Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,801)

Showing posts 96,001 - 96,020 of122,991
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
The christian cult needs an extra large cup of "mind your own business"
If they minded their own business they would be able to live their lives by their beliefs (not that they want to, their beliefs are for every one else) and no one would care
I have not forced my faith on you. You ask me questions. I answer.
Matter of Fact

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

You all rot in total ignorance. Jesus has no prophets now, only witnesses. When He said it is finished He meant it. The prophets were until John it plainly says. The OT is prophetic, the NT is prophecy fulfilled. When Jesus said He will say "depart from me ye workers of iniquity, for I never knew you" maybe He should have added and YOU never knew ME either. You are all clueless. "Ever learning but NEVER coming to the knowledge of the Truth."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Matter of Fact wrote:
You all rot in total ignorance. Jesus has no prophets now, only witnesses. When He said it is finished He meant it. The prophets were until John it plainly says. The OT is prophetic, the NT is prophecy fulfilled. When Jesus said He will say "depart from me ye workers of iniquity, for I never knew you" maybe He should have added and YOU never knew ME either. You are all clueless. "Ever learning but NEVER coming to the knowledge of the Truth."
What about Jesus' prophecy about the restitution of all things before His return? What about the passage that says " Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."?
Looks to me like the prophecy was fulfilled in Revelations that says there would be a period of time when the Heavens would be rolled up like a scroll and God would not speak to man during this time. But if the other 2 scriptures are true, you should be looking for a prophet to once again speak for God on earth.
Don't judge too quickly and be just like the Sanhedrin that missed the coming of the Christ because they were so stuck in their comfortable laws and traditions.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
What if I am?
You gonna stick me in a jar of blackballs for it?
(go ahead-I'll just already find something WAY better to do!!!)
I one breath you denounce labeling groups, then in more than one post you proceed to do so.
Ignorance is not the "enlightenment" you should be heralding as a virtue - yet you apparently do.
Look up Malthus before you praise his ideology.
If still lay claim to being a Mathusian Teabagger, then I will state that you are not only a hypocrite and an unconscionable contradiction, but the very antithesis of what you claim to be as well as what Christ was attempting to teach.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Sounds like your jesus needed some medication

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, and a man's enemies will be the members of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me." -- Jesus (Matthew 10:34-37)
You are funny

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Sounds like your jesus needed some medication
“Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, and a man's enemies will be the members of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me." -- Jesus (Matthew 10:34-37)
Ever here the term, "text and context", yea I bet you have! You use scripture as does the TV preacher as they steal from the old and feeble; like them you are a liar and an abomination! Play your harp for the weak minded. Enjoy the hour of the fool, the clock is ticking! For those watching, reading all of Chapter 10, it gives you the context of what Jesus was teaching. And you Mr priest, continue to amuse.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

You are funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever here the term, "text and context", yea I bet you have! You use scripture as does the TV preacher as they steal from the old and feeble; like them you are a liar and an abomination! Play your harp for the weak minded. Enjoy the hour of the fool, the clock is ticking! For those watching, reading all of Chapter 10, it gives you the context of what Jesus was teaching. And you Mr priest, continue to amuse.
That's not taken out of context at all, idiot. It's meant to say exactly what it says and is in a part of the text that allows it to stand alone. So defend it.

