Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,444

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103738 May 16, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Does yours have a Book of Mormon on the back of it???
Another Gospel of Jesus Christ????
That all the people before the 1800's were lost because
Joseph Smith wasn't around to preach his teachings???
Can you show me anything in the KJV about Kolob?
You said earlier... "Never give up on the ones you love!"
You guys do great footwork, I wished the Body of Christ did more!
I have a KJV and a Book of Mormon Another TESTAMENT of Jesus Christ.

We claim to be the restoration of the gospel that Jesus Christ taught while on earth. Since the death of the Apostles the "falling away" from His church began, just as Jesus told us would happen. He also told us there would be a restitution of all things before His return. The only difference between the LDS church and mainstream Christianity is that we believe these prophesies have occurred. This falling away happened early on and is evident at the Council of Nicea where they decided on pivotal doctrine like what books to include and exclude from God's word, and even the nature of God, method of baptism, importance of priesthood, etc.
So if most non Catholics, and about 1/4 of Catholics believe the Catholic Church is not the true church of Jesus Christ, then neither are any Protestant churches, as the scriptures say you cannot grow good fruit from a dead tree.
The founders of some of the largest Protestant churches acknowledged this very topic and admitted that the true church did not exist any more. Roger Williams even said that unless angels and apostles came down from heaven to restore it, it would not be on the earth. The difference is, we believe this has taken place.
Washndishes

Somerset, KY

#103739 May 16, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am concerned about how you demean science on a constant basis in order to justify your belief in god.
You also seem to think if science cannot explain all, then god must be the gap.
You confirm this with each post you make that concerns science. Then you have the nerve to claim that you do not demean science.
Your creationist ideas are blocking the education of our children. The propaganda you keep putting out confuses the kids. They get to a point where they think the flintstones is based upon a reality.
See this one?(now if true-sounds like an actually legite gripe going on there!)

Woman says she was fired for refusing Scientology
She claims she was forced to take religious courses that included screaming at ashtrays and staring at co-workers.

At Florida's Dynamic Medical Services, that's just part of the Scientology-based status quo, according to a complaint filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission earlier this month.

Rommy Sanchez, whom Dynamic is accused of firing after she stopped attending the Church of Scientology, completed enough company-mandated courses to be taken to the church by a fellow Dynamic employee. Those "courses" are where all the shoving, prolonged staring and ashtray screaming came in.

After completing those tasks, Sanchez was also required to connect herself to an electro-psycho-meter&#8203 ;, or "e-meter," and take a "purification course" that consisted of jogging on a treadmill and taking 20 pills she was told were "vitamins," according to the complaint. When she wanted to quit, the Dynamic employee who ran the courses "tried to convince her that the course was good for her, that it would change her mind and detox her."

The EEOC is seeking back pay for Sanchez and another employee who was fired for refusing to participate, as well as compensation for any workers who were subjected to Dynamic Medical's "hostile work environment."

Beatriz Biscardi, an attorney representing the employees, told The Huffington Post that the employees were clear that the courses were associated with Scientology. Dynamic issued a statement denying the EEOC's "baseless allegations." The Church of Scientology, meanwhile, has remained mum about the case.

The allegedly berated ashtray also remained silent.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#103740 May 16, 2013
Washndishes wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't want the one ultersound that was imposed upon me, it served no useful purpose at all that time, except to alleviate some headache and aggravation that yet more "science" prior itself had been causing, for no good reason, other than INcomplete, rather skewed "algorithmic theories" that were highly questionable.
It just caused me to have to try and wrap (for hypothetical example) a basketball in a golf ball sized wrapping for temporary transporting. Good thing I didn't listen to and shopping based on the same it lol.
Those Somerset doctors sound pretty brutal. They have no business abducting you for sonar experiments, but don’t let them scare you away if you need them to treat you for a serious medical condition.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#103741 May 16, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Those Somerset doctors sound pretty brutal. They have no business abducting you for sonar experiments, but don’t let them scare you away if you need them to treat you for a serious medical condition.
That's why I try not bite they hands off too much :-).

