Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
106,161 - 106,180 of 130,314 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbecoming? "Unbecoming"-
Better at having a nose full of drippy "hypcocrite" snot maybe. But there's alot of that type of stuff these days.
(as in WHO CARES-because that type of ignorance is NOT worth caring ten seconds about-except to reference the BIGGER picture to stomp some of it back to the gutters it climbs out of.)
You know getting all butchy like that is gona make the other girls gort all up on ya and stuff....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are doing just a marvelous job of it but I think the saying is "Ignorant A'Hole" to be precise.....
In keeping with the level of ignorance here-You've seen the curse passed on now.

Nasty, vile thing that it is.

Sooo good to see it relinquished to that witch were it belongs at.

Maybe it'll bring some it some that old time black magic, or thousands year old phallic wood symbol worship luck.

Ghetto gutter Nasstttttttttttty. Good riddance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
"Takes one to see it, now doesn't it!"
"Too bad-LOSER."
"Stinking hypocrite LIAR."
"Hypocrite LIAR."
All that just for me?
I haven't heard such insults since...oh, let me see...
5th grade.
Go to bed, honey. You need some rest.
The feral ones get that way till ya have em spayed, then they settle right down....

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

By Seth Richardson
Atheists have long been unable to resolve the conundrum of why religion is so ubiquitous and so persistent in human society. And just it may be that atheists don’t get it because they are physically incapable of doing so. In fact, it’s beginning to look like it may be the atheists who are defective, not the religionists.
It’s an undisputed fact that some 85 percent of the population of the planet holds some sort of religious belief. Nobody really understands why, but science is beginning to examine why this social behavior exists and persists over millennia. One cannot see such ubiquitous behavior without asking why people continue to believe in God.
In a November, 2001 edition of the Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience, Dr. Michael Persinger published a study called “The Neuropsychiatry of Paranormal Experiences” in which he revealed that by manipulating magnetic fields around the brain, a “‘sensed presence’ or sentient being” was experienced by many test subjects.“[W]e found that when we applied specific complex magnetic fields over the right hemisphere, most normal people who were not aware of the purpose of the experiment experienced a “sensed presence” or sentient being. Many individuals felt the presence interact with their thinking and “move in space” as they “focused their thoughts” on it.” Persinger writes. Persinger goes on to point out that paranormal experiences have been shown to be correlated to geomagnetic events, and that the magnetic fluxes involved are very subtle.
Some time later, the BBC’s Horizon program arranged for Cambridge professor and arch-atheist Richard Dawkins to meet with Persinger. Dawkins allowed Persinger to perform his magnetic-field test. Dawkins, the BBC reported, found that the magnetic fields affected his breathing and his limbs, but says “he did not find god.” Why Dawkins did not experience the “God moment” is anyone’s guess, but science seems to be converging on a hypothesis.
A recent University of Toronto Department of Psychology study,“Neural Markers of Religious Conviction” by researchers Michael Inzlicht, Ian McGregor, Jacob B. Hirsh and Kyle Nash demonstrated significant differences in how religious believers and non-believers performed during standardized stress tests. The authors wrote,“These results suggest that religious conviction provides a framework for understanding and acting within one’s environment, thereby acting as a buffer against anxiety and minimizing the experience of error.” The researchers suggest that religion provides a method for people to reduce the stress and uncertainty of life and a way to focus on stress-reducing thoughts while suppressing inconsistent thought patterns, which helps to reduce judgmental errors.
These two studies, along with others, add weight to the proposition that there is a biological, and perhaps an evolutionary basis for religious belief. If this proposition is true, it would help answer the atheist’s conundrum. We may be genetically programmed for religious belief because religion offers significant species-wide survival benefits, like reduced stress and reduced decision-making errors, among the many other social and individual benefits religion has offered mankind over the millennia.
If religious belief helps people cope with the stresses of life, which it clearly does, and if the capacity to experience paranormal or “sensed presences” exists to a greater degree in religionists that in atheists, as suggested by the Dawkins experience, perhaps it is not the religionists who suffer from some mental incapacity manifested in their belief in God,