As for the whole using the scripture to steal from people thing... how is that not what every church does? The way I see it, the only difference is magnitude.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I like a lot of the things that the character Jesus was about. Compassion, forgiveness, feeding the hungry, clothing the poor...etc. Who wouldn't, at some level, appreciate those "teachings"?
I also happen to like the Arthurian legends and think they can serve a role in teaching about honor and chivalry. Does that mean I have to believe King Arthur to be real? No, of course not.
<quoted text>
You have repeatedly made statements to the effect of "these events are logical and cannot be disproved by science..." or something else equally hyperbolic.
<quoted text>
What does it mean to me? It means do not give sacred things (which is subjective) to those who do not (or cannot) appreciate them.
Kind of like those of us who try to reason with you. We're "casting our pearls before swine" when any of us lay out a rational explanation for something that you've posited, and you ignore it or (more likely) respond with insults.
A few points that you stated,that I will dispute, are invalid.
<quoted text>
You have repeatedly made statements to the effect of "these events are logical and cannot be disproved by science..." or something else equally hyperbolic.
1)I have never,as you allege,made any statements to that effect.
If you have any evidence to contradict me,post it.
There is your opportunity to prove that I lie or mislead.
<quoted text>
What does it mean to me? It means do not give sacred things (which is subjective) to those who do not (or cannot) appreciate them.
<quoted text>
2)Your opinion on the interpretation of the parable is fairly accurate,how ever,you did not state how you came by that opinion.
Is that based on your personal analysis,or based on information provided you by some other source?
<quoted text>Kind of like those of us who try to reason with you. We're "casting our pearls before swine" when any of us lay out a rational explanation for something that you've posited, and you ignore it or (more likely) respond with insults
3)No one here,including yourself,has ever provided a rational explanation that would contradict the basis for my faith,
What all of you have provided,is based on your opinions,which are not based on facts.
Therefore your argument,that you are casting pearls before swine,is invalidated,because the basis for your argument is false.
4)Everyone who has read about King Arthur acknowledges he is a mythical figure,Not so,about Jesus. The writers of the Gospels attest to his having existed,along with historians who were in total disagreement with his teachings ,confirm his existence
CORNELIUS TACITUS (55 - 120 A.D.) Tacitus century Roman historian who lived through the reigns of over half a dozenRoman emperors. Considered one of the greatest historians of ancient Rome, Tacitus verifies the Biblical account of Jesus' execution at the
hands of Pontius Pilate who governed Judea from 26-36 A.D. during the reign of Tiberius.
"Christus, the founder of the [Christian] name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius. But the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time, broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, by through the city of Rome also.
Arthur was a mythical King/Warrior who commanded an army of Knights,trained in the art of war ,whom with their help,he was able to win in the battlefield
Jesus was a teacher/debater,his army comprised of 12 uneducated fishermen and tax collectors whom he was training to spread his teachings..One was a traitor,as foretold in the Scriptures.
Jesus took on his adversaries singlehandedly.
These adversaries included,what were considered the wisest men in Jewish society,The Phariseees,the Scribes,the Lawyers,the Sanhedrin
All supposedly,very knowledgeable about the Scriptures,they were the Experts in their field.
He debated them,showed them how misinformed they were,defeated their cunning attempts to entrap him and left them unable to contradict his teachings

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

You are funny wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted the book, chapter, and verse so you are not being truthful (which commandment is that? 9?)
Your post shows how weak your cult really is. Your cult is losing people daily it is dying.
And take your medication, you need it