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103742 May 16, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you’re going to hell in a hand cart. Take extra ice.
I am so scared if the imaginary god(devil).
I also look under my bed for monsters before I go to sleep.
I knock on wood because I am superstitious of the gods that lived in the trees.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103743 May 16, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
In order:
No. My beliefs don't need defending, as I believe in reality (i.e. not some garbage that I only believe because some superstitious desert dweller scribbled it on parchment millenia ago).
You don't know what contradict means. Or what faith means. Buy a dictionary.
You should be neither impressed nor intimidated. You should realize that you sound stupid and consequently unf*#k yourself.
No. You don't believe in science, therefore you should either live without its benefits or acknowledge that you are just another stupid hypocrite (as everyone else already recognizes you).
Unfounded stupid attack. Do better, moron.
The intellectual content of what you posted,can possibly be measured with a nano gauge.

I do not base my realizations on the opinions of Atheists.
If Atheists consider me stupid and hypocritical,based on the source,I consider that to be a great compliment.
To lend any credibility to any opinions given by those whom I would not trust to mow my lawm,would be absurd,Wouldn't you Agree?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#103744 May 16, 2013
Ignored again...

Oh well. So, how about those rules for teaching the Bible in public schools?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103745 May 16, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am concerned about how you demean science on a constant basis in order to justify your belief in god.
You also seem to think if science cannot explain all, then god must be the gap.
You confirm this with each post you make that concerns science. Then you have the nerve to claim that you do not demean science.
Your creationist ideas are blocking the education of our children. The propaganda you keep putting out confuses the kids. They get to a point where they think the flintstones is based upon a reality.
I believe that this insatiable desire that you Atheists have,constantly making God a topic of conversation and constantly addressing the subject of faith,as if in search of something..
You may find the answer to your insatiable inquisitiveness by reading the findings of Sigmund Freud

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103746 May 16, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that this insatiable desire that you Atheists have,constantly making God a topic of conversation and constantly addressing the subject of faith,as if in search of something..
You may find the answer to your insatiable inquisitiveness by reading the findings of Sigmund Freud
Freud was an atheist, perhaps you meant Jung? If you are going to cite a field of science, be it psychology, sociology, biology, geology, physics, etc., it would behoove you to read a book that has credible contributors - and one that was written within the last 1600 years.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103747 May 16, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The intellectual content of what you posted,can possibly be measured with a nano gauge.
I do not base my realizations on the opinions of Atheists.
If Atheists consider me stupid and hypocritical,based on the source,I consider that to be a great compliment.
To lend any credibility to any opinions given by those whom I would not trust to mow my lawm,would be absurd,Wouldn't you Agree?
Too verbose.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists consider me stupid and hypocritical,based on the source,
Much better.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103748 May 16, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We tell you constantly why we oppose blind belief. One reason is the demeaning attitude towards science it clearly creates.
I cannot prove god is a myth, no more than you can prove Zeus is a myth.
How or why the big bang went down as it did have no bearing on my atheism. For some reason it seems to have a bearing on your faith though.
But for some reason, how and why god came to be has no bearing on your faith. The contradiction is curious to me.
I have not asked,nor do I need ,for you to tell me about blind belief. I am not afflicted by it,YOU ARE
Well,I would not call it blind,the appropriate word would be FOOLISH
I don't believe zeus ever existed,therefore I do not waste my time talking about something I do not believe in,,unlike you and the other Atheists....
If,I were constantly challenging Zeus existence,given that I do not believe he ever existed,could lead to some people questioing my sanity, or concluding as Freud did,that my subconscious is sending me a message
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103749 May 16, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that I asked you,“Why talk in puzzles?”
What are you puzzled by?
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#103750 May 16, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you puzzled by?
Circumlocutious speech.

The meaning of vague statements like “god is the answer.”

