Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,961)

Showing posts 99,201 - 99,220 of127,978
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
When one expresses himself in explicit terms,the responses one receives are indicative as to whether you were correctly understood.
The responses on this website,specifically those of the Atheists and so called ,former believers,has left no doubt in my mind,that they are totally misinformed and are unequipped to understand the topics that I address.
Their non related answers speak volumes.
They keep regurgitating the same canned propaganda,keep asking for the same evidence and keep complaining once they get it
So,it matters not how they are addressed,they will not understand.
Now,that I know of,you have seldom responded to anything I posted,under the name KUDA,other than today...
And keep in mind,many times ,Ichoose not to respond.....
Continuously responding to the same repetitive gibberish and nonsense often espoused here gets rather stale and boring...
So you wish to convert us stupid atheists by giving us answers that make no sense?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as our Lord did not forbid us from discerning the character of fools, the Book of Proverbs commends this assessment as a necessity for those who would be wise. Several reasons are given for the need to discern between those who are fools and those who are wise.
1. TO ASSOCIATE WITH FOOLS IS BOTH UNWISE AND UNPLEASANT. To some degree folly is contagious, and association with a fool tends to diminish our ability to discern truth from error and wisdom from folly.
Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge (14:7).
He cuts off his own feet, and drinks violence Who sends a message by the hand of a fool (26:6).
Proverbs offers hope to parents that foolishness can be cured if detected early and disciplined diligently.
4. FOOLS MUST BE DEALT WITH DIFFERENTLY THAN THOSE WHO ARE WISE. We cannot deal with all men in the same way. Our response to people must be based on the kind of character they have demonstrated.
He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself, And he who reproves a wicked man gets insults for himself. Do not reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you, Reprove a wise man, and he will love you (9:7-8).
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, Lest he be wise in his own eyes (26:4-5).
These considerations necessitate discerning the character of others and, in particular, that of a fool. Not only will we be able to see foolishness in others as a result of our study in Proverbs, we will also see a greater measure of it in ourselves. May God enable us to be honest with ourselves, to confess our foolishness, 2 and to forsake it as sinful and destructive, both to ourselves and to others.
Characteristics of A Fool
It is much easier to identify a fool in terms of what he is not than in terms of what he is. Notice the following characteristics of the fool as the Book of Proverbs describes him.
1. THE FOOL IS UNRIGHTEOUS. The fool hates what is holy, righteous, and good, and he loves evil.
Desire realized is sweet to the soul, But it is an abomination to fools to depart from evil (13:19).
Doing wickedness is like sport to a fool; And so is wisdom to a man of understanding (10:23).
Fools mock at sin, But among the upright there is good will (14:9).
2. THE FOOL IS UNWISE. Throughout Proverbs the fool is the counterpart of the wise. Wisdom is contrasted with folly. The fool does not possess wisdom, cannot obtain wisdom, and would not obtain it if he could.
THE FOOL DOES NOT POSSESS WISDOM;
You have already made it clear we are foolish in your eyes, so why do you keep posting here?

I see these writings as propaganda. It is a tactic to keep you from learning opposing ideas.
I am sure every terrorist of the religious sort follows this teaching. They must stay in their box in order to keep faith. They do not understand how brainwashing works. You clearly do not understand how brainwashing works.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee,The Atheists find me boring,stupid and Moronic.
Still in all,they keep asking me the same question,knowing I will provide the same answer, They ask the same question again,I provide them with the same answer again...
They keep going around in circles,,,,Like they are either missing something, and are trying to find it or, they found something they are unable to understand.
Maybe if you could identify what your mind may be telling you to look for,you would know what it is,once you found it.
The fact that,you keep seeking diligently,is a good sign.
Seek and YE shall find....
You claim we are already seeking. So why are we not finding?