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
A few points that you stated,that I will dispute, are invalid.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
2)Your opinion on the interpretation of the parable is fairly accurate,how ever,you did not state how you came by that opinion.
Is that based on your personal analysis,or based on information provided you by some other source?
<quoted text>Kind of like those of us who try to reason with you. We're "casting our pearls before swine" when any of us lay out a rational explanation for something that you've posited, and you ignore it or (more likely) respond with insults
3)No one here,including yourself,has ever provided a rational explanation that would contradict the basis for my faith,
What all of you have provided,is based on your opinions,which are not based on facts.
Therefore your argument,that you are casting pearls before swine,is invalidated,because the basis for your argument is false.
4)Everyone who has read about King Arthur acknowledges he is a mythical figure,Not so,about Jesus. The writers of the Gospels attest to his having existed,along with historians who were in total disagreement with his teachings ,confirm his existence
CORNELIUS TACITUS (55 - 120 A.D.) Tacitus century Roman historian who lived through the reigns of over half a dozenRoman emperors. Considered one of the greatest historians of ancient Rome, Tacitus verifies the Biblical account of Jesus' execution at the
hands of Pontius Pilate who governed Judea from 26-36 A.D. during the reign of Tiberius.
"Christus, the founder of the [Christian] name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius. But the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time, broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, by through the city of Rome also.
Arthur was a mythical King/Warrior who commanded an army of Knights,trained in the art of war ,whom with their help,he was able to win in the battlefield
Jesus was a teacher/debater,his army comprised of 12 uneducated fishermen and tax collectors whom he was training to spread his teachings..One was a traitor,as foretold in the Scriptures.
Jesus took on his adversaries singlehandedly.
These adversaries included,what were considered the wisest men in Jewish society,The Phariseees,the Scribes,the Lawyers,the Sanhedrin
All supposedly,very knowledgeable about the Scriptures,they were the Experts in their field.
He debated them,showed them how misinformed they were,defeated their cunning attempts to entrap him and left them unable to contradict his teachings
AWWW did you get caught in some lies? Are you taking your medication like the Doctors said?
You are a nut job troll and have no credibility

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where you state that science cannot explain the mysteries surrounding, what turned out to be, your runaway dog:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T...
Here's (and you repeated this several times) claimed that the events were "logically unexplainable"
I'm sure there are many many more, but it's too taxing to sift through weeks of posts to find examples. Besides, I'm sure that you're just going to come up with some ridiculous explanations/excuses.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Immediately with the insults? Has anyone ever told you that you're an ass?
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I, and several others, provided perfectly rational (and common day) explanations for the "unexplainable" events surrounding the recovery of your missing dog. There was nothing remarkable about your story.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
4)Everyone who has read about King Arthur acknowledges he is a mythical figure,Not so,about Jesus.
I guess you, unsuprisingly, missed my point (note my previous reference to "pearls before swine").
I said that I know King Arthur was fictional. But there are still good lessons about honor and chivalry to be found in the Arthurian legends. In other words, I can respect the "teachings" without having to believe the characters are real.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I one breath you denounce labeling groups, then in more than one post you proceed to do so.
Ignorance is not the "enlightenment" you should be heralding as a virtue - yet you apparently do.
Look up Malthus before you praise his ideology.
If still lay claim to being a Mathusian Teabagger, then I will state that you are not only a hypocrite and an unconscionable contradiction, but the very antithesis of what you claim to be as well as what Christ was attempting to teach.
Hey, I didn't say it OR praise it-but YOU sure did.

I said, "so what if I was...", and then I went and planted some radi lol.

(plz be careful not to slip in your own dribble and off of your pedastal there now lol)
The Wondering Atheist

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Guardian Angel wrote:
The wondering atheist,Do you breath air?Where do you suppose it comes from?See, your wrong when you think that Christians have to prove that god exist.You have to prove that he don't.
Are you that stupid?

I don't even know why I just ask that question. I already knew the answer.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where you state that science cannot explain the mysteries surrounding, what turned out to be, your runaway dog:
Here's (and you repeated this several times) claimed that the events were "logically unexplainable"
I'm sure there are many many more, but it's too taxing to sift through weeks of posts to find examples. Besides, I'm sure that you're just going to come up with some ridiculous explanations/excuses.
<quoted text>
Immediately with the insults? Has anyone ever told you that you're an ass?
<quoted text>
I, and several others, provided perfectly rational (and common day) explanations for the "unexplainable" events surrounding the recovery of your missing dog. There was nothing remarkable about your story.
<quoted text>
I guess you, unsuprisingly, missed my point (note my previous reference to "pearls before swine").
I said that I know King Arthur was fictional. But there are still good lessons about honor and chivalry to be found in the Arthurian legends. In other words, I can respect the "teachings" without having to believe the characters are real.
There is no need for me to post ridiculous explanations,I leave that task to those who are experts in that field,like yourself.
Nothing contained in any of yours or others responses was based on Scientific evidence or logical proof.It was based on your opinions.
And you based your opinions on events that you knew nothing about or experienced
Suffice it to say,I have my faith and you have your beliefs and they are diametrically opposed.
I know precisely what my faith is based on,you don't.
I have personally experienced the events that led me to my faith,you haven't.
My faith is unshaken,as a matter of fact,the experiences that I've had on this website have served to strengthen my faith,not diminish it.
As a matter of fact,I had never fully understood the parable we have been discussing,until I came on this website and started participating in these discussions.
Then,it became very apparent to me.....
So I thank you and others,your unbelief has been used by my Lord Jesus Christ in order to strengthen my faith,by confirming the truth contained in the following parable

