Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151918 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105115 May 28, 2013
Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
it looks to me that the more Scientists try to answer a question the more questions that pop up of How, When, Where, and Why; .......
Duh, the more you know, the less you know, that is the adage which is coined for this very phenomenon. You offer no answers, your religion offers no answers, and even if the assertions in your religion were true, they are still not answers. The more answers you have, the more questions you should also have, that's a sign of curiosity, not a weakness. All your religion does is assert the "who," well, who cares? I know my computer was made by Dell, that doesn't help me know how it works, how to fix it, and how to program it, in any way.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#105116 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and it can tell you everything but prove none of it... Just saying...
Wait, so you deny that everything evolves? You think you are a clone of your parents? Hilarious.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#105117 May 28, 2013
Sarisly wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you have one of the major differences between science and religion.
Science: verifiable evidence, facts, and repeatable results. What can be measured/observed is studied, science does not include the supernatural(nor is it denied). If new evidence/research overturns established "theories" it isn't heresy.
Religion: It is written that way, to question is blasphemy. What does get lost in the static is philosophy and ideals for treating one another better.
Here's something to mull over: The diameter of the observable universe is estimated at about 28 billion parsecs(93 billion light years)compare this to the size of the Earth.
The farthest visible object cannot be more distant in light years than the age of the universe, and the current contender at over 13.4 billion light years will (have) move(d) out of our 'sight' as time goes on. This makes the current visible diameter somewhere around 26 - 27 billion light years. Expansion of space exceeds the limits of c over that distance of course, so the actual diameter is considerably larger. The definition of observable vs. visible is arrived at through the cosmic microwave background radiation, and that is where the calculation of 93 billion light years for the Observable universe comes from.
But of course we both know that the Earth is only thousands of years old and that God created the entire heavens just for the Jewish tribesmen to marvel at.
defender

London, KY

#105118 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Duh, the more you know, the less you know, that is the adage which is coined for this very phenomenon. You offer no answers, your religion offers no answers, and even if the assertions in your religion were true, they are still not answers. The more answers you have, the more questions you should also have, that's a sign of curiosity, not a weakness. All your religion does is assert the "who," well, who cares? I know my computer was made by Dell, that doesn't help me know how it works, how to fix it, and how to program it, in any way.
And than you know that your computer was designed... One cell is way more advanced but you contend natural processes (random chaos) If design had nothing to do with God then would you still fight it?... Or maybe you just have some personal problems....
defender

London, KY

#105119 May 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>The farthest visible object cannot be more distant in light years than the age of the universe, and the current contender at over 13.4 billion light years will (have) move(d) out of our 'sight' as time goes on. This makes the current visible diameter somewhere around 26 - 27 billion light years. Expansion of space exceeds the limits of c over that distance of course, so the actual diameter is considerably larger. The definition of observable vs. visible is arrived at through the cosmic microwave background radiation, and that is where the calculation of 93 billion light years for the Observable universe comes from.
But of course we both know that the Earth is only thousands of years old and that God created the entire heavens just for the Jewish tribesmen to marvel at.
If you can prove the speed of light is a constant that is.... Devil's in the details folks...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#105120 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
And than you know that your computer was designed... One cell is way more advanced but you contend natural processes (random chaos) If design had nothing to do with God then would you still fight it?... Or maybe you just have some personal problems....
Knowing if the machine is designed still does not help understand how it works, you are failing to understand this very simple concept, and it's the concept that the intelligent religious people not only understand, it's why they don't deny the benefit of science at all.

My point is, who cares? So what if everything in the universe was designed, other than being a reason to fire that contractor, it does not answer any real questions and offers no solutions to our problems, none. So again, how does knowing that the computer is made by Dell help to understand how it works and how to repair it?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#105121 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can prove the speed of light is a constant that is.... Devil's in the details folks...
In space, it is constant.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#105122 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand science or evolution. Intelligent design is religion. You have ignored request after request to supply information to the contrary. You are a broken record of utter stupidity.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#105123 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like proofs are mathematical, that the speed of light through a vacuum has been verified constant, or that the devil is constantly goosing you in de tail?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#105124 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
My view it isn't... The speed of light is variable and it determined by the total separation distance of all matter with inertial mass in the universe, the denser the local mass the slower the value of c... The Theory of photon absorption and retransmission can be better defined with variance of the value of c within a medium and the only reason absorption and retransmission is used in calculation of em wave traversing a medium is due to the long held view that c is Constant... If c is constant then a definable reason increase in time that occurs when a em wave/photon/electron passes through a medium ...

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Quan...

Somerset, KY

#105125 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
In space, it is constant.
I disagree... It varies at the rate of expansion of the universe and the rate of local denser regions but the rate of variance is not within the detectable range of human scale... If a change of one billionth of a second occurs over a 1000 year time frame on human scale it would be Constant...
Sarisly

Owingsville, KY

#105126 May 28, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. If you're referring to the Christian Greek Scriptures, it's not blasphemy the way I read it.
A little research about Galileo Galilei may enlighten you futher.
mmmU

Richmond, KY

#105127 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
... You are a broken record of utter stupidity.
You automatically win by calling him stupid. Congrats on your impressive debating skills.
defender

London, KY

#105128 May 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand science or evolution. Intelligent design is religion. You have ignored request after request to supply information to the contrary. You are a broken record of utter stupidity.
Yak, yak yak...
defender

London, KY

#105129 May 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like proofs are mathematical, that the speed of light through a vacuum has been verified constant, or that the devil is constantly goosing you in de tail?
Yeah well how about going around a black hole? Got an data on that?... Can light not bend?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#105130 May 28, 2013
their is only 1 bible

Somerset, KY

#105131 May 28, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well how about going around a black hole? Got an data on that?... Can light not bend?
Actually "light" em wave always travels in a straight line... It's the Quantum State (Space Time) that is bent by large grouping of particles with inertial mass... I know it's a difficult concept but it a relative issue.. From the Relative position of the light wave it goes in a straight line because it would not perceive the bending of space time from it's perspective... But from an outside observer it looks like it is bent...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#105132 May 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree... It varies at the rate of expansion of the universe and the rate of local denser regions but the rate of variance is not within the detectable range of human scale... If a change of one billionth of a second occurs over a 1000 year time frame on human scale it would be Constant...
Ah, well, since I have not studied physics in great length I often get corrected by those who have. I make no qualms of such corrections, and thank your for doing so, learning is always fun, even when it's not a topic I enjoy much. ;)
ProvenScience

London, KY

#105133 May 29, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go start a thread about one.
This one is already thread enough. Why waste time and space starting another?
However, I will help "change gears" and display a definition of the "rpm's" of part of broken repetitive 45 records, which really has nothing at all to do with TOE, but is also very helpful, for those living in the real world anyway.

Revolutions per minute (rpm) and angular velocity, two measures of how fast a point rotates about another point, are used to solve physics, mechanical engineering and computer programming problems. Often, rpm and angular velocity are used interchangeably, to simulate pulleys turning and wheels rolling in engineering simulators and video games.

You'll have to go check your OWN sums though ...my computers are not into the hypocricy or the hate baiter games of grade school level judgeMental-ist.

Try not to let the "daily spin" confuse you.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#105134 May 29, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
No you assume!! Speculate!!! How can you not know the difference ?? You can't produce? Not my problem...
See: Identity issues (on people that "assume", Especially those that (as in repeatedly) merely "assume", often, AND INcorrectly.

As in: In Erik Erikson's stages of psychosocial development, the emergence of an identity crisis occurs during the teenage years in which people struggle between feelings of identity versus role confusion.

Kid of warped stuff-the stuff that stalkers and other similar psychologically ill people are made of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
C.C.H.S lesbians Mesa Nelson and Andrea Collins 4 hr You nasty people 1
Stabbing 19 hr Curious 1
Why is Jason Grub got junk camper at the yard s... Sat Concern 7
anyone know michelle stidham from oneida? Sat bigfeet34 1
Taco Bell in Manchester is a joke Fri Ole Goat 13
Manchester fci (Sep '14) Fri Surfer 5
wreck Fri Zombie 2

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance