Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163774 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#109069 Jul 28, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an expert. All I now is that *most* scientists accept the theory as being pretty sound. And many former skeptics changed their minds as a result of evidence, including Michael Shermer. With that in mind, and having no particular expertise myself, I would be both foolish and arrogant to dismiss their opinion because I might not like Liberals.
And it seems to me that the primary reason for the Climate Change denial movement is because they don't like Liberals. It's a lot like the Red Scare. Recycling? Burn 'em at the stake! Treehugger!
No thanks.
You do realize that 97% claim and the claim the the vast majority agree that man has anything to do with global warming or climate changing is Bullocks right?......

The Number comes from a survey sent out with Only 2 Questions on it...

1. When compared with pre-1800s levels, do you think that mean global temperatures have generally risen, fallen, or remained relatively constant?

2. Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?

Here's the Break Down of the responses in graph form....

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/20...

The one thing not noted in that Graph is that the Author of the Survey picked which respondents were considered "Climate Scientists" based on IPCC denotations of selected individuals that are actually in various fields... So a Geologist that does not support IPCC's positions is not given status as a Climate Scientist even if his research has been strictly climate in the geological record for a decade while another Geologist is given status as a Climate Scientist by the IPCC even if he has studied geological impact on the climate for a week...

The Actual Number of Scientist that Disagree with AGW far exceeds the scientists that Agree with it...

Let me repeat that....

The Actual Number of Scientist that Disagree with AGW far exceeds the scientists that Agree with it...

It's the Notation of Who is and is not considered a Climate Scientist that is at the heart of the issue.... There is no such thing as a Climate Scientist in reality.. There are those that do scientific research in many fields of study that then focus on their fields impact on local and global climate... But a scientist that spends decades studying their fields climate impact can be ignored and not given the title of "Climate Scientist" if they are not part of a Small contingent that back the IPCC AGW world views....

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#109071 Jul 28, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that 97% claim and the claim the the vast majority agree that man has anything to do with global warming or climate changing is Bullocks right?......
The Number comes from a survey sent out with Only 2 Questions on it...
1. When compared with pre-1800s levels, do you think that mean global temperatures have generally risen, fallen, or remained relatively constant?
2. Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?
Here's the Break Down of the responses in graph form....
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/20...
The one thing not noted in that Graph is that the Author of the Survey picked which respondents were considered "Climate Scientists" based on IPCC denotations of selected individuals that are actually in various fields... So a Geologist that does not support IPCC's positions is not given status as a Climate Scientist even if his research has been strictly climate in the geological record for a decade while another Geologist is given status as a Climate Scientist by the IPCC even if he has studied geological impact on the climate for a week...
Let me repeat that....
It's the Notation of Who is and is not considered a Climate Scientist that is at the heart of the issue.... There is no such thing as a Climate Scientist in reality.. There are those that do scientific research in many fields of study that then focus on their fields impact on local and global climate... But a scientist that spends decades studying their fields climate impact can be ignored and not given the title of "Climate Scientist" if they are not part of a Small contingent that back the IPCC AGW world views....
So public opinion should override scientific consensus?
Well then you had better scurry down to church and start praying.

I noticed you avoided the points made by the person you responded to. Denial is how one keeps faith.

