Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Read more: The Courier-Journal 135,679

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more
haha

Hyden, KY

#96123 Mar 13, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> The last time JESUS was here you nailed him to a cross ,spat on him , cursed him for speaking the truth, lashed him, and crusified him , Just as you are doing now on this thread and your every day Life. So watch yourself blasphemer, cause he IS coming back soon , and he is bringing GOD the father of all creation back With HIM. WOE unto you . there shall be wailling and knashing of teeth; for every unbeliever, there is ten thousand believers, So do us all a favor and shut up. Do not tell us what the bible says when you have No knoledge of what the word of GOD means. Judge not lest ye be not judged; GOD is the only judge, and judgement day will come for each and every one of us. One day you will be asked about ten questions ,and if you can't answer but five of them, then your going to hurt ! Hope GOD will forgive you...or maybe one day you will be in such a terrible way and in more PAIN than you can bare and you will cry out his name , OH GOD , please help me. Do you think that he would after the way you've talked about him ? what if ?
I always love it when someone starts talking about how their God is going to come and smite you for not blindly following the same mythology they do.

When someone says this type of stuff, you can always hear their smug satisfaction even if they try to hide it. Seems like most of them are secretly looking forward to God coming to prove their rights, and getting to watch all the nay sayers trembling in fear as they wait for their punishment.

It's pretty pathetic. And keep dreaming. Seems like every preacher in the history of Christianity has thought judgment day would come within their lifetime. Many generations of them have obviously been wrong.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#96125 Mar 14, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Jesus taught what you call leftist beliefs, have you ever read your bible?
No, He didn't. Karl Marx taught what I call leftist beliefs.

They don't want Bible study in school because they'd prefer leftist propaganda.
Sman

Lexington, KY

#96126 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, He didn't. Karl Marx taught what I call leftist beliefs.
DIAF, phuqtard. No really, DIAF.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96127 Mar 14, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> The last time JESUS was here you nailed him to a cross ,spat on him , cursed him for speaking the truth, lashed him, and crusified him , Just as you are doing now on this thread and your every day Life. So watch yourself blasphemer, cause he IS coming back soon , and he is bringing GOD the father of all creation back With HIM. WOE unto you . there shall be wailling and knashing of teeth; for every unbeliever, there is ten thousand believers, So do us all a favor and shut up. Do not tell us what the bible says when you have No knoledge of what the word of GOD means. Judge not lest ye be not judged; GOD is the only judge, and judgement day will come for each and every one of us. One day you will be asked about ten questions ,and if you can't answer but five of them, then your going to hurt ! Hope GOD will forgive you...or maybe one day you will be in such a terrible way and in more PAIN than you can bare and you will cry out his name , OH GOD , please help me. Do you think that he would after the way you've talked about him ? what if ?
Since the story of jesus was made up several centuries after the time it is claimed no one nailed him to a tree because he did not exist.
Did some one speak out against the leaders and get killed for it? Yes, happens a lot.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#96128 Mar 14, 2013
Sman wrote:
DIAF, phuqtard. No really, DIAF.
Radical secularists promote hate, see the quote above for proof.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96129 Mar 14, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Since the story of jesus was made up several centuries after the time it is claimed no one nailed him to a tree because he did not exist.
Did some one speak out against the leaders and get killed for it? Yes, happens a lot.
You do not know that personally, you were not there.

Why claim to "know" what there is no way to have known personally? Just to propagandize your own personal unbelief onto others?

Pot-kettle-black.

It just projects your ignorance as well then too.

(Anyway, for someone that in your opinion didn't "walk this earth at some point" that guy Jesus, sure made a MAJOR dent in the world civ history books-dude.)

See the new Pope is a Jesuit? With a degree in Chemistry. Derived from what is referenced as an "Order of Poverty" in the Catholic Church, as in having taken a vow of poverty, as declined palatial living standards for a humble abode, bus transportation rather than chauffer services and tends to his own daily needs rather than those of in house cooks etc. Of a humbler character, more like that of Jesus, of the people, not above them.

I found that interesting, especially this day in time, in a world so consumed with greed and materialism and egomaniacal arrogance in leaders many places through out.

The words of Jesus hold much wisdom, no matter what the ral case scenrios were, for those that choose to read them with open, NON hate-consumed minds anyway.

Why hate on what is good?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96130 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Radical secularists promote hate, see the quote above for proof.
It must be hard walking around that jaded and hate filled every day!

Each to their own though, just glad it cannot be "forced upon" the rest of us to have to exist like that for a lifetime.(nasty stuff that hate stuff can be!!)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96131 Mar 14, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know that personally, you were not there.
Why claim to "know" what there is no way to have known personally? Just to propagandize your own personal unbelief onto others?
Pot-kettle-black.
It just projects your ignorance as well then too.
(Anyway, for someone that in your opinion didn't "walk this earth at some point" that guy Jesus, sure made a MAJOR dent in the world civ history books-dude.)
See the new Pope is a Jesuit? With a degree in Chemistry. Derived from what is referenced as an "Order of Poverty" in the Catholic Church, as in having taken a vow of poverty, as declined palatial living standards for a humble abode, bus transportation rather than chauffer services and tends to his own daily needs rather than those of in house cooks etc. Of a humbler character, more like that of Jesus, of the people, not above them.
I found that interesting, especially this day in time, in a world so consumed with greed and materialism and egomaniacal arrogance in leaders many places through out.
The words of Jesus hold much wisdom, no matter what the ral case scenrios were, for those that choose to read them with open, NON hate-consumed minds anyway.
Why hate on what is good?
Your opening statement that I do not know that he never existed is a two way street.
The words of jesus hold much wisdom? Than why do christians ignore those words? I have stated that if every one lived by Matthew 25:32-46 the world would be wonderful. Do YOU live by those words?
Put your actions where your words are.
And IF some one TRYS to live by the wisdom you speak of I will respect them, however the picking and choosing to suit the lifestyle and justify themselves I do not respect
happy

Lexington, KY

#96132 Mar 14, 2013
When you NEED a MIRACLE who or what do you turn too?

GOD is real... Some people don't want ACCOUNTABILITY... Therefore there is NO God...

Demon possession I guess also isn't real? O K OK OK ....
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES...LOVE ...and God... You are MISSING OUT on the GREATEST most UNCONDITIONAL LOVING Heavenly Father ... Those that truly KNOW HIM( not of Him) LOVE HIM, seek Him, RUN to HIM.. Because they have NEVER FELT such ACCEPTANCE and LOVE ....
Where do you think GOOD and BAD thoughts come from? LOL LOL
NO not from you! They come from the creator OR the created one(evil)
HAPPY :-) even in TRIALS , sadness... I'm comforted... THANK YOU JESUS
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96133 Mar 14, 2013
CUTE wrote:
JEWS ARE GOOD PEOPLE
Yes they are!
Amen!
Jesus is/was a Jew...
God Bless Israel!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96134 Mar 14, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't give any serious thought to the rabid dog spews of some the members of the Fear Spreading, Ego-tripping, self-serving Book Haters cult, as seen within the pages of this church of topix thread.
Due to their underdeveloped (or lack of any at all) cortextual regions, they are stuck, like muck, in the limbo of their own stunted limbic systemic piles of mess, unable to comprehend that the drivel of that which they often disseminate in ignorance, is often that of just nothing more than mere negative opinion, of that which they do not agree with, failing then to realize, blind to the realities, of the commonalities that all humanity possesses at the cores of it's collective brainstem.
Of course there are some GOOD Jewish people, just as are some good Catholic ones, Baptist ones, JW ones, Mormon ones, Buddist, HariKrishna's etc. etc.
It's the thieves, crooks, thugs, the depraved, the ego-maniacal, the deranged and likewise, no matter the race, creed or color are the ones that are the questionable dredges of any world society.
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96135 Mar 14, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Satan daddy and all his followers sat on a wall, all drinking kool-aid and had a great fall...
And the fall was great...
so true