perhaps it is atheists who are lacking the “God gene” that allows people to believe in that which they do not see, feel, hear, touch or taste. Whether or not God exists, it’s apparent that belief in God is good for humankind.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
When faced with a tough question you quote the Watchtower?
Let me ask the question again, to whoever has the rocks to attempt to answer it:
Why does an all powerful, all loving, all knowing god allow babies to be raped and murdered?
You recognize, as a human being, that rape and murder are morally wrong. God is, supposedly, the pinnacle if not the source of morality. And he has all the power to prevent any such suffering. Yet he does not prevent it.
Why?
Spare me the Watchtower drek. That junk is a dodge.
Evidently you did not read the explanation...I quoted the Watchtower answer because it gives a clear explanation as to what happened.
Revelation 21:3,4 gives the answer to what Jehovah will do to remedy what Satan has done for the past 6,000 years.
With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
This was copied from the NWT by the Watchtower as well but you can check the scriptures with the KJV.
Have a nice night.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Atheism is a mental illness….

The men who founded atheism all shared certain common experiences and a definite psychological pattern is evident. Their early childhoods were marked by some form of spiritual training. They were men whose dominating, overbearing and even abusive fathers led them to rebellion and renunciations of God.

They endured cold, ruthless parents, grew up in an environment of bullying and abuse often done in the name of God.

These buys hated their fathers, wounds which festered a rebellion against a hostile father they identified with a hostile God. They made it there lives work to destroy the God who had come to symbolize their father.

Darwin – he lived the greatest portion of his life in deep depression, there is a history of mental illness in his family. He believed his dad had the power of prediction, He had an endless catalogue of psychosomatic illnesses and lived as a semi invalid barely past thirty.

Thomas Henry Huxley- he detested his hot tempered father he suffered terrible bullying at school and had a terrible fear of insanity, which ran in his family. In fact his father died in an insane asylum. His hatred of God was rooted in the fear that the insanity in his family was caused by unclean spirits. He believed he had been poisoned by vapours from a dead body. After his only son dies of scarlet fever he detested God and believed he was cruel, hostile, angry and indifferent to suffering.

Nietzsche – Grew up with no male role model , he was a repressed homosexual and a victim of syphilis, depression and senility. He blamed his mom for the death of his father.

Freud – he believed a female is a failed boy and he was obsessed with the incestuous conquest of his mother and rivalry with his dad. The desire to have sex with his mother and kill his father haunted his dreams. He believed women wanted sex with there fathers and stories of rape and molestation were fantasies. Instead of victims these women were villains.

These four prophets of atheism and many more all had powerful domineering fathers. They were fearful, weak, submissive kids. They all grew up with a history of headaches, depression , obsessive fears, extreme shyness, intestinal disorders, and made it there lives work to destroy God who had come to symbolize there fathers.

“ Its Madness”
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You know getting all butchy like that is gona make the other girls gort all up on ya and stuff....
laughing.
Well putting a muzzle on will cover up all that snot slinging, and in turn may bring more male attention her way, and in doing so would provide another +.....Complete Silence!
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse Puckey Doo Doo..... Devoid of logic ....
If Adam and Eve could have lived forever why would they need to eat, drink, sleep to live? Adam eats from the tree of knowledge so from that point forward god allows anyone to beat a babies head against a rock if they want too... He's all powerful yet has angels and satan turn against him and he has to sit back and let them have their way until sometime in the future were he has to have some big earth shattering battle to destroy satan and him minions instead of a wave of the hand or blink of the eye to make them go pooof...
You story is for children that think the easter bunny hides eggs in the grass, The tooth fairy leave a coin under the pillow, santa shrinks and comes down the chimney and flying unicorns fly about pooping glitter, and there are pots of gold at the end of rainbows.... Not for grown adults with functioning minds....
OK Mr. Know It All we would like to have your explanation as to what happened!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
In keeping with the level of ignorance here-You've seen the curse passed on now.
Maybe it'll bring some it some that old time black magic, or thousands year old phallic wood symbol worship luck.
ummm What ????

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying you have the "Curse" and that's why your all huffy and anal retentive and stuff.....
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Does 'mantle' even realize everyone is scrolling right past his Copy n Paste Essay Post.