Why you avoid my question.

Those sorts of things.

Your opportunities abound as I have given generously.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#103751 May 16, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am so scared if the imaginary god(devil).
I also look under my bed for monsters before I go to sleep.
I knock on wood because I am superstitious of the gods that lived in the trees.
You're a brazen heathen who knows no shame. I suppose you also have a history of removing the labels from pillows or go swimming with reckless abandon without waiting a full hour after eating.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#103752 May 16, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are boringly repetitive.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#103753 May 16, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not asked,nor do I need ,for you to tell me about blind belief. I am not afflicted by it,YOU ARE
Well,I would not call it blind,the appropriate word would be FOOLISH
Yes, blah blah blah. I know you are, but what am I.

You believe in things that have absolutely no evidence to support them; the people you are arguing with do not. That is completely factual and nothing further can be said on the topic. Every time you try to say something to the contrary, you lie.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe zeus ever existed,therefore I do not waste my time talking about something I do not believe in,,unlike you and the other Atheists....
If,I were constantly challenging Zeus existence,given that I do not believe he ever existed,could lead to some people questioing my sanity, or concluding as Freud did,that my subconscious is sending me a message
No, stupid. If there was a veritable army of morons telling everyone that, seriously, Zeus is the only way and saying that Zeus should be taught in school (as fact), you'd be up in arms. We'd never hear the end of it. THAT is an apt comparison. Not your bullsh!t. Science, freedom from religion, and freedom of thought are completely under assault by militant Christians in this country. We, and a large part of the rest of the world, are disgusted by it all.

So, please, drop the weak "your mind is telling you something" or "you're crazy" crap. Every scientifically minded person is completely right to fight the propagation of your completely unsubstantiated claims and parasitic/oppressive religions.
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a brazen heathen who knows no shame. I suppose you also have a history of removing the labels from pillows or go swimming with reckless abandon without waiting a full hour after eating.
LOL
Thanks, that was enjoyable.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#103754 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus and child are two different classifications.
So all the people arrested, prosecuted and Jailed for Homicide for killing a fetus should be released from jail and given new trials for simple assault with bodily harm to the mothers right?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#103755 May 16, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So all the people arrested, prosecuted and Jailed for Homicide for killing a fetus should be released from jail and given new trials for simple assault with bodily harm to the mothers right?
The mother's wishes are what those rulings are based on, not whether it was a fetus or child.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#103756 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The mother's wishes are what those rulings are based on, not whether it was a fetus or child.
So Homicide is ok as long as the one contracting for the homicide says so?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103757 May 16, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Circumlocutious speech.
The meaning of vague statements like “god is the answer.”
Why you avoid my question.
Those sorts of things.
Your opportunities abound as I have given generously.
When one expresses himself in explicit terms,the responses one receives are indicative as to whether you were correctly understood.
The responses on this website,specifically those of the Atheists and so called ,former believers,has left no doubt in my mind,that they are totally misinformed and are unequipped to understand the topics that I address.
Their non related answers speak volumes.
They keep regurgitating the same canned propaganda,keep asking for the same evidence and keep complaining once they get it
So,it matters not how they are addressed,they will not understand.
Now,that I know of,you have seldom responded to anything I posted,under the name KUDA,other than today...
And keep in mind,many times ,Ichoose not to respond.....
Continuously responding to the same repetitive gibberish and nonsense often espoused here gets rather stale and boring...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Favorite Cartoon Character (Apr '08) 18 min awesomeness-18 41
School Board Tax 30 min Taxpayer 97
Justice for Catherine Collins (Dec '08) 7 hr babycoaldust 163
Drew Collins 7 hr Wondering also 15
Adam Brumley (Apr '11) 8 hr boom 26
does anyone know any good ghost stories (Oct '09) 9 hr wildcat 27
eva ( leea) davis from beechcreek 9 hr i know 2
County Judge Executive 15 hr VOTE 75
Manchester Dating
Find my Match