Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,805)

Showing posts 96,081 - 96,100 of128,516
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Try and stay outa DC then-there's a few them chiseled in stone-you know how those chiselings are-they just historically be there for people to enjoy (or whine about), and ya just gotta deal with it!
Well it is kind of hard to take down the old ones, but adding new ones is what I am talking about.
I think the old ones should stay, as a testament to what our old ways of thought were. It is historical.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Round and Round it goes, where it stops, goddiditdammit.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer briefly, I do not think God predestines His children to have a tendency towards a sin that He condemns.
So then by your reasoning here, no one is god-given the urge to have sex until marriage?
You are funny

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I posted the book, chapter, and verse so you are not being truthful (which commandment is that? 9?)
Your post shows how weak your cult really is. Your cult is losing people daily it is dying.
And take your medication, you need it
Riddle me this priest how many commandments are there?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why it wasn't changed other than the answers I have provided. In God's time, 100 years is like 20 minutes? Maybe they were too tied up dealing with their own persecution at the time.
Again, I don't see how you think a prophet in the OT could be wrong about God's stance on homosexuality when entire cities were destroyed over the matter.
And what is science's explanation of different skin color?
Well they were not persecuted for over a hundred years, but keep making excuses for your churches epic failures.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

613 give or take

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Lmao, "reasoning", that and belief, meltdown.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So do you base your views on this one persons claims?
Even if his claims are honest, does that mean others are having same sex relations for the same reasons?
Surely you are aware most homosexuals claim they had no choice in their preference? Do you think they are all lying and only your one friend is truthful?
\
I note you still have not answered why you believe the prophets of the old testament when you have claimed some prophets are wrong.
No, of course not, that's why I said " for example". This was a singular example.

I don't think it is a "choice" in most cases. Do you remember making the "choice" to like math or not? Doubtful.

Yes, I have answered. You just didn't accept the answer. I believe in all truth that can be verified by the Holy Ghost. However, every truth in the Bible does not occupy my mind all the time. For example, great detail was written about the interior of the tabernacle that Moses was commanded to construct. But it isn't really relevant to me right now. I think it is neat to read, but it doesn't really pertain to me in my daily life. It certainly shows me that God cares about detail, which cements my belief that one must do much more than simple say "I believe in Jesus Christ", and they will be saved.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Sasha wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a Minister?
No, not at all. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has no "ministers". We have an unpaid clergy made up of just members.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Many a biblical scholar would argue that Sodom and Gamorah being burned was not due to homosexuality, but rape and such. But we can all speculate. Clearly prophets speculate all the time and it becomes the supposed word of god.

The science I have read on the subject of skin color says when many generations of a people live in harsh, sunny environments, their absorption of sun changes. I can look up the exact chemical change if you wish,or maybe you can look it up in case you start to actually question the claimed words of god for a change.

Note, many generations is a long time depending upon the darkness. One estimate said a people may go from white to black in ten thousand years or maybe more. It is evolution.
So why aren't those from pacific islands black? Why aren't people from nearest the equator black? Why are Eskimos darker skinned? Why are there white people in Africa?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mormons do not have ministers.
All Mormons are expected to preach.
Not exactly preach. We don't even use that word. We believe in the admonition to warn our neighbor (to spread the good news of Jesus Christ).
I just personally like discussions of faith.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, so you do not know why, but does it not make you question? Seems to me you brush it off as if it were nothing.
Of course I wondered why. But probably the last time I thought about it was several years ago. I have questioned many things in my lifetime.
But I believe the doctrines of my church to be true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So then by your reasoning here, no one is god-given the urge to have sex until marriage?
Not necessarily. The powers of procreation are very powerful, and with that great power, we must be responsible.
I would imagine that these urges were one if the causes of young marriage back in ancient times (coupled with short life expectancies).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well they were not persecuted for over a hundred years, but keep making excuses for your churches epic failures.
Weren't persecuted for over a hundred years? When was that?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Melanin.

And its not mentioned in the holyhatebible, one must read other books and such.
Guardian Angel

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

You all need to shut up,none of you have a clue.Read the bible.As for prove do you breath air?There is no big bang theory.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Guardian Angel wrote:
The wondering atheist,Do you breath air?Where do you suppose it comes from?See, your wrong when you think that Christians have to prove that god exist.You have to prove that he don't.
really? where does the air come from? lmao for one the oxygen is a by product of photosynthesis and thats all we need from the air to survive. and if u claim something exist the proof is on u. i can say unicorns are real but no one believes it cuz i cant prove it. the same with santa claus and the easter bunny and all that so by your reasoning they are all real cuz i bet u cant prove any of those are not real. u cant prove something when there is zero evidence from either side. zero evidence means the default is it doesnt exist so if u want us to believe it does exist get some evidence. i apologize for your god since he cant seem to make any legit evidence unless a man does it for him. the same as the other beings i mentioned in this thread. the burden of proof is on u the believer but u know u cant prove it so u try to change the way that all other things in life work just to fit your little fantasy. when your god gets all this power u claim maybe he can prove he exist but from the looks of it i think maybe he dont have the power to prove it cuz he doesnt exist.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
JJG wrote:
What is really funny is that most Christians will end up in hell, according to the Bible on 12,000 will enter the kingdom of heaven
You are both wrong,thereby proving your lack of knowledge regarding the Scriptures.
You are reffering to Rev7;4 to 8 and conveniently left out the next verse Revelation 7:9
The Great Multitude in White Robes
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a( GREAT multitude that no one could COUNT), from EVERY nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
You both,are either misinformeb OR intentionally deceitful
keep on reading....lol u will learn the ones that cant be counted are not goin to heaven. they will be living on the jesus controlled earth while the jewish 144k go on to heaven to be with the main god. u actually need to learn your bible a little better. dont make a statement that is wrong unless u read the whole thing. there are many many scriptures that tell u that no man will enter the gates of heaven but i guess u just ignore those as u go huh? lol this is one case that u dont know what u are talkin about but still had the arrogance about u to point out that u know more about it than me and for that i thank u, just proves more and more that the followers follow blind cuz they dont know what really is in the book.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So why aren't those from pacific islands black? Why aren't people from nearest the equator black? Why are Eskimos darker skinned? Why are there white people in Africa?
im not exactly sure why but i can give u a pretty solid explaination and im far from a scientist or studied this topic. for one, africa is supposedly the start of humans so they have had more time to get darker that others at the equator but in turn all equator peoples have darker skin than norhtern europeans so they are turning slowly as they evolve. for eskimos i would guess because of the longer days they endure during certain time of the year it would cause them to produce more melanin in order to protect them during those months. and for the white ppl in africa, i know that is a no brainer, africa has diamonds and white ppl want them so they migrated there to rape africa of all its natural resources and make money from the resources and the ppl as slaves during the british colonial times. just sayin that in places of more sun light hrs u get ppl with darker skin for the protection it provides and when u get in the more equal parts inthe northern and southern hemispheres the ppl get lighter skin cause they are covered up more in the cold and the day hrs arent as long as other places so the body doesnt need all that extra protection.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Note the part where I said "you have the extreme position"?
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you have the biased extreme position that atheist never do good just because they like to do good. Of course this is an insane and false position to take, just as it was a false claim the bible took. You are both wrong.]
But thanks for proving my main point. The passage just breeds hate.
No hate... that's your position!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,081 - 96,100 of128,516
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Manchester Forum right now

Search the Manchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
"Stay In Clay" Org. Dumbest ideal ever! 7 min Should Have Asked 27
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 min Gizz 81,561
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min DemocRATS 146,029
mikes Tobacco 28 min Man 9
RIP Scotty Baker (Apr '08) 31 min Jeremy 242
jailer and magistrate 52 min i care 28
Landos 1 hr Wannaknow 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••