Enough already, you should be banned for flooding the forum with all these book-length post.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
When faced with a tough question you quote the Watchtower?
Let me ask the question again, to whoever has the rocks to attempt to answer it:
Why does an all powerful, all loving, all knowing god allow babies to be raped and murdered?
You recognize, as a human being, that rape and murder are morally wrong. God is, supposedly, the pinnacle if not the source of morality. And he has all the power to prevent any such suffering. Yet he does not prevent it.
Why?
Spare me the Watchtower drek. That junk is a dodge.
What is your explanation?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm What ????
I think he's trying so hard to be insulting that
he's gone incoherent, poor thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
I find it quite ironic that 'curious' talks non stop about atheist having mental problems, when in fact the consensus here proves the opposite.
Befuddled minds , whom by their own admission are on this website as a HOBBY. WOW
All of you have been here for years , spending the majority of your day dredging up nonsense fro your feeble minds , which you post and self proclaim yourselves to be intellectuals.
Just think , your lives are so boring and your intellect so lacking , that you spend your lives discussing something you do not believe in.
When I pressed Duquette on the issue he said it was an Atheist hobby. Can you imagine that ?

It is no wonder that Scientific Studies have found that Atheism is a mental defect...Your behaviour speaks for itself and what you post , confirms it.
It is a terrible thing to be wise in your own eyes as it points to your being well on your way to insanity. Ask your founding Fathers.. Don't be aFreud to do so
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he's trying so hard to be insulting that
he's gone incoherent, poor thing.
The she-male hasn't gone incoherent, he/she has taken up residence there long ago.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Befuddled minds , whom by their own admission are on this website as a HOBBY. WOW
All of you have been here for years , spending the majority of your day dredging up nonsense fro your feeble minds , which you post and self proclaim yourselves to be intellectuals.
Just think , your lives are so boring and your intellect so lacking , that you spend your lives discussing something you do not believe in.
When I pressed Duquette on the issue he said it was an Atheist hobby. Can you imagine that ?
It is no wonder that Scientific Studies have found that Atheism is a mental defect...Your behaviour speaks for itself and what you post , confirms it.
It is a terrible thing to be wise in your own eyes as it points to your being well on your way to insanity. Ask your founding Fathers.. Don't be aFreud to do so
I can post just as many sources that Refute everything you posted. Can you imagine that?
From your lengthy, repetitive post, I can say you've been here longer than anyone else.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Funny you should mention feeble minds, how about you come up with something original. Let me guess, you suffer from osteoporosis of the brain, and therefore must resort to the copy n paste?

Hypocrite!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Mr. Know It All we would like to have your explanation as to what happened!
First let's get that "Know It All" out of the way... It's an idiotic statement as I know far less than I do not know... But Since I do not know how much I don't know I can only address that which I know and make opinion on what I think I know... It's a relativity thing and I only seem to you to know it all when in reality I only have to know more than someone to seem to them like I know it all...

Now the Question is to you is Specifically what do you want an explanation about... If you want an explanation of of Adam and Eve then it's simple a myth made up by uneducated people to explain their beginning while they herded goats and stuff... If you want a explanation of human ascension to modern man today it gets a bit more complicated and I would have to know your educational level to word it in understandable terminology....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Does 'mantle' even realize everyone is scrolling right past his Copy n Paste Essay Post.
Enough already, you should be banned for flooding the forum with all these book-length post.
What I realized a long time ago is that Atheists by their very nature are Fools.
You and the others on topix have amply demonstrated that fact.
Unable to refute what the Scientic Studies confirm you attempt to ignore. The truth can not be hidden , no matter how hard you try to avoid it.
Those voices you hear ,are not imaginaty.
It is your Shrink telling you to return to your rubber room.
aS AN ASIDE; Be careful of any BEARDED roommate who tries to sell you autographed pictures of flowers for $50.00. IT IS THE LATEST ATHEIST SCAM.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

I've asked this of your once before and you didn't answer. Will you give me an answer this time? Your own organization rejected its founder and first two presidents for the first 63 years of its existence - over 50% of the time they have existed. So why would you think anyone else would put stock in an organization with such piracy among the ranks? Tell me again how Jesus visited your organization in 1919 and hand picked your society as the channel of communication to man?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephen Woods 39 min beverly 29
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 41 min UidiotRaceMakeWor... 150,268
Clay County Days 45 min beverly 20
Post A Tip 2 hr Time Tells It All 2
couch girl rat 2 hr wonder 1
r bowling 3 hr wonder 2
Travis Price 3 hr need to know 18

Search the Manchester Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000