You called us stupid and repetitive just a post or two ago, yet you still post here.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no recycling of the spirit. If a child dies before born, he or she still obtained that body. Since obtaining a body is one of the reasons that we chose to come to earth, then that part of that child's mission is over. One of the other reasons that we choose to come to earth is to have our faith in God tested. This child's faith was so strong that it's Faith did not need to be tested. They do not however, have the experience of living life on earth. There are many things on this earth that we learn that this child would not have the opportunity to learn.
So what of the many fetuses that naturally abort? Many, if not most women have at least one miscarriage in their lives.
So if you believe god is controlling nature, do you blame god for miscarriages?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
Genesis 38:24
Tamar's pregnancy was discovered three months after conception, presumably because it was visible at that time. This was positive proof that she had been sexually active.
Because she was a widow, without a husband, she was assumed to be a prostitute. Her father-in-law Judah ordered that she be burned alive for her crime.
If Tamar's twin fetuses had been considered to be human beings, one would have expected her execution would have been delayed until after their birth. There was no condemnation on Judah for deciding to take this action.
The OT god had different standards than Jesus. This contradiction is ignored by all Christians.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the child's faith did not cause the mother to do anything. The Father knows the mother's intent and would choose to place the child that did not need to be tested in that mother's body. Whether the Father knew beforehand that the mother would definitely abort or not, I don't know. I don't know the mind of God. I know He knows us better than we know ourselves though.
Then why would a god allow for the women to be pregnant? If he is putting a soul in this body with the foreknowledge it is to die before birth, what could be the reason?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a living organism at conception. At that point it is a fertilized egg That continues to develop into a human without assistance other than nutrients that it gains from the mother.
No one has the right to name the exact time when it becomes a lot. However if you can show me proof that this fertilized egg does not become a human, maybe then I will listen.
It is a child. There is absolutely no difference in killing a birth four-year-old child than an unborn child.
A mother deciding that she does not want to keep this child that is not born should be treated no differently from a mother who chooses to no longer keep her four-year-old because she doesn't want him/her anymore
So the fetus or zygote should be removed from the mother and put in a foster home?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no recycling of the spirit. If a child dies before born, he or she still obtained that body. Since obtaining a body is one of the reasons that we chose to come to earth, then that part of that child's mission is over. One of the other reasons that we choose to come to earth is to have our faith in God tested. This child's faith was so strong that it's Faith did not need to be tested. They do not however, have the experience of living life on earth. There are many things on this earth that we learn that this child would not have the opportunity to learn.
Again, fetus self abort all the time,and many babies die of natural causes. They are not tested as you claim. So why would a god bother putting them on earth?
You seem to have a lot of absolute answers that I do not think are in the bible or the book of Mormon. So is the holy ghost telling you this stuff?
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

When we know Who, we can stop asking Why?
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Such Evidence exists in abundance... Evidence does not cause Belief... Evidence does not provide Proof... Belief and Proof are Individual concepts and have only a passing connection to Evidence... One person can see 1000 individual pieces of Evidence to a Claim and conclude the evidence is not enough to Prove the claim or for them to have Belief in the claim.... Another Person can see a Single piece of Evidence and conclude that single piece of Evidence is enough to Prove the claim and for them to Believe the Claim True....
I call BS! Lol. Such a popular "story" that has existed ALL THIS TIME.. I am HAPPY and content and will spend ETERNITY in heaven. Will continue to tell people about my RESCUE and be peaceful. Good luck to u sir and God bless
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>"Horsey puckey doo doo" - Q
DITTO to u lol
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>"Horsey puckey doo doo" - Q
DENIAL is a sad place to b in my opinion
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Big Ein wrote:
Why argue this! There either is a god, or isn't .
If there is each person will be held accountable on judgement day. I personally believe in god, and I believe in the bible ( king James) I have only read one comment from a Mark Duquette. On this subject and have determined he is an idiot.
Something to think about! Ok so if god does not exist, explain where we originated from. Big Bang theory? Monkeys? Ok, now who created The matter which consist of the Big Bang theory, who created the monkeys? Who created the universe. It cannot be scientifically explained, as anything created, derived from something else. The only answer is god!
AMEN. Teehee. TY. GOD IS AMAZING these ppl have no clue what kind of LOVE MERCY GRACE there is .. Could b theirs...sadness
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Years ago a French infidel strutted and bragged that infidels would tear down the churches and destroy everything that reminded the people of God. A poor peasant replied," But you leave us the sun the moon, and the stars, and as long as they shine , we shall have a reminder of God."

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN. Teehee. TY. GOD IS AMAZING these ppl have no clue what kind of LOVE MERCY GRACE there is .. Could b theirs...sadness
This is an English thread, not sure what language you are using here, but I am certain there is a forum with people who speak it.
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Said the robin , to the sparrow , I should really like to know , Why these anxious human beings Rush around and worry so, Said the sparrow to the robin , Friend I think that it must be; That they know not of the heavenly Father, Such as cares for you and Me...
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Surprises are part of God's plan. They remind us He's still in charge. That is what they say , but sometimes ever now and then he really shocks the fire outta me . Being a givin person , I would gladly let someone else have my surprises... Just kidding , you all have a great Day.... Awesome time of year..
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
DENIAL is a sad place to b in my opinion
It really is I do agree, however many can only live in that , and seem to never really see the real in things. We all cope different , but time does do a lot. Great one to ya...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Why would he choose a child that did not need to be tested in that mother's body?
Either he knows that woman will abort or He knows her well enough that He is assuming she will. I don't know for sure.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>This gets us into some highly technical, uncertain territory...but the other poster was asking you basically to define life.

Sounds easy, right?

Science, the thing that tells us about reality, hasn't even settled on a precise definition of life. For example, is a virus alive?
Whether viruses alive or not it's totally irrelevant. We are talking about a human being. You guys talk about evidence all the time, we have all the evidence we need to know that fetus will become human being if not aborted or miscarried.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 99,201 - 99,220 of127,978
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Manchester Forum right now

Search the Manchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min LMS 144,889
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 22 min yes it is 81,551
New Doctor Office 1 hr Lion 2
ambulance & police 2 hr Yea 2
Jonathan Murrell 2 hr Lyttle 7
william jones aka bobo 2 hr grapevine 6
Donya Foutch 3 hr Agree 5
•••
•••
•••
Manchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters