Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 135,141

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96100 Mar 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find that having and teaching moral standards is wrong.
The problem is that the message is mixed with gobbledygook.
Jesus didn't die for anyone's sins but his own - and that "sin" was disturbing the profits and social controls of the temple.
Funny how people say you must hate God when you start mentioning TBN, CBN, Robertson, Copeland, Hinn etc.'s bank accounts. The more things change the more they stay the same.
You do understand that what christians worship is wealth and social status right? When you mention how rich some one is from conning old people out of their life savings than you are talking about their god

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96101 Mar 13, 2013
If Jesus where real, and here today doing exactly what the bible claims he did the christian cult would kill him
happy

United States

#96102 Mar 13, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>Christians are human too & we make mistakes & fall, but, we can ask our very Gracious & Forgiving God to forgive us & He will, unlike people! Yes, there are Christians that have a BAD WITNESS for Non-Believers, but they will answer to God on Judgement Day for THEIR actions! I Thank God for being so Faithful even when we're not!
True
Cribbins67

Winchester, KY

#96103 Mar 13, 2013
Do not be deceived by the nature of such an idea of teaching Bible in public schools. Anyone can falsely teach. Many pastors often do. To think God's knowledge would be mixed into the heathen temple we call public school.

Once upon a time in the 1800s, The Bible certainly was an integral part common education. Academic studies were far more limited than they are now. But part of what made Biblical teachings successful included other teachings to accomodate it. Such as, etiquette. Learning about the Bible is useless unless it is fully incorporated into our life. The basic fundamental idea of modern education is a direct contradiction against what God teaches us. He teaches us to NOT conform to society. As well, we are to give up our own will to serve His. So becoming "worldly" is an act to ignore our place with Him. Public education is all about conforming and becoming one of the world.

So its no different than trying to force a Satanic cult to host Holy Bible classes. It cannot be done. It is a conflict of interest.

But because I have grown to understand how evil promotes itself in this world today, it does not surprise me to see the Bible turn up in the schools again. Only this time, it will be perverted to the fullest extent for the sake of leading millions even further away from the REAL God.

It is indeed another trick and many will fall for it. Society is governed by evil. Plain and simple. And the only way to God is between YOU and His Book. Schools and churches do nothing but mix God with the world. The Bible calls it VANITY.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96104 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Christians are human too & we make mistakes & fall,
True
<quoted text>
but, we can ask our very Gracious & Forgiving God to forgive us & He will, unlike people! Yes, there are Christians that have a BAD WITNESS for Non-Believers, but they will answer to God on Judgement Day for THEIR actions! I Thank God for being so Faithful even when we're not!
False

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96105 Mar 13, 2013
Cribbins67 wrote:
Do not be deceived by the nature of such an idea of teaching Bible in public schools. Anyone can falsely teach. Many pastors often do. To think God's knowledge would be mixed into the heathen temple we call public school.
Once upon a time in the 1800s, The Bible certainly was an integral part common education. Academic studies were far more limited than they are now. But part of what made Biblical teachings successful included other teachings to accomodate it. Such as, etiquette. Learning about the Bible is useless unless it is fully incorporated into our life. The basic fundamental idea of modern education is a direct contradiction against what God teaches us. He teaches us to NOT conform to society. As well, we are to give up our own will to serve His. So becoming "worldly" is an act to ignore our place with Him. Public education is all about conforming and becoming one of the world.
So its no different than trying to force a Satanic cult to host Holy Bible classes. It cannot be done. It is a conflict of interest.
But because I have grown to understand how evil promotes itself in this world today, it does not surprise me to see the Bible turn up in the schools again. Only this time, it will be perverted to the fullest extent for the sake of leading millions even further away from the REAL God.
It is indeed another trick and many will fall for it. Society is governed by evil. Plain and simple. And the only way to God is between YOU and His Book. Schools and churches do nothing but mix God with the world. The Bible calls it VANITY.
If you have ever read your bible you would know that your god is the true evil, slavery, rape murder, killing innocent children, if your god where real he would be the most evil being ever

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96106 Mar 13, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You do understand that what christians worship is wealth and social status right? When you mention how rich some one is from conning old people out of their life savings than you are talking about their god
I believe I understand better than most do - from either side of the aisle. For many it is not about the wealth, status or conformity, but the visceral emotional satisfaction - which is both a stronger and completely different motivation.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96107 Mar 13, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If you have ever read your bible you would know that your god is the true evil, slavery, rape murder, killing innocent children, if your god where real he would be the most evil being ever
You misunderstand, SP. If a tiger eats and infant, it is not an inhuman act. If a tornado destroys an orphanage, it cannot be said that it was being inhumane. God or Devil, not being humans, cannot treat people inhumanely, only humans can - and to assuage their conscience, they find a justice. "It was the war." "It was revenge for a terrible act." "They asked for it."
Or, lacking anything else, "It is God's decree" or "The Devil's work."
Only Humans can be inhuman.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96108 Mar 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand, SP. If a tiger eats and infant, it is not an inhuman act. If a tornado destroys an orphanage, it cannot be said that it was being inhumane. God or Devil, not being humans, cannot treat people inhumanely, only humans can - and to assuage their conscience, they find a justice. "It was the war." "It was revenge for a terrible act." "They asked for it."
Or, lacking anything else, "It is God's decree" or "The Devil's work."
Only Humans can be inhuman.
So the humans that made up the god of the jewish people are evil.
Of course you are 100% correct. I can not put human concerns on imaginary beings
Lucky

Duluth, GA

#96109 Mar 13, 2013
LittleQueen wrote:
"A person that is good of human nature will be good no matter what religion he/she follows."
I agree with you 100%, Satanic Priest!
I don't think following a certain religion, be it
Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or whatever, guarantees that you will be a good person. It depends on how you are raised.
I think, if schools want to have a bible study, they should create a class that would study all faiths, so that kids can understand that their faith is not the only one that exists. They can also learn that many of the faiths have things in common, and hopefully this will lead them to be a little more understanding about people who believe differently from them.
Truthfully though, schools need to concentrate on the basics....mathematics, language arts, history, etc. You have kids who graduate from high school and can't write a complete sentence, or can't find North Korea on a map, or name any major world leader. No wonder we are so far behind other nations in these subjects.
. Amen you are right

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#96110 Mar 13, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a time, the Mormons kindly left some literature. I implicitly asked them about the multiple wives thing. They denied such. Of course at such young just out of school ages, certainly the thoughts of having just ONE wife would've been enough to keep them safe from the perils of having "one of those wretched things"- for a little while anyway :-). The conversation on comparative religions was interesting and enlightening, nice boys that they were, they were able to explain what they were representing rationally, AND listen to different viewpoints, with out resorting to childish antics.
The nice manners said a lot too.
Told us where the church was at should we ever have interest in it...and went about their business, no harm done.
(I mean realllly come on...some of this stuff being posted is just SO stuck in the dark ages of ignorance of bigotry).
There are a few million Mormons. So I assume most of them are rational, normal human beings. I'm not attacking Mormons.

But I am attacking their religion. It is an irrational religion based on the lies of a crook, like most religions are.

Unless you agree that Jesus once visited the USA and talked to the Indians and that the Indians are darker because they are full of sin. lol
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96111 Mar 13, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a few million Mormons. So I assume most of them are rational, normal human beings. I'm not attacking Mormons.
But I am attacking their religion. It is an irrational religion based on the lies of a crook, like most religions are.
Unless you agree that Jesus once visited the USA and talked to the Indians and that the Indians are darker because they are full of sin. lol
See now when I was having some discussion with the young ones, another question in mind was, how DID the "Christianity" preached of Jesus per say, establish such roots in the USA.

They (the Mormon kids) had a book of history too.

One thing we did manage to agree on was that the probability of one specific "tribe" per say, as being of some sort of special "chosen tribe" was pretty slim.

Just saying....(and I've always heard Indians were often thought of as devil heathens, and no doubt the elder elder, called in for special ops back up in losing battleground one day, may have thought so toooo LOL :-).)
ugh1969

Martinsville, IN

#96112 Mar 13, 2013
Let's leave the preaching and teaching of Gods word to the MEN whom were called to be the shepherds of their flock. Just like the professionals saying that mom and pop, and the ones that are not educated in teaching sex should leave the sex Ed to pros. Ridiculous.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96113 Mar 13, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
(and after that when I'd see them out-I'd wave and say hey kids--stay outa trouble lol)
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96114 Mar 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
shrug. I contend that I'm prejudiced without having to rely on the Bible, Tanakh, Qur'an, etc. for justification. You can call me an arrogant egocentric hypocrite for that self awareness - I've answered to worse.
Ummmmmmmmmmm...naw, I liked your recent post on living ABOVE the pitfalls and shortcomings of just mere monetary.:-)
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96115 Mar 13, 2013
ugh1969 wrote:
Let's leave the preaching and teaching of Gods word to the MEN whom were called to be the shepherds of their flock. Just like the professionals saying that mom and pop, and the ones that are not educated in teaching sex should leave the sex Ed to pros. Ridiculous.
Uhhhh...I think all that should be left up to PARENTS, except for the basic biology facts.

Wouldn't want any hoe teaching (or skanking up) my kids anything either.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#96116 Mar 13, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
If Jesus where real, and here today doing exactly what the bible claims he did the christian cult would kill him
The last time JESUS was here you nailed him to a cross ,spat on him , cursed him for speaking the truth, lashed him, and crusified him , Just as you are doing now on this thread and your every day Life. So watch yourself blasphemer, cause he IS coming back soon , and he is bringing GOD the father of all creation back With HIM. WOE unto you . there shall be wailling and knashing of teeth; for every unbeliever, there is ten thousand believers, So do us all a favor and shut up. Do not tell us what the bible says when you have No knoledge of what the word of GOD means. Judge not lest ye be not judged; GOD is the only judge, and judgement day will come for each and every one of us. One day you will be asked about ten questions ,and if you can't answer but five of them, then your going to hurt ! Hope GOD will forgive you...or maybe one day you will be in such a terrible way and in more PAIN than you can bare and you will cry out his name , OH GOD , please help me. Do you think that he would after the way you've talked about him ? what if ?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96117 Mar 13, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> The last time JESUS was here you nailed him to a cross ,spat on him , cursed him for speaking the truth, lashed him, and crusified him , Just as you are doing now on this thread and your every day Life. So watch yourself blasphemer, cause he IS coming back soon , and he is bringing GOD the father of all creation back With HIM. WOE unto you . there shall be wailling and knashing of teeth; for every unbeliever, there is ten thousand believers, So do us all a favor and shut up. Do not tell us what the bible says when you have No knoledge of what the word of GOD means. Judge not lest ye be not judged; GOD is the only judge, and judgement day will come for each and every one of us. One day you will be asked about ten questions ,and if you can't answer but five of them, then your going to hurt ! Hope GOD will forgive you...or maybe one day you will be in such a terrible way and in more PAIN than you can bare and you will cry out his name , OH GOD , please help me. Do you think that he would after the way you've talked about him ? what if ?
Who nailed him to the cross? It wasn't SP or atheists, it was the established dominant religion of his day. Jump that a couple millenia forward and a few thousand miles west and who would that be HERE AND NOW? Look in the mirror, bubba.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#96118 Mar 13, 2013
so true wrote:
I look at it this way , however we do not agree , this is the way I feel. I am the only one who can make myself a good person , and too some I am sure good will never be good enough , but all I can do is try. I see God in this way , you may see him in another , but we agree do disagree....
And A Meadowlark Sang
Ravindra Kumar Karnani
"The child whispered,'God, speak to me'
And a meadow lark sang.
The child did not hear.
So the child yelled,'God, speak to me!'
And the thunder rolled across the sky
But the child did not listen.
The child looked around and said,
'God let me see you' and a star shone brightly
But the child did not notice.
And the child shouted,
'God show me a miracle!'
And a life was born but the child did not know.
So the child cried out in despair,
'Touch me God, and let me know you are here!'
Whereupon God reached down
And touched the child.
But the child brushed the butterfly away
And walked away unknowingly."
YOUR SAYING 'AGREE TO DISAGREE' IS AN OXYMORON! It's like saying you go north and I'll go south but let's walk along together. No way...You either agree or you disagree but it can't be both ways!
And when you say, "the way I see it" we know right then we are going to get your opinion. Opinions are like noses everybody has one!
ARE YOU A GENUINE CHRISTIAN?
It is vital for each person who claims to be a Christian to answer this question positively. Why? Because God’s approval depends thereon. Christianity is not merely a belief, an opinion or a label, but a way of life. Does your way of life reflect Christ’s example? Does your religious practice match the Biblical quality of the early Christians?
The apostle Paul invites us:“Put yourselves to the proof, to see whether you are holding the Faith. Test yourselves.”(2 Corinthians 13:5, The Twentieth Century New Testament) To this end, we invite you to check the following short list, while looking up the cited scriptures in your own Bible.
1. Do you participate in national or political loyalties that cause divisions among professed Christians?—1 Corinthians 1:10; John 18:36; James 1:27.
2. How do you define Christian love?—1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
3. Do you, in practice, endeavor to show true neighbor love? How?—Matthew 22:39; John 13:34, 35.
4. Are you kind, tenderly compassionate and forgiving toward others?—Ephesians 4:31; Romans 12:10.
5. In your daily life, do you avoid lying, stealing, cheating and the use of obscene and abusive language?—Ephesians 5:3-5; 4:25-31.
6. Are you inclined to think that sexual morality is of minor importance?—Mark 7:20-23.
7. Do you tend to excesses in eating and drinking?—Proverbs 23:20, 21; Ephesians 5:18.
8. Do you try to communicate true Christian faith to others by word and deed?—Romans 10:9, 10; 1 Corinthians 9:16.
At what conclusion do you arrive? Do true Christians really exist today? Do you know of any who earnestly try to live like Christ and at the same time make a real effort to communicate their Christian belief and way of life to their neighbors? Does your own religion in fact teach and practice genuine Christianity? Or is this just an attractive label or impressive signature?
If you do not already know them personally, we suggest you take a closer look at Jehovah’s Witnesses in your vicinity and see if they are conscientiously endeavoring to measure up to the Bible standards considered above. If you do not know where they are located, we will be glad to help you to get in touch with them.—Isaiah 43:10-12; Acts 11:26.
www.jw.org
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#96121 Mar 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who nailed him to the cross? It wasn't SP or atheists, it was the established dominant religion of his day. Jump that a couple millenia forward and a few thousand miles west and who would that be HERE AND NOW? Look in the mirror, bubba.
If I looked in the mirror what would I see ; I would see you , standing behind ME !...As Jesus instructed ; Get thee behind me satan ;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is manchester a good place to live ? 1 hr jmo 13
welzie James wagers (Apr '12) 6 hr darkside 19
Should Kentucky put a limit on having kids 6 hr Bill 4
Clay co jail really bad 6 hr Bill 3
Norma Messers familys land 7 hr omg its out 1
first to manufacture meth in clay county 10 hr Mike 3
Tacha Buttrey (Nov '08) 19 hr james marcum 20
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web