Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,415

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97072 Mar 24, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but many a Kook in the Basement has been Correct... that 1600 page hypothesis may hold a sliver of information that allowed the next Eureka moment when a naked guy runs down the hallway... Consensus has actually seldom been correct completely and I can name many scientifically held consensuses that have been completely wrong once some kook in the basement got a few ivory towers to read what he has written.... Let's see Civilization is only 6k to 7k years from Hunter Gatherer to Us today... The earth is the center of the universe and resides in concentric transparent spheres.... The speed of Light is Constant...(That one you will have to read my hypothesis to figure out)....
I agree with you that an institution can corrupt an idea, which is what you're getting at I think. But your line of reasoning, to me, would turn science into Open Mic Night. I'm not sure how anything would get accomplished.

Also, no theory is absolutely true or perfect. We cannot peel back that final layer and gaze upon the naked universe. Whatever works, works. That's how it works. The theory that works best given our current understanding and technology is going to be the prevailing theory. It doesn't matter if it later gets overturned. Hindsight is 20/20, but foresight is far from perfect.

I actually wish more people could get their ideas heard and taken seriously because I'm sure somewhere out there is a guy with a paper that has the potential to overturn paradigms in science. But unfortunately for every paradigm-shifting work of genius there are a thousand wastes of time. And time is money, and that's the most limited resource in this game.

And for someone like me, a non-scientist, I have to trust the experts. I can read the ideas and vet them to the extent that I am able to do so. But at some point I'm going to hit a wall of technicality that I'm not able or willing to scramble over. At that point I'm going to have to give it my *conditional* approval and move on. If I reject the idea that 90% of all experts agree on and I embrace an idea that one or two people promote then on what basis am I lending my trust? It can't be reason. It has to be something else, some kind of faith or fascination with the idea.

I lend my trust on evidence alone. And the consensus of experts is a part of that evidence. I do not see how it could be otherwise.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#97073 Mar 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Past those books? You mean like reading about King Hammurabi and his code of laws - where "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" probably came from in the first place? Or do you mean that if I snort enough meth I'll be able to read between the lines? I might've burned a brain cell or two in the '70's, but I didn't do those lines.
Have a cookie.
No! I mean the OT into the NT!
Unless you're 300 lbs...
I've probably done your weight in drugs...
Meth, Acid, Pot, Coke, Morphine, Booze, Paint, gas,
lighter fluid, List goes on...
(No Crack, or real Heroin)
And guess what?
I'm STILL Alive, and Lucid!
WHY??? Why did I survive something that kills most everyone else?
I asked God that question, and the answer was...
When I first heard of Him, and Jesus as a kid...
I Truly believed!
It only took 40 more years to get my act together, and
excape satans grip!
Good, n evil are in the world, and now...
I'm on the Good side!
I truly hope that happens for you... soon!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#97074 Mar 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Eye witnesses like Saul and John of Patmos? You know the chronology of the writings and the compilations of the Councils of Constantine were waaay past the time of eye witness accounts. Do you think there was a stenographer at the Sermon of the Mount?
Don't be obtuse.
Wrong again!
Saul only seen Jesus on the way to Damascus, but was in contact with Him the rest of his life!
The Gospels, and Pauls letters circulated long before
Constintine came, and perverted Christianity with paganism!
But, Hey... Believe what you want!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97075 Mar 24, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>No! I mean the OT into the NT!
Unless you're 300 lbs...
And guess what?
I Truly believed!
excape satans grip!
I'm on the Good side!
You may be alive but you are not lucid. In fact all of those drugs made you insane.
Satanist do not use drugs. It is against our beliefs.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#97076 Mar 24, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
The family unit is under assault from an ever increasing array of forces, with children enduring the brunt of the attack. Parents are now facing almost impossible odds of successfully rearing their children! Yet, God commands parents to “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it”(Prov. 22:6). But how can parents—one alone or two working together—do this? What chance do they have of rearing moral children in today’s immoral world? What should children be taught? How should they be instructed? And can you be sure that what you teach your children will stay with them for life? God’s Word addresses these and many other questions—and the answers are not what you expect!
Proverbs 30
King James Version (KJV)
20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.
Good post!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97077 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You do not know anything do you? The men at that time had as many wives as they could afford to buy. The wealthier the more wives. Even Abraham had more than one wife. One man many women and they also had sex with other men.
If you want to use the OLD testament to defame some one than you need to live by the other OLD testament laws, no pork or shellfish, sell your daughters, do not shave or cut your hair, do not wear mixed fabric clothes, etc....
You can not preach from your evil book and pick and choose from it (because that shows us you do not really believe that the bible is "gods word")
You are such a tard...
But thanks for your input!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97078 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Since you can not answer questions or explain anything when asked to, instead you spout non-sense with nothing to back it up, you even deny what the bible says with non-sense I must guess that you know nothing and you are in a mental institution.
By the way YAA, If you think that posting under a bunch of names fools any one it does not. You are alone with the voices in your head and we are many (you will always be alone, you will die alone with no one except the imaginary friends you have made up)
I knew you'd fall back on your ignorance!
Thanks again!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97079 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The christian cult wants to turn every one else in to slaves. This is true because it was said and it does not matter that I have not said anything to back it up, just like what you just said.
Here is another one Baptist love raping children. Of course that one I can back up http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm
You really don't like the truth... do ya!
You are already a slave...
Yer just seving the WRONG master!
Search for satanic murders of children...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#97080 Mar 24, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't like the truth... do ya!
You are already a slave...
Yer just seving the WRONG master!
Search for satanic murders of children...
You just buy any story. The only religious killings in the USA have been christians and Muslims killing ... well, everyone. Not one murder was ever done for some satanic ritual, not one. Funny you missed that fact.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97081 Mar 24, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all scientist are stupid, many recognize that there must be a creator. Anyone who has examined the complexity of life on earth would have to admit there is no way it could come about by blind chance.
Can you explain why that book is in many libraries throught the U.S. and Canada.
All you can do is try to belittle anyone who does not buy into your false claims with no evidence to support them. You are correct about evidence not being an element of faith. So why don't you drop this THEORY of evolution with no evidence or produce one shread of evidence to support it! As the old saying goes, "put up or shut up!"
Repeating the same debunked allegations over and over do not make them validated truths. The reason the ToE hasn't been dropped is because there are warehouses full of evidence in support of it.
On the other hand? Lets start on something that should be child's play for you. What is the physical evidence that a Global Flood occurred 4500 years ago? Put up or shut up.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97082 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>George Bush did take a lot of vacations and played a lot of golf, but I do not think he ever played with Tiger Woods
Maybe so...
BUT we were not 17 TRILLION in debt!
We were not in a sequester of Obama's making!
We did not release 2,000 dangerous Illegals on our streets!
We did not close the white house tours!
We did not blame a video for the needles deaths of 4 Americans
on the anniversary of 9/11 by terrorists!
We did not have a Muslim kill people at an army ft, and call it work place violence!
etc...
We did however had less people on food stamps!
We did have $2.00 a gal gas!
We did have less stupid people in gov offices!
ect... the List goes on!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#97083 Mar 24, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it was the gentiles? Do I sense doubt? I know the bible is not clear.
It stands to reason that He was talking about us, as He was talking to the Jewish people at the time!
Might even be others... I hope so, as I know what He did for me!
Amen!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97084 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Dream on. About 25% of Americans are church goers. There are more Pagans, Atheist, Agnostics, and I dont care people than there are church people.
When they do polls people who do not want to be preached at will say they are christians just to be left alone but they do not want to hear your crap, do not read the bible or believe in it, and are not christians.
You are a small minority getting smaller. Soon it will be nothing but old ladies and than your cult will die.
Gee...
I've read this kind of thing before....
Where was it????
OH YES!
It was in the Bible!
Gee...
Thanks again!
LOL