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and attack you.

For that reason,I have no need to continue the discussion on this topic.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for me to post ridiculous explanations,I leave that task to those who are experts in that field,like yourself.
Nothing contained in any of yours or others responses was based on Scientific evidence or logical proof.It was based on your opinions.
And you based your opinions on events that you knew nothing about or experienced
Suffice it to say,I have my faith and you have your beliefs and they are diametrically opposed.
I know precisely what my faith is based on,you don't.
I have personally experienced the events that led me to my faith,you haven't.
My faith is unshaken,as a matter of fact,the experiences that I've had on this website have served to strengthen my faith,not diminish it.
As a matter of fact,I had never fully understood the parable we have been discussing,until I came on this website and started participating in these discussions.
Then,it became very apparent to me.....
So I thank you and others,your unbelief has been used by my Lord Jesus Christ in order to strengthen my faith,by confirming the truth contained in the following parable
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and attack you.
For that reason,I have no need to continue the discussion on this topic.
You really need to take your medication freak. Do they allow you to be around children? You should not be allowed around children.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>AWWW did you get caught in some lies? Are you taking your medication like the Doctors said?
You are a nut job troll and have no credibility
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
You Got something more you HAVE to say?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
You Got something more you HAVE to say?
Coming from you that is too funny.
Drink poison
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

JJG wrote:
What is really funny is that most Christians will end up in hell, according to the Bible on 12,000 will enter the kingdom of heaven.
Naaah,What is humorous is a fool pretending to be wise.

Obviously,you have no clue as to what you are talking about,but probably,consider yourself wise

Revelation 7:5-9

King James Version (KJV)

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

9 AFTER this I BEHELD, and, lo, a GREAT MULTITUDE, which no man COULD NUMBER, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I didn't say it OR praise it-but YOU sure did.
I said, "so what if I was...", and then I went and planted some radi lol.
(plz be careful not to slip in your own dribble and off of your pedastal there now lol)
I'm not on a pedestal. I didn't state that I praise much of anything, but you do. Your "entitleMental" remark indicates that you have Malthusian tendencies - and the movement most closely associated with that particular evil is the Tea Party.
IF you subscribe to that ideology, THEN you are not in alignment with any of your self-professed saintliness.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaah,What is humorous is a fool pretending to be wise.
Obviously,you have no clue as to what you are talking about,but probably,consider yourself wise
Revelation 7:5-9
King James Version (KJV)
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
9 AFTER this I BEHELD, and, lo, a GREAT MULTITUDE, which no man COULD NUMBER, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
If you are going to quote from the bible you should follow the bible.
"Holy shit batman, curious is batshit insane" Marvel comics 133 batman meets a wack job

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,001 - 96,020 of122,991
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

146 Users are viewing the Manchester Forum right now

Search the Manchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 12 min Anne52 81,228
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min positronium 138,840
wklb 2 hr Cornbread 117
Rupp Arena project to get $1.5 million; needs U... 2 hr well 12
County judge 2 hr On Fire 12
Will Gary Miller Win 2 hr Voter 11
colsons BP (Jul '13) 3 hr James 12
2 hunters shot in clay county 4 hr wondering 117
County Judges Race 19 hr Mayor 143
•••
•••
•••
Manchester Dating

more search filters