Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138110 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96156 Mar 14, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Bah Bye.... Tell the rest of your cult howdy....
You do understand... WE want you in Heaven with us, n God... right?
Not even God will force you to make that choice!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96157 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They don't want Bible study in public schools because they prefer we teach leftist propaganda.
Got that right!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96158 Mar 14, 2013
Lucky wrote:
Worse for the US there is a reason to have seperation of church and State it's called Islamic Law!, and it's ( Islam) is the fastest growing religion in the US! Be careful what you ask for!
Islam fills the void created by atheists, and they say nothing... until their heads are on the chopping block too!
Christians pray for the gay...
Muslims smash their heads in with concrete blocks... go figure!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#96159 Mar 14, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
If Jesus where real, and here today doing exactly what the bible claims he did the christian cult would kill him
How much lying can you do before even cannot believe it?
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#96161 Mar 14, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> The last time JESUS was here you nailed him to a cross ,spat on him , cursed him for speaking the truth, lashed him, and crusified him , Just as you are doing now on this thread and your every day Life. So watch yourself blasphemer, cause he IS coming back soon , and he is bringing GOD the father of all creation back With HIM. WOE unto you . there shall be wailling and knashing of teeth; for every unbeliever, there is ten thousand believers, So do us all a favor and shut up. Do not tell us what the bible says when you have No knoledge of what the word of GOD means. Judge not lest ye be not judged; GOD is the only judge, and judgement day will come for each and every one of us. One day you will be asked about ten questions ,and if you can't answer but five of them, then your going to hurt ! Hope GOD will forgive you...or maybe one day you will be in such a terrible way and in more PAIN than you can bare and you will cry out his name , OH GOD , please help me. Do you think that he would after the way you've talked about him ? what if ?
Great post!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#96162 Mar 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You do understand... WE want you in Heaven with us, n God... right?
All he has to do is drop by and introduce himself... And provide verifiable identification.... Until then what possibly reason would I pick Your delusional position over the other 1000 delusional positions of the other 1000's of religions that think their way is the Only Way through some magical Heavens Gate... The last group that thought they were heading for Heavens Gate didn't work out so good....

Every Cult thinks the other Cults are just a bunch of goofy people...
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#96163 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Radical secularists promote hate, see the quote above for proof.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
So true!
He must be Un-Righteous!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96164 Mar 14, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
All he has to do is drop by and introduce himself... And provide verifiable identification.... Until then what possibly reason would I pick Your delusional position over the other 1000 delusional positions of the other 1000's of religions that think their way is the Only Way through some magical Heavens Gate... The last group that thought they were heading for Heavens Gate didn't work out so good....
We just had a tent revival in this town and guess what? They called it "Heaven's Gate." For the religies, ignorance isn't an excuse, it's a achievement.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96166 Mar 14, 2013
I was going to say "a lifestyle," which would have worked, too. I changed it to " achievement" which seems more appropriate, but missed changing a to an. argh. It bugs me when that happens.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96167 Mar 14, 2013
Well...
I've caught up for the day...
I hope you all have a Great day,
keep warm!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96168 Mar 14, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Even a stopped clock...?
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96169 Mar 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You do understand... WE want you in Heaven with us, n God... right?
thing about this is that i doubt any of the atheist want to go to your heaven. what is so great about a heaven that isnt a reward for being a good person but in turn a reward for anyone that will just say im sorry, forgive me, and that includes murderers, rapists, pedophiles, liar...well anyone like the catholic priests that molest the little kids. your god invents a hell to punish the ones he is supposed to "love" when all he had to do was just kill the snake in the start, or better yet be like a good parent would be, be disappointed and heart broke but in no way would u ever torture them for eternity. your god punishes us for his faults in his creation cuz u have to understand that if god ceated it all then even the bad things are things he wanted in the equation or they would have never been the knowledge available for things to turn bad. and b4 u say its the devil that causes the bad, who gave the devil his life and thoughts...exactly, your god did. i see no love in the old testament at all and the new testament does have a few good things but over all it is not about love either. im just sorry u cant open your eyes and comprehend what all the bible has in it. if it wasnt named bible it would be banned from schools because of its grotesque demeanor. if u dont know about the immoral things god wants us to do then just let me know, ill post the scriptures for u. and dont come with we dont follow old testament blah blah blah, because the 10 commandments are old testament and the christians sure want them posted all over so it seems the old testament is in full force.
Candace