Not sure what the majority of scientists agreeing with the IPCC has to do with the fact most scientists who study the subject believe in climate change and it being at least partly or mostly due to man.
But I am used to bait and switch tactics by right wingers. I know their is a tiny list of things in which you disagree with republicans on, and at least religion is one of them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109072 Jul 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It is difficult for many to throw their own will and opinion aside and accept whatever the Holy Ghost tells you. People normally just want confirmation of what they already think. He always does His job, but people don't always make the best receivers.
So in effect, you are claiming to know the ghost is telling people stuff and you can know they are willfully ignoring that ghost? Did the ghost tell you this?
Seems to me if they believe in the ghost story, they would would listen to the ghost.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109073 Jul 28, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You surprised me. I knew you would respond,but,I was sure you would respond under one of your other monikers,chromiuman or spektakals.
When I presented that evidence,thewitch was not mentioned.
You weren't even posting under that name at the time.
So how did ya know i had posted that ?
Not only that,you have stopped using that MO....
But,there is more than one way to skin a cat and you just skinned yourself...LOL
BTW,,,It was convenient of you to let us know that yo had mental problems before you became an Atheist.
Funny,you never mentioned that before....
Why did you wait till it became common knowledge that Atheists have a higher rate of mental maladies than anyone else,to make your point.
And that,only after I stated that I knew of no one who had ever claimed to have had their mental problems cured by converting to Atheism.
Then,you compound your problem by making the same claim under the nick Dukette..
Only,under the nick Dukette ,you alluded to having had a drinking problem...
2 out of 3 ain't bad... I am really grateful you haven't contemplated the 3rd one.......
You are one messed up person,multiple personalities and all.
Just call us the trinity. We are one but hold different bodies. Trust me, this is not a polytheistic concept.
Now just try to spell my name correctly.
I will try to help you using my ghostly powers of mind control, but it only works if you believe in me and listen. Stop using your own will and opinion and accept whatever the Holy trinity of Mikewitchchrome tells you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109074 Jul 28, 2013
roytallor wrote:
i went to school we had a lady come once a week, she didnt teach religion, she told bible stories,it was a good break,she told the stories with pictures, also the first thing in the morning, we sang songs said the pledge for about 15 minutes.it set the tone for the day,as a child grows into adult hood,they will adopt their own beliefs,this is a stepping stone. they will believe in something.
[url=http://www.indianfood.tk] daal bati [/url]
So the bible is not of a religion? Teaching the bible without criticism is teaching religion.

re·li·gion
[ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#109075 Jul 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So what you see as your arrogance is just you hitting a nerve. Now what is the arrogance you charge against us due to?
You just cannot stop having double standards, can you.
I don't tell you what you believe as an atheist, though you always like to tell me and other Christians what they believe. That is the arrogance I charge you with. And since you are usually wrong, I find ignorance in you as well.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109076 Jul 28, 2013
Nephilim wrote:
Never understood the argument on whether or not the US was found on Christian principles. I was under the impression it was built on dead Indians and the backs of slaves.
Ha, I guess maybe it was. The bible is full of that.
I have asked many a Christian who claimed America was founded upon Christian principles, to name one of these principles, none are anywhere near specific to Christianity, and most long preceded Christianity.
Most Christians ignore the question to keep in their denial.

The first four of the ten commandments would be unconstitutional to make law.
America does not turn the other cheek, nor takes and eye for an eye.
Religious freedom is not condoned in the bible.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#109078 Jul 28, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm not waiting for anyone to fulfill those things because....I DO NOT BELIEVE IN MAGIC.

Also, how the hell is it compelling that a book written AFTER another book purports to fulfill things "foretold" in the previous book? Especially when the events being told about are not substantiated by evidence?

It's purely a matter of faith. And I have no use for faith unless it can wipe my butt.

Look at the lists you linked to. There is a term for what you're doing: cherry picking. You find one little verse or one little sentence that *kinda sounds like* something you see in the NT and BAM! You believe it is prophecy.

Damn. If its that easy to fool people I am going to start my own religion.
Know of anyone else that even claims to fulfill these? Unless you can provide another, why would you scoff at the one that did claim to fulfill them?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109079 Jul 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't tell you what you believe as an atheist, though you always like to tell me and other Christians what they believe. That is the arrogance I charge you with. And since you are usually wrong, I find ignorance in you as well.
So you claim I did something hypocritical,thus you can be hypocritical all the time and all is good? Did the holy ghost feed you this line of reasoning?

I use statistics to show why I think as I do. I use logic and reason. I use scientific findings of human nature. You use blind faith to make the claims you are making about the holy ghost. Pretty big difference.
Maybe you do hear ghosts. Maybe others here the ghost but ignore the ghost. I can see all believers think they know the truth and claim the other believers that differ are just wrong. Citing magical telepathic messaging is not helping your case.

Now keep up the bait and switch tactics.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109080 Jul 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So this does not apply to me?

"It is difficult for many to throw their own will and opinion aside and accept whatever the Holy Ghost tells you. People normally just want confirmation of what they already think. He always does His job, but people don't always make the best receivers."

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109081 Jul 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>t wasn't the "Day" he was executed... read it again!
Was I a day or two off? Sorry, that changes everything. I mean it really matters what day the dead all over Jerusalem rose from the grave and walked the streets. It matters what day it was so darned much, everyone decided it was not important to write about.

Diversion is a sign of denial. Denial is the key to faith.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109082 Jul 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Willful" Ignorance is the Key to Atheism! Great post!
Willful ignorance? Did you miss the part where I admitted being wrong?
Now can you admit being wrong?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109083 Jul 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> proved NOTHING except you willingness to twist things the way you like!
Yes... there are Christians lead astray by your lies of evolution...
Just as Eve believed a lie!
Get it right!
You really have a problem being able to admit a wrong, don't you?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109085 Jul 28, 2013
AsherMan wrote:
I think a lot of so called Christians need to make sure they are living by the bible and that everyone in their house does the same before telling everyone else how to live their lives. How many Christians go to church with tattoos, nose piercings, children being conceived before marriage, buying lottery tickets, gambling, spreading gossip, living off welfare, food stamps, low income housing when they are able to work. I do believe there are good Christians who go to church and practice the bible teachings, but in today’s society, I think a lot of people who go to church need to look in the mirror and ask if they are living by the bible. Just remember kids pick up bad habits real quick from adults.
So tattoos and nose piercings mean one cannot be a good Christian?
How ironic and hypocritical that you advise others to not tell people how to live their lives.
Seems as if every Christian on topix would not know if they were being hypocritical to save their lives.
Do you guys even know what the word means?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109086 Jul 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
The difference is... You do not know God exists... I do!
Satan has fooled a lot of people, Muslims, and Atheists alike!
Again you bait and switch to avoid the points made.
Denial, denial, denial.

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am well aware many believers of god fall prey to lies. This has been the root of the atheist pleas here. We feel the heart of the bible is but lies. You and I believe the Koran is full of lies.
The difference is, I do not use double standards.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109087 Jul 28, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Uriah wasn't David's best friend!
I wish you'd stop twisting the Bible, I Thought you said you've read it!
That too must be a lie!
Well that changes everything. I guess as long as Uriah was not his best friend, all of my points are invalid. Having him sent to the front lines of war is fine to do to less than best friends in order to steal his wife. My bad.
\
Nice bait and switch. Not like it is a trend with you and all the Christians here.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#109088 Jul 28, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You surprised me. I knew you would respond,but,I was sure you would respond under one of your other monikers,chromiuman or spektakals.
When I presented that evidence,thewitch was not mentioned.
You weren't even posting under that name at the time.
So how did ya know i had posted that ?
Not only that,you have stopped using that MO....
But,there is more than one way to skin a cat and you just skinned yourself...LOL
BTW,,,It was convenient of you to let us know that yo had mental problems before you became an Atheist.
Funny,you never mentioned that before....
Why did you wait till it became common knowledge that Atheists have a higher rate of mental maladies than anyone else,to make your point.
And that,only after I stated that I knew of no one who had ever claimed to have had their mental problems cured by converting to Atheism.
Then,you compound your problem by making the same claim under the nick Dukette..
Only,under the nick Dukette ,you alluded to having had a drinking problem...
2 out of 3 ain't bad... I am really grateful you haven't contemplated the 3rd one.......
You are one messed up person,multiple personalities and all.
Please stop including me in your paranoid delusions, its bad enough reading about your other scrambled egg versions of reality.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109089 Jul 28, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say "The Bible had to be put in schools?"
No, they will be in there anyway!
But I do say take the lies out of school, and
that is exactly what Evilution is!
Did I quote you incorrectly? Well that changes everything......Not.

You are pro bible in schools and anti evolution science books in school. This is my main point, but I understand you must bait and switch with every post you make in order to remain in denial of our points.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109091 Jul 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop including me in your paranoid delusions, its bad enough reading about your other scrambled egg versions of reality.
Why are you in denial of our trinityness? You are me and I am you, and we are altogether.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109092 Jul 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This was talking about resurrection, not zombies walking the earth.
So was I. But I do think the zombie walk claimed in the bible would have at least got a mention by someone in those days. Evidently people rising from the dead was common or something.

If I came back from the dead like in this story, I would certainly pay my executors a visit. What a missed opportunity. Of all the doubters, I would think if they all witnessed the resurrection, their would be a few less doubters today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tv show about a artifact rock found in creek 5 hr Chinaman 8
Beverly Sizemore 5 hr pee wee 7
Tiffany Deston Gibson 10 hr Truth I Tell 2
House across from the hospital 22 hr Bullshipper 4
Manchester mcdonalds (Dec '13) 22 hr Gin 34
Speedway gals Whoop Tue Whoop 2 22
Poll do you think that welzie wagers is a deciever? May 21 Yes he did 4

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance