Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,417

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#100925 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstood me and are trying to ride that pony in the ground. Let me clarify. Not everything a prophet speaks is inspired or is direct revelation from The Lord. They speak words from their own minds much more frequently than they declare revelation.
I understand you believe this, and I am not really asking that question. I am asking if this is what you believe, then is not all claims of the bible made by prophets up for question? Does it not make the claim that homosexuality is an abomination possibly wrong?
I have asked this several times and in various ways, but either you cannot comprehend the question, or you are running from it.
Try giving a straight answer to the question for a change, instead of answering the question you wish was asked?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100926 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstood me and are trying to ride that pony in the ground. Let me clarify. Not everything a prophet speaks is inspired or is direct revelation from The Lord. They speak words from their own minds much more frequently than they declare revelation.
Read the question again, then answer the question(s) asked.

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if the accounts of the story could be flawed, then no one can really know what a god said. No one can know which accounts were wrong.
If one prophet was wrong as you claimed (Brigham) then doubt can be cast on all of them, right? If so, then how can you be so sure homosexuality is against the wishes of god?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100927 Apr 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I pointed out a prehuman bone would be that of a bipedal ape. Did you miss that? But even fully evolved human remains that are the oldest are found in Africa by a large margin. So it stands to reason humans first came from Africa.
Are you wishing for me to post a link?
This is not a debatable claim. The evidence is there to be found by a simple google search. Are you disputing their is evidence or are you just to lazy to look?
No I just think there is much more to find, along with things that will not be found. Science's claims are always changing. Take dinosaurs for example: now they believe that they were not cold-blooded reptiles after all. And brontosaurus didn't even exist. Some scientist put the wrong head on the large body. It was an apatosaurus. Oops. So they just stopped talking about one of our favorite dinosaurs hoping that it would fade away.
Just saying, more evidence can appear at any time that refutes everything that is currently believed. So it makes me laugh when these moving targets are used to dispute believers.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100928 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No I really wanted an answer, and I appreciated this one. It was a good response.
I really want answers from you, but for some reason you do not answer. What gives?

Location hidden

#100929 Apr 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you trust a holy ghost is guiding your brain? How can you know this happens? Because a prophet told you?
No, fortunately interaction with the HG is a personal interaction. And it is normally in a manner that one cannot deny is from God.

Location hidden

#100930 Apr 25, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>As I mentioned, while not having read the whole book cover to cover, at one point in time, I had read a good little bit from it. While I do not feel need to "challenge my own beliefs" I did not find what I did read from the book, to detract from them.

Personally, I think we need more people willing to look at the problems behind the increasing terrorism afflicitions are presenting themselves in the apparently blind eyed faces of this country lately.
It should not detract from your faith. It should build it. Anything that increases your faith is of God.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#100931 Apr 25, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought they both served the God of Abraham?
George W. Bush would agree with your thought.

Location hidden

#100932 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>No. What you describe is trust in the scientific method, not faith. There is a process, all information is available, and if one wants (as I often do), they can take a few minutes to confirm the result and have a deeper understanding of the subject matter. If it were faith you would know that you could do none of that and that you're required to take their word that something simply IS with no proof whatsoever, and you could never have any deeper understanding of anything other than what some other person claims (which is again, without any proof).

Why is it so hard to believe that some people take absolutely nothing on faith? Why do I always see people of faith attempting to validate their belief in things with no basis by acting as though people of science are doing the same thing?? We are not. Period. It really rubs me the wrong way when they try to claim such garbage, because I find the whole concept of believing things without any proof offensive (and in fact, I believe that it's the root cause of most things that make this world a worse place).
Sorry but you are still trusting individuals that are attempting the scientific method. Just like the first time scientists were trying to determine the link between birds and dinosaurs. It took them months to figure out that someone just didn't clean out a leaked ostrich egg from one of the containers. They were trying to label some species of dinosaurs as feathered reptiles. Oops.

Location hidden

#100933 Apr 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>see above
What was I supposed to look for?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100934 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My question came first a long time ago. And I have answered your question, you just didn't like the response.
No I don't think the abomination was a recorded mistake. It was included in many books of the Bible, and came from several prophets, and cities were destroyed because of the act.
So are you telling me if a claim is repeated, this leads you to believe the claim is true? Just in case you were not aware, that is a textbook propaganda technique. But just know, homosexuality was barely spoke of in the bible.
I responded to your claim about Sodom and Gomorrah and you failed to answer.
Biblical scholars often dispute the claim that homosexuality was the reason for the fire and brimstone. The villagers in the story just wished to rape the visitors, not other villagers that were offered.
The story goes on to show the people of the village were all bad, and not in the ways you seem to think is the reason for the fire.

Also, the prophets of the old testament said cutting your side burns was bad also, so do you cut yours?

I am just trying to understand how you determine what is really a claim of a god.
You said the holy ghost helps clear up confusion, but if this is true, then why are their so many different opinions of what god wants?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100935 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but you are still trusting individuals that are attempting the scientific method. Just like the first time scientists were trying to determine the link between birds and dinosaurs. It took them months to figure out that someone just didn't clean out a leaked ostrich egg from one of the containers. They were trying to label some species of dinosaurs as feathered reptiles. Oops.
Any critical minded person does not live their lives based on a claim that does not have much evidence. This would be one of those cases.
It is pretty clear their are links between dinosaurs and birds, but that does not mean all claims about each one is true.
But most atheist science followers are not denying people rights due to what science is saying about ostrich eggs. But Christians do try and deny rights to homosexuals due to what the bible claims about them. You have absolutely zero evidence a god approved of condemning homosexuals.