Frankfort, KY

#96170 Mar 14, 2013
The bible has no place in public education, and I do not want my tax dollars spent on nor my grandchildren being taught religious propaganda in public schools. If you want your child to have religious upbringing, send them to a private christian school. . .oh, gee, that is if you're not muslim, jewish, or buddhist.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96172 Mar 14, 2013
This is progress away from the dark ages

http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2013/03/12/non...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96174 Mar 14, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just WONDERING, why do MOST of the Christians FEEL the need to CAPITALIZE a lot of THEIR words when THEY post on here?
I was under the impression that all caps is equivalent to SCREAMING in typing land.
They are attempting to make up for a lack of logic and rational thought with volume. I suspect it's the way they were raised. Whoever was the loudest in an argument walked away the perceived victor.

Location hidden

#96175 Mar 14, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
I took a religion course in college and wrote my mid term paper on if Jesus actually ever existed. There are all kinds of facts that point out he never did. Things like the gospels weren't even written until many, many years after he died. That Jesus doesn't exist outside of the bible, that there are no outside sources written by anyone that predates the NT. The Romans were excellent record keepers and at Jesus death there was a major earthquake and many dead prophets were resurrected and were just wondering around the streets. You would think that someone would of written about that miracle yet no one did.
They you have forgeries, like the part of the book of Josephus where they added to his work to make it sound like an outside source confirms his existence. It just seems like a man as great as Jesus was would of left a lot bigger paper trail for us non believers.
Not to mention the fact that the story of Jesus (virgin birth, son of a god, miracles...etc) existed in several other cultures, in that part of the world, before it was re-told by the Christians (see Horus, Heracles, Dionysus, and about a half dozen others). Way too many parallels to just be coincidence, in my opinion.
ugh 1969

Stamping Ground, KY

#96176 Mar 14, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
They are attempting to make up for a lack of logic and rational thought with volume. I suspect it's the way they were raised. Whoever was the loudest in an argument walked away the perceived victor.
I like your name...out suits you well.

Location hidden

#96177 Mar 14, 2013
ugh 1969 wrote:
<quoted text> I like your name...out suits you well.
Thanks!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96178 Mar 14, 2013
If there was a creater why would we need to be told about him? Wouldn't we have some kind of link or knowledge from our birth?
If the myths about your god and jesus where true would not each of us have knowledge about them in our soul?
And how come the stories about jesus and the jewish god are exactly like the stories about older gods in older cultures? Why would a "living god" have to steal the stories from other lands and other peoples gods?
Yes, I expect an answer from the fundies here because they spout their poison with out ever answering or supporting their statements.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96180 Mar 14, 2013
I want to speak to you about something that will trouble most of you and be frightening to some of you.
In our ommunities, where we live and work, where our children play, there is an influx od evil. Yes, there are christians in our communities. They are building churches and trying to push their evil cult on to innocent children. They are even trying to teach their evil cult in our public schools, hoping to poison the innocent minds of our children.
It is our duty as good humane people to root out this evil and remove it from our communities. We must burn this evil away. We can not let the evil christian cult to take root in our communities and spread their poison.
I call upon all good Satanist to help eradicate this evilness. We can not stand by and let the christian cult spread through our communities, we must protect chrildren from this horror!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rich people dumpster driving 1 hr Tammy 4
who knows chris sevier in manchester? 1 hr a good friend 3
Clay county basketball 3 hr doc hollywood 6
Jimmy Smiths Uncle Delbert Collins 12 hr moses 3
meth on beechcreek 14 hr bob 4
Talesha Sizemore 16 hr cece 1
who was the dr that died from Manchester suicide? 21 hr Barbara Harris 6
who got hung on paces creek? Wed Wilma 33
More from around the web

Manchester People Search