those of you that want to insult others for believing differently from what you don't believe, against those who exhibit a certain decency in humanity, kindness, ethics and RESPECT of and for Others, have a BAD and negative attitude.
Shame on YOU and THEM.
Didn't your parents ever teach you ANY thing, other than half wit heathern hedonism and bullying tacTics?
Shame on THEM too, if not!
So straighten up, there's NO reason to interject such ignorance and ugliness . None whatsoever! It just totally degrades and degenerates descent discussions DOWN, into the lowest level realms of stupid.
Call it what it is, Sista.
Believing that the mountaintops were flooded to a depth of 15 cubits 4,500 years ago is a delusion. Believing that is what caused all of the sedimentary layers on Earth and the deposition and formation of fossils is a delusion. Believing that all of the fields of science are conspiring to undermine the story of Genesis is a delusion.
If he and you WANT to believe that Jesus was a demigod sacrificed so that you can live forever, go for it, but don't pretend it's supported by any evidence - and if you believe that the '50's were some wondrous conservative utopia you're delusional, too.
Oh, and for the record, I AM tired of being subjected to it.
Lol

United States

#112600 Sep 7, 2013
Lol

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#112601 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet faithful Christian families suffer all the time. Their children suffer terrible diseases for years on end, then die. No god is working to help them. They pray and all their friends pray for them and nothing happens. It is a false hope.

The kid you speak of could have gone on in life without an ear with relatively little problems. But evidently your god thought that one important and others not important. It is so unfair like that it just looks as if it a hoax.
Maybe this will help answer your question.

http://www.lds.org/ensign/1996/02/discerning-...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#112602 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, every church believes the other is wrong. Thus it is more likely all of them are wrong, even yours. Yet all these people will testify theirs is true due to the holy spirit or something of this nature. So it stands to reason the testimonies or of a delusion. So to claim yours are not, is just as silly as theirs. Take the outsiders test.
Maybe this will help you.

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1979/04...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People who dont work but still get a tax return 2 hr our poor country 2
Obama sending 6,000 immigrants to live in manch... 9 hr William 37
Need a job bad. 9 hr William 27
ATV'S on the road wy in Manchester and the co. 15 hr hmm 2
Donald Lee Martin 18 hr Cheeto 8
El Cazador shut down???? 20 hr I R S 5
Disability workers Sat iceroadtrucker 8
Manchester Dating
Find my Match

Manchester People Search