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97085 Mar 24, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>No! I mean the OT into the NT!
Unless you're 300 lbs...
And guess what?
I Truly believed!
excape satans grip!
I'm on the Good side!
Bragging that you survived habitual drug abuse and that you have replaced it with religion doesn't make you lucid, it merely makes me wonder what imbalance you were/are self medicating.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97086 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I asked god, but since he is not real he can not answer
He answers me all the time...
Because He is real!
Now... If you'd have a change of heart...
You might just find the truth!
God's real... get used to that!
I don't want to hear you curse your stupidity!
I'd rather hear you Praise His Holy Name!
Amen!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#97087 Mar 24, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Gee...
I've read this kind of thing before....
Where was it????
OH YES!
It was in the Bible!
Gee...
Thanks again!
LOL
Yes, anyone who formulates a scam, like your bible for example, is usually at least intelligent enough to know that the majority will eventually become too intelligent to fall for that scam. Sadly, your bible was about a thousand years off.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97088 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you still smoke meth
You are still a LIAR!
I understand... You cannot help yourself!
Jesus can!
Hope you figure it out!
12/24/05 was my last drug use!
(unless you count aspirin!... you give me a headache sometimes)
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97089 Mar 24, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all scientist are stupid, many recognize that there must be a creator. Anyone who has examined the complexity of life on earth would have to admit there is no way it could come about by blind chance.
Can you explain why that book is in many libraries throught the U.S. and Canada.
All you can do is try to belittle anyone who does not buy into your false claims with no evidence to support them. You are correct about evidence not being an element of faith. So why don't you drop this THEORY of evolution with no evidence or produce one shread of evidence to support it! As the old saying goes, "put up or shut up!"
So true!
Great post!
happy

Lexington, KY

#97090 Mar 24, 2013
Rise and SHINE! Let's go worship our Daddy! God bless EVERYONE! Hope your day is grand!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97091 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You may be alive but you are not lucid. In fact all of those drugs made you insane.
Satanist do not use drugs. It is against our beliefs.
Another lie!
place this in yer search...
"Real Picture Showing Satanic Victims"
then tell me your group does no drugs!
LIAR!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breaking News Wes Whitehead and WoodyGate 33 min The truth 32
Kentucky Needs Grimes 1 hr plain truth 56
The Billionaire's Choice 2 hr BOB 3
stoker coal 5 hr larry 1
Christina (Sep '13) 6 hr shortcake 26
Snapchat girls comment your username 9 hr 100-inthebitch 2
skynard grubb 11 hr skynard grubb 15
School board Race Thu Wayne the pain 27

Freeze Watch for Clay County was issued at October 31 at 11:15AM EDT

Manchester Dating