Location hidden

#100936 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
Here's the way that you, just like a good Christain, continually attempt to insult me instead of simply answering what was asked:
"you would not have been able to grasp"
"your inability to grasp"
"your inability to compprehend"
"upset you"
"arbitrarily dismissed"

So, to clarify exactly where you stand, NO... I am not unable to grasp anything you have or will state. I am not unable to comprehend anything you have or will state. I am not upset by the existence of stupid people on the internet. And I arbitrarily dismiss nothing. At this point, you can either tuck your tail and slink off to whatever hole you came from, or you can answer me.

I will state it again, as clearly as possible:
If you had never prayed could it still have happened in the exact same way (i.e. through either random chance or normal processes)? Do note that this says nothing about probability or your difficulty in grasping that a low probability occurrence could happen to you. Please explain what happened and how you think the question applies.
John F Dillenger wrote, "<quoted text>
Well, you are right (didn't expect that did you)!"

I did. He probably did, too. Why wouldn't we both expect that we were right? It's not like either of us tend to blab on about things we know nothing about and then ask worthless and invalid questions in an attempt to play "gotcha". I mean, who would do that?
I answered you on this. No, the child's ear would not have reattached before EMTs could arrive, with no use of medical equipment.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100937 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, fortunately interaction with the HG is a personal interaction. And it is normally in a manner that one cannot deny is from God.
Can your answers get any more vague? You did not answer my question at all. Just what constitutes a personal interaction?
When people get different answers than you when consulting the holy ghost, does this not prove it to be a delusion?

Location hidden

#100938 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>In what way does it matter who commented to who? My point was clear. You were rude and arrogant. You accused him of being the same. You are a hypocrite. And a rather dense one, since I just had to explain this to you.

Also, don't worry about my Topix name. It's completely irrelevant to anything being discussed here.
Hahaha. You are the rudeness police now?? Oh the irony

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100939 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No I just think there is much more to find, along with things that will not be found. Science's claims are always changing. Take dinosaurs for example: now they believe that they were not cold-blooded reptiles after all. And brontosaurus didn't even exist. Some scientist put the wrong head on the large body. It was an apatosaurus. Oops. So they just stopped talking about one of our favorite dinosaurs hoping that it would fade away.
Just saying, more evidence can appear at any time that refutes everything that is currently believed. So it makes me laugh when these moving targets are used to dispute believers.
So you thus just did not look because science is sometimes wrong? Wow!!!

No one is basing their lives upon the idea that humans came out of Africa, but I think many theists base their lives upon the idea that Adam and Eve were claimed to be the first humans. You have absolutely zero evidence of that claim and their is a lot of evidence that disputes that claim. But you have shown me that you dismiss all science, so I now understand part of how you think.

Location hidden

#100940 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Wha? Please tell me that you intended that as a joke.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#100941 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Use your scientific method, and fully explain how a Bumblebee can fly? I belive they can, one stung me the other day! However prove it, useing scientific fact? Have at it!
They do understand how bumble bees fly moron

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100942 Apr 25, 2013
Abner atcha wrote:
<quoted text>Who is denying you your freedom of belief/unbelief? In your ignorance you miss the fact that a person cannot be made to believe anything. With a knife at my throat I may be forced to say I believe when I do not. One man cannot damn another's soul nor can he save another. The difference in Christians and atheists is that a Christian will drop everything he is doing and fall to his knees alongside you anytime you ask him to pray with you, whether it is for sickness, salvation or any other reason. He will not deny you that whether you are a believer or not. That is because they care for their neighbor and don't want to see anyone suffer or perish. Christian or not, if you ask me to pray for you I would, knowing full well you would insult me in the end. There is the difference, we have an ultimate goal, a goal that is for good. You have an ultimate goal also and that is to hurt, mock and despise every Christian on earth because of the same "Parrot" thing. What you've seen and heard about the "hypocrites" The true Christian's purpose is to help get everyone they can into the lifeboat because they love their neighbors. What do they get from you? Slapped in the face. Buddy you have every right in the world to not believe in God. You have every right in the world to go to hell. I just wish you wouldn't. What are you going to do if there is a God and it's all true? What caused you to become so vile? Just because you don't believe something is no reason to be so vicious and wanting every Christian on earth to be eradicated.
I also have the right to not her you preaching your sick cult. Having to use threats (of Hell) shows how weak your religion is

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100943 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you responded to one line of my post? I would call someone a hypocrite, were I you.
And why not freak?
If I go through the post am I going to find the same location with a different user name? I bet I would.
You claim to be educated yet you shy away from the truth and facts? You post stupid questions to prove that your god exist and when called on them backpeddle.
Just another mindless sheep parroting what some con artist preacher said

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100944 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
In the grand reality of things what is your opinion worth? More than theirs or mine, no! Who are you exactly? A simple P--ick acting lile a big shot on topix! If you are so vastly intellegent, share your wisdom with the world, little man!
Hmmm, since the christian cult is losing followers daily and as education and information is easier to obtain less people believe that crap I would say that the world is sharing the wisdom.
Hard for you con artist to just make stuff up when there is Google huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wondering 43 min Mickey mouse 1
Report selling food stamps (May '13) 1 hr Umm 30
Laurel Creek Health Care (Oct '13) 1 hr Employee numero uno 55
Glenda Wombles Is Freaky In Bed 2 hr Really 2
Adam Brumley (Apr '11) 2 hr stop 21
eva ( leea) davis from beechcreek 6 hr suspicious 1
churh goers that sell drugs 6 hr Knowing 7
Wes Whitehead is at it again!!!! lol school bo... 8 hr time to go joe 3
County Judge Executive 8 hr time to go joe 71
School Board Tax Tue Unfair 90