Morgantown, KY

#96136 Mar 14, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR SAYING 'AGREE TO DISAGREE' IS AN OXYMORON! It's like saying you go north and I'll go south but let's walk along together. No way...You either agree or you disagree but it can't be both ways!
And when you say, "the way I see it" we know right then we are going to get your opinion. Opinions are like noses everybody has one!
ARE YOU A GENUINE CHRISTIAN?
It is vital for each person who claims to be a Christian to answer this question positively. Why? Because God’s approval depends thereon. Christianity is not merely a belief, an opinion or a label, but a way of life. Does your way of life reflect Christ’s example? Does your religious practice match the Biblical quality of the early Christians?
The apostle Paul invites us:“Put yourselves to the proof, to see whether you are holding the Faith. Test yourselves.”(2 Corinthians 13:5, The Twentieth Century New Testament) To this end, we invite you to check the following short list, while looking up the cited scriptures in your own Bible.
1. Do you participate in national or political loyalties that cause divisions among professed Christians?—1 Corinthians 1:10; John 18:36; James 1:27.
2. How do you define Christian love?—1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
3. Do you, in practice, endeavor to show true neighbor love? How?—Matthew 22:39; John 13:34, 35.
4. Are you kind, tenderly compassionate and forgiving toward others?—Ephesians 4:31; Romans 12:10.
5. In your daily life, do you avoid lying, stealing, cheating and the use of obscene and abusive language?—Ephesians 5:3-5; 4:25-31.
6. Are you inclined to think that sexual morality is of minor importance?—Mark 7:20-23.
7. Do you tend to excesses in eating and drinking?—Proverbs 23:20, 21; Ephesians 5:18.
8. Do you try to communicate true Christian faith to others by word and deed?—Romans 10:9, 10; 1 Corinthians 9:16.
At what conclusion do you arrive? Do true Christians really exist today? Do you know of any who earnestly try to live like Christ and at the same time make a real effort to communicate their Christian belief and way of life to their neighbors? Does your own religion in fact teach and practice genuine Christianity? Or is this just an attractive label or impressive signature?
If you do not already know them personally, we suggest you take a closer look at Jehovah’s Witnesses in your vicinity and see if they are conscientiously endeavoring to measure up to the Bible standards considered above. If you do not know where they are located, we will be glad to help you to get in touch with them.—Isaiah 43:10-12; Acts 11:26.
www.jw.org
Wow, oxymoron it may be..Even when I try to keep piece, I am stoned. No I dont guess I am a pure Christian as you say. But I do know , I judge not others, and the way they think, or act. I walk this earth alone , only hoping that my road was right. I wish the best for everyone, in all ways , but I am sorry , I cant say you or I either one are right for sure.:)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96137 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, He didn't. Karl Marx taught what I call leftist beliefs.
You mean like "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" versus "religion is the opium of the masses?"

I agree with both. Ignorance is bliss.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96138 Mar 14, 2013
Really wrote:
No different than the Amish.
Sick people in all groups....
More in some!

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#96139 Mar 14, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your opening statement that I do not know that he never existed is a two way street.
The words of jesus hold much wisdom? Than why do christians ignore those words? I have stated that if every one lived by Matthew 25:32-46 the world would be wonderful. Do YOU live by those words?
Put your actions where your words are.
And IF some one TRYS to live by the wisdom you speak of I will respect them, however the picking and choosing to suit the lifestyle and justify themselves I do not respect
I agree with this! This is what bothers me the most about the Christian religion and the Bible.

You can find a some good advice in the Bible, but if you followed all of the words in the Bible, you would more than likely end up in prison.

For example, most people know someone who is an alcoholic or has a drinking problem. If you were a parent who had a son, and that son was an alcoholic, the Bible explains to you how to deal with that problem.

"Deuteronomy 21:18-21

21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

OK...unless I am mistaken, stoning someone until they die, that is assault and manslaughter!!! If a Christian says they follow the Bible, and they try this with their loved one who is an alcoholic, I really hope they have a good lawyer to keep them out of prison!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96140 Mar 14, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> If I looked in the mirror what would I see ; I would see you , standing behind ME !...As Jesus instructed ; Get thee behind me satan ;
That isn't Satan standing behind you, it is the plank in your eye.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96141 Mar 14, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like exactly what anyone from any other religion would say. They all think they "know". At some point you have to respect the the truth, which is that none of us know if there is or is not a good. In the unlikely event there is a god, no one knows if any of our religions truly represent that god. And if by some exceptionally rare chance, one of our religions is truly from god, know one knows which one.
You can tell yourself you know, but you only believe. If you ever learn to accept that, you can take a much more honest look at the world.
I do know...
He saved me!
Hope you figure it out soon... Not much time left!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96142 Mar 14, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? Can you give me a list of examples on how one can know a God exists.
#1 you feel it in your soul!
#2 you see Him/His hand in all things!
#3 you know some things are just Wrong... Like Killing Babies!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96143 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Radical secularists promote hate, see the quote above for proof.
What are the most infamous examples of intentional daifs? Buddhist protesters, the Koresh compound, the spark of the Arab Spring? No, historically it was Christians burning thousands of grandmothers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ollie webb 2 hr JOE 14
Mc Donalds 4 hr info 15
crystal napier smith!!! of greenbriar! beware! ... 5 hr A worries ass man 4
Indictment spring cleaning though May 28 5 hr Team April storm 6
anybody think chris sevier is hot??? (May '09) 5 hr Bitty kitty 17
rats and snitches 5 hr Screw it 5
chris cavanaugh 5 hr Hmmm m